test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 2,315 Arc User

CM - would you mind posting in the forums for us?
    meh

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 3,829 Arc User
    edited June 2
    And assuming it is fixed on Tribble, there is no guarantee it'll be on Holodeck once the patch goes through. After all, it's apparently considered normal that some bug fixes in Tribble don't get fixed on Holodeck.
    And according to replies to the tweet, it's not even fixed anyway.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,806 Arc User
    I'm assuming the new Federation interiors is part of the upcoming Mirror Universe storyarc. It's probably designed to change the theme (i.e. Prime Starfleet/Mirror Universe Terran Empire/MU Empress Leeta/Killie).

The new T6 ships (i.e. Steamrunner, Oberth, rest of those that have yet to get the T6 upgrade which may yet be in the pipeline) will probably be part of the MU storyarc release with MU Textures/tweaks.

But I'm just a plain and simple player, it's just a feeling I have.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 4,709 Arc User
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User

I bet it's the Halloween event they've been talking about doing for years.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 3,117 Arc User
    edited June 5

If it is the Halloween event, it would be nice if they could tie Spectres and AoY into it. Spectres was one of the tensest and creepiest episodes the game has and it is a shame that it was relegated to the level 65 ragbag instead of having the graphics brushed up and put back into place.

And since AoY seems to be probably taking a position in autumn or late fall and Spectres has the most TOS content of any arc in the main part of the game the two would naturally go together even though they were not originally created together.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,166 Bug Hunter
    edited June 12

If it is the Halloween event, it would be nice if they could tie Spectres and AoY into it. Spectres was one of the tensest and creepiest episodes the game has and it is a shame that it was relegated to the level 65 ragbag instead of having the graphics brushed up and put back into place.

And since AoY seems to be probably taking a position in autumn or late fall and Spectres has the most TOS content of any arc in the main part of the game the two would naturally go together even though they were not originally created together.

Yes I agree, Spectres had a very scary. sly, or nasty feeling to it as well. I did like the Vulcan (clone) mission that appears on Friday the 13th weekends, still I'd love that to tie to Spectres in some unusual way as well. Still using Spectres for an Event be nice to see that cleaned up or enhanced, though they may tie it to something else as well?

As for next ARC...

One thing I'd always have loved to see in a next big ARC, is yes an ARC featuring Q, or if not the Entity himself, then one of the Continuum like Q Junior (his real life son) or even one of the other actors who portrayed a in at least one episode of Star Trek. Especially since we know Q himself is returning to Picard Season 2, yet also don't know what that will involve's except the Trial never Ends...

...at least for Picard, despite we've seen at least two members of the Continuum, take a particular interest in human's especially, and the real story is in the details we won't learn till 2022. First it was Quinn, though Q seemed to follow in his footsteps after being inspired by him originally. It even be nice to get Miss Q perhaps having had some of Quinn philosophy perhaps influence her. ;)

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Q_(species)

I know we've seen Janeway recently make a post about STO in recent months, I can only hope this might bring the two of them together again. Though I've also wondered what happened to Wil Wheaton's character, something that possibly involves the Traveler, or their society somehow, or some unique area of Research or Theory perhaps only Wesley understands...

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Assignment:_Attempt_to_Contact_The_Traveler

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Traveler

Either of those would be very interesting, possibly have a lot of surprises, or make for great story telling for sure! o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    7cKZOda.png

Or alternatively: "Investigate a derelict ship with a Spore Drive. High probability of an incident involving helical trauma for the whole crew."

NOPE

For those wondering what helical trauma is, you could check on Memory Alpha or the DSC episode Context is for Kings for details, but... I wouldn't recommend it after a nice meal.
    #TASforSTO

Or alternatively: "Investigate a derelict ship with a Spore Drive. High probability of an incident involving helical trauma for the whole crew."

NOPE

For those wondering what helical trauma is, you could check on Memory Alpha or the DSC episode Context is for Kings for details, but... I wouldn't recommend it after a nice meal.

