test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    most of the talaxians I've seen have had names that end with X, just name him Asterix... or maybe Oblix. ohhh you could make a medical doctor named Gettafix!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    talaxian names have an X somewhere in the name - it doesn't necessarily have to be at the end​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    /Merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I I do wonder if someone at Cryptic just doesn't like Voyager because they took that premise of "Warship Voyager" & made a nice ship, but not the "warship" from the show.

IIRC, Jette said during a livestream that Warship Voyager had to fall within the same theme as previous Intrepid variants. She probably wasn't allowed to make her too different.

If you can't find a good Talaxian name, there's always the random name generator from STO Academy.
    westx211 wrote: »
    A few of the traits are pretty good, but yeah a lot of them are lackluster
    yeah but if the traits where massivly must have people would be calling foul. One thing to keep in mind is that you unlock all the traits from other versions of this ship. which means if you level the oddessy you get 4 new traits from leveling one ship... so that's kinda handy,
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Only two ships seem to be worse so far that I have noticed at least. The Crossfield and the Disco Enterprise. Crossfield looses a weapon, and Disco Prise looses a universal/tac slot.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    conveniantly the two lock box ships... quelle suprise!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Only two ships seem to be worse so far that I have noticed at least. The Crossfield and the Disco Enterprise. Crossfield looses a weapon, and Disco Prise looses a universal/tac slot.

The biggest downgrade of the 'Legendary Flight Deck Carrier' is the loss of a full commander Miracle Worker spec in favor of Temporal Operative spec.

The Legendary is still a good ship, and it gives people that T6 Connie they always wanted. It still has the Tactical Flyers and the Advanced Phasers.. so that's great.. but the ship is absolutely a step down from the R&D Box version which is a good thing because it keeps things 'fair' for those that shelled out for the Promo.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    I I do wonder if someone at Cryptic just doesn't like Voyager because they took that premise of "Warship Voyager" & made a nice ship, but not the "warship" from the show.

IIRC, Jette said during a livestream that Warship Voyager had to fall within the same theme as previous Intrepid variants. She probably wasn't allowed to make her too different.

If you can't find a good Talaxian name, there's always the random name generator from STO Academy.
    There's no reason why they couldn't have given it more tactical prowess like other science+tac vessels such as the Vesta.

Mircle Worker makes more sense for Voyager. think for a minute about what Voyager is reknowned for. it's not being a rough and tumble fighting ship (like say.. Defiant) voyager mostly was noted for finding all sorts of new technological solutions to get quicker to home.
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Anyone else had issues with the Glenn in the ship customisation screen? Changing material isn't changing the appearance for me (until I leave and see what it looks like for real), some other pieces too, I think.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Mircle Worker makes more sense for Voyager. think for a minute about what Voyager is reknowned for. it's not being a rough and tumble fighting ship (like say.. Defiant) voyager mostly was noted for finding all sorts of new technological solutions to get quicker to home.

Or intel, or time travel. Voyager gathered more intel then any other star fleet vessel, litterly everywhere it went was new data. Voyager fits in to just about any spec honestly. Its fast and manueverable so pilot, surveyed the delta quadrant - intel, had a hugely popular timeline season - Temporal. Survived and adapted against all odds - miracle worker, served as a command ship in several battles like the end of the Krenim episodes - Command.

Defiant fits basically into all of them but temporal, served as command for DS9 fleets. Was fast and maneuverable thus pilot, was super tanky and used new tech, miracle worker. Scouted in the Gamma quadrant - intel.

I honestly wanted intrepid to be temporal cause it fits best with science builds in my opinion. I just dont see what miracle worker is gonna do for an intrepid besides the extra console, maybe i just need to monkey with mine more. Still liked my intrepid but with my partical gen build hard not to like next to any ship that can use gravwell. Hell I used that build on my T6 ambassador and it stomped.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Btw I've been wondering about something and is it possible to get non-snide reply to this. Are the ships you get from the pack(s) account unlocks or just single character unlocks, I was thinking of getting the pack but honestly I won't if get the ships for just 1 character).
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Btw I've been wondering about something and is it possible to get non-snide reply to this. Are the ships you get from the pack(s) account unlocks or just single character unlocks, I was thinking of getting the pack but honestly I won't if get the ships for just 1 character).

They are account unlocks and scale to character. You get traits from all previous T-6 versions of a ship, the oddy gets 4 trait unlocks cause of it. Think i got around 25 traits from the ships, be aware only 10 are account wide, you can still get the rest of the traits per fed character but they have to grind the first 5 mastery levels for each ship you want the trait from. You also get all skin variants and parts for the ships, so you get all T5-6 oddy parts. Or all T4-6 parts for the intrepid.

