test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Costume a Day 2014

bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Costumes and Concepts
Since it was suggested on the old character a day thread that this be reinvigorated for the new year, I figured I'd start things off.

However, this needs to be a collaborative effort, so we need at least another 6 people to take part so that each collaborator only has to produce one per week. Since today is (*checks calendar*) Wednesday, I'll bagsy today for myself. Reply here or PM me or whatever if you want to take part.

Monday: zedbrightlander
Tuesday: ....
Wednesday: bobsy26
Thursday: spyderlad
Friday: velis3
Saturday: bluhman
Sunday: lilsteffie

The aim is that between 7 of us we'll be throwing out a new costume concept every day, offering the costume file to the community for free use or to offer inspiration for others. In other words - don't get pissy if you see someone wearing your costume out and about - feel proud.

A Costume a Day 2014 - Pages of Costumes Lists

Weeks 1 to 6

Weeks 7 to 11

Weeks 12 to 16

Weeks 17 to 21

Weeks 22 - 27

Weeks 28 - 34

Weeks 35 - 40

Weeks 41 - 46

Weeks 47 - 52

Above links to be edited/updated/back filled until December 31, 2014 ( and perhaps just a little bit after )

to be updated
Post edited by bobsy26 on

Comments

• bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [reserved for future archiving]
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    il take sunday if thats possible. thanks. XD

EDIT: Thanks for the spot, Bobsy!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited January 2014
    1st January 2014:
    Viper Trooper Redesign

(requires Patterned Armour set, Viper Helmet)

NewViperTrooper.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_NewViperTrooper_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_441892570.jpg

I made this outfit for a couple of reasons.

The first was to show off a simple layering technique which can be used for all costume designs. Essentially the outfit uses two separate layers of clothing which can be quickly and easily spotted by eye. The bottom layer is a black padded jumpsuit, over which is placed the green metal armour layer. This means that there are two separate colour schemes for the two layers, but I sped the process up considerably by having the top layer using linked colours and the bottom layer being simple black.

The second reason was that wanted to show off what the Patterned Armor costume set can be used for, as I think it's been one of the more easily-overlooked sets on the Z-store. I find it's immensely useful for making Star Wars Stormtrooper-esque outfits, since it lends itself to that same sort of segmented armour. And since VIPER are the easiest Stormtooper analogue in Champions Online, they were an obvious choice to theme the costume.

Plus, green and yellow body armour? SO last decade, fellas. Time for a redesign.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whoa! I was just about to create this thread. :eek:

Way to go, bobsy26! :biggrin:

Edit test -

A Costume a Day 2014 - Pages of Costumes List

Weeks 1 to 6

Weeks 7 to 11

Weeks 12 to 16

Weeks 17 to 21

Weeks 22 - 27

Weeks 28 - 34

Weeks 35 - 40

Weeks 41 - 46

Weeks 47 - 52

Above links to be edited/updated/back filled until December 31, 2014 ( and perhaps just a little bit after )
    -

Also sharing links back to our goodies here over at - Champions Costume Exchange.
    -

Monday: zedbrightlander1
    Tuesday: serpinecoh <---- gone silent
    Wednesday: bobsy26
    Thursday: spyderlad <---- gone silent
    Friday: velis3
    Saturday: bluhman
    Sunday: lilsteffie

Regular Bonus Costumers - eiledon , zamuelpwe, themightyzenith - Thank you guys so much and everyone who posted even on costume. :smile:
    -

Bonus costumes: by (guest)

Bonus costumes: by (guest)
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    The following is taken from the Wiki (ok, from the back up of the lost CO Wiki)

I am placing it here in case someone does not understand how to find the hero costume files.

Saving and Loading - Saved Costume

Within Champions Online it is possible to save and load a costume so that it can be used on another character or even shared among other players. In order to save a costume, one must simply press the save button on the bottom of the screen when you've created a costume you want to save. In order to load a costume, you must be in the tailor and at any point you can press the load button and it will bring up a list of any costumes you have saved. Selecting that costume will automatically apply it to the character.

Costumes are saved to a file located in the screenshots folder of where your game is installed. When you save a costume it creates a full body screenshot of your character with blue background (which resembles a comic book cover, seen at right - Edit - Image is Below). This picture contains all data of your costume. The standard paths for Windows are as follows:

Windows Vista - \Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live\Screenshots
    Windows 7 - Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live\Screenshots
    Windows XP ? Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live\Screenshots

Additionally, if you run Champions Online through Steam, there is a different path.

