10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• meimeitoo
    meimeitoo Member Posts: 12,395 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store.

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also still distracted with my new Borg ship from the lock box. If later those ships will turn out to have superb traits or whatever I could still buy it as we get sales almost as often as we do get events. :p

*nods*

Not to sidestep too much, but having picked up the anni ship today, I realized the timing of the bundle may have been a bit off; or, rather, my head is still buzzing with 'Legendary ships' now, meaning the anni ship won't be on my mind for a while. Essentially I'm now distracted by the new Legendary ships. :)
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • hanover2
    hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I'll be rolling the dice. If Cryptic wants my money, they'll break those ships out individually.
  • tigeraries
    tigeraries Member Posts: 3,481 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I'll be rolling the dice. If Cryptic wants my money, they'll break those ships out individually.

priced the same as the Vizer and Picard bundle for a single ship?
  • meimeitoo
    meimeitoo wrote: »

It's all working out. Good job Cryptic.. I didn't think this would sell but you have proved me wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am shocked at how many 'Legendary' ships I have seen in game today.

And you have like 929 posts in this thread exactly supporting what you wrote here as well.

That’s a new high score. GG mate! :D

Players did not want to gamble anymore for their Enterprises, players love huge discounts... the pack is a major gift to us all and it has been well accepted. Folks should show more gratitude.

And I am. :) Up until the patch, I wasn't going to get the pack; but when I came online, and saw the massive Zen charge discount as well, realizing I could get all for 150 euro (or even for $150), I was sold. Like I said earlier, already contemplating on getting 1 single Defiant, later, for about $80-100, I figured I would for ever regret it, not shelling out an exta 50 euros now, and just get the entire bundle already.

Cool thing, the deal is alright here for real. GZ on your new fleet ma'am! B)

Its just about the peeps who want to pick out single ships which wont work. Well that seems the price to pay instead of gambling. And you know what... thats alright as well. :)

Thanks! :)

I was in that category, wanting maybe a T6 TOS Connie, or the new Defiant or Crossfield; but yeah, we talked about that above, in that ppl here (realistically) concluded that extracting one of the ships, for an account wide unlock, would already cost upward of ca. $70-100 bucks. At which point not getting the entire bundle for $150 felt like robbing myself.

I've been consistently critical about what I often call Cryptic greed; but I have to admit, they really haven't skimped on the deal here. We did get 2 R&D ships (Connie/Donnie) and a Kelvin timeline lock box ship and Crossfied etc (some of which slightly reworked). And with the Crossfield, it yields no less than 3 new Traits (and good Traits too), just for the single ship. And next to the Terran skin, I was also able to choose a Terran interior. They truly went all-out.

Judging by the amount of Legendary ships over ESD, I think Cryptic really cleaned out here... and so did the players! Win-win. "And the players love it!" is a meme that actually proves to be spot-on, this time! o:)
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411
    legendarylycan#5411 Member Posts: 36,948 Arc User
    it yields one new trait, like every other ship in the bundle - the other two already exist​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

blacklivesmatter.png

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

"Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • foppotee#4552
    foppotee#4552 Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Although I'm curious why it doesn't have a hangar at all, if it's canonically designed with the capability in its main shuttlebay...

To be fair... 99% of all ships in Star Trek are known to have a shuttlebay of some kind. Even the Defiant had one.

I never knew the Defiant had a shuttle bay, dang, but thanks for me learning something new. Is there a DS9 episode showcasing that? I'd want to view that.
  • meimeitoo
    it yields one new trait, like every other ship in the bundle - the other two already exist​​

Apart from the new Tier VI Mastery Trait for the Crossfield, at Tier V you get no less than 2 Traits. Haven't seen that before, ever. Granted, I don't have all ships ever made, but I only recall every ship so far only getting 1 Trait at Tier V -- even the first ship to introduce Tier VI (the Jem warship et al.) only made the ship account-wide at Tier VI, but came with no extra Trait, iirc.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • foppotee#4552
    Come on you Legendary bundle buyers, I want to hear/see reviews for the 10 new starship traits & the 10 ships' performances themselves & how you're enjoying them. I'm trying to talk myself into buying it before the zen bonus ends. Thanks in advance.
  • foppotee#4552
    I will not be getting the package despite owning nearly every other ship in the store.

