Install Arc

A Costume a Day 2014

1101112131416»

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    December 6 - Jumping Justice
    1NUxVgF.png

Avid fan of superheroes of all kinds, JJ here's just an ordinary girl who took gymnastics and bought a Foxbat fan kit. Armed with some crappy boomerangs and stuff, she is kind of okay at not getting murdered by criminals.

Costume File
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Greetings!

I know, I know... I'm running a little late this week. What?! I've been pretty good for most of the year. Ok, would you believe half the year? Occasionally?

Anyhow, on with the show. For those of you who liked my Shadowrun-esque costumes (*pointing* Yes, you in the back, I'm talking to you), how about one more for the year. Let me see... I've got a samurai, mage and shaman, what's next? How about a decker?(or is it hacker now, new rules and all?)

Street Decker

StreetDecker.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_StreetDecker_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_471309861.jpg

Wow, hard to believe I've only got three more Fridays left in the year. Will I make it all the way or will I run out of steam in the home stretch?

Tune in next week to find out, same Champs time-ish, same Champs channel.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    velis3 wrote: »
    Greetings!

I know, I know... I'm running a little late this week. What?! I've been pretty good for most of the year. Ok, would you believe half the year? Occasionally?

Anyhow, on with the show. For those of you who liked my Shadowrun-esque costumes (*pointing* Yes, you in the back, I'm talking to you), how about one more for the year. Let me see... I've got a samurai, mage and shaman, what's next? How about a decker?(or is it hacker now, new rules and all?)

Street Decker

StreetDecker.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_StreetDecker_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_471309861.jpg

Wow, hard to believe I've only got three more Fridays left in the year. Will I make it all the way or will I run out of steam in the home stretch?

Tune in next week to find out, same Champs time-ish, same Champs channel.

Deckers still a decker. Very nice :)
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A quick toon I made up for a costume competition yesterday......caped crusader who puts fear in the heart of evil-doers.

The Griffon
    52e20570-ec55-41ac-8569-9560af6c4063.jpg
    XXXCostume FileXXX

Needs the Steelhawk set and the Classic Foxbat Mantle with Classic Foxbat Cape

heh...seems I can't write g.o.d.d.a.m.n in the title and I can't edit it out now ;-)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A variation on my last entry........gun-toting, patriotic vigilante.
    War-Eagle
    2e187968-4f9d-47f3-be2f-71b565ecd5e6.jpg
    XXXCostume FileXXX

Needs the Steelhawk Set, Star Tights Set, Sci-Fi Soldier Set, Robot samurai Set, 90's Foxbat Set, Speedster Goggles and Avian Warrior Set (the belt only for the last set so it's not altogether necessary, you could just replace it with pouches).
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wednesday 10th December 2014

Copper Elemental and Carbon Elemental

CopperElemental.jpgCarbonElemental.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_CopperElemental_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_456662876.jpgCostume_Bobsy_CarbonElemental_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_471545767.jpg

(Copper Elemental requires: Bone armour set (chest wear, feet, shoulder, arm accessories, leg accessories, bracer), Geo armour set (face, torso, legs, hands), Vine set (belt), Archer set (hood))
    (Carbon Elemental requires: Psionic Dragon set (all over)

Ugh. I spend ages making an elaborate armoured warrior from an underwater race, finished it and forgot to save. So I'm afraid this week it's another dip into the back catalogue, with a more sensible view on conjured elementals.