Steam - Steam\steamapps\common\champions online\Champions Online\Live\screenshots

Costume_ZedBrightlander_FreeForm1_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_402255438_zpsee33857c.jpgCostume_ZedBrightlander_DefaultFemale_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_440012968_zps25462934.jpg

Once the most common sights in the RenCen, may now be the rarest Costume in the game.

I am using copies of the Default hero costume(s) simple as an example. It is certainly not one of the 365 NEW heroes we expect to see in this thread over this year. :smile:

The old thread CaD thread in case some want to reference it.
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202431
    -
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • spyderladspyderlad Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Awesome. Glad to have this back. I already showed interest and I can take thursday. So expect a new char concept tomorrow from your friendly neighborhood Spiderlad!
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    -Edit- apologies, didn't see the thread rules :P

So what do you want to do? Do you want a place on the rota, or is this just a one-off? We've still got a bunch of spaces.

Also, zedbrightlander1? I guess you want a day as well?
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can I take the Saturday slot?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited January 2014
    bobsy26 wrote: »
    So what do you want to do? Do you want a place on the rota, or is this just a one-off? We've still got a bunch of spaces.

Also, zedbrightlander1? I guess you want a day as well?

I can take whatever is left and even be used as an auxiliary Costumer if we get 7 or more volunteers (as long as you don't expect much in the way of quality from me). :redface: I say that because I only have access to parts that are free to all and many of the drops or easy to get Recognition purchases.

My goal, in the near future, is to re-create the Archetypes costumes with as many of the free parts to demonstrate some of the variations that are possible even with these limits.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My goal, in the near future, is to re-create the Archetypes costumes with as many of the free parts to demonstrate some of the variations that are possible even with these limits.
    This is a worthy goal, I look forward to the day it happens. :smile:
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd be happy to pick up one day - as long as someone else is willing to deal with getting the images hosted somewhere. (Yes, yes, I know there are various free hosting options. I don't want to deal with it.)
    edited January 2014
    I've got my costume ready but can't figure out how to post it to the thread. Any advice?
    edited January 2014
    spyderlad wrote: »
    I've got my costume ready but can't figure out how to post it to the thread. Any advice?

You need an image hoster. Photobucket comes recommended as it allows direct linking on other sites (such as this forum) and doesn't screw around with file names (which is useful for the costume files themselves).
    edited January 2014
    I have been using - Picasa - for most of my pics. Used them long before Google added it to G Plus.

Whatever you end up using, check to make sure it does not change the name of the Hero file. It's still possible to use it, but it puts an extra burden on the player who wants to use it to convert it back to a usable file in the CC.

Edit- Oh wait. bobsy26 already mentioned this. D'OH!

It's a shame. We use to be able to post pics directly from PC.

Here is a link to all of the game pics I have ever uploaded.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    I'd be happy to pick up one day - as long as someone else is willing to deal with getting the images hosted somewhere. (Yes, yes, I know there are various free hosting options. I don't want to deal with it.)

Not sure how to help you with this. :confused: Any body have any ideas?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Here is a bonus hero to start the year off right. It is an update of one from TCE thread.

Here's a Molten Mountain Man

Costume_ZedBrightlander_MoltenMountainMan4_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443824878_zpsc1eaf85d.jpg

I felt it needed some yellow in the cracks. I also changed the color beneath the eyes to yellow as well. Flaming Eyes of the Scourge may not be available to all players. Red eyes should work as well.

Like I said, let's consider this a bonus post. :smile:

Edited to add caps.
    -
    MMM-001.jpgMMM-002.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You need an image hoster. Photobucket comes recommended as it allows direct linking on other sites (such as this forum) and doesn't screw around with file names (which is useful for the costume files themselves).

Photobucket will scramble the file name if you don't turn that option off.

Name > User Settings > Privacy > File Name Scrambling
    edited January 2014
    I'm familiar with image hosting sites but cannot get the image to load. I click on the little image window nothing happens. I wonder if it's because im on a fairly new account.
    edited January 2014
    Could be. What's the URL of the image?
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    Costume_spyderlad_NoName_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_441939605_zps7bda10fd.jpg

This is Hotstreak.

Powers: Fire manipulaion and generation and superspeed.

Here you go. Seems to work alright. Might help to do a larger screenshot as well so we can get a better view of the character.

EDIT:

A reminder for everyone, we still have slots available for Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Give us a shout if you want in.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A reminder for everyone, we still have slots available for Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Give us a shout if you want in.

I'll have a go with Tuesdays if ya like :-)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited January 2014
    January 4 - Rustbarge
    L6hvDDR.png
    costume file

One man's trash is another man's treasure. It overheats, doesn't know how to use its arm cannons, and needs oiling every other day, but it's protected junkyards and trailer parks for decades; not a single intruder has made it past the Rustbarge's watchful eye.

edited January 2014

Pardon my snip.

