test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Age of Discovery Launches October 9th

Comments

• From what I read so far its all about feds not KDF. If so Please let us know as I won't have to waste my time on something that is going to be not very fun. As its all about the Feds not Kdf once again ( KDF ARMY )
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    I agree a Recruitment re-run, perhaps even for ALL recruits, including LoR might be a good way to generate more excitement for the launch. As it stands, Discovery has a ?colourful" reputation amongst Trek fans at large, so a little extra fomr the STO devs might help a lot. That and maybe even a Dil/Lobi/Rep weekend or two, so people can "cash up" before hand. (pushing my luck, but what about a Phoenix run as well?)

It's also going to be interesting seeing how they integrate Discovery into the STO story. They did a pretty good job with JJTrek, Although I was a little disappointed that Jem-H toons only really got 1 "unique " starter mission.

^^^ THIS. ^^^
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Well, my December prediction was only off by 2 months.

But having started a Delta Recruit in the re-run of that event and then a Jem'hadar, I must confess I currently have little appetite for yet another character to put through the rep grind, especially since presumably it's now going to T6
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well I was wrong, they picked the one Tuesday in early October that I have wouldn't have guessed. :D

Your rep is forever tarnished.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    4075798.jpg
    CBS timey-wimey curfuddery… (iow, doing their worst)

I do not fear AoD.
    I do not fear any corporate empire.
    The Dream of Star Trek will not die!
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Not buying any Discovery ships but it would be nice if Cryptic re-ran all of those missions where we can get the reward bridge officers (Reman, Breen, etc). None of my newer alts have them so that would give us disinterested non-Discovery folks something to do. I am happy for my fellow captains who enjoy the series though and I hope the content is fun.

Slainte
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Few points from tonight's Ten Forward Weekly:
    • 3 species confirmed for DSC faction at launch: Human, Vulcan, and Alien (yay!). More may be added later and specific customization options have not been talked about or teased yet.
    • DSC era Klingon customization options might not be available for KDF players at launch (don't panic if so.)
    • They are still talking about a re-run for the Temporal recruitment event, but it takes a lot of work to run those. Considering it's only two weeks until AoD, you won't necessarily see this immediately if/when they opt to re-run it (DSC characters won't be running through AoY content.)
    • There'll be more content dropping outside the normal season windows (another new queue teased for relative near future.)
    • The Tardigrade is adorable
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    bendalek wrote: »
    It's also going to be interesting seeing how they integrate Discovery into the STO story. They did a pretty good job with JJTrek, Although I was a little disappointed that Jem-H toons only really got 1 "unique " starter mission.
    From what Cryptic has said, and what they have posted in the blogs, is that all of the Discovery missions happen in the past, and our 2409 captains are just playing historical simulations of those missions.

Missions they add later are going to be effectively rectoned into the Discovery era captain's storyline as if they were always there, even though the Discovery era captains will have come into 2409 already.

It is odd that they would retcon them in rather than just looping them in via Daniels or whatever (unless they are specifically tuned to use only the starter ship or something).
  • bravosixromeobravosixromeo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Just a teaser, I recolored the uniform to match as best I could to the Season 2 trailer. First image is before the Breach event. I took a little time off after CC event, and came back to the second image. I didn't change anything, and I have not yet been able to recreate it, even using the exact same settings. Note that the Saurian's uniform did not change.

2b9IFfR.png

cOHeaCG.jpg

• startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    A game that is supposed to be about Star Trek's future but will be focusing on it's past doesn't make sense to me. If they want old era Trek then have them make a separate game. Passing on the story missions, thank you.

