What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 26th Century Heavy Dreadnoughts

Comments

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    nephitis wrote: »
    Everyone wants to buy it for roughly 1.2 billion... but everyone else wants to sell it for far more. lol
    The chat is flooded with WTB and WTS posts but nobody talks to each other. It's like all the buyers are ignored.

Because if you're selling one right now you SHOULD be ignoring offers of 1.2 billion.

It'll settle down to that in a few weeks, but "I'M TERRIFIED OF RISK AND WANT IT DAY ONE" people deserve to be fleeced/pay a premium.

• Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Anybody find that bridge link?
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Upset rich people on the forums today because they can't save 300 million on their newest trophy ship. :D
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The frigates are puny compared to the ship. One would think they would be at least be Voyager/Intrepid size. :D
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    nikeix wrote: »
    A.k.a. you don't want it enough. No problem, you'll never have it. So why worry about it? Every time you see that "pack issued" announcement fly across your screen it's $200 in Cryptic's coffers paying the Devs and keeping the lights on. Awesome. Someone not-you is footing the bill so we can have a game at all.

Ah yes, because if I wanted it badly enough, I'd just shell out $200 bucks on the spot, like a vast majority of people can just suddenly do that.
    Like, y'know, people don't have bills to pay on the regular or lives to maintain, that they can just dump money into an invisible investment that has no real world ability to impact their life outside of a video game.
    That, instead of getting groceries or paying for their lights or gas, that they're just gonna buy a fake ship in a video game, for $200.
    Sure.

(Like, WOW dude, that is probably one of the most blind and insensitive things I have heard another human say, if you couldn't parse through my sarcasm.)

You know what I see whenever I see one of those messages?
    Either someone like me got REALLY lucky, or (more likely) someone with a lot more disposable income than me IRL was able to sink enough money into this game until they got what they wanted.
    And they are now either going to use that thing as just another trading piece or use it for themselves.
    And honestly, chances are, it's just another trading piece to them.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    Does what you just wrote look as whiny to you as it does to damn near every human on the planet? You're complaining about the scale of you disposable income while sinking time into a game and chatting on the internet. As a case for "oh, I endure such HARDSHIP" it's just not that compelling. I'm sure there are plenty of other luxury items you've stood with your face pressed to the glass at the showroom wishing you could have. Go see if you can harangue them into dropping the price because 'I wants it'.

I'd be sympathetic and pleasantly concerned if we were talking about someone going hungry. Some gamer bitching they can't afford a toy? NOT INTHE SAME CATEGORY to me. So If I'm 'insensitive', maybe it's because I save my sensitivity for things that matter.
  • Options
    merlinofliramerlinoflira Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Everyone wants to buy it for roughly 1.2 billion... but everyone else wants to sell it for far more. lol
    The chat is flooded with WTB and WTS posts but nobody talks to each other. It's like all the buyers are ignored.

These guys, who I refer to as the comic book guys (based on the character from The Simpons) keep playing hot potato with these packs, and sell them between themselves and keep upping the price, and making an artificial cost spike.....'slitting the throat' as I call it. Been done during the last RD promo with the T6 tos ships.

Like, the only way to fight that kind of small but controlling circle of players is to basically overwhelm the market with rare ships at far lower prices, thereby "devaluing" them. Or by simply trading ships with each other on a want-to-want basis, despite any perceived value.

Like, these ships are selling for millions, if not billions, of EC, and hundreds of keys.
    (and may I point out that EC in and of itself is a relatively useless currency, as one can get plenty of EC for the few things in-game that require it, so shoring up millions or even billions of EC has always seemed baffling to me, other than you HAVE to in order to compete with artificially inflated markets)
    Keys themselves have a real-world value at least, so it's easy to gauge how much that can translate.
    So basically, if you're selling two hundred keys, you are practically shelling out $200 for a single ship.

And look, honestly? Are those ships really worth that much?
    The obvious answer is NO THEY ARE NOT, but again, due to the concerted efforts of a relatively small group of wealthy and controlling players, it is very difficult to argue with an artificially inflated market.

When a basic T6 ship from the store is, what, $30 or so, you have a basis for comparison as to how much rare lockbox and promo ships should be more realistically priced, as far as translating their cost into either EC or traded keys is concerned.
    Honestly, a far more fair trade for such things would be $50 (or fifty keys) for an ultra rare lockbox ship, and maybe $80 for a promo ship. That's... that's it, guys.
    You shouldn't be shelling out more than a hundred, or even two or three hundred, for any one single ship in this game.

