Install Arc
Options

[PC] Age of Discovery Launches October 9th

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Um... what Kelvin and 23c KDF unlocks duncanidaho11 ?
    I don't see anything like that in the game… :o
    Did I miss something that important?

Yup, check the tailor. Klingons (KDF) can use both Kelvin and 23c facial features if a FED character has completed the AOY starter missions (although Kelvin forehead might be available from default now.) 23c uniforms are also unlocked in this way too (KDF players never had to buy them.) Kelvin uniforms: lobi store.

rattler2 wrote: »
    Kelvin Klingon Lobi Outfit also unlocks the facial features.
    If you play a TOS Fed, you can unlock TOS Klingon and Gorn parts for KDF.

Actually I think the Kelvin forehead (not sure about the piercings) are just available at the tailor (like Kelvin tattoos for Romulans.) I've used it for FED boffs. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    zorky63zorky63 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    #AgeofDiscovery will be launching on PC on October 9th

Are the changes in the Episode List also showing up in the requirement list for Delta Recruits awards ?

• Options
    zorky63 wrote: »
    #AgeofDiscovery will be launching on PC on October 9th

Are the changes in the Episode List also showing up in the requirement list for Delta Recruits awards ?

Kael's confirmed that any recruitment task tied to an episode that's being completely pulled will auto-complete.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Um... what Kelvin and 23c KDF unlocks duncanidaho11 ?
    I don't see anything like that in the game… :o
    Did I miss something that important?
    Here's a few of the KDF TOS options in-use:
    beltrancollection2_by_marhawkman-dcfhfbp.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    3 days to go and we can't play it on test? At least check out the first mission?

Too many potential spoilers. Just play it when it launches

Considering it's the missions are taking place before the Second Season, they wouldn't have to worry about us spoiling anything.... ;)
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    AoD starts tomorrow but we have heard nothing about a Ship-Bundle like we had for the AoY and ViL Eypansions. thats kinda weird. Was hoping for some Discovery ships in the Store.

And i am hoping that releasing AoD after jsut 1 seasonisn't a mistake because if they really change the look of the Show to be more TOS we could end up with ships that look totally different, maybe even a Discovery refit with round nacelles and STO would have an outdated model
    Post edited by willamsheridan on
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Anyone see the trailer for season two for discovery and automatically think its an iconian?
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I find it extremely difficult to beleive that there won't be any T6 Discovery-era ships for players, and their new characters, to progress to.

Like all the T6 ships that were available to Jem'hadar players? The selection of discovery era ships that come out of the TV series is so sparse that they had to re-use one of them for the new starter ship, having already released it as one of the three recognizable ships from discovery in the discovery lockbox.

Who knows? Maybe there are a bunch of new ships in season 2 that CBS gave them a look at. I'm not holding my breath, though.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I find it extremely difficult to beleive that there won't be any T6 Discovery-era ships for players, and their new characters, to progress to.

Like all the T6 ships that were available to Jem'hadar players? The selection of discovery era ships that come out of the TV series is so sparse...

Cryptic has plenty to work with, the question is simply how many they were able to produce after ViL's expansion-level ship bundle, plus four interstitial ships, and what the release scheme's going to be. One might assume one big pack but Cryptic has been talking up a more regular cycle of content drops so they might opt to emulate the last two c-store releases and go with smaller scale but shoter intervals. We'll just have to see (pretty much: in any blogs that come out this week.)
  • Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    eagle_allships.jpg
    We only have the Walker class and the Crossfield class so far.

That's not quite true...

We know that the Malachowski Class is going to the be starter ship in AoD, and one of the recent story posts showed what could be an in-game version of the Nimitz Class - so that's at least four ships on the Federation side. The Malachowski Class was visible at Battle of the Binary Stars, Eagle Moss clearly haven't got round to it yet, which is why it's not in the graphic. Include the new look version of the Constitution Class and that gives Cryptic a total of nine Federation ships to play with - seven of which are not (quite) in the game.

