test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    LOL - what do you want to bet it's because SOMEONE at Cryptic forgot or got confused as to what MONTH it actually was when they posted that Blog announcement? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,802 Community Moderator
    spambot removed, carry on
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Well,the reddit thread itself not actually from the devs, but the screenshots are from the livestream of today (12/01) and this thread is so inactive right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/r6u8rq/the_next_infinity_lockbox_ship_is_the_saturn/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/r6um9h/saturn_class_console_trait_and_boff_seating/

So the next infinity lockbox ship is the toothy hula hoop Saturn-class, as an Intel Sci Spearhead.
    The Angelou-class (the rainforest one) and the Eisenberg-class are so gonna be the very last ones they'll release, despite being those players want.

EDIT: *spit take* MOTHER OF... a 32c. ship as an event grand prize.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/r6uub2/winter_event_ship_eisenberg_star_cruiser/
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm glad they wanted to make the Eisenberg free (you can still 'buy' it early, but if you had no money you can still earn it).

They were saying they'd like to make it available (maybe allow it to be available through the Event UI even if other ship events come and go?) even after the upcoming Winter Event some time down the road.

:smiley:
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,758 Arc User
    It looks like it is a good generalist ship, appropriate for all departments. Visually it not bad as far as the DSC 31st century ships go, it is one of the more reasonable looking ones which is also a good thing.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    It looks like it is a good generalist ship, appropriate for all departments. Visually it not bad as far as the DSC 31st century ships go, it is one of the more reasonable looking ones which is also a good thing.

I hated the ship's design when I first saw it. Then I saw what the rest of DSC Season 3's lineup looked like, and suddenly the Eisenberg didn't look so bad by comparison. I guess I can thank the Courage and "United Earth Defense Vessel" for putting things in perspective.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'm glad they wanted to make the Eisenberg free (you can still 'buy' it early, but if you had no money you can still earn it).

They were saying they'd like to make it available (maybe allow it to be available through the Event UI even if other ship events come and go?) even after the upcoming Winter Event some time down the road.

:smiley:
    They could do like they did with the T6 Risian Corvette and add a full spec version of the Eisenberg to the fleet shipyard. People who earn it during the event get the usual fleet module discount, and it would still be a free ship if you factor in the free FMs you can get from T6 reps.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,501 Arc User
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,802 Community Moderator
    spambot nuked. carry on
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    foxman00 wrote: »

So we are going to get our bridge cake and eat it too? 🎂
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,758 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    jcsww wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »

Have to admit, that was pretty hilarious! :D

I'm pretty sure there are uglier ships than that actually in the game. :P

I would much rather have the Pathyeager in the game than some of the DSC s3 and s4 ships (now those are UGLY) :lol:

Seriously though, I have wanted a DS9 style Yeager for a while, with its freighter secondary hull (yes, the show used the same model for the freighter as it did for everything from a single-seat fighter-shuttle with a bubble canopy seen in one brief background shot, the larger Perigrine fighter-corvette, the Maquis raider, and that only seen in a flash freighter and whatever else) it is a good allegory to the civilian freighter-hulled warships that were built in WWII when they needed ships fast.

I really wouldn't mind if the Pathyeager was fitted out as a real T6 ship as the prize for a short (not campaign) event (it would be a good one for a real event starting April first) or was made a cstore ship.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    Funnily enough, the Yeager works far better with the Pathfinder saucer than the Intrepid.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Have to admit, that was pretty hilarious! :D

I'm pretty sure there are uglier ships than that actually in the game. :P

I would much rather have the Pathyeager in the game than some of the DSC s3 and s4 ships (now those are UGLY) :lol:

Seriously though, I have wanted a DS9 style Yeager for a while, with its freighter secondary hull (yes, the show used the same model for the freighter as it did for everything from a single-seat fighter-shuttle with a bubble canopy seen in one brief background shot, the larger Perigrine fighter-corvette, the Maquis raider, and that only seen in a flash freighter and whatever else) it is a good allegory to the civilian freighter-hulled warships that were built in WWII when they needed ships fast.

