test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

banegrivmbanegrivm Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I know this was on the 2019 roadmap that finished in January 2020, but where is it? The're getting to the end of the month and still no word yet. I sure hope they weren't talking about the lock box ships.
1st Fist of Light, Commander
Section 31
Global Handle: @Marshal_Valor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    We're still waiting, like always.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    I was only interested in the T6 Borg and its locked in the lock box … go figure ...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    January isn't over yet. I'm pretty sure that bit was for the anniversary.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I’m pretty sure that was the updated models on the hero ships
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    "We're still collating."

Now, for realz, the ships we've all been waiting for, probably refers to the playable Borg ship(s).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    In the finest traditions of Starfleet, they'll probably be "installed on Tuesday".
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Still a entire business week till January ends...they gave the stats of the Borg ship on Saturday which means they probably have something planned for the week to come.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Previous anniversary ships have had a triple bundle tied into them via a 4 piece gear set so barring an R&D gamblebox thats another batch that might be announced. Although have we really been waiting for kit-smashed ships more than ones like the nova or karfi.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    the most wanted one has been the Nova, probably followed by the Oberth and a T6 Voquv.
    and by the myriad borg ship threads, I'd say that it was a small minority that wanted that. Cryptic needs to start listening to the players and not try to tie in on every little Star trek burble that CBS milks out. if they had done that, they could have had a LOT more time and just now be working in Disco.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    "We're still collating."

Now, for realz, the ships we've all been waiting for, probably refers to the playable Borg ship(s).

This. I remember people asking for monster play or playable Borg since before season 5
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I hope I won't be disappointed.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Big ship pack coming soon ;)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    We know they are giving us a new Galaxy, and since they never release ships alone anymore, its going to be part of a pack. I have to say I hope a new Excelsior variant is in there too, but for now we have to wait and see. I'd expect info to drop on this by Tuesday or Wednesday and be available Thursday.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I have to say I hope a new Excelsior variant is in there too, but for now we have to wait and see.
    Sadly doesn't look like but we'll see. I'd kill for a new Excelsior that isn't the borderline worst ship in the game. Only the Samsar is worse in my experience.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    the most wanted one has been the Nova, probably followed by the Oberth and a T6 Voquv.
    and by the myriad borg ship threads, I'd say that it was a small minority that wanted that. Cryptic needs to start listening to the players and not try to tie in on every little Star trek burble that CBS milks out. if they had done that, they could have had a LOT more time and just now be working in Disco.

The significant caveat to the above is that the Nova, Oberth and Vo'quv have been the most requested ships *on this forum*.

Most STO players do not use this forum.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »

The significant caveat to the above is that the Nova, Oberth and Vo'quv have been the most requested ships *on this forum*.

Most STO players do not use this forum.

Would be interesting if they did an ingame poll asking what ship people wanted the most from a selection they where willing to make. A community picked ship of sorts.

Only problem is that obviously a Fed design would get picked over a KDF/Rom/Dom ship all the time but we get more Fed releases anyway so it would be expected
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I think that the days of the big ship packs are over. Would require 12 ships. If we get one now it will be the three variants (Tac, Science, and Engineering) in a Khitomer Alliance Pack that all could use. That would synergize with the Anniversary Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I think that the days of the big ship packs are over. Would require 12 ships. If we get one now it will be the three variants (Tac, Science, and Engineering) in a Khitomer Alliance Pack that all could use. That would synergize with the Anniversary Ship.

I wouldn't be so sure...I don't think they made all of those shiny new skins that were shown just for free, it's a safe bet they're all part of something bigger in some kind of pack.

New skins are the sizzle and a new ship pack would be the steak...
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    A 12 ship bundle is going to need a second mortgage or the sale of an organ to pay for if the picard bundle is anything to go by.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Caveat #2 is that the requesting has been done by a very small group of people spamming over and over and over and over...

• banegrivmbanegrivm Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'll just say this. A "ship you've been waiting for" isn't one that I have to gamble to get by throwing money over and over and over again at keys to "hope" I get the ship.
    Section 31
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I think that the days of the big ship packs are over.