And honestly, HONESTLY? You can even just.... take a leap of good faith here and just kinda start trading one rare ship for another, if you find another player who's amicable and meets your needs.
    Like, I flat out traded an NX-Refit, which I had little interest in but could easily acquire, for an Atlas class, which another player had little love for but absolutely wanted my NX over. And I pulled the trade off within like two or three days of that lockbox going live, when literally everyone who claimed to be "in the know" when it came to market mechanics told me it'd never happen and I was insane to try.

It can really just be THAT simple, if everyone is just willing to work with each other here.

If those aforementioned "comic book guys" wanna keep trading these ships with each other using sums that most regular players will never be able to acquire, freaking let them.
    Everyone else can just ignore them and make far more realistic deals with each other, and then that way, everyone at least has a far better shot of getting cool ships.

I don't understand why people spend hundreds of dollars to get a ship they may not get. You can spend $200 and get yourself more than 9 ships from the c-store. If I were going spend that kind of money it be buying ships from the c-store. Actually it be on getting a lifetime membership.
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Of course Breach had to be offline. I was hoping to see the J Enterprise in action in those tight corridors.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Does what you just wrote look as whiny to you as it does to damn near every human on the planet? You're complaining about the scale of you disposable income while sinking time into a game and chatting on the internet. As a case for "oh, I endure such HARDSHIP" it's just not that compelling. I'm sure there are plenty of other luxury items you've stood with your face pressed to the glass at the showroom wishing you could have. Go see if you can harangue them into dropping the price because 'I wants it'.

I'd be sympathetic and pleasantly concerned if we were talking about someone going hungry. Some gamer bitching they can't afford a toy? NOT INTHE SAME CATEGORY to me. So If I'm 'insensitive', maybe it's because I save my sensitivity for things that matter.

I cannot begin to even fathom your line of logic here, it is baffling.
    Mostly because it has little to do with my initial premise of pointing out how the ship market for STO is grossly overinflated and could potentially be countered through certain and specific means if enough of the playerbase put their mind to it, because as of now the ship market is essentially cornered by a smaller number of players that potentially have far more IRL disposable assets to invest in the game and thus dictate the availability of rare ships easier.

And then you come out of nowhere by saying, essentially, "oh if you don't spend a vast amount of money right now then you clearly don't want it that much", like.
    Dude, what.

And then you say I'm whiny? And attempt to correlate to my behavior IRL from a post on the Internet about a game?

That is some reach right there, dude.

But whatever, man, you do you. You clearly can afford to spend $200 on a single thing in the game, so you are I guess doing well enough for yourself. Mazels.

Me? I'm taking a step back here, as I've said my piece and am done with this.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User

These guys, who I refer to as the comic book guys (based on the character from The Simpons) keep playing hot potato with these packs, and sell them between themselves and keep upping the price, and making an artificial cost spike.....'slitting the throat' as I call it. Been done during the last RD promo with the T6 tos ships.

Like, the only way to fight that kind of small but controlling circle of players is to basically overwhelm the market with rare ships at far lower prices, thereby "devaluing" them. Or by simply trading ships with each other on a want-to-want basis, despite any perceived value.

Like, these ships are selling for millions, if not billions, of EC, and hundreds of keys.
    (and may I point out that EC in and of itself is a relatively useless currency, as one can get plenty of EC for the few things in-game that require it, so shoring up millions or even billions of EC has always seemed baffling to me, other than you HAVE to in order to compete with artificially inflated markets)
    Keys themselves have a real-world value at least, so it's easy to gauge how much that can translate.
    So basically, if you're selling two hundred keys, you are practically shelling out $200 for a single ship.

And look, honestly? Are those ships really worth that much?
    The obvious answer is NO THEY ARE NOT, but again, due to the concerted efforts of a relatively small group of wealthy and controlling players, it is very difficult to argue with an artificially inflated market.

When a basic T6 ship from the store is, what, $30 or so, you have a basis for comparison as to how much rare lockbox and promo ships should be more realistically priced, as far as translating their cost into either EC or traded keys is concerned.
    Honestly, a far more fair trade for such things would be $50 (or fifty keys) for an ultra rare lockbox ship, and maybe $80 for a promo ship. That's... that's it, guys.
    You shouldn't be shelling out more than a hundred, or even two or three hundred, for any one single ship in this game.

And honestly, HONESTLY? You can even just.... take a leap of good faith here and just kinda start trading one rare ship for another, if you find another player who's amicable and meets your needs.
    Like, I flat out traded an NX-Refit, which I had little interest in but could easily acquire, for an Atlas class, which another player had little love for but absolutely wanted my NX over. And I pulled the trade off within like two or three days of that lockbox going live, when literally everyone who claimed to be "in the know" when it came to market mechanics told me it'd never happen and I was insane to try.