I'll post one up on Monday and take that slot, until further notice, if we get no other Costumer Volunteers by then. I'm really hoping that by the end of the Month we will have many more than 7 players interested in post new creations. Yeah, I'm an eternal optimist, feel free to shot me. :tongue:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    (I am everso slightly in love with Rustbarge, if only because I've not been able to make any use of that armadillo back piece yet)
    edited January 2014
    January 5 - Post Apoc Sniper dude

screenshot_2014-01-06-00-33-41_zps2c47fa97.jpg

No, i dont have a name for this dude yet, feel free to use this toon as you see fit. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Click here for costume file.

If you need any more help or have any issues with the costume files, feel free to ask in this thread! We don't bite.
    :smile:

edited January 2014
    Thanks for a great first week everyone! I've put links to the week's costumes in the top post to help archive the project. Here's to next week!
    edited January 2014
    Posting this one a few hours early.

Ice Golem
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_IceGolum4_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_442291156_zps97b2fd87.jpg

Was never my intention to post this one on the heals of the red one I just posted, but it's so terrible cold here in New Jersey it seemed appropriate. { brrrrr }

Can be used as a Glacier, obviously, but could also work as a Behemoth, Savage or even a Squall. A few others if you're feeling creative. I used Metal Skin on every part because it offers a reflective, shiny quality not unlike ice - IMHO. The hair is the only part that cannot be made to look like metal. Easy enough to remove if you don't like it.

Edit -
    IceGolum-001.png
    Inspiration hit me today. I wanted to see what this would look like using a Fiery Aura set to Blue.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, this caught my interest. Only one a week should be easy enough. If nobody has claimed Friday by the time I post this, pencil me in for that day. Gives me the whole week to come up with something....

...stay back Real Life, back I say!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Great Idea Guys. I will probably toss in some ideas as inspiration strikes if that is ok :D

COMET MCPD Variant (Configurable Metallic Trooper)
    Costume_CostumeADay_COMETConfigurableMetallicTrooperMCPD_zps1b01d296.jpg

Created to assist military and police forces around the world, the COMET range of armored robotic personal can be configured for a wide variety of roles. Here we see a COMET model customized for the police force of Millennium City to aid them in their battle with super powered foes.

Goldspark
    Costume_CostumeADay_Goldspark_zps92d670ed.jpg

After touching a strange alien artifact, Andy Gould found himself enveloped by a cloud of golden sparks. When the cloud subsided he saw that his clothing had been replaced by a strange suit which granted him incredible speed and also seemed to be able to generate some sort of golden electrical charge. Deciding to emulate the heroes he had watched save the world over and over, Andy became Gold Spark.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It seems to me that the Stickied thread "Champions Costume Exchange" serves the same purpose as this thread.....I think I'll just post costumes in there instead.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited January 2014
    It seems to me that the Stickied thread "Champions Costume Exchange" serves the same purpose as this thread.....I think I'll just post costumes in there instead.

Well the idea is that it is a more organised and consistent output. Once a week rather than fits and spurts every now and then. Plus I'll be cataloguing the week's output to there's a record of who's made what.
    edited January 2014
    That's cool, TMZ. As long as you're creating and sharing - well, that's the important part, right? :smile:

This tread is about a group of Costumers meeting the challenge of getting to December 31 having posted (at least) one costume a day. DinahMightcoh gave herself this same challenge last year and seemed to burn out around April.
    Or maybe she just got bored with CO. { shrug }

Personally, I'm hoping that with 7 (or more) players we might just make it to December 31 without the burn out factor. { crosses fingers }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Wednesday 8th January 2014
    Fleshthief

(requires Halloween Mask Pack, Wired Cyborg, Arabian Nights)

Fleshthief.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Fleshthief_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_442522879.jpg

Something distinctly villainous from me this week. The idea is of a robot obsessed with becoming human, and stealing body parts to achieve this. A few careful tweaks of the body sliders meant that the skin parts all feel somewhat mismatched, and the head itself is actually a metal skull if you look carefully - or if you were to peel that horrific skin mask off.
    edited January 2014
    Thursday so it's my turn again.

This is Avian. Power of flight from her wings and rains down justice from above with her mighty bow.

Costume_prestochango_Nightingale_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_441358057_zpsc218b797.jpg

754a7e55-340c-48bf-a3d1-332c18bbbb48_zps4ab71426.jpg
  • velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok, it's Friday and I'm up.