===
    Success! How did I not see this before? Of course I cannot magically summon elementals of earth, fire, air or water when even an idiot left alone with a periodic table can see that they are not elements! I have refined the ritual, and brought in more particular reagents, and am proud to write that I have summoned my first elemental, a creature of living copper! What surprised me the most was that this creature appears to not be unfamiliar with our world, since it came wearing a tattered hood and cloak. Still, the binding spell seems to have worked, and the beast seems docile enough. I shall investigate further.
    - From the journal of Magus Derek Reid, March 1990
    The carbon elemental is beyond anything I dreamed. While its body seems to be made from dark and somewhat fragile graphite, it is coated in thick plates of pure diamond, practically indestructible! What concerns me however is that the creature is so far resisting my binding spell. It has not yet displayed any aggressive tendencies, but probably is yet to realise that it is a captive. This is a worry. I do not wish a repeat of the Iron Elemental incident.
    - From the journal of Magus Derek Reid, January 1991
    edited December 2014
    December 13 - The Cleaner

TCKAsdX.png
    Good day, sir. Is there any way I can be of service? Doing your clothes? Replacing the sheets? Maybe an inconvenient political enemy or two disposed of...?

Costume File

edited December 2014
    Greetings!

Welcome to another exciting episode of "What The Heck Is That?!?".

This week we have a mysterious guest. He goes by the name of Mr. Killz and is the leader of a biker gang called, The Biker Boyz of Butcher's Hollow. Where the heck is Butcher's Hollow? Who knows, but where ever they are from, they are apparently looking to stay. After the recent events in Westside, when Hi-Pan created a vacuum in the power structure of the local gangs, the Biker Boyz arrived in the dead of night and immediately began marking their new territory.

Take heed, folks, for this is no ordinary gang. Filled with meta-humans, genetic mutations and possibly even aliens, this gang can go toe-to-toe with superheroes... maybe even the Champions. Let's hope we never have to find out.

Anyhow, Mr. Killz is the leader, a somewhat unassuming individual who, nevertheless, commands these vicious and ruthless thugs. The mystery is in how he does that. Nobody seems to know what his abilities or powers are. Heck, nobody has ever seen his face (at least nobody still alive).

Mr. Killz is surrounded by an eclectic mix of criminals, with names like: DJ Ruffstuf, Chase Entrails, Chaynes McGee, and Jonah Stonecutter.

Annnd, that's all the time I have today. I'm your host, Sonny Albright, and thanks for tuning in to "What The Heck Is That?!?".

Mr. Killz
    MrKillz.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_MrKillz_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_471824183.jpg

[Editor's Note] The day after this story ran, Sonny Albright went missing. Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Mr. Albright, please contact the MCPD. Thank you.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All... Most... There...

bobsy26 gave us the first costume and it looks like bobsy26 gets to post the final costume.
    Seems fitting. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Ugh. Sorry this is so late. I came down with something disgusting over the week and am only now managing to kick it, so I missed my normal Wednesday deadline. Anyway, here it is. Hope you like it:

Wednesday 17th December 2014
    Asset #9

Asset9.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Asset9_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_472336951.jpg

(Requires: Urban Anime set (chest wear), Robotic Pharaoh arms)

Basically a small play-around with the new set as well as a long over-due mashup of Apple aesthetics and robot limbs.

===

The future of cybernetics has finally arrived. PHICORP has spent the last decade working closely with leading medical engineers at the top of their field to create the world's first true user-friendly cybernetic prosthetic limbs and organs at a price that you can afford. These revolutionary prosthetics flawlessly interpret signals direct from your nervous system wityh no system lag. You will almost forget that your old limb was gone! Regain your confidence, your vitality, your lifestyle today, and help put physical disability in the past. Speak to your doctor for details.
    (Model shows PHICORP arm prosthetic and advanced ocular implants, now available!)
    - Phicorp Prosthetics advertisement

===

Derek, what the hell are you playing at having Asset #9 pose for marketing materials? The tattoos! The hair! That weird jacket thing! She was never our most promising test subject but the implantation process did something to her. Did you not see the report? She scratched graffiti into every corner of her cell - weird stuff, almost alien-looking. And to top it off, she's the asset with the most unexplained absences - whole hours where she was missing from campus! If this were to get out, we'd be shut down in an instant!
    - internal memo from Phicorp Prosthetics Chairman Rick Wallace
    edited December 2014
    Greetings!