"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • bravosixromeobravosixromeo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    If anybody wants to see it on Holodeck, message me at Atiram@bravosixromeo and I will log on and meet you, just so you can see it's not Photoshopped.
  • kourgath22kourgath22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Few points from tonight's Ten Forward Weekly:
    • 3 species confirmed for DSC faction at launch: Human, Vulcan, and Alien (yay!). More may be added later and specific customization options have not been talked about or teased yet.
    • DSC era Klingon customization options might not be available for KDF players at launch (don't panic if so.)
    • They are still talking about a re-run for the Temporal recruitment event, but it takes a lot of work to run those. Considering it's only two weeks until AoD, you won't necessarily see this immediately if/when they opt to re-run it (DSC characters won't be running through AoY content.)
    • There'll be more content dropping outside the normal season windows (another new queue teased for relative near future.)
    • The Tardigrade is adorable
    You forgot that they are apparently planning a new reputation, though it may not be Discovery related. I am assuming that if they haven't figured out what it will be yet that this new rep won't be available until sometime after AoD releases, though I could be wrong.
    Just a teaser, I recolored the uniform to match as best I could to the Season 2 trailer. First image is before the Breach event. I took a little time off after CC event, and came back to the second image. I didn't change anything, and I have not yet been able to recreate it, even using the exact same settings. Note that the Saurian's uniform did not change.
    2b9IFfR.png
    cOHeaCG.jpg
    This has been talked about a couple of times over on the STO sub-reddit over the last 2 weeks or so. It seems it was an intentional change, probably so we can recreate the Season 2 uniforms but we don't yet have all the parts of this change yet.* As it stands right now if you want the collar to be something other than black you need to switch your top to something else, most people recommended the mercenary top and change the third color and when you switch back it should be what you changed the third color to.

RcMelvY.jpg
    The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved. - Yang Wen-li
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    renata666 wrote: »
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Will we get an extra character slot for this?

Sure you can. Just get it from the C-Store. :smiley:

Unless you are at max slots...than you can not unless the release increases the max.

Exactly. Hoping they increase the max by one.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > startrekron wrote: »
    >
    > A game that is supposed to be about Star Trek's future but will be focusing on it's past doesn't make sense to me. If they want old era Trek then have them make a separate game. Passing on the story missions, thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > STO was never about Trek's future, it was about the Trek series as a whole. It just happened to be largely set in the future because that was easiest.

TRIBBLE is gonna rewrite the past, every indication is the devs plan to force STO into compliance with TRIBBLE....which means a Temporal Recruit event is uneccesary. Why do a event based on a era that no longer exists?
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Missed TFW, so did anyone ask the most important question ? Is there a Discovery Tribble ? :)
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Just got confirmation that we are giving out an extra character slot. :)

Thanks Kael, this is good news!
    4073703.jpg

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > startrekron wrote: »
    >
    > A game that is supposed to be about Star Trek's future but will be focusing on it's past doesn't make sense to me. If they want old era Trek then have them make a separate game. Passing on the story missions, thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > STO was never about Trek's future, it was about the Trek series as a whole. It just happened to be largely set in the future because that was easiest.

TRIBBLE is gonna rewrite the past, every indication is the devs plan to force STO into compliance with TRIBBLE....which means a Temporal Recruit event is uneccesary. Why do a event based on a era that no longer exists?

Discovery is NOT rewriting anything. If anything, it's adding to the period before Kirk's time of the Enterprise. Points of note here:

- Robert April & Christopher Pike are both recognized as decorated Captains in Starfleet.
    - USS Defiant is mentioned as having crossed over to the Mirror Universe at some point in the future, though at the time that Discovery takes place, the Defiant is patrolling sector 006.
    - Pike is going to appear in Season 2 as Captain of the Enterprise, which has been seen in the show.

Additionally, this is honestly the first time we know that there's more history being added to Star Trek, and it would be stupid if STO just ignored it.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Oh and events on DSC aren't even remotely close to TOS yet, Season 1 of DSC was set roughly 10 years before TOS and lasted 2 years at most (there's 6 and 9 month time skips during it) so we're more or less 8 years from the events of TOS apart from the pilots.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    beautiful

2b9IFfR.png

cOHeaCG.jpg

Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ( Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1