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also still distracted with my new Borg ship from the lock box. If later those ships will turn out to have superb traits or whatever I could still buy it as we get sales almost as often as we do get events. :p

*nods*

Not to sidestep too much, but having picked up the anni ship today, I realized the timing of the bundle may have been a bit off; or, rather, my head is still buzzing with 'Legendary ships' now, meaning the anni ship won't be on my mind for a while. Essentially I'm now distracted by the new Legendary ships. :)

Congrats on the anniversary ship! I wasn't too impressed with it visually till I saw it in-game last week then I was liking it. I still need to go-over the stats again for it. I've got a couple more days till I earn it. Again, congratulations!
  • meimeitoo

*nods*

Congrats on the anniversary ship! I wasn't too impressed with it visually till I saw it in-game last week then I was liking it. I still need to go-over the stats again for it. I've got a couple more days till I earn it. Again, congratulations!

Thanks! :) I will fly it shortly, for sure. Gotta train up my Legendary ships first, though.

So far, I haven't really liked the looks of the anni ship. Still feels like a Fed and Klink ship were involved in some sort of freak transporter accident, and got mixed (like in 'The Fly'). We'll see, though, once I start flying it.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • ltminns
    ltminns Member Posts: 12,481 Arc User
    There was the Mirror Crossfield, that's where that second 'older' Trait came from.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • blakes7tvseries
    blakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    The verdict is out the pack is worth every penny plus more. I don’t think they will break up the ships to be sold individually. Each ship is worth $150 dollars and that’s how much it is with bonuses now for that bundle . They said they didn’t want everyone flying the Connie. To keeps this out of hands of everyone it will stay bundled.
    download.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1
    thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,104 Arc User
    The verdict is out the pack is worth every penny plus more. I don’t think they will break up the ships to be sold individually. Each ship is worth $150 dollars and that’s how much it is with bonuses now for that bundle . They said they didn’t want everyone flying the Connie. To keeps this out of hands of everyone it will stay bundled.

Naivety at it's finest :D

That said, I agree the connies will probably stay exclusive. But there is no doubt they will eventually sell the "normal" ships individually. Probably in the mudd store for a big price too.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kiralyn
    kiralyn Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User

No ship is worth $150.

But yeah, there's no way anything but the "common" ships (Galaxy, Intrepid, etc) would ever end up sold singly.
  • legendarylycan#5411
    legendarylycan#5411 Member Posts: 36,948 Arc User
    worth is subjective - a ship - or anything, for that matter - is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

blacklivesmatter.png

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

"Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • salazarraze
    salazarraze Member Posts: 3,789 Arc User

Naivety at it's finest :D

That said, I agree the connies will probably stay exclusive. But there is no doubt they will eventually sell the "normal" ships individually. Probably in the mudd store for a big price too.

Fully agreed that this will happen eventually. Exactly as you said too. Non-prize ship in the Mudd store for a silly price before the flash discounts.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2
    rattler2 Member Posts: 55,529 Community Moderator
    I never knew the Defiant had a shuttle bay, dang, but thanks for me learning something new. Is there a DS9 episode showcasing that? I'd want to view that.

@foppotee#4552
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Chaffee_type_shuttlepod
    Here's the wiki page on the shuttle from Defiant. And the episode is The Sound of Her Voice. Season 6, ep 25.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552
    rattler2 wrote: »

@foppotee#4552
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Chaffee_type_shuttlepod
    Here's the wiki page on the shuttle from Defiant. And the episode is The Sound of Her Voice. Season 6, ep 25.

Thank you! I'm hitting that link now & will probably watch that episode.
  • captainbrian11
    captainbrian11 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    So having mostly tooled around in the legendary oddessy, gotta say I like this ship. it's a solid cruiser, and that shuttlebay really adds to the feel of this ship being a one ship task force.
  • megamanx82
    megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Please fix the Legendary Miracle Worker Assault Cruiser. I want my Lt.Com Universal back. It should be similar in Boff layout as the other Fleet T6 versions. IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avoozuul
    avoozuul Member Posts: 3,006 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    megamanx82 wrote: »
    Please fix the Legendary Miracle Worker Assault Cruiser. I want my Lt.Com Universal back. It should be similar in Boff layout as the other Fleet T6 versions. IMO
    I can agree with that although I would want it to at least have a sci lt.

• jtoney3448
    jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I got the pack, ive played through almost all the ships so far only the 2 sci are left. Only thing I dont like about the pack is that you dont get the special bridges for the ships. I dont mean the pay for zen bridges but the ones like the Oddy. the Discovery Conny bridge, the JJ Ent bridge. Those respective ships should have their respective bridges or at least some way to obtain them.