For my first entry of the year I present to you Hawxtar, Intergalactic Bounty Hunter.

Dead or alive (per the terms of the contract) she always gets her man... thing... err, alien life form. She likes to collect a trophy from the more difficult bounties (Roin'esh, Gadroon, Pygmy Space Pirates of Sector 12) or as part of her reward from the contract holder (e.g., The Birdpeoples of Windgar Prime).

Hawxtar.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_Hawxtar_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_442722992.jpg
    edited January 2014
    January 11 - Woolen Warden
    AdsMLma.png
    Download Link

Neither a coward nor conventional, the Woolen Warden proudly stands up for those who are too sheepish to fight back against wrongdoings.

edited January 2014
    I going to post another bonus costume. I am posting this mainly to lower the bar.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3881751&postcount=29

I posted it to the - The Strangest/Stupidest concepts you've ever come up with - thread.

Costume_ZedBrightlander_The+Wizz+3_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_442770706.jpg
    -

As costumes go it very lame, if not down right puke-able. :redface: If The Wizz is the floor, for me, then there is plenty of room to go up and improve. :smile:

This one is too hideous to cap.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    January 12 - SUPER DUPER CYBER NINJA DUCK MAN!!

screenshot_2014-01-12-01-00-56.jpg

Click here for Costume File!

Super Duper Cyber Ninja Duck man is the ultimate action figure for your kid! Whether it be for his birthday or just a suprise present, this action figure ought to suprise him with his stylish ninja moves and shuriken! He comes in a variety of colours such as Blue! Dark Blue! Slightly darker blue! Sky Blue!! And.. PINK!!

BUY NOW FOR ONLY $15.00

Just thought i'd make something quirky and fun after such a long time. I'll make a tights costume for my next design. Inspiration came from Slapperfish for his awesomely funny costumes, credit goes to him for the head design.

Edit: Added costume file, sorry about that.

edited January 2014
    Hey, lilsteffie.

Think you forgot to post the CC file. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Our first full 7-day week is complete! Thanks to everyone for taking part so far! See you next week!
    edited January 2014
    Time for Something new-ish.

Bob from Accounting AKA Starboardnecelle created this little gem long ago.

Costume_Starboard_Nacelle_BobtheMega-Destroid_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_372007678_zps900c870b.jpg

Does that guy look familiar? If you more than 28th level, you've probably fought plenty of his siblings.

Since I got some of those Steampunk parts over the Winter Event, I decide to see what one of these guy would look like if constructed back in the 1880s.

Meet - Steampunk Desty
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_SteampunkDesty3_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443685142_zps3cbd4368.jpg
    -
    Not all of the extra parts are Steampunk parts, but most should be easy to get. If you cannot get the Steampunk Mustache (Bushy), the costume is a wash - IMHO ;-)

Steampunk Mustache (Bushy), Steampunk Smoke Stacks, Steampunk Electro-Backpack, Gadroon Shield, Armor Superconductor (Feet)

http://web.archive.org/web/20130806090124/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/UNTIL_Recognition_Store

My next bonus costume will be a easy twist on an Arch costume. If no one post by tomorrow night, I will post it then.

Edited to add cap.
    -
    Desty-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    We still don't have anyone signed up for Tuesday, so I'll fill today's guest slot with a quick bonus. Meet Grumblegore, a mutated yellow triceratops-Gadroon thing. It will require the Dr Ka armour piece to work, I'm afraid.

Grumblegore.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Grumblegore_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443041838.jpg
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What determines entry? I don't know if I'll be able to join in weekly but could occasionally add in a design or two.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited January 2014
    While we've got Tuesday open feel free to post something if you like. Or, if you prefer, hold on to it for next Tuesday. There's no hurry - still 50 weeks to go.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool. I've got stuff ready for the next two Tuesdays.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited January 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Cool. I've got stuff ready for the next two Tuesdays.

If you ever feel as if the one that you are working on isn't, yet, to your liking, or if you get a case of Costumer's Block, holler to the board. If one of us has an extra one ready to go, it'll give time to feel good about that next costume. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    15th January 2014
    Pilsner

(requires Heroic Formal - sorta)

Pilsner.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Pilsner_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443128500.jpg

I half-had Simon Pegg's character from The World's End in my head when I started, so there's more than a hint of washed-up early-90s throwback present in Pilsner. It was fun making him look worn and aged without resorting to the "old" face skins.

Also, this is part of continued experimentation in making black costumes. The key is to only use the "full" black colour to pick out details, such as the piping on the jacket, and to mix things up with dark greys and other washed-out colours. The flame pattern on the jeans is decently subtle, I think.