The Klingon Ship of the Dead and the two-person Raptors are already in-game, and it seems clear that we will be seeing the era specific version of the Bird of Prey - so that's at least three ships on the Klingon side. (Yes, I know, you can ONLY make use of the Raptors if you have the Ship of the Dead, but they are in game!). At least seven different Klingon ship designs were seen in the first season of Discovery, so again Cryptic have plenty to play with. Again, the Eagle Moss graphic only shows the ships they have done, not all the ships that were seen.

On top of that, we have the ISS Charon, a new Vulcan ship and the era specific Starfleet shuttle.

People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    So we are now just over 12 hours away from AoD releasing.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    What time does it come out? its only 20 minutes until tuesday here :smiley:
  • Options
    ok thanks, that'll be about 6pm here.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    DHEfE5yWAAAgDYb.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    tgriff85tgriff85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hi all. What time will be live today in the uk???
  • Options
    tgriff85 wrote: »

6:30PM - based on current info

People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    tgriff85tgriff85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

really???? thats disappointing im back at work after today till monday so im not gonna get any time on it:(
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User

PM? They plan to be down twelve hours?
  • Options

The question was: "Hi all. What time will be live today in the uk???" for which the answer is 6:30pm

Servers go down at 2pm in the UK, and come back up at 6:30pm in the UK - Timezones are fun ;)
  • Options
    commanderblack#7812 commanderblack Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    From what I read so far its all about feds not KDF. If so Please let us know as I won't have to waste my time on something that is going to be not very fun. As its all about the Feds not Kdf once again ( KDF ARMY )
    Klingons play a fairly large role in this, not sure what you are talking about.

May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • Options
    commanderblack#7812 commanderblack Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    From what I read so far its all about feds not KDF. If so Please let us know as I won't have to waste my time on something that is going to be not very fun. As its all about the Feds not Kdf once again ( KDF ARMY )
    Klingons play a fairly large role in this, not sure what you are talking about.

you will see its a story for feds only.
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • Options
    lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    So are we seriously only getting two story missions for this big hyped expansion?
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @lostcause212 said:
    > So are we seriously only getting two story missions for this big hyped expansion?

I thought it was three but I could be wrong
  • Options
    So are we seriously only getting two story missions for this big hyped expansion?

To begin with, and then they are going to add more content as time goes on, rather than dumping a shed load of new content and missions in one go. The Devs have stated in various places that this is just the beginning of what's coming for Age Of Discovery, more will come and a larger story will unfold :)

• Options
    > @lostcause212 said:
    > So are we seriously only getting two story missions for this big hyped expansion?

I thought it was three but I could be wrong

Patch notes state a Tutorial, then two missions following on. So three is right :)

• Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited October 2018

The question was: "Hi all. What time will be live today in the uk???" for which the answer is 6:30pm

Servers go down at 2pm in the UK, and come back up at 6:30pm in the UK - Timezones are fun ;)

it's actually 19:30 GMT unfortunately, there's no difference between utc and gmt as the british invented the concept of time and all timezones are based on gmt
  • Options
    Britain is on DST now so according to the launcher it'll go down at 4pm and come back up around 8.30pm
  • Options

it's actually 19:30 GMT unfortunately, there's no difference between utc and gmt as the british invented the concept of time and all timezones are based on gmt
    kurzis wrote: »
    Britain is on DST now so according to the launcher it'll go down at 4pm and come back up around 8.30pm

Oh. My. God.

Seriously? What are they teaching kids in school these days. Even with the UK being on BST at the moment (or DST for the Yanks), this is easy to work out. Translating PDT to BST isn't hard: The UK is 8 hours ahead of West Coast of the USA - both the West Coast and the UK are on Summer Time, so the 8 hour time difference reamins. So if the Server downtime starts at 6am PDT add 8 hours to get the time in the UK... Sheesh

I LIVE in the UK. Server went down at 2PM on the dot. Will be back up at 6:30PM (unless Cryptic extend it).

Don't believe me? Here's the event timer: https://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PC+Maintenance&iso=20181009T06&p1=224&ah=4&am=30