It is most likely based on what supposedly happened to some of the USS Eldritch's crew in the Philadelphia Experiment myth with them sunk into bulkheads or twisted in knots and whatnot.
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 36,248 Arc User
    Well, what do you expect with a name like that...of course creepy TRIBBLE is going to happen.​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

blacklivesmatter.png

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

"Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited June 6

NOPE

It is most likely based on what supposedly happened to some of the USS Eldritch's crew in the Philadelphia Experiment myth with them sunk into bulkheads or twisted in knots and whatnot.
    Well, I checked and it was the USS EldridGE, but yeah the point stands.

Every time I see a name like that in fiction or even in real life, I can't help but imagine a poor chap doing their research and pointing that out in a sarcastic way during the naming "meeting".

"The Event Horizon? For a black-hole powered ship? Good luck getting it back not horrifically distorted."
    "The Icarus? For a plane? Unmanned, I hope."
    "A generational ship named the Roanoke? Let me tell you about a real-life Earth story."
    "The USS Titanic? OK, now, you're messing with us."
    "The Lovecraft? For a solo adventure at the sea? Ooooooh boy."
    "-Metal Gear? -Metal Gear. -You... don't know the video game? -Video game? -You know, about the nuclear robots... -Nuclear robots?"
    "You... called a new battery the Tunguska? Completely safe you say? We'll see about tha*BOOM*"
    "A new type of camo armor branded Tueymoa? Yeah, yeah, that sounds like a cool name... That's also the literal French pronunciation for "Kill me"."
    "The Rasputin for a tank you're boasting as indestructible?... OK, got me there."
    #TASforSTO
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,166 Bug Hunter
    edited June 7
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh look. Quality pass for another ship that really didn't need one:

Well I admit the Type 7A is an nice improvement on the Type 7, which was my favorite of all Federation Materials.

I'm glad Garagin made the list of Ships updated, hope this includes Yamatoe being similar to Andromedia.

Though it would be nice to see a earlier released T5/T6 Ship or two, added before the update in 2.5 months or so. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    7cKZOda.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 53,754 Community Moderator
    I honestly didn't like Hearts and Minds for Halloween. The Spectres arc and Tenebris in the Gamma arc were so much more fitting for Halloween than Hearts and Minds.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 53,754 Community Moderator
    NANI? We can pick different backgrounds now?
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 93 Arc User

Hope it is a revamp to Summer Event...but perhaps too late for that. I will take a revamp Winter Event or a new Battlezone perhaps.

Who the heck cares for Halloween...like having St Patricks day or Cinco de Mayo in STO :D
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yes, ESD, Qo'nos, New Romulus, Gamma Quadrant, a green screen, and a black screen, are selectable.

Green screen sounds interesting for screen shots
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Yes, ESD, Qo'nos, New Romulus, Gamma Quadrant, a green screen, and a black screen, are selectable.

Green screen sounds interesting for screen shots

Definitely :) You should be able to set the green as the "cut" color to make masks and inserts for inserting the ship in custom scenes.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,043 Arc User

oh thats just awesome^2
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,806 Arc User

Hope it is a revamp to Summer Event...but perhaps too late for that. I will take a revamp Winter Event or a new Battlezone perhaps.

Who the heck cares for Halloween...like having St Patricks day or Cinco de Mayo in STO :D

Revamp isn't the same as new. It's necessary for both the Summer and Winter Events, definitely, but that's not what he meant.

I care about Halloween, and there's been Halloween themed episodes in Star Trek, from TOS to current seasons. So, no it wouldn't be like St. Paddy's Day or Cinco de Mayo, thank you. October's around the corner, which gives them about four months to finish up whatever they may be working on.

If it's sort of an Easter Event, the Shore Leave planet would be the best place to have it, esp. with a certain Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland may be hopping around.

Revamp isn't the same as new. It's necessary for both the Summer and Winter Events, definitely, but that's not what he meant.

I care about Halloween, and there's been Halloween themed episodes in Star Trek, from TOS to current seasons. So, no it wouldn't be like St. Paddy's Day or Cinco de Mayo, thank you. October's around the corner, which gives them about four months to finish up whatever they may be working on.

If it's sort of an Easter Event, the Shore Leave planet would be the best place to have it, esp. with a certain Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland may be hopping around.

