test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I play at sto since 2 years, when I see currently the prices of the EV suit, I still think that they are too expensive for just an EV suit. And there is a huge difference between the ev suit at 30k and the maco outfit at 2 mil dil.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I play at sto since 2 years, when I see currently the prices of the EV suit, I still think that they are too expensive for just an EV suit. And there is a huge difference between the ev suit at 30k and the maco outfit at 2 mil dil.

One EV suit is 300k (?) and the maco 1,7 mil. Still a huge difference but so is the costume unlock I get for it. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    While i might be interested in those uniforms, the current cost is too steep for me. Nor am i willing to pay that amount.

If i had that kind of refined dilithium on each of my chars (it's character unlock, not account) then i would convert that dil into zen and grab the large packs from the C-store which i do not yet have in my possession.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

One EV suit is 300k (?) and the maco 1,7 mil. Still a huge difference but so is the costume unlock I get for it. :)

:p misread. well, these prices are totally insane. I just hope that these uniforms are worth their respective prices.
    edited July 2016

:p misread. well, these prices are totally insane. I just hope that these uniforms are worth their respective prices.

Nope and I agree with you. One really, really needs to want to have one and even then it’s too much but only compared to the other stuff we have in game.

In my case the MACO outfit is a dream come true and they ported it well. I just got it because I had the Dil left over 3 days after an upgrade weekend (which should tell anybody how much I must have). There is nothing else I can do with my Dil in game as I already have pretty much everything I want to have. :)
    animated.gif
    In my case the MACO outfit is a dream come true

This could have been the be for me too. Entreprise is my favourite Star Trek tv show. But 1.5 mil dil, no thx. And like currently, I can't stay in game more than 5 minutes (direct 3d error), I would say that i'm not disappointed for myself, but for the other fans of Entreprise. :)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    One character bound uniform @ 2 million Dilithium, or 1 account wide cstore ship @ 1.5 million...

Cryptic have officially lost the plot...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

In my case the MACO outfit is a dream come true

This could have been the be for me too. Entreprise is my favourite Star Trek tv show. But 1.5 mil dil, no thx. And like currently, I can't stay in game more than 5 minutes (direct 3d error), I would say that i'm not disappointed for myself, but for the other fans of Entreprise. :)

I’m very sorry to hear so. The only thing I could offer to help when your driver trouble has sorted out would be an invite to our communities chat. We are not DPS centric; still manage to rush through most of the pve maps in a short time. Dil comes fast in our teams, same counts for fun. Of course I could invite you to my fleet temporarily as well in case yours does not have the 15% bonus on dil store items.
    animated.gif
    thx, very appreciated.
  • greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    The outfits are not a lot of money in real terms, however they represent an incredibly poor value for money for me, it would be like spending $100 on a Baseball cap. I'm a so called whale, I support the game big time financially, I got the gold ship, I can easily buy all these outfits today but I won't, not now nor ever, because they represent appalling value for money (read time grinding or working IRL), and also because I believe these popular outfits should be available to the masses for a reasonable price, in other words to me it seems an unfair way of creating a dil sink. So on principle, I'm out on this.

I must agree. I have a considerable disposable income, that I spread across several games, including STO. I have easily spent many, many £100s in this game since I became LTS before launch (I won't mention the lack of the Gold Ship, as I'm not that interested in the design) and I guess I could be considered a whale(?). I often convert purchased Zen to Dil to support the Fleet, and it's entirely possible players such as I perpetuate the notion to Cryptic that players will spend huge amounts of money for any ol' digital tat.

The prices for the new DilStore items, however, is absolutely extortionate. It is shameless cash-grabbing pricing designed, with the pretence of a dil sink, to put a false exclusive value for something that is absolutely sub-par in quality. It would be hilarious if it were not for the fact that the Ground aspect of the game is largely secondary to Space, and 80% of gameplay, is - in my mind - Space orientated. Would I pay 1.3mil dil on something to look good in while standing at the Bank or Exchange? Not even I would.

A truly staggering pricing decision by Cryptic, but unfortunately not one that I am at all surprised to read about these days.
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Have a thought for newcomers, they must be already disappointed by the kelvin lockbox joke

How was the Kelvin-lockbox different from any previous lockbox (aside from the Infinity-one of course)?

The Kelvin-ships are not part of the Prime-universe, so they're not part of the STO-factions, and thus they're in lockboxes instead of the C-store...