Ships also get their unique bridges if they have them, not counting zen store unlocked bridges like the TOS conny bridge, TNG Ent D bridge, Defiant Belfast bridge. Those must be bought seperately but you do get the ones like JJ Ent bridge etc.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Yes the ships are account unlocks, only for fed side characters of course. KDF get the new traits once you unlock them but none of the ships.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

The biggest downgrade of the 'Legendary Flight Deck Carrier' is the loss of a full commander Miracle Worker spec in favor of Temporal Operative spec.

The Legendary is still a good ship, and it gives people that T6 Connie they always wanted. It still has the Tactical Flyers and the Advanced Phasers.. so that's great.. but the ship is absolutely a step down from the R&D Box version which is a good thing because it keeps things 'fair' for those that shelled out for the Promo.

'Fair' is in the eye of the beholder. Part of what made this bundle so attractive, was the prospect of getting the 2 R&D TOS ships, Connie and Donnie, respectively. Turns out they're both massively nerfed. :( I didn't pay for a ship that 'is absolutely a step down from the R&D Box version.' Didn't expect that, no siree. Are they still good? I'm sure they are, but I wanted the same 'OP' Flight Deck Carrier that everyone else was flying. Frankly, this is all highly reminiscent of when T6 came out, like "You're T5-U is still good... it's just not as good as T6."

I could say I feel swindled; but then ten people will jump on me, eagerly pointing out that, legally, they never said the 2 R&D ships would be exactly the same, and yada, yada. But if they had been upfront about it, and advertised the bundle as "Get your Legendary bundle, now with 2 massively nerfed R&D ships!", I'm sure few there be that would have been so enthusiastic about it.

I was looking for their promised way of making lockbox/R&D ships "more accessible." Never realized that selling them nerfed would be the way. :( And the real kicker is, that apparently no one else appears bothered by this.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I could say I feel swindled; but then ten people will jump on me, eagerly pointing out that, legally, they never said the 2 R&D ships would be exactly the same, and yada, yada. But if they had been upfront about it, and advertised the bundle as "Get your Legendary bundle, now with 2 massively nerfed R&D ships!", I'm sure few there be that would have been so enthusiastic about it.

All the stats were available before the ships went on sale, so you could easily have just compared them to the stats for the R&D versions on the Wiki and judged from that how much of a step down you feel them to be.

How much more upfront did you want them to be than literally telling us what the stats of the pack versions were before anyone could buy them?
  • xanderkentxanderkent Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'd like to have the disco Connie from the r&d pack. The legendary ships are nice if you don't already own fleet T6 versions of most of these or have the R&D/lock box/lobi versions.
    If you set a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    steaen wrote: »

All the stats were available before the ships went on sale, so you could easily have just compared them to the stats for the R&D versions on the Wiki and judged from that how much of a step down you feel them to be.

How much more upfront did you want them to be than literally telling us what the stats of the pack versions were before anyone could buy them?

This is the usual type of reply I expected, like "You should have read the fineprint! It's all your fault!"

Thing is, being upfront is not burying the stats inside a huge pile of other stats, where the TOS ships were only announced a few days prior to the sale, so you essentially had to wait for someone to make a ship-by-ship comparative vid on all stats current and former, but to simply say "We're going to put some R&D ships in there, but they will be gimped."
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    This KDF main is glad they didn't do exact copies of the promo ships. You already get fed wide access to unlimited adv arrays with it, 10 ships, 25 traits, tons of consoles...and your biggest complaint is it's not the exact same as whats in a box (which is my only access to d7s and adv arrays btw). Can't exactly say I feel you in this one.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »

This is the usual type of reply I expected, like "You should have read the fineprint! It's all your fault!"

Thing is, being upfront is not burying the stats inside a huge pile of other stats, where the TOS ships were only announced a few days prior to the sale, so you essentially had to wait for someone to make a ship-by-ship comparative vid on all stats current and former, but to simply say "We're going to put some R&D ships in there, but they will be gimped."

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a "stat guy". In fact, any time I've ever really tried to read them it all turns into a blur for me; I guess I'm just dumb. But anyway, they posted the stats for these new ships the same way they have for every other ship they have ever released. The stats were not "buried in a huge pile of other stats" or in "fine print"; they were clearly shown in each ship's blog post just like they have been every time they have released a ship for the last 10 years.

And for those like me who don't get much out of those blogs, you have the forums and reddit where people who are experts were comparing the different "versions" of these ships and explaining which were better and why. So, I'm sorry you are disappointed, but you honestly should have taken a little time to actually read about these ships, both in the blogs and from other people's feedback, if the stats are that important to you.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited February 2020
    tidetogo1 wrote: »
    This KDF main is glad they didn't do exact copies of the promo ships. You already get fed wide access to unlimited adv arrays with it, 10 ships, 25 traits, tons of consoles...and your biggest complaint is it's not the exact same as whats in a box (which is my only access to d7s and adv arrays btw). Can't exactly say I feel you in this one.