It would be nice if what they were working on was Spectres since it is not only great for Halloween, it is also a natural fit for AoY which should be coming out in that quarter from the rumors, but I doubt it is what they are working on.
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 9,659 Arc User
    edited June 12
    It would be nice if what they were working on was Spectres since it is not only great for Halloween, it is also a natural fit for AoY which should be coming out in that quarter from the rumors, but I doubt it is what they are working on.
    Spectres would need a pretty big revamp before they bring it back.
    -The Cardassian ship interior from the first mission would need to be redone.
    -They would probably redo all of the TOS era Drozana interiors using the AoY interior set
    -The level design of the interiors would also probably need a total do over(that upwards ramp from the computer room is awful to think about)

Out of the other "available" arcs
    -Wasteland is probably the best, and could just be re-added into the mission journal
    -2800 needs a redo of the first and last missions, with the new DS9 interior. The other missions are generally fine(though Operation Gamma could use a graphical refresh)
    -Cold War arc just needs a ground up revamp of pretty much everything
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    -They would probably redo all of the TOS era Drozana interiors using the AoY interior set
    -The level design of the interiors would also probably need a total do over(that upwards ramp from the computer room is awful to think about)

-Wasteland is probably the best, and could just be re-added into the mission journal
    -2800 needs a redo of the first and last missions, with the new DS9 interior. The other missions are generally fine(though Operation Gamma could use a graphical refresh)

I remember the devs said during Victory is Life they looked into redoing the 2800 series to account for the new DS9. Apparently it was a nightmare because of DS9 ground maps small size argoing one group of Jemmies turned them all aggressive around the map and the player would get swamped.

They would need to redo the number and placement of NPC groups. "Relatively" easy but still some work.
    kXx65VK.jpg
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 36,248 Arc User
    Why not just add trigger points that, when approached, beams in a group instead? Site-to-site transporting as a means of repelling boarders sure as hell doesn't get used often enough in the shows, might as well make use of it in STO....​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

blacklivesmatter.png

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

"Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    foxman00 wrote: »
    I remember the devs said during Victory is Life they looked into redoing the 2800 series to account for the new DS9. Apparently it was a nightmare because of DS9 ground maps small size argoing one group of Jemmies turned them all aggressive around the map and the player would get swamped.

They would need to redo the number and placement of NPC groups. "Relatively" easy but still some work.
    Yeah, the new DS9 really isn't built for combat, but the old DS9 is just so fugly. Its a noticeable sore point when doing Assault on Terok Nor also.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,621 Arc User

They're bringing back the equinox and turning it into a battle zone.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Do they even have a different Cardassian interior? Every time I have boarded one of their ships in the game (which wasn't often) they always had the same generic interior stage assets as Drozana and so much of the other stuff. I think the bridge in the True Way ship was rather unique though it used the same generic textures.

Anyway, Spectres could get by with minimal revamping. For one thing, a lot of it is in the dark anyway, and even the brightly lit parts are not anywhere near as bad as some of the older stuff still in the episode list. It could use some polish of course, just for eye candy purposes, but that is true of pretty much everything before ViL (the B'vat stuff was much, much worse for instance).

Personally, I don't mind the long spiraling ramp, it makes a certain amount of sense to build tension on the way down and it is supposed to be the same floorplan on the way up (they could have done better if they actually used the same map and put different textures and whatnot up instead of building the whole thing twice though) and the trap-the-patrol puzzle is nice (really all the puzzles in that one are good since they blend in instead of stick out like those arcade things they stick in most of the newer ones, even the annoying alcohol critic one).

The visual and structural differences between Drozana and K-13 are not really a problem, especially with DSC showing that the styles varied extremely widely from the sectors we see in TOS and the ones shown in DSC. It is actually rather realistic when you consider that the stations are usually built by local contractors (according to Encounter at Farpoint) and they tend to use some of their native esthetics were it does not conflict with functionality.

The things that need a visual makeover the most would be the visual glitch that sometimes happens between blue-light periods and the McCoy section where still sometimes he just walks out and the scenario stops progressing (it is nowhere near as bad as it was before they fixed it that last time though).

I never saw the point of putting Wasteland in "available" either, not only do people have to go there frequently for endeavors, it is also the only place you can get a purple torpedo cooldown reducing doff so it is always rather busy.

The other two are pretty bad though.
    Do they even have a different Cardassian interior?
    Not that I am aware, but the one they use in Spectres is just awful looking, and obviously very early STO level design.

The Cardassian ship interiors from that one Romulan faction missions are a lot better.