Aside from that all the ships have been great, the skins were well done. That being said some of these ships are what their T6 versions SHOULD have been from the very start, like the Galaxy Defiant Intrepid and Sovereign *to a Lesser extent the Oddy*. I was never a fan of the whole non full spec ship idea. Created far to much of an imbalance by having Full spec and non full spec ships.

Would be nice in the future to have a Romulan/KDF/Cardassian/JemHadar styled bundle like this. Cryptic should really go back and redo the layouts of the original T6 ships that dont have full specs. Ships like the Guardian etc need some love. For the love of god just make all ship traits account wide.

Only reason I bought this btw is I have a ton of alts and they use 9 of 10 of these ships already. You get all the skins, all the consoles, all the exsisting T6 traits + 10 new account wide traits and the fact that the ships level scale is great if i have to make another alt. Add in the zen sale and I was in, without zen sale I was walking away. $100+ bundles arent easy pills to swallow for me. If I had just wanted 1-2 ships it would have been a nogo. In the future offer all the ships seperately but also as a pack let your customers chose what they want. You will get more sales.
  • westx211
    westx211 Member Posts: 41,702 Arc User
    > @jtoney3448 said:
    > I got the pack, ive played through almost all the ships so far only the 2 sci are left. Only thing I dont like about the pack is that you dont get the special bridges for the ships. I dont mean the pay for zen bridges but the ones like the Oddy. the Discovery Conny bridge, the JJ Ent bridge. Those respective ships should have their respective bridges or at least some way to obtain them.
    >
    > Aside from that all the ships have been great, the skins were well done. That being said some of these ships are what their T6 versions SHOULD have been from the very start, like the Galaxy Defiant Intrepid and Sovereign *to a Lesser extent the Oddy*. I was never a fan of the whole non full spec ship idea. Created far to much of an imbalance by having Full spec and non full spec ships.
    >
    > Would be nice in the future to have a Romulan/KDF/Cardassian/JemHadar styled bundle like this. Cryptic should really go back and redo the layouts of the original T6 ships that dont have full specs. Ships like the Guardian etc need some love. For the love of god just make all ship traits account wide.
    >
    > Only reason I bought this btw is I have a ton of alts and they use 9 of 10 of these ships already. You get all the skins, all the consoles, all the exsisting T6 traits + 10 new account wide traits and the fact that the ships level scale is great if i have to make another alt. Add in the zen sale and I was in, without zen sale I was walking away. $100+ bundles arent easy pills to swallow for me. If I had just wanted 1-2 ships it would have been a nogo. In the future offer all the ships seperately but also as a pack let your customers chose what they want. You will get more sales.

Umm you do get the Kelvin bridge. The Discovery Connie doesn't have a bridge yet, and the odyssey bridge is a bug that next week they'll fix.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • jtoney3448
    edited February 2020
    westx211 wrote: »
    >

Umm you do get the Kelvin bridge. The Discovery Connie doesn't have a bridge yet, and the odyssey bridge is a bug that next week they'll fix.

Good to know, you were correct the JJ does have its bridge I must have overlooked it when swapping ships around.
  • lianthelia
    lianthelia Member Posts: 7,688 Arc User
    I just have no way short of a miracle to raise 200+ dollars in a few weeks...and I would have paid for it if I could but since they want to play some artificial scarcity I wont be able to buy it.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • lasonio
    lasonio Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    So far most of the ships have been a pleasent suprise. So have been a touch underwhelming due to my play style.

The only one I am not enjoying and will probably never fly again is the Intrepid so far, and the Legendary Flight deck cruiser. Disliked it enough that i removed it completely from my ships list. The difference is not minor it a major change to playing the original, can't hold a candle to it. Though i would say it's legend trait may have some utility to it, in a DOT heavy build maybe a sci build that needs more with agony phasers and temporal settings but I don't see it being able to crack my top five often if ever.

The most surprising and enjoyable ships were the Defiant, it's a power house. If it was miracle instead of pilot it would be too op. The legendary trait itself was a lot more underwhelming then I thought it would be. I was expecting a little more from it so I was a bit let down. It is barely able to pass my fifth slot for space traits so it gets kicked a lot during experimentation.