But yeah... These costumes are way overpriced for single-character-unlocks. Plus, they don't even look THAT good (not bad either, but still not so amazing one must have it at all cost).
    thx, very appreciated.

Very cool, if you write me an in game male so I can get your @handles (mine are the same as in here) I can send an invite when I get home. :)

We use the chat to stay in touch with our fleets, the other members of our armada as well as our friends which are obligated to other communities. Unlike DPS channels we have no requirements as we found mixed teams to offer the greatest variety to approach the limited numbers of maps.
    animated.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    How hard is it for people to get: This is a dilithium sink.

1. These items are not meant for newbies, or casuals, or players who otherwise have better things to spend their dil on. They're meant for people who are sitting on millions with nothing to spend it on. To get some of those millions away from inflating the economy.
    2. Expensive cosmetic items as a currency sink are not an "experiment." They're well established as one of the most effective sinks in the MMO genre.
    3. People will buy them. People have already bought them.
    4. They probably aren't going to reduce the prices. Not only would that be a giant middle finger at all the players who've bought them, it would more or less permanently destroy the credibility of any current or future dil sinks in the game. Their sales would only affect the pricing of future sinks.

It is perhaps unfortunate for some that they used highly-requested canon uniforms for this, instead of creating something just for show. Perhaps. But that's not what most people are complaining about. And I got yet another chance to re-iterate my disdain for the faction restrictions. They lost sale of at least one full set of them by discriminating against Romulans. But that's not what most people are complaining about either.

They're cosmetic items, entirely optional. You decide how much it's worth to wear them. If you don't think they're worth the price, that's OK. Don't buy them. If you've got something better to spend your dil on, that's OK. Spend it on that.

But swearing and calling people names for creating/selling/buying expensive items isn't going to accomplish anything. You go around town calling people insane for wearing expensive clothes, you're the one who's going to be seen as crazy.
    warpangel wrote: »

1. These items are not meant for newbies, or casuals, or players who otherwise have better things to spend their dil on. They're meant for people who are sitting on millions with nothing to spend it on. To get some of those millions away from inflating the economy.
    2. Expensive cosmetic items as a currency sink are not an "experiment." They're well established as one of the most effective sinks in the MMO genre.
    4. They probably aren't going to reduce the prices. Not only would that be a giant middle finger at all the players who've bought them, it would more or less permanently destroy the credibility of any current or future dil sinks in the game. Their sales would only affect the pricing of future sinks.

It is perhaps unfortunate for some that they used highly-requested canon uniforms for this, instead of creating something just for show. Perhaps. But that's not what most people are complaining about. And I got yet another chance to re-iterate my disdain for the faction restrictions. They lost sale of at least one full set of them by discriminating against Romulans. But that's not what most people are complaining about either.

They're cosmetic items, entirely optional. You decide how much it's worth to wear them. If you don't think they're worth the price, that's OK. Don't buy them. If you've got something better to spend your dil on, that's OK. Spend it on that.

But swearing and calling people names for creating/selling/buying expensive items isn't going to accomplish anything. You go around town calling people insane for wearing expensive clothes, you're the one who's going to be seen as crazy.

Good post.
    animated.gif
    edited July 2016
    thx, very appreciated.

Very cool, if you write me an in game male so I can get your @handles (mine are the same as in here) I can send an invite when I get home. :)

We use the chat to stay in touch with our fleets, the other members of our armada as well as our friends which are obligated to other communities. Unlike DPS channels we have no requirements as we found mixed teams to offer the greatest variety to approach the limited numbers of maps.

my handle in game is also the same as in here. But for now I make a break from STO (a forced break), but not from the forums, i like to read all the comments. but thx again. :)
    How was the Kelvin-lockbox different from any previous lockbox (aside from the Infinity-one of course)?

the problem is not the box itself, but the content. Like a lot players I like the new JJtrek, and it is sad to see all these interesting stuff in a box. But i understand the reason. my point was that a lot of newcomers mostly interested by the jjtrek stuff must be a little bit frustrated. :)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Wapangel said it best. This is not for everyone. The ones who want it will get it anyways. Or see it as a challenge to obtain. The rest can cry about it like most are now. Or forget about it and spend the Dil on something else.