Well what do you know, another year is almost over and Christmas is less than a week away. So, in the time-honored yearly tradition, I present to you a holiday-themed costume... with a twist. Normal? Why should I be normal when I can be...... me? *Ahem* Yes, well...

This costume's story was first told at the dawn of civilization, when the ancient legend was born and fantasy became reality, one in which.... aaahhh, who am I kidding. The costume is based off of a quote from a movie. Yep, there, I said it. A quote. A single, simple quote from a movie released in 1991.

"Water's wet, the sky is blue......and old Satan Claus, Jimmy, he's out there, and he's just getting stronger."

So here he is, my very own Satan Claws...

Satan Claws
    SatanClaws.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_SatanClaws_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_472355496.jpg

I know, I know, I'm probably going to Hell for that one, but at least I'll have Satan Claws to keep me company....
    Note to self: Stop talking now.

P.S. Bonus (non)points if you can name the movie.
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The one with Bill Goldberg in it :P?
    edited December 2014
    December 20 - Larrus Anvilmash

9V7V7w1.png

"Yeh, Ogre Larrus is smith, much like father before Larrus, and the father before father of Larrus, and goes so on."

Costume File

• lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey folks! Im back after a long break of 3 months, computer problems are fixed. anyway lets get right back into it.. made some cossies as soon as i came back.

Here are some variations of a costume i've adopted.. starting with a being that can adapt to elements around him, as a result his suit changes to match the element. More to come soon.
    Aquada Prime

screenshot_2014-12-20-18-58-07.jpg

Costume File

Embron Prime

screenshot_2014-12-20-18-59-10.jpg

Costume file

Serenity Prime

screenshot_2014-12-20-18-59-21.jpg

Costume File
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited December 2014
    Wednesday 24th December 2014
    Lady of the Forest

LadyoftheForest.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_LadyoftheForest_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_472736821.jpg
    (Requires: Reindeer antlers gold unlock, Arabian Nights set (chest wear), Dryad set (skirt), Roin'esh set (shoulders), Ancient armour set (helmet), Steel Shadow set (belt))

Goal 1: make creepy nature god/goddess with massive antlers.
    Goal 2: make something with dangly ribbons everywhere.

Yay me.
    edited December 2014
    Good to see you back, lilsteffie. :smile:

Merry Christmas everyone! :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Happy Friday!

Well, here we are, the end of the year and my final Friday, final costume. Wow, this year went fast, I can't believe I've been making costumes since January. Where did the time go?

Anyhow, it's been a lot of fun in the making and seeing what other people have made. It's also been kinda tough coming up with something I haven't done before, especially towards the end. I'd like to thing I did fairly well. Hey, I made 'em, I just didn't always make 'em nice.

Yes, right, on to the purpose of this post. I may have used this one once before, somewhere that I can't seem to remember, but I've decided to let him finish things up for me here. He is probably the world's only NON super-powered superhero. His special ability is that he helps to stimulate the economy by taking vacations domestically and spending money on frivolous and unnecessary stuff. He's a tourist and he knows it, so he dresses the part. After this, everyone will know him, too. They will point at him and say "Hey, look... there's Bob the Tourist!"

Bob the Tourist
    BobtheTourist.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_BobtheTourist_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_440356232.jpg

Yeah, kinda underwhelming, isn't it? What, you were expecting my best work? Sorry, I don't have that kind of time, I have other projects to work on.:tongue:

Oh well, Merry Christmas to you all and have a safe and Happy New Year, see you again soon. Now if y'all would excuse me... I'm on vacation.:wink:

P.S. I learned something new today. Smilies count toward the 4 image limit. Who knew? (not me)
    edited December 2014
    DECEMBER 27 - LUMOS

WGOXXIQ.png

Fear not, for I, Lumos, guardian of light, and angel of justice, shall methodically and patiently redeem all that humankind must account for, for the better future of their children, and the eternal grace that they shall persist in after their souls have expired. Right after I FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEE THROUGH THIS MASK ARRGH

The final Costume File

edited December 2014
    Also the angel of English football hooliganry?
    edited December 2014
    Happy New Year!