Big ship packs usually come either with expansions or the introduction of a new primary specialization, so one of those is when I'd expect to see another one
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    banegrivm wrote: »
    I'll just say this. A "ship you've been waiting for" isn't one that I have to gamble to get by throwing money over and over and over again at keys to "hope" I get the ship.

You can buy lock box, lobi and R&D pack ships from the Exchange for EC with 100% success and zero gambling.

They do cost much more than 3,000 zen though.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Caveat #2 is that the requesting has been done by a very small group of people spamming over and over and over and over...

This really doesn't matter much, as ppl who don't visit the forum -- and I won't go so far as to say they don't care about the game at all -- at least don't care enough about their issues to post about them. So, even if it's just Reyan and a handful of other folks, still, those are the ones you want to listen to.

Also, you can't measure 'ships that do not sell', when said ships aren't in the C-Store (aka, you can't point to sales charts for the T6 Nova, when you're not offering one for sale to begin with).

So, at the end of the day, all you really have to go on, is that small group of ppl being vocal about their wishes.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • banegrivmbanegrivm Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    banegrivm wrote: »

You can buy lock box, lobi and R&D pack ships from the Exchange for EC with 100% success and zero gambling.

They do cost much more than 3,000 zen though.

That's alot of farming. Unless their is some trick to finding the magic tree that has EC on it LOL :)
    Section 31
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I think that the days of the big ship packs are over.

Big ship packs usually come either with expansions or the introduction of a new primary specialization, so one of those is when I'd expect to see another one

There was a 9-ship Mega Bundle every anniversary from 2014 through 2018, so that's what they're referring to. There wasn't one tied into last year's anniversary ship, so they may indeed be a thing of the past.
    A 12 ship bundle is going to need a second mortgage or the sale of an organ to pay for if the picard bundle is anything to go by.

Maybe if it was a bundle of 12 account unlock T6 lockbox ships, but it isn't like there is no precedent for large bundle pricing for regular faction ships. 9-ship bundles cost 12,000 Zen, so a 12-ship one would likely be no greater 15,000 Zen.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Based on the old Ship Pack pricing a 12-ship Bundle would probably go for 16K Zen list. When I was speaking about 'Big' ship bundles I was talking about the Fleet Level Ship Pack of 3 ships per Faction with Tactical, Engineering, and Science variants for Each Faction, hence 12 ships.

It was not to be construed as saying they won't release a large number of ships for an Expansion. Now, with that, they won't have to create T1-T5 fill in ships like the 'Agents of Yesterday' Bundle, as the T6 Ships can fill that role with their scaling.

You'll also have to temper your definition of 'Big', as the non-Expansion Bundles they have been releasing of late have been underwhelming in the number of ships contained.

The clues are there:
    Scaling T6
    Khitomer Alliance Joint Designs
    Romulans/Jem'Hadar fly Faction including T6
    Federation/KDF fly Romulan/Jem'Hadar
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I hope there are a few KDF ships at least as I got no use for Federation ships - my only Fed, a TOS eng has what I wanted and it is TOS themed as well. I am bit disappointed there were no iconic KDF and Rom improved and there were a good number of Fed ones on tribble - its probably a sign nothing is planned for KDF and Romulans within the 10th anniversary.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I hope there are a few KDF ships at least as I got no use for Federation ships - my only Fed, a TOS eng has what I wanted and it is TOS themed as well. I am bit disappointed there were no iconic KDF and Rom improved and there were a good number of Fed ones on tribble - its probably a sign nothing is planned for KDF and Romulans within the 10th anniversary.

Can't say one way or the other until tne Anniversary hits.
    The current iconic Romulan ships are already pretty high quality models. Probably could use some more polish now but still good. And I think for the most part the KDF iconics are pretty good too. The Negh'Var, Vor'cha, and K'tinga I think are decent to high quality. The only one I think hasn't had a major quality pass is the B'rel.
    But again they could probably use some polish too. As of right now however, all we know is that the 4 iconic Fed ships are getting a quality pass on the models.

What I wish they would fix up is the TNG uniforms. They show their age compared to the TNG season 1 uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.