The Legendary Operative Science vessel was also op if you toss in a few sci traits like spore and grav well it does massive damage on the science and assault stage. It's trait is strange it seems to proc at least visually every once in a while and not consistently. But it is very distinctive, that red liquid like animation is eye catching. Add improved grav well, grav well doffs, and spore, Terran mechanization and you can clear fields quickly with minimal effort. Due to spor procing on sci skills it has immense survivabilty since you are spamming them for dps and the off shot is well you're spamming sci skills.

The legendary light cruiser was also surprisingly nice to fly, far better then I thought it would be. Shame it's not a five tac but was still extremely powerful on the field, To me, with the miracle worker effect it is far better then the original. But it's legend trait is the best bar none. Add in supremacy + entwined weapon matrices and you reach that 30% bonus damage extremely quickly and it stays up almost infinitely. The best diplomat is the best trait in the box bar none.

The legend assault cruiser is an awesome ship. powerful , sturdy, it's probably one of my more favored ships in the pack. It's traits are bad so they are useless, but it does keep you from wanting the vizier if you don't have it, since its a better ship and you can get the vizier skin, trait, and such without needing to pay mudds pricing. A really good tactical platform. The legend trait is too clunky and unwieldy. It procs probably once or twice after every encounter. So unless you fight one at a time and leave battle to collect material then enter battle again you probably won't crack double digits with it. If it collected material from every ship after every encounter it would probably be worth it and even then that would be a stretch. This trait as it is and probably if they improved it would more then likely never crack my top 5. Just not good enough.

The Legend exploration was also very surprising to me. I expected it to be a powder puff on the field but it was more then capable of dishing out dps but it's real strength came from it's herculean abilities to survive matchless damage. I mean this thing just kept absorbing damage to the point i removed my shields to see how far it would go and it just kept on rolling like it was no big deal. I don't think I have ever seen such a natural tank without needing a zombie build. Very good ship. A lot more nimble then it looks. Oddly enough, Make it so happens to be an actually good and surprising trait. Though it makes you spam command skills out of sequence. If you are in a ship capable of doing so, but you proc your skills like grav well and bfaw 3 and spread three with mod 2-3 enrgy weapons 2-3 and kemocite and targeting, then hit a command skill you do get some pretty surprising numbers and the additional survivability that comes out of no where is surprising. it is an interchangeable trait so it might only break the top five every once in a while to test numbers.

The rest, i have not finished yet to get their legend traits to test. So far, getting 1 mainstay trait and 2-3 interchangeable ones was well worth the price. But getting 3-4 very good ships that would stay out of dry dock and on the field was also a pleasant surprise. It was a nice value and worth the 220.00, which, if you are lucky, with the infinity and the keys, could become even more value down the line. The epic token was not so impressive since i on all those ships already, but it all worked out in the end
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • meimeitoo
    edited February 2020
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    I got the pack, ive played through almost all the ships so far only the 2 sci are left. Only thing I dont like about the pack is that you dont get the special bridges for the ships. I dont mean the pay for zen bridges but the ones like the Oddy. the Discovery Conny bridge, the JJ Ent bridge. Those respective ships should have their respective bridges or at least some way to obtain them.

Wait, wut?! The Legendary Command Dreadnought Cruiser doesn't get its nice Ody bridge?! Why the hell not!? That bridge already exists! And the Connies don't get their respective counterpart R&D bridges either?! I know the R&D Connies got reworked a bit, station layout-wise, but 'forgetting' to mention that there will be NO BRIDGES for them, like the ones on their counterpart R&D variants is, at the very least, downright misleading.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • captainbrian11
    captainbrian11 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    the ships missing bridges, such as the Oddessy are a bug, that will be patched next week
  • meimeitoo
    the ships missing bridges, such as the Oddessy are a bug, that will be patched next week

Wonderful. :) Thx.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • jtoney3448
    I finished playing the last 2 ships, both science ships. Used my partical gen torpedo spread build on my sci officer. I managed to go from 0 exp to finish rank 6 mastery in 2 patrols. I just dropped 1 grav well and watched the carnage as it killed 5 waves of enemies at a time in a second of their spawning. The amount of exp that generated was lulz worthy. I would say both Sci ships are on par with the Temporal science ship. On the intrepid i didnt even bother with hybrid seating, had 5 partical consoles + 1 in the universal just drop a grav well and its over no need for anything more.

The grav well trait from the Crossfield class is a nice addition, they werent kidding when they say it makes your grav well look distinct. Makes them look like giant red evil voids of horror and despair *which they are to the enemy*. I didnt find a bad ship in the 10, which for the price thank god for that.