It can really just be THAT simple, if everyone is just willing to work with each other here.

If those aforementioned "comic book guys" wanna keep trading these ships with each other using sums that most regular players will never be able to acquire, freaking let them.
    Everyone else can just ignore them and make far more realistic deals with each other, and then that way, everyone at least has a far better shot of getting cool ships.

Wu1Ooju.jpg
    Exactly. Problem with the world is no one helps each other, apart from the "what's in it for ME?! dog-eat-dog mentality. I always go to help a player out and craft em some stuff they need, their smile is the reward there.
    Heck, I'll be happy to help someone trade or swap or get ships and stuff. Maybe we can help each other out, Sorcerer?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    mailman650 wrote: »
    Nothing has been said about it but I'm pretty sure what the answer is. Do any of these ships have new bridges?

No, at least for the Ent-J version which uses the Universe Bridge of the 31st cent temporal ships. Visited it from someone with the ship and was warned I wouldn't like what I would see. Very disappointing.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Of course Breach had to be offline. I was hoping to see the J Enterprise in action in those tight corridors.

All the ships are artificially inflated to handle well in The Breach right now. I have Pig-Dog ships that handle so poorly in regular gameplay but in The Breach, they behave just like any nimble ship.

If I full impulse around in an instance, these Pig-Dog ships take half the map to make a 90 degree turn. In The Breach, they make sharp turns.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    The ship seems to be going for over 1.5 billion now. Some people are even asking for a flat out 300+ keys.

Some people are asking for more than 1.5 billion EC credits.

• Options
    The ship seems to be going for over 1.5 billion now. Some people are even asking for a flat out 300+ keys.

They'd be jumping out of a 50th story window, cutting their own throats on the way down, if they only got 1-1.5 billion.....swearing and cussing as they do so.

with me video taping the whole thing :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User

That is why it is offline, a team of 5 Ent-Js went through it and just beat it all to hell. Repair crew was dispatched to patch up the breaches in The Breach. :)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I opened 20 Promotional R&D Packs quickly and after I opened them I noticed one had an Icon facing in the opposite direction. Sure enough was one the Promotion Ship Pack. I put it in the Account Bank with the T6 Constitution/Annorax/whatever. Sold the R&D Packs.

When you get the Promotion R&D Packs they stack. When you open them, those R&D Packs don't stack. When you get those C-Store R&D Packs as a prize from a Lockbox, those stack. Coding Bug?
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I just bought 3 of the 20% off 4-pack bundles (using zeni bought during a zeni sale) so I'm out about $20 and guess what? I finally broke my streak and didn't effortlessly get a prize. Oh noes! No 'that's no solar eclipse, its a parrot!" ship for me. Maybe I could trade my T6 TOS pack for one. If I decide I do want it that badly. Still thinking 'sell it and pick up the Tal'Shiar Adapted T6s' is how that's going to play out, though.

...I did get the 120 lobi I was after and my main crafter's got a pile of catalysts again. With the lobi sale going I might pick up another space gear set or burn a little more of that stored zeni and snag an Ornash battle cruiser for 720.

I think I'm supposed to make a thread about how I'm so distraught I didn't win, but I can't be bothered ;).

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    20161101120551_1.jpg
    dunno how accurate this is, but seems at least probable...
    assuming its not all one huge april fools troll.... notice the release date

and people thought simitard spawnball problems were bad... this makes a t'laru look dainty

That KT ship is nowhere near the size of the Universe class (Doug Drexler designer calls it that) Enterprise J by Doug Drexlers own words qouted on Star Trek Wiki it's 2 miles long.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    szim wrote: »
    The Cestus clas frigate is actually an early design for the Enterprise J
    dca2623801f08dede6ec9c9e0b659bfd1488845628.png

Then it looked like this
    1701-J-Rejected.jpg

Before we ended up with the design we know today
    d813f7bf15b91f5ef00a2019cf08981a.jpg

The Frigate is actually based upon the Altair class:
    cobUhnk.jpg

From what Doug has said the J was a quick and dirty two day design rushed to meet the deadline.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The Breach was probably shut down because the Enterprise-J got stuck inside. LOL :)

And I know what the Developer said.

Maybe some behind-the-scenes tweaks went awry.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    Rare? Yes. But is this something that is actually going to be in demand? I wonder.

- The prevailing opinion of most is that these ships are ugly. Only one is a hero ship (albeit in one episode? Two?), and not one any sizable group ever cared about.