I really wouldn't mind if the Pathyeager was fitted out as a real T6 ship as the prize for a short (not campaign) event (it would be a good one for a real event starting April first) or was made a cstore ship.

You havent seen the new Vulcan ship then!!... thats the ONLY ship i want!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2021
    Alright I saw Al Rivera https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko who is the Star Trek Online Designer Director. He post this the first week of December, and know it's a video someone put together last year; so also wanted to share this with you all, as it's quite cute!

Maybe someday we'll also get Q in Star Trek Online. I've always wanted to do a mission where Q teases, or humor's us in the way he often did with Picard! Those are my own hopes though, nothing is indicated by anyone at STO however... ...still good to get everyone in the Spirit, and at least we all get to visit's Q's Winter Wonderland over the Holidays!

Still no idea what this refers, a few weeks to learn or hear more; I'm sure it will be very good, regardless!
    Hbr0Fm3.png

So hope everyone is making the best of the Holidays, do your part to keep yourself, and those you care for safe as well. <3

lSpY1v0.png
    https://youtu.be/3KvWwJ6sh5s
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzE_-uBLXxXChTf9GydYIbA
    ╘ he's also made 3 others, from all Star Trek series he's enjoyed; and lovely nice editing at end!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Alright I saw Al Rivera https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko who is the Star Trek Online Designer Director. He post this the first week of December, and know it's a video someone put together last year; so also wanted to share this with you all, as it's quite cute!

Maybe someday we'll also get Q in Star Trek Online. I've always wanted to do a mission where Q teases, or humor's us in the way he often did with Picard! Those are my own hopes though, nothing is indicated by anyone at STO however... ...still good to get everyone in the Spirit, and at least we all get to visit's Q's Winter Wonderland over the Holidays!

Still no idea what this refers, a few weeks to learn or hear more; I'm sure it will be very good, regardless!
    Hbr0Fm3.png

So hope everyone is making the best of the Holidays, do your part to keep yourself, and those you care for safe as well. <3

lSpY1v0.png
    https://youtu.be/3KvWwJ6sh5s
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzE_-uBLXxXChTf9GydYIbA
    ╘ he's also made 3 others, from all Star Trek series he's enjoyed; and lovely nice editing at end!

Now we need a kirk and tekai version. Or a kirk and spock version. Or a kirk, tekai, and spock version... I think given it was started in the 60's you could just do the whole darn cast. It could end in, "he's dead jim!"
    edited December 2021
    aftulus wrote: »
    Now we need a kirk and tekai version. Or a kirk and spock version. Or a kirk, tekai, and spock version... I think given it was started in the 60's you could just do the whole darn cast. It could end in, "he's dead jim!"

IDK - As far as TOS, this one (the same person the other poster mentioned did it too), works for me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy6mtBjQmW0&amp;ab_channel=JohnC.Worsley
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited December 2021
    Very nice addition, I really enjoyed his video's. He does great work, and puts his heart into it. <3

I'm looking forward to mid to late January, when we learn what's coming for 12th Anniversary as well. o:)
    Hbr0Fm3.png

Be SAFE as you can, over the Holidays everyone!
    0zxlclk.png
    Very nice addition, I really enjoyed his video's. He does great work, and puts his heart into it. <3

I'm looking forward to mid to late January, when we learn what's coming for 12th Anniversary as well. o:)
    Hbr0Fm3.png

Be SAFE as you can, over the Holidays everyone!

I have the feeling its a mirror bundle... a Legendary 12th Aniversarry Mirror Bundle.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I have the feeling its a mirror bundle... a Legendary 12th Aniversarry Mirror Bundle.