It's the 31st December, the costume a day thread is nearly over, and it falls to me to post the last costume of 2014. I wanted to do something special to see the year out, and racked my brains for ideas. In the end, this is what I came up with: fifteen costumes, each based on an NPC from what one of my favourite RPGs of all time, and coming up to its 15th anniversary in 2015 - Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

So yeah. Quite a haul, I know. And because of the image restrictions, this has to be split over several posts. Sorry, bear with me. Oh, and I know I normally list which sets and unlocks are needed for my costumes, but with 15 of the things it's just too much to do. So here's the main offenders:

Archer set - almost every costume has SOMETHING from this set, usually the trousers.
    Shining Knight set - for the armoured characters
    Dark Ages set - bits and pieces here and there. I'd been meaning to get more use of of it all year, and with one day to go I finally made it.

So, onto the costumes!

Wednesday 31st December 2014
    The Baldur's Gate 2 collection (1/5)

BG2JaheiraNaliaViconia.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_BG2Jaheira_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473351641.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Nalia_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473352736.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Viconia_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453130967.jpg

Ah, these guys. I'll admit to taking Jaheira's haircut from BG1, simply because I think she looked way better there. In fact, Jaheira's costume was the cause of as much headache as the other 14 combined. In the end I found some fan concept art that was a great inspiration.

Nalia was surprisingly easy to get. She's the daughter of a noble family slumming around to try and help the needy, so has this neat little mix of simple but expensive clothing. And the blue blouse / brown skirt was nice and simple to copy.

Viconia... aw, everyone loves Viconia. Well, players love her. In game she's usually followed around by an angry mob. She's the Veronica to Aerie and Jaheira's Betty, dark, moody, dangerous... kind of a cow... aw, but you can't help but love her.
    edited December 2014
    The Baldur's Gate 2 Collection (2/5)

BG2ValygarKorganHaerdalis.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_BG2Valygar_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453129616.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Korgan_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473358838.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2HaerDalis_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453645120.jpg

Valygar would be every female PC's bae, if only he'd had a romance subplot written. Ah well. He's still pretty much the ultra hotness, except in his dress sense. Like Nalia, he's of noble stock, but unlike her he's hiding up in the woods being all moody and brooding. A good use for the chest piece here, not something I'd thought about before.

Korgan was a pain in the arse to get right, so I ended up putting leather armour over chainmail, which is a weird thing to do, but it just about works out. Plus he has blue hair, so there's that. In game, he's also a pain in the arse.

And then there's Haer'dalis. He's part demon, part swordsman, part shakespearean actor, all sexpot. Uh... ahem. Again, the lack of a romance subplot here is utterly criminal. In the end he just flirts with everyone BUT the PC. Boo!
    edited December 2014
    The Baldur's Gate 2 Collection (3/5)

BG2AerieMazzyImoen.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_BG2Aerie_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473357008.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Mazzy_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453138587.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Imoen_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453128679.jpg

Cuties! I wub wub wub these three. Aerie's hair isn't anywhere near right, simply because there's no way of getting it in CO. It's supposed to be all tousled and tangled up with ribbons and string and bits and pieces everywhere... but there's nothing close on offer, so I had to compromise. On the other hand, isn't that dress cute? Yes it is.

Mazzy's hair is also a slight compromise. She had ginger dreadlocks in BG2 as well, but they were way, way shorter. She's a halfling (hobbit) so I struggled with the proportions... hope I got them about right.