It's a challenge, you want it. Go for it. Don't cry, stomp, and kick like some 2 yr old.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    thx, very appreciated.

my handle in game is also the same as in here. But for now I make a break from STO (a forced break). but thx again. :)

the problem is not the box itself, but the content. Like a lot players I like the new JJtrek, and it is sad to see all these interesting stuff in a box. But i understand the reason. my point was that a lot of newcomers mostly interested by the jjtrek stuff must be a little bit frustrated. :)

Agreed - it seems very likely that there will have been new players that were drawn to the game by having watched beyond. Some of those players might naturally want to fly the KT Connie, only to find that obtaining it isn't as simple as making a C-store purchase.

But what will the consequence be then? Will they say:" Oh no, I won't bother with that". Or will they think: "Cool, this ship that I already really like must be very awesome if it's so difficult to get. This is something I'll work for."

In turn, if it was something trivial to get, they'd join the game, take the ship out for a tour after a token effort, think: "Now what, I got what I came for already?!" and leave again.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I see the next dilithium store item will be 3 million plus - bravo white knights!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I don't care what the math says...

$50.00+ Dollars, is a completely asinine price for ONE PIECE OF CLOTHING for ONE TOON!
    And anybody who pays that price either doesn't understand the value of money or doesn't give a chit.

smh

Sorry, but 50 bucks is not that much if one goes out at Saturday where I live. Traveling to neighboring town to meet with a buddy, getting something nice to eat, watch Star Trek Beyond in cinema, go to a pub for a few beers. Did that last weekend. Money is all gone but I had a good time.

Now tell me, why shouldn’t I spend the same within a videogame I play for 3 hours during weekdays for something I like to have? :)

(Not that I needed too, I sit on millions of Dil after 4 years of STO)

I'm sending you my account number.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    It occurs to me that if these costumes become the dil sink they appear to be meant to be, all the players (myself included) complaining that you can get a C Store ship for less than a costume will be dead wrong.

You'll be able to get 3.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User

Good post.

I am forced to agree. However, I note that people with a lot of emotional investment in something are seldom happy to find out that they are not the intended or even desired audience/market for something that is part of/connected to their hobby, fandom, etc.
  • x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Maybe if it was some kind of gold-plated super armor with tons of great mods, then yea, but this stuff looks like they took it out of a dumpster(at least the 23c maco) and no extra mods whatsoever. I will never ever buy it.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Agree the prices are outrageous. Haven't read the entire thirteen pages, but did anyone else notice that the command vest is actually the one from Generations, and not TWOK?
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User

1. These items are not meant for newbies, or casuals, or players who otherwise have better things to spend their dil on.

Good post.
    Indeed. The best thing about Star Trek is keeping filthy poor people in their place.

If you can't afford Star Trek you don't deserve Star Trek.

Now, where is that Kelvin thread so I can tell those players their Trek is wrong?
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I've been wanting that vest since the game came out. Now I feel that I've been trolled. :/
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I see the next dilithium store item will be 3 million plus - bravo white knights!

And it'll be this, and only this:

latest?cb=20140305035335&path-prefix=en
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Don't tell people not to complain. And warpangel and others agreeing and praising them please face the truth: People are going to be mad about these prices and they quite frankly are and they should be. You don't have to like their opinion and if you don't then shut up or voice your own opinion. How do you think folks that are mad about these prices feel? They feel cheated because A)these are not account wide ulocks and B)they're expensive. Grow up and try to empathise with the other players. Seriously if you guys that post in here think you understand, want, or praise what Cryptic have done are actually making a difference or are making good posts then I have to disagree, but if that's how you feel fine post away just don't tell off the other players. I myself an LTS feel kind of instulted and middle fingered by this move. I've wanted all of those costumes, but now I might not buy them. But for sake of the Great Bird of the Galaxy don't tell off the part of the playerbase that hates these prices it's in bad taste. That's all I'm asking I don't care what else you do. Just a friendly request from a random Trek fan.

And Cryptic/Perfect World I need to ask you why did you do this? How can you do something like this? If you want to answer fine I would appreciate it. If you don't then that's fine, but understand that I am not happy about what you did. And if you don't change it I'm going to continue my displeasure with it. Just so you know where I stand on this. I don't usually if ever at all come on the forums or complain, but I had to complain or post or let's just say speak out about this because this is ridiculous. People come in here to relax and some people actually do come in here to grind. I would assume most wouldn't want to grind for a costume. Please look at the community's feedback. Think about what you did good or bad and learn from that. Just sayin'. That's all I'm saying on this.