What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    lindaleff wrote: »
    A million, just for one single uniform? TWO MILLION? And for that matter, you want to charge that much for a single-character uniform? There is NO WAY I am going to pay that much! Have you not done a bit of maths? Are you bound and determined to make us stop buying things? Because, in all honesty, you are doing a great job.

I will say here that I have been campaigning for years that the MACO uniform becomes available, and I am glad to see that finally be a thing. So, at the very least, thank you for doing that.

That said, I will NOT pay that much for any uniform, especially for one that is per single-character.

Once I jumped in game, I checked the Dilithium Exchange. As we all know by now, uniforms were recently raised to 550 Zen, but are account-wide unlocks. At current Dilithium Exchange prices, 550 Zen is 222,200 Dilithium. At the cost of a million Dilithium, that is 2,475 Zen, the price of a Tier-5 ship. Two million Dilithium is 4,950 Zen, the price of a Tier-5 bundle pack, such as Odyssey or Vesta.

So, for all of those uniforms, cut that price down to about 250,000 Dilithium, and make it an account-wide unlock. Either that, or make each be 50,000 per character, so it will add up to the same 250 once you buy on it each character. Do that, and I will absolutely buy it, and proudly wear it. It may even become my primary Starfleet uniform. We needed actual combat fatigues anyway.

The next thing you put something into game, do the maths to equalize the price.
    Speaking of math.....

1,700,000 dilithium (fleet discount) / 408 (dil/zen exchange rate at posting) = 4,166 zen
    200 Lobi Outfit / 5 Average lobi Per key = 40 Keys.... and 40 keys @ 4 total 10 packs = 4,500 zen

Well now, I guess the players should be doing the math before they make rage posts. Speaking of which, where are the rage threads about lobi outfit pricing? Could it just be that people are only mad because 1,700,000 fake currency units sounds a lot bigger than 200 fake currency units despite having nearly the same value? Perhaps.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    No. It's an experiment to see how much they can **** off the community.

How companies really work according to STO forums posters.

OK. For you, I'll chill and see where this "experiment" is going. I just hope Cryptic has the courtesy to use latex gloves like the Iconians do. :smirk:
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    A million, just for one single uniform? TWO MILLION? And for that matter, you want to charge that much for a single-character uniform? There is NO WAY I am going to pay that much! Have you not done a bit of maths? Are you bound and determined to make us stop buying things? Because, in all honesty, you are doing a great job.

I will say here that I have been campaigning for years that the MACO uniform becomes available, and I am glad to see that finally be a thing. So, at the very least, thank you for doing that.

That said, I will NOT pay that much for any uniform, especially for one that is per single-character.

Once I jumped in game, I checked the Dilithium Exchange. As we all know by now, uniforms were recently raised to 550 Zen, but are account-wide unlocks. At current Dilithium Exchange prices, 550 Zen is 222,200 Dilithium. At the cost of a million Dilithium, that is 2,475 Zen, the price of a Tier-5 ship. Two million Dilithium is 4,950 Zen, the price of a Tier-5 bundle pack, such as Odyssey or Vesta.

So, for all of those uniforms, cut that price down to about 250,000 Dilithium, and make it an account-wide unlock. Either that, or make each be 50,000 per character, so it will add up to the same 250 once you buy on it each character. Do that, and I will absolutely buy it, and proudly wear it. It may even become my primary Starfleet uniform. We needed actual combat fatigues anyway.

Speaking of math.....

1,700,000 dilithium (fleet discount) / 408 (dil/zen exchange rate at posting) = 4,166 zen
    200 Lobi Outfit / 5 Average lobi Per key = 40 Keys.... and 40 keys @ 4 total 10 packs = 4,500 zen

Well now, I guess the players should be doing the math before they make rage posts. Speaking of which, where are the rage threads about lobi outfit pricing? Could it just be that people are only mad because 1,700,000 fake currency units sounds a lot bigger than 200 fake currency units despite having nearly the same value? Perhaps.

It is still alot of fake currency gosh darn it.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Speaking of math.....

I agree with you to 100%, however what most try to point out is that in case of lobi outfits there is also the shortcut over the exchange. Also if one opens enough boxes to get 200 lobi, some other stuff that is in those boxes may have dropped that has some worth.

The way I see it the price is the same as for lobi outfits, there just isn’t a short cut this time. Perhaps there should not even be one as we talk about a direct aim here to take some pressure of the Dil exchange for f2p player.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I highly doubt anyone who puts any kind of time into any MMO has only one character.

I only have one on Neverwinter and Defiance. Used to run only one on WoW because I was focusing on her alone...

I have been proven wrong :)

I really am quite surprised by that as well, particularly with WoW (I had at least 3 characters on my first day trying to figure out what class to main, lol).

I'll adjust my statement and say that the vast majority of MMO players have more than one character.

I dunno... People on forums tend to be a bit more dedicated to the game, and this probably applies to games they used to play, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Besides…

Intended Dil sinks the past years as in quality upgrades of gear only seem to have worked in parts of our community (DPSer, min/maxer e.g.). They were forced to pull 10 times as much recourse as the average player on the strife for optimum. Since we play an easy game this is not unfair or something to whine over because it’s a highly optional thing to do.

Now it’s the “Space Barbie” communities turn. If one strives for exclusivity one better pays. If not no one will get hurt because with hundreds of low priced outfits available after 6+ years of STO nobody has to run through game naked.

thexindi_047.jpg
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ...In case of lobi outfits there is also the shortcut over the exchange.
    That is exactly my thoughts.
    Well now, I guess the players should be doing the math before they make rage posts. Speaking of which, where are the rage threads about lobi outfit pricing?
    The fleet discounts do not apply to the Dilithium Exchange. You cannot make a buy offer on the Dilithium Exchange, and then use a coupon to get a lower price. You pay the same price everyone else pays. So, my maths are from that direct price.

As for where are the threads about Lobi prices, I have made several rants about that. If you follow the $→Keys→Lobi, you pay somewhere around $300 per Lobi ship, the same as a Lifetime Subscription. If you simply sell the keys for EC, you will get that ship for only $25, which is equal to what it would be if it was in the C-Store. Although, keys are up to 5-6 million right now (thanks to the Infinite Lockbox), so you may be able to get that ship for only $15-$20 now. I will re-do that maths next time I log in, so I can give you a precise number.

In any case, that is why I let others open the gamble boxes, and I simply buy things off the Exchange.

In this case, these uniforms are bound to character. That means I cannot buy them from Exchange, no matter how much I wanted to. Due to this, I treat them the same as I would with C-Store uniforms.
    Post edited by lindaleff on
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The way I see it the price is the same as for lobi outfits, there just isn’t a short cut this time. Perhaps there should not even be one as we talk about a direct aim here to take some pressure of the Dil exchange for f2p player.
    There is a short cut though. Open up yer wallet. I don't see why they couldn't be unbound on pickup though. Nothing else in the "special items" tab is bind on pickup. No joke, I used to make a KILLING selling transwarp coils YEARS ago.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    Based on the prices of these items I can only conclude the STO devs were all busy and they had to borrow someone from the Neverwinter team to implement the new additions to the Dil store. Seriously, these kind of prices are what I associate with that game and