What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Cloaked Ascendancy Issues

Comments

• Options
    elindronelindron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Dear Support,
    I made the three "investigate" task in the River District campaign and the "confront Nostura" task, and all quest about this tasks, but now I don't get portal stone to Nostura. If I do "Resist the ritual" I can choose from Kabal's and Gyrion's dungeon, but not Nostura's.
    I hope you can help: Elindron
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Traveling merchant seems to still be bugged. Please fix this. Thanks! I have 10k abandoned treasures to use. :)
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    karranor said:

Traveling merchant seems to still be bugged. Please fix this. Thanks! I have 10k abandoned treasures to use. :)

Have you done TWO campaign tasks in the merchant line? The bug is that the campaign says you only need to do the first one, but you need to do two to unlock the merchant.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    moraphmoraph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    yet another digsite is bugged out and permanently locked me out, playing since servers came back online no af have dropped.
  • Options
    moraphmoraph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yay, now all my toons are locked out of the same digsites my cw is. This is awesome or maybe we should nominate perfect world for bankruptcy.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    moraph said:

Yay, now all my toons are locked out of the same digsites my cw is. This is awesome or maybe we should nominate perfect world for bankruptcy.

Work around is to party with someone that isn't bugged from that site and once you complete it, it will unbug for that toon.
  • Options
    The Rusted Strongbox quest reward was patched, but the Riverside Rumble quest can grant some other type of box which still auto-opened.

Reclaimed resources were made to stack higher, but the boxes with portal stones were not, and the other boxes don't stack at all. I can live with opening the other boxes immediately on the assumption of most resources being plentiful enough I should never feel shorted, but the portal stones are contentious to me. Don't be telling me I am obligated to go farm a specific thing to get items out of my inventory when a lot of the time I'm too hamstering tired for that hamster. And I shouldn't have to be offloading items to mules in order to keep characters playable.

And the fix to the Volcanic and/or Lava Ghaleb Dhurs removed the companion I had sitting on the claim agent, so thanks for that. I expect the wrangling with CS over it to be painful.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    gothmoggedgothmogged Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Has anyone seen the Aura of Despair boon trigger? Ever? I ran around slaughtering mobs in the River district with the combat log up in tab. Never saw anything in the log. No notifications on screen. No visible stun effects. As far as I can tell they resolved everyone's concerns about it stacking by making it entirely ineffective.
  • Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Q abilities bugged. Can't activate in jump spell in Gyrions portal, sprint in Nosturas, or jump in Spellplague. Also as I am GWF, shows mighty leap not working at same time.
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Q abilities bugged. Can't activate in jump spell in Gyrions portal, sprint in Nosturas, or jump in Spellplague. Also as I am GWF, shows mighty leap not working at same time.

This is usually fixed by resetting your keybinds to default, try that a couple of times.
    thank you, worked
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Has anyone seen the Aura of Despair boon trigger? Ever? I ran around slaughtering mobs in the River district with the combat log up in tab. Never saw anything in the log. No notifications on screen. No visible stun effects. As far as I can tell they resolved everyone's concerns about it stacking by making it entirely ineffective.

If i recall it correctly, you can see some small "stars" flying around their heads. Think there is some CD involved too and i think CC immune mobs aren't affected, sadly :( Would like to know the AP % gain on the other boon, might be more useful.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    the boss fight in the revisit to Cathedral of Madness
    needs looking at... at least make the boss as hard as the mobs you need to fight to get to him.

after the 1st of my 8 chars to fight him tried ,I just let my companion kill him and they do it with 1 shot
    ___
    some of the NPC's when they join you on quests are pretty useless but Neverember is very useless lol

at least give him a bigger sword and make him look like he is trying to fight something or it won't be just the Nashers that hate him.
    ;)

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options

the boss fight in the revisit to Cathedral of Madness
    needs looking at... at least make the boss as hard as the mobs you need to fight to get to him.

after the 1st of my 8 chars to fight him tried ,I just let my companion kill him and they do it with 1 shot
    ___
    some of the NPC's when they join you on quests are pretty useless but Neverember is very useless lol

at least give him a bigger sword and make him look like he is trying to fight something or it won't be just the Nashers that hate him.
    ;)

It's meant to be a joke.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A dev confirmed that the cathedral boss is supposed to be a pushover, a joke as Becky said. Neverember is a noble/statesman and not a warrior.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Following additional issues in River's Edge

1. Stencil Quest - Hidden Cache - Loot the Hidden Cache - I can interact with the buried chest "Press F to uncover cache" but once it is on the surface I can't interact with it to open it. Map location 1302,-895. Have done this quest a number of times and this is the first time I have seen this.
    2. Once you accept the Trial of Iron and Fire via portal stone the diamond that shows the location on the map says "Disrupt Gryion's Ritual" if you hover over it, in the list on the right side it does say Trial of Iron and Fire.
    3. Pathing is pretty broken in the map, for some reason the AI seems to think that traveling all the way to the bottom of the Far Realm area and then cross over the map boundaries to the Ember area is the proper routing method. Obviously that doesn't work too well.
    4. No indication is provided to the player when Resist the Ritual or Secure the District completion requirements are done.
    5. On completing Resist the Ritual I get an error message that says "You do not meet the requirements for this item." It looks like I do get the three chests however.
  • Options
    nizzde9nizzde9 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Defeating Nostura main quest is bugged
    Investigate Nostura's Past Finish
    Complete Twisted Fey Quest Finish few times but in main quest Defeating Nostura still said it was not completed

thx
  • Options
    nizzde9 said:

Defeating Nostura main quest is bugged
    Investigate Nostura's Past Finish
    Complete Twisted Fey Quest Finish few times but in main quest Defeating Nostura still said it was not completed

thx

Have you accompanied Archdruid Morningdawn to the Lynching Tree?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    asterysmasterysm Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Finally unlocked Chapter 5 of the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign, and was playing through it. Unfortunately, as the boss entered second phase (Yellow HP bar, Immunity, Mirror image), the boss became stuck. I defeated the mirror image which was meant to disable the immunity, but the immunity remained, and the boss appeared to be stuck in the outer wall, unmoving. As such, I was softlocked into the boss fight.
    Using Defeat Me to reset the fight worked, and allowed me to progress in the chapter. However, it did marr a chapter I was otherwise very much enjoying.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It's the same issue that the boss of the Chasm lair, Plaguefire Ruins has - teleports around and gets stuck in the terrain. The lair boss can be fixed by moving out of its LOS, but Gyrion's arena isn't shaped like that. If you move to the far side, combat ends. I was able to do some small damage to him with Icy Terrain but eventually he teleported into the middle of the arena and I was able to progress. The bug didn't occur with my DC the next day.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    I keep blasting enemies away from me (DC using Sun Burst, not caring a whit for the haters) and they get stuck in the walls. Happens every two or three excavation site runs. They become untargetable, but if I run away they will sometimes follow me so I can kill 'em. Same thing happens with treasures: I've had several launch from dead foes right thru walls or up onto ledges that I can't reach.
  • Options
    eltacogrande#4535 eltacogrande Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I now have 3 broken (can't buy maps to go in option is not clickable) dig sites N'halien , Shoce, Tamper , have tried multiple force verifies , tried partying with someone today but couldn't follow them in to the dungeon/crypt/w/e , swapped instance and all with 0 result. I did some searching and this is not something new and was reported some time ago , I am just wondering if some fix is on the way.
  • Options
    eltacogrande#4535 eltacogrande Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Logged in today started my daily and now i have a 4th broken dig site, this is becoming down right irritating. ANY OFFICIAL RESPONSE TO THIS ?
  • Options
    junglegirl777junglegirl777 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    elindron said:

Dear Support,
    I made the three "investigate" task in the River District campaign and the "confront Nostura" task, and all quest about this tasks, but now I don't get portal stone to Nostura. If I do "Resist the ritual" I can choose from Kabal's and Gyrion's dungeon, but not Nostura's.
    I hope you can help: Elindron

This. Except I've only investigated Gyrion and completely finished the Nostura tasks to the boon. Ticket submitted, but it can't hurt to say it here. I have stacks of the boxes that will only let me choose the Abolethic Portal Stone, which I neither need nor want.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

This. Except I've only investigated Gyrion and completely finished the Nostura tasks to the boon. Ticket submitted, but it can't hurt to say it here. I have stacks of the boxes that will only let me choose the Abolethic Portal Stone, which I neither need nor want.

Do you have any unfinished quests related to Nostura? "Twisted Fey", by any chance ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    It's been a month now since people have pointed out how the tasks at the top of the RD campaign window quite simply rob players of their time invested into the new content. Grinding is boring as hell, so I'd at least expect for it to amount to something. Every point above 100 that's being deleted is time that's we're not getting back.

If players who could get more items from double looting was such a big issue that it required immediate attention, surely the game preventing players from geting their due rewards should be fixed in a timely fashion, no?

I'd settle for a bar on my screen showing how much has been invested. Something akin to the treasure ship progress.
  • Options
    adinosii said:

Do you have any unfinished quests related to Nostura? "Twisted Fey", by any chance ?
    I will double check my quest tracker...I wish there was a way to 'search' quests. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that one branch would require you to finish all the quests whereas another requires only Investigation in order to drop the stones..but it's worth a shot.
  • Options

adinosii said:

I will double check my quest tracker...I wish there was a way to 'search' quests. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that one branch would require you to finish all the quests whereas another requires only Investigation in order to drop the stones..but it's worth a shot.
    Thank you, adinosii for that suggestion. It's the first time I've heard that mentioned because indeed there was a quest that had been buried. It should also be noted that there is no indication in the quest itself as to where one should go, no map indicates that it is the location of the "Investigate Nostura" portion, I had to guess that the Archdruid in PE was my contact. Since she always has a marker on her for all those stupid seed quests, I didn't think anything of it. It might be helpful to update the quest description....or possibly rename it since I assumed when I completed the campaign portion of "Investigate Nostura" that I had actually completed that damn quest. They say the same thing, it's not much of a stretch to assume so. It remains to be seen if completing this quest will grant me portal stones. Once again, makes little sense that while the Gyrion questline also remains unfinished that I am granted those stones.
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I picked up the main hand and off hand weapons yesterday and jacked them up to legendary. then went on a killing spree in 3 different zones plus SH not one bad guy has exploded yet. at this time I don't think life steal or eminent death are working. I know I worked long and hard to get this weapon just to see something blow up. lol. As far as I can tell the base damage is working very well.