LOL, no. I don't care that "it's not the exact same as whats in a box." That was already known with the new Defiant specs. What I *DO* care about, though, is that both Constitution R&D equivalents appear majorly nerfed -- and those 2 were the real attraction of the bundle. I mean look at the Disco thing. Turn rate alone got nerfed from 9 to 7.

Only thing left for me, is to promise myself to go in, next time, with a suspicious mind, and certiorari.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

LOL, no. I don't care that "it's not the exact same as whats in a box." That was already known with the new Defiant specs. What I *DO* care about, though, is that both Constitution R&D equivalents appear majorly nerfed -- and those 2 were the real attraction of the bundle. I mean look at the Disco thing. Turn rate alone got nerfed from 9 to 7.

Only thing left for me, is to promise myself to go in, next time, with a suspicious mind, and certiorari.

I mean you totally do. And they said at the onset it was going to be different (ie "nerfed") to keep the value of the rnd packs up. This pack was to give unlucky or ec poor people a chance at getting a connie. Plain as day. If you'd like, come to the KDF side where our ONLY option of getting a D7, or the neat toys that come with it is the promo box. I'd glady take a dumbed down version of the disco d7 for unlimited advanced arrays.

• joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    So, I had a surprising bit of luck and managed to get this after all, so first off, I apologize for the previous display of self-pitying doom'n'gloom, heh.

And, in addition to getting ships I've wanted from the Infinity packs - I have something of a love affair for the Constitution class, I confess, and getting the mirror versions of the Crossfield and Sovereign were a nice bonus too - and being able to not rely on RNGesus to get them anymore, I also found out that I saved myself from having to wait for sales in the Mudd market for one ship I wanted to complete a console set: The Vizier variant for the Sovereign. The legendary Sov came with all the Vizier goodies. Battle cloaking Sovereign, anyone?
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a "stat guy". In fact, any time I've ever really tried to read them it all turns into a blur for me; I guess I'm just dumb. But anyway, they posted the stats for these new ships the same way they have for every other ship they have ever released. The stats were not "buried in a huge pile of other stats" or in "fine print"; they were clearly shown in each ship's blog post just like they have been every time they have released a ship for the last 10 years.

And for those like me who don't get much out of those blogs, you have the forums and reddit where people who are experts were comparing the different "versions" of these ships and explaining which were better and why. So, I'm sorry you are disappointed, but you honestly should have taken a little time to actually read about these ships, both in the blogs and from other people's feedback, if the stats are that important to you.

None of which you say is untrue, per se. I expected spec changes as soon as I decided to get the Defiant. I just trusted that they wouldn't just outright nerf the 2 flagships, is all.

And don't forget that -- while in fact I did look at the ships' specs, prior to the purchase -- I had no material to compare with, as I don't own the earlier R&D versions of the Constituton class ships. It's only when someone had made a ship-by-ship comparative vid, that it became clear to me that they were actually nerfed. Like I said, it simply never occured to me, that they would do that.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    tidetogo1 wrote: »

I mean you totally do. And they said at the onset it was going to be different (ie "nerfed") to keep the value of the rnd packs up.

Where did they say that?! On the bundles page Kael ony said "The ten ships in these bundles will have all new stats." Nothing about nerfing them to keep things fair. So, lemme guess, Twitter? Reddit?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The stats of the ships were posted in advance. There was no need to buy the pack on the first day. It is entirely possible to wait and see what other people think of the ships before leaping in and buying them. In fact, it's even a good idea, both because if the pack doesn't sell well at the start (people are waiting on it), Cryptic might sweeten the deal, and because other people will be eager to try the new pack out and post their opinions on it in the first few days.

I imagine that if I had ponied up a few hundred dollars to unlock a promo ship on a single character, and then Cryptic came along and gave everybody an account unlock of a ship that was just as good for $200, plus nine other ships, I'd be feeling a bit miffed.

'Buyer beware' has been a principle for a couple thousand years now. I'm still waiting to hear more info before I drop 19,500 Zen.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

The Legendary Disco Enterprise is also worse simply because it now has Temporal Spec instead of Miracle Worker. MW is great for traditional weapons damage, which the Disco Enterprise is great at. Temporal is great for science builds which the Disco Enterprise is not really equipped for.

The Legendary Crossfield is actually better than the standard ones IMO. The loss of a rear weapon is more than compensated by the fact that the Legendary version is a full Temporal spec ship with a Commander Temporal seat. It also has molecular reconstruction due to the fact that it's a full temporal ship. On top of everything else, it has a Lieutenant Commander Command station meaning it can take advantage of command's ability to boost torps. Making it potentially a very good Temporal/Sci/Torp build.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,183 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    A few of the traits are pretty good, but yeah a lot of them are lackluster

I be impressed if you could name one which is pretty good and why cause i tested them with fleet mates and they are all lackluster.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
This discussion has been closed.