- They turn like bricks, a quality universally disliked.

- Essentially big, ugly, T6 carriers with some extra weapons, and a lance you'll almost never be able to aim except in PVE, where it isn't even needed.

They'll be expensive on "Day One", I'm sure, but will anyone ultimately care long-term though? Unlike the other R&D promos, these ships aren't meta-changing like the Annorax, or much demanded, like the TOS ships.

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. Probably like the Voth Bulwark: a useless status symbol coveted for no reason other than rarity.

So long as I can get the J, without having to deal with the scaplers, I'll be happy.

You're either a gambler, a scalper, or a customer of a scalper. Pick which one you are.

I'm the guy with the cool ship you don't own?

Mustrum "Well, not yet, perhaps, one day, not sure... I got a TOS Connie, though" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options

They'd be jumping out of a 50th story window, cutting their own throats on the way down, if they only got 1-1.5 billion.....swearing and cussing as they do so.

People are being greedy when they are asking 1.5 billion+ for a butt ugly ship. You can sell the Enterprise-J for 900 million and still make a profit.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Do you see those dreadnoughts out there, being flown by players?
    If the answer is yes, then whatever the prize is that people ask for the ship, it is a prize that has a market! People are willing to spend that money.

So the number might seem "inflated" to you, but they are not complete made up numbers - they have a strong basis in reality, there are people that buy at that price!

If you think it's not worth it, that's a subjective determination. Only you can decide what an item is worth to you. But there are more people in the world then you, and if some have the opinion it's worth it to them, then that will be a prize people are going to pay. And if the prizes are not dropping, that means there are still plenty of those people paying for the ship.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    mailman650 wrote: »
    Nothing has been said about it but I'm pretty sure what the answer is. Do any of these ships have new bridges?

No, at least for the Ent-J version which uses the Universe Bridge of the 31st cent temporal ships. Visited it from someone with the ship and was warned I wouldn't like what I would see. Very disappointing.

That's odd, I could have sworn the promo video showed a unique bridge. It looked massive, and my mouth dropped open. But maybe I was seeing the Klingon one...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options

Do you see those dreadnoughts out there, being flown by players?
    If the answer is yes, then whatever the prize is that people ask for the ship, it is a prize that has a market! People are willing to spend that money.

So the number might seem "inflated" to you, but they are not complete made up numbers - they have a strong basis in reality, there are people that buy at that price!

If you think it's not worth it, that's a subjective determination. Only you can decide what an item is worth to you. But there are more people in the world then you, and if some have the opinion it's worth it to them, then that will be a prize people are going to pay. And if the prizes are not dropping, that means there are still plenty of those people paying for the ship.

Pretty much, someone out there is willing to pay for it, within reason of course even for the well off out there.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Rare? Yes. But is this something that is actually going to be in demand? I wonder.

- The prevailing opinion of most is that these ships are ugly. Only one is a hero ship (albeit in one episode? Two?), and not one any sizable group ever cared about.

- They turn like bricks, a quality universally disliked.

- Essentially big, ugly, T6 carriers with some extra weapons, and a lance you'll almost never be able to aim except in PVE, where it isn't even needed.

They'll be expensive on "Day One", I'm sure, but will anyone ultimately care long-term though? Unlike the other R&D promos, these ships aren't meta-changing like the Annorax, or much demanded, like the TOS ships.

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. Probably like the Voth Bulwark: a useless status symbol coveted for no reason other than rarity.

So long as I can get the J, without having to deal with the scaplers, I'll be happy.

You're either a gambler, a scalper, or a customer of a scalper. Pick which one you are.

I'm the guy with the cool ship you don't own?

Mustrum "Well, not yet, perhaps, one day, not sure... I got a TOS Connie, though" Ridcully

Both I and the person I was responding to own T6 TOS Connies. I hope you don't fail at life as badly as you just failed at being a smartass.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    The "salt" over at ESD is REAL over these ships. It's a great time :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options

People are being greedy when they are asking 1.5 billion+ for a butt ugly ship. You can sell the Enterprise-J for 900 million and still make a profit.

Hence why I call them "Comic Book Guy Wanabes"
    Greedy little buggers who profit over others' misery....I outta make a Rockefeller approved rubber stamp or something for their foreheads.

As for the J, I think it's gorgeous.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    and the romulan one, in addition to looking like the republic emblem, also looks like a flying saucer with a chunk taken out of it when seen from above

and those two reasons are why i totally want one

EDIT: actually, it also kinda reminds me of this: http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Dreadnought​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.