Options

Tier 6 26th Century Heavy Dreadnoughts

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    anonidiot wrote: »
    I wonder when they will release God from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (In a promo pack of course for maximum profit margins) I just want to fly around in a floating head smiting everything.

uhh..that's V'ger ...God was The Final Frontier

You're right! Have a cookie!

That's my line! ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    anonidiotanonidiot Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    anonidiot wrote: »
    I wonder when they will release God from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (In a promo pack of course for maximum profit margins) I just want to fly around in a floating head smiting everything.

uhh..that's V'ger ...God was The Final Frontier

You're right! Have a cookie!

That's my line! ;)

Relax! RELAX! I'll take all your cookies. Fair is fair.
  • Options
    tubafiredragontubafiredragon Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I wonder if these will follow the trend of Dreadnoughts having hangar bays? I thought that I saw frigates with the Klingon Dreadnought in the video, at least I think they were frigates based on the size comparison.
    I also noticed the Federation and Romulan Dreadnoughts firing some kind of beam out of the main deflector. Could this possibly be the Tox Uthat?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    A quick size comparison

universe.png

:#:*:s
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    A quick size comparison

universe.png

for all we know, it might be shrunk down a lil bit. ~shrugs~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    A quick size comparison

universe.png

Then again, the D'Deridex and the Vengeance dwarf the Galaxy Class.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    The Enterprise-D could totally ram into the J's warp engine and destroy that ugly pancake of DOOM!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Meh. I don't like to gamble so as much as I'd love to score the Romulan one if it's not a zen store item I'll have to admire from afar. I'd try to raise the ec but I have a severe distrust of a majority of people. Great looking ships though!
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    A quick size comparison

universe.png

for all we know, it might be shrunk down a lil bit. ~shrugs~

From what I could tell, It is shrunk down a bit. I was unfortunately unable to line up with anything as I had to keep the ships hidden while filming.

Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User
    I hope after these dreadnoughts the the ships go small and agile again.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    So, would these be considered Capital Ships?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User
    tenderbits wrote: »
    So, would these be considered Capital Ships?

More like space stations with warp nacelles.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    The Enterprise-D could totally ram into the J's warp engine and destroy that ugly pancake of DOOM!

Or it won't do anything....the J's hull could be so strong, than it could handle a collision. Remember, as Drexler himself said that a highly advanced society would be able to make ships with materials and techniques so strong, yet look spindly and fragile.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    And they said it'd never happen. Now that's every canon Enterprise in-game except the Yorktown refit from BYD.

They also said they had no plans of making T6 versions of other existing ships after the Pathfinder, took two weeks or so until the dollar won. Just sayin'. :p
  • Options

Or it won't do anything....the J's hull could be so strong, than it could handle a collision. Remember, as Drexler himself said that a highly advanced society would be able to make ships with materials and techniques so strong, yet look spindly and fragile.

I choose to ignore your post. :open_mouth:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    jim625 wrote: »
    I bet the turn rate is gonna be some thing like 3 or maybe 2 since it is so large :-o

Should be...but since this is a promo pack it will probably be some BS like 7 or 8 at least.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    They probably handle like bricks, but holy shtako does that Romulan one look awesome.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    TIER 6 26TH CENTURY HEAVY DREADNOUGHTS, does that mean we will never have to worry about T7 ships, they cannot outdo 26th Century Ships in this timeline?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    alsayyidalsayyid Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I'm unsure how to feel about this... Aesthetically, the KDF dreadnought is what I always pictured Klink battleships should be. I think it's gorgeous and I really want one no matter the stats.

If it was in the store, I would get one for a certainty.

However, gambling is detestable to me. And I don't like supporting it. I may try and generate the funds but it seems troublesome. Last time I hit the grind hard I burned myself out.

I'm sure others will support this. But I will likely sit this one out. Hopefully cryptic makes something else that appeals to me in the future.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Mmmmmm. New klinkboat. Yummy. Srsly. If its as big as the J... giant klingon cruiser of galactic death and 'splosions. Lovin that, the J has and always will be ugly as sin, thats not Cryptics fault. Blame brannon braga for that (or the ent design team anyways).
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They probably handle like bricks, but holy shtako does that Romulan one look awesome.

They're promo ships...probably wont be as brick like as you'd expect them to be...
    tarran61 wrote: »
    TIER 6 26TH CENTURY HEAVY DREADNOUGHTS, does that mean we will never have to worry about T7 ships, they cannot outdo 26th Century Ships in this timeline?

Not at all...the Wells is a T5 ship...from a later time than these ships...and they still made T6,
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,209 Arc User

Yeah ...didnt realize the butt ugly Enterprise D looked like a "pancake"...more like an upside down vacuum cleaner to me. Probably the "D" is the worst ship design ever. Perhaps the guy who drew that had someone beat the living daylights of out him before he put that into paper :D
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Wow if that size comparison is correct, the J should be able to launch galaxies as frigate pets :P
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options

Yeah ...didnt realize the butt ugly Enterprise D looked like a "pancake"...more like an upside down vacuum cleaner to me. Probably the "D" is the worst ship design ever. Perhaps the guy who drew that had someone beat the living daylights of out him before he put that into paper :D

J is uglier and I'm glad. I think it's hideous. Otherwise I might be annoyed that it's in a promo pack.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    Guess I am the only one who likes the J. o.o Well, more for me, then.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

You're not. I like it. I'm not viewing it through an ape brain though.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Since it's in a pack with the Klingon and Romulan vessels I imagine it's going to be near the same price scale as the Temporal Light Cruiser.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I was never a huge fan of the design for many reasons...one of them being it felt so uninspired and meh worthy...it literally looked like a huge 26th century version of the NX to me...like they put so little effort into the design.

Every Enterprise from the Connie to the Sovereign had its own unique look...even the Connie to the refit had its unique identity...but the J is just a floating pancake with tiny little nacelles attached to it.

A pancake which looked very similar to the NX...

A design that just felt so uninspired and unoriginal...like they just didn't put any thought or effort into it and just threw something together over night because they were on a deadline.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I'll point out my Chronos is a Temporal Cruiser from the 31st century making it far more advanced.