I have a feeling you are probably right. Considering the fact that:

A: They put all that effort into remastering the Mirror ships
    B: Some of those models have slight variations on their 'Prime' versions
    and
    C: The current story-arc is MU themed

It's almost a given that they'll monetize those ships.

Hbr0Fm3.png
    Yeah, sorry, but it's a little too soon to try and get the hype train to leave the station.

Just over a month away isn't too soon, at least in my opinion. I just hope it's good. What normally excites Geko, is a boring and repetitive grind. :P
    edited January 2022
    I'd certainly like a more affordable 12th Anniversary Bundle, which if it's mirror based it might just be. While I perhaps hope they offer a Starter Bundle for the 10th, 11th, and 12th, that includes perhaps 2 ships for a higher entry point slightly; to encourage more to later upgrade to the full Pack.

Still don't know if that's what they'd consider, be a great way (opportunity) to see a few more experience the Legendary Ships of some series.
    0zxlclk.png
    If it's indeed a mirror bundle, and they price it lower than normal bundles, it will be a hit, and i will buy it, i like those varians.. kinda like a 75% or 60% limited offer discount, and it would be a best seller...
    edited January 2022
    gaevsman wrote: »
    If it's indeed a mirror bundle, and they price it lower than normal bundles, it will be a hit, and i will buy it, i like those varians.. kinda like a 75% or 60% limited offer discount, and it would be a best seller...

Well they usually only offer 50% off the new Legendary, still it's likely true a 12th Legendary Mirror Bundle it likely be more affordable perhaps like the Dreadnaught.

I can't say if they would ever do Legendary Starter Bundles... :o
    0zxlclk.png
    Just over a month away isn't too soon, at least in my opinion. I just hope it's good. What normally excites Geko, is a boring and repetitive grind. :P
    QFT - Geko's also a very passive/aggressive STO Dev; and sometimes I wonder if he knows other MMOs exist because some of his decisions come across as - "The players will just suck it up and play it...what other choice do they have?"
    edited January 2022
    *sigh*

Go easy on the Romulan Ale. ;)
    0zxlclk.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    QFT - Geko's also a very passive/aggressive STO Dev; and sometimes I wonder if he knows other MMOs exist because some of his decisions come across as - "The players will just suck it up and play it...what other choice do they have?"

I think it's more of, if they offer a decent enough reward, they think we will play whatever it no matter how bad the content and grind is.
    I was expecting the Eisenberg-Class ship was going to be the 2022 Anniversary Ship, but then again, the Breen and Fel'kri ships topped out already, while possible Alliance Ship (combination of different faction ships) designs still have a lot of possibilities. So while the Winter Event ship offerings seems to be on hiatus, that was the best event to put it into our hands.
    edited January 2022
    I admit being surprised seeing the Eisenberg Ship for Winter, as they have on 1-2 occasions released a Fed Ship before, yet both were Anniversary. It was however the Odyssey suggested by a Fan Art Contest, and later the first Solanae Ship in the T5 only version. Later they introduced both as T5U upgradeable from the CSTORE.

I be alright with a few more Ferengi Ships for Summer, as they had done once before. Though that was a few years ago, and now seem to be back to Risian Ships to include more T6. I like the Alliance theme though for Anniversary, and excited by the idea of a Fed/Rom Ship possibly coming. It also still they likely have a lot of possibilities to explore, and test their creative sides far more there.

Still I have far more trust in Geko, so I'm sure whatever is planned will be nice. And having to go to 3 different places to find Omega Molecules isn't a long grind, neither is winter it takes but a few minutes each day. Also each event also gives several options to pursue, depending on Event so 'mix-it-up' or consider the buyout option, once you've earned a discount your happy with.

▬♫♪♫♪♪▬▬▬♫♪▬▬▬▬♪▬▬▬♫♪♫♪♪▬▬▬♫♪▬▬▬▬♪▬▬▬♫♪♫♪♪▬▬▬♫♪▬▬▬▬♪▬▬
    Today's update:
    0zxlclk.png