And Imoen. Aw, Imoen. Pretty simple costume, but with a few neat touches here and there. She's left kinda broken in BG2, so I actually cut out her signature pink from all her real clothes, and just left it on the loose cloth and the pouch (as well as her hair, natch). In the case of the cloak, it's pink on the outside, black on the inside. METAPHOR.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just posting to say I'd like to be in on the 2015 challenge, if you guys do one. I've loved watching this thread, and I'd like to try my hand at it.
    edited December 2014
    The Baldur's Gate 2 Collection (4/5)

BG2KeldornJanAnomen.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_BG2Keldorn_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453127410.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Jan_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473350142.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2_Anomen_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_458660035.jpg

Keldorn was one of the first BG2 costumes I made, and I really like the colour scheme of golden ceremonial armour and mauve cape to give it some variation. It's a shame I wasn't able to add more cloth on there, but them's the breaks. In game Keldorn's a veteran paladin, so tied up in his duty as a knight he's kinda forgot to check in on his family... for about 20 years.

Jan Jansen's a gnomish inventor. Yeah, I know, kind of a cliche now, but in 2000 it still seemed new and interesting. I resisted the urge to cover him in tech parts, but he's got his signature eyepiece strapped on. The haircut's a little too tidy, but it's the best I could get.

Anomen belongs to the same knightly order as Keldorn, although he's kind of a dickhead. It meant that his armour was deliberately similar to Keldorn's albeit coloured differently. I don't normally do metal this white, but it helped show up the contrast with the red details. In BG2, whether Anomen gives into his dickishness or overcomes it is central to his arc. He's a great example of the D&D alignment spectrum done right, as he shows up what lawful neutral can do if left unattended.
    edited December 2014
    The Baldur's Gate 2 Collection (5/5)

BG2EdwinMinscYoshimo.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_BG2Edwin_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473355507.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Minsc_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_473358052.jpgCostume_Bobsy_BG2Yoshimo_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453644160.jpg

Edwin was a hell of a lot of fun to make, after the browns and greys of Jaheira, Korgan and the like. He's a Red Wizard of Thay, an absolute crazy arsehole, and one of the funniest characters in the game, always muttering and plotting against his comrades... entirely unaware that everyone can hear everything he says. In terms of costume, he's an easy sell. He likes rich things, fancy things, and everything in red and gold.

MINSC! If there's no room in your heart for Minsc, then sorry, we can't be friends. He's a loveable barbarian with potent brain damage, accompanied into battle by Boo, the miniature giant space hamster. Yes, really. Here, the challenge was to get a balance between hefty armour and showing off his massive arms. ACHIEVED. (the head tattoo isn't right, of course. A real shame, but it'll have to suffice)

And finally Yoshimo, the friendly ninja who you meet in the dungeon of your mortal enemy and is totally trustworthy and honest. This guy will be your pal until the day you die! He's just so nice! (not pictured: cheesy grin)

====

Phew. And that's that. Hope you enjoyed the costume-a-thon! It's been a great little journey, and a lot of fun to be a part of. I'm going to let someone else (probably ZedBrightlander) start next year's thread, because I thoroughly proved I can't be trusted with organising and archiving the thread properly. But I'd still like to be a part of it if it runs next year.

See you in 2015 everyone!
    edited December 2014
    Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFzWbbNO_Ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHVorp-VY90

What a great way to end the year, bobsy. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Way to go out on a BANG bobsy!
    Great costumes, but I think I like Korgan and Mazzy best.
    AC
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    An impressive display of costumery and resiliency! Nicely done everybody!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

BTW - If you are just finding this thread and/or you feel like you missed an opportunity to submit a few great costumes, have no fear. Anyone can post to Champions Costume Exchange any day, month or year.

I might even post one or two over there myself, just not one every week ( or even every single month ). :wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2015
    If you guys are still in need of a constant new costume fix, try -

Bobsy's Weekly Costume Shop
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Bumping this as a heads up. The forum change has broken links to this thread. Noting this since zedbrightlander1 had been making lists and this is a good thread overall.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    Yes. It was a grand experiment, zamuelpwe. Everyone who participated should be proud of themselves. :)

Don't forget to bookmark it should it go into hiding again. ;)
    ZedBlock-200.jpg