test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Age of Discovery Launches October 9th

Comments

• platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I trust us millions of Vice Admirals get something more to do than just a single new STF to grind marks on until we burn out and leave again?
    I trust us millions of Vice Admirals get something more to do than just a single new STF to grind marks on until we burn out and leave again?
    All the Discovery missions are cross faction. Also, based on what Cryptic has said previously, there will not be a new reputation coming with the initial Age of Discovery release. so you don't need to play the new TFO to grind marks, there are no new marks to grind(yet)

That's not encouraging being told it's actually worse.
    edited October 2018
    That's not encouraging being told it's actually worse.
    How is that worse?

Mission rewards are lame and I end up tossing them. Once you've seen the story they're just an exp farm.

At least the reputation means new traits and set to check out eventually.
    At least the reputation means new traits and set to check out eventually.
    that is why they are introducing T6 reps.

Well at least that's something.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well pre-patching started for me tonight.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ltminns wrote: »

I was going to say pretty much the same, along with the 'Well' part :)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

What is "pre-patching"?
    Boycott. I'm playing WoW instead for the first time in five years. Down with Klingorcs.

Why bother boycotting? I am not favorably impressed with Discovery either, but with STO's multiverse setup it is a non-issue since the old stuff will still be here. And STO could very well do better than CBS in implementing it, it is not a very high bar in the first place and STO makes sense out of all the other timelines existing at the same time as it is.

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Oh sweet, it launches on my birthday.

I'm happy. :)
  • direwolfe42direwolfe42 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Are we finally going to get some discovery bridges and internals?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    What is "pre-patching"?
    Its when the game downloads files related to an upcoming release before the release day so you don;t have to download as much on release day wen the servers usually get slammed.

I guess the steam version does not do that, or at least not noticeably. My Windows fatally malfunctioned a few weeks ago and I have not gotten the ARC launcher back on yet after the wipe-and-reinstall it required to fix it (I really wish this game would run under Linux...).
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Boycott. I'm playing WoW instead for the first time in five years. Down with Klingorcs.

you're new here, aren't you? ahem...

"Boycotts don't work!" Except in the inverse-meaning that they motivate the company to pursue whatever it is you're protesting even harder.

Plus, here in michigan, lots of people are very angry with Nestle, and said to boycott Nestle, YET Nestle is a HUGE food conglomerate, who owns many other food companies and labels....meaning you might buy something else, yet a good chance Nestle is still getting your $ and you are not even aware of it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think Cryptic is hearing you loud and clear, and will add more Orcs and Elves to STO to get you back.
    We may get playable Vorta soon-ish. :D Vorta are kinda like space-elves. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Vulcans are the Elves with the big ears.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    3 days to go and we can't play it on test? At least check out the first mission?
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    3 days to go and we can't play it on test? At least check out the first mission?

Too many potential spoilers. Just play it when it launches
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Are they forcing new discovery to be Feds, like they did with AOY?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    flesson616 wrote: »
    Are they forcing new discovery to be Feds, like they did with AOY?

Well they are Starfleet officers... :tongue:

DSC Klingon options will likely be coming as well, if not Tuesday then a update in the relatively near future. However those will probably be unlocks like Kelvin and 23c KDF options. No word on whether they'll eventually get an alternative starting experience in the DSC timeline (ex. House Mokai, would be cool...)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Um... what Kelvin and 23c KDF unlocks duncanidaho11 ?
    I don't see anything like that in the game… :o
    Did I miss something that important?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Kelvin Klingon Lobi Outfit also unlocks the facial features.
    If you play a TOS Fed, you can unlock TOS Klingon and Gorn parts for KDF.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)