What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

πŸ“’ The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread πŸ“’

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2021
    I'd just like to see more of the Legendary Ships and their T5 Epic Consoles, at least be given one moderate Passive Ability, that at least makes sense for the Ship it was originally offered on.

I mean that to me sounds like, a very reasonable request to accommodate. I don't like most (75%) of T5 Epic Consoles simply cause only a very few have passive abilities... ...even if their main click power's are still good, to very good, depending how your ship is built.

:'( to :o is only a minor tweak...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Podbean is always nice, as they allow everyone to listen, without having an account like apple, amazon or others...

p1QYcJ6.jpg

Click on Bean to listen, on no wrong bean, sorry!

Still it seems he has his eye on the Navy, or perhaps being a future Admiral. ;)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I'm looking forward to yesterdays Ten Forward, hope you'll join in as well.

I'm just surprised though as it normally is at 4:30pm (pacific) time, yet for some reason I thought today was Wednesday, heheh... it's Thursday!

So I missed this and will have to google/bing 'Cryptic Twitch' and it's easy find and watch the prerecorded version; or click the attached link. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: Β»
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > not interesting at all. but thats my take.

I share your opinion on this.

Seconded. Especially if their intention is to build up some hype... this ain't gonna cut it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna Γ¨ fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui Γ¨ giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui Γ¨ giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    > @jennycolvin said:
    > Seconded. Especially if their intention is to build up some hype... this ain't gonna cut it.

To be honest, considering Thomas' predisposition toward making/remastering ships "he personally wants" I, personally, tend to view 'posts' like the one Kael posted with quite a bit of cynicism.

Yeah, but even if that wasn't the case, if you're trying to build up hype you must give people *something*, 'cause even the smallest amount of info is useful. This, though? This means absolutely nothing. He's exited... and? Are we supposed to care because one person is "freaking out"? Please.
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna Γ¨ fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui Γ¨ giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui Γ¨ giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Remember when that Romulan emblem suddenly showed up one day on the old forums with a timer counting down? The one that eventually ended in LOR? THAT is how you build hype.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Remember when that Romulan emblem suddenly showed up one day on the old forums with a timer counting down? The one that eventually ended in LOR? THAT is how you build hype.​​

Back when there was a timer for STO, there was a lot of wild speculation that happened on the Champions Online forums. At the time, Perpetual's STO had imploded (though that wasn't in public knowledge at the time)....
  • Options
    Yeah - to be honest, it's both laughable and a bit pathetic. Just look at some of the replies in that thread: Duncanwhatshisface fawning over him per usual and lots of random, absolutely useless, speculation - which is exactly what happens when you Tweet something that lacks even the most tiny of hints of context.
    Perfectly put!
    100% agreed! I remember that time, and while I wasn't on the forums back then, I remember how things were in my fleet - both on our own forum and in teamspeak: the excitement was very high and we couldn't wait for it.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Well, there WAS that one thing a while back involving creepy distortion barcode text (I don't know the official name for it), phone numbers and audio clips...I don't remember what it ended up being.

So clearly it still works, it's just not being used to its full potential.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Voice recording has commenced for the next story episodes for STO.

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: Β»
    Voice recording has commenced for the next story episodes for STO.

That means the scripts are finalized if nothing else, I've always wondered how late in the process they do the VO.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Hey folks - I know there's a predisposition to be cynical here about my intentions, but that post was genuinely because Thomas was incredibly god damn excited and it was fun to see.

I don't "build hype" on that account. I use official blogs, videos, ARGs, launcher countdown timers, etc etc for that.
  • Options
    Hey folks - I know there's a predisposition to be cynical here about my intentions, but that post was genuinely because Thomas was incredibly god damn excited and it was fun to see.

I don't "build hype" on that account. I use official blogs, videos, ARGs, launcher countdown timers, etc etc for that.

I so wish i was in that meeting to see Thomas's reaction :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

So, my T6 legendary Workbee idea was accepted then???
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    So in a round-about way Kael kinda revealed on stream that the TOS Recruit event will probably be rerun around September 8th or so. Someone in chat asked "Temp recruit be in time for Star Trekk 55, which would be Sept 8th?" and Kael said "[username] has hit it right on the head! You'll all have to scroll up to see what I'm talking about. But because it's so far up the chat I feel like I can just say yes, you're right."

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1129492131?t=00h15m49s
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    So I guess that means we'll be seeing another legendary ship in two weeks as well if they decide to add a level-up pack for TOS characters.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    So I guess that means we'll be seeing another legendary ship in two weeks as well if they decide to add a level-up pack for TOS characters.​​

I doubt it, TOS always gets the short end.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

this. but they had what, two decent legendary ships in the 10th ani pack...i think

And one in the 11th (the Excelsior)

Actually, the tenth did have TOS ships in it though I believe they are both skins of the same 'Legendary Miracle Worker Light Cruiser' ship. The eleventh did not have any TOS ships, it had B'rel, Vor'cha, Excelsior, and Ambassador, none of which are TOS (though two of them are early post-TOS.

While the era the B'rel and Excelsior are from is often referred to as "TOS movie era", the aesthetics in the movies are totally different, (and they had a technological revolution separating it from TOS too), the only thing "TOS" about them is the Enterprise crew and you do not get them as far as I know of.

So TOS really does get the short end of the stick, it has one T6 legendary ship that can wear the style as an option, and two or three lower tier ships (though several of those can be worn by companion T6 ships so in essence a TOS fan ends up paying $50 (or the equivalent) for a single T6 ship of TOS style from the c-store while fans of TNG era just pay $30 for the same quality of ship).
  • Options

this. but they had what, two decent legendary ships in the 10th ani pack...i think

And one in the 11th (the Excelsior)

are we considering this ToS since its the same crew? cause certainly the interior and such are way diff than the OS series...

The Excelsior itself was in at least two of the TOS films and another Excelsior-class served as the Enterprise-B in the opening portion of Generations.

By definition those movies are not TOS era, they are post-TOS era. Ignoring the technological revolution that led to the massive "refits" for the moment, the aesthetics are totally different and even the zeitgeist is totally different. It is as different as the very traditional 1950s and the wild mod 1960s were in the real world, in fact even more so in many ways. So the Excelsior is not "TOS era" it is early movie era despite the sloppy terminology some people use because they happened to have the same cast playing the same characters in that next era.
  • Options
    No one I have ever seen across multiple sections of the Trek community has ever referred to the movie era as TOS - it was always TMP, after the movie that started it.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited August 2021
    No one I have ever seen across multiple sections of the Trek community has ever referred to the movie era as TOS - it was always TMP, after the movie that started it.​​

I have run into a few who have erroneously called it "TOS-movie era" or "the TOS movies" but far more call it "TMP era" or just "early movie era" (or "TMP era"). Usually they are not even in the fan community, usually they are magazine writers and whatnot who may or may not have even seen most of Trek.