Install Arc

Tier 6 26th Century Heavy Dreadnoughts

12345679»

Comments

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    redvenge wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who really isn't bothered about owning one of these ships?

So many of them around - superhuge ships are clearly extremely popular in STO, but I still prefer ships of the smaller and more nimble variety myself.
    The Durgath isn't as bad as the Universe or the Valkis (thought the Valkis is a very pretty ship).

Variety is the spice of life. I enjoy my D4x and my Durgath (on different characters).

Agreed - and to clarify, I don't take issue with the design of these ships, my comment was simply that I have little/no interest in owning one myself due to their size, but again - that's more a byproduct of my personal preference toward small ships.

You're definitely not alone. Aesthetically, I find the J hideous. As far as mechanics, there's nothing really noteworthy about these ships either, apart from being dreadnoughts with two hangars. The pets are decent, nothing special. Bridge officer seats and console layout, again, nothing special. I was initially scratching my head as to why they made they such unremarkable ships so rare, but I guess it's just that practical reason: to make them rare as something that big and ridiculous being very common would be, well, ridiculous. Definitely the weakest of the promo pack ships. The Bug, the Annorax, and the T6 TOS ships were semi OP/semi-meta changing, while these dreadnoughts, not so much.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Well, after today's announcement all carriers are looking to move up the charts and that includes the Heavy Dreads. Plus their Frigate will all be seeing additional buffs since scratch the paint is being obsoleted by universal perma-Scratch the Paint for all hanger pets.

I'm steadily warming to the Klingon one. It has the prettiest frigates and the notion "I've just warped in... now we lay siege to this entire system!" complete with grand gestures while standing before my 'warrior's throne' of a command chair just works for me.
    nikeix wrote: »
    Well, after today's announcement all carriers are looking to move up the charts and that includes the Heavy Dreads. Plus their Frigate will all be seeing additional buffs since scratch the paint is being obsoleted by universal perma-Scratch the Paint for all hanger pets.

I'm steadily warming to the Klingon one. It has the prettiest frigates and the notion "I've just warped in... now we lay siege to this entire system!" complete with grand gestures while standing before my 'warrior's throne' of a command chair just works for me.

That does improve them, but no more than it improves any other carrier. Now, I could understand the new dreads being in-demand if they had exclusive frigates as powerful as Tholian Mesh Weavers or Romulan Drones, but they don't. They're relatively Joe Average ships with Joe Average abilities and layouts in terms of the state of the game/powercreep, apart from an extra hangar bay, which just isn't a very significant distinctive differentiator. Any good carrier is still better than they are, IMO.
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of which, I hope the next incoming wave of T6 revamps after the Romulan Adapted stuff is the Tholian Recluse and Orb Weaver. I will puke rainbows, and spend many quatloos for the privilege.
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I hope the next incoming wave of T6 revamps after the Romulan Adapted stuff is the Tholian Recluse and Orb Weaver. I will puke rainbows, and spend many quatloos for the privilege.

I'm more interested in the Xindi-Aquatic Narcine, but after getting the T6 T'SAs relatively early, I really can wait patiently at the back of the line while other folks see their favorites get the love.

T6 Undine... Oooo.
    With promo packs at 23m today, the price of producing new dreadnoughts has risen from 1.7b to 2.3b.

Well to be completely fair 2.3b minus the value of 990 lobi and 100 R&D packs. That reduces production costs to well below 2b. But given that the zeni key-to-promo box ratio is so out of whack compared to the Ec key-to-promo box ratio, it's still a pretty good play to buy boxes from Cryptic rather than other players. While you can at least.

With the sale over, I'm pretty much committed to ignoring the Heavy Deads until they're added to the Infinity Promo and I'm willing to gamble another $16-$24 to see what happens.

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I finally had one of these, the Romulan one, in a Breach run. They are smaller than I thought, it wasn't much bigger than my 31st Century Dreadnaught and much, much thinner. Also only had 40k or so hit points to my 70k and actually died once in the chamber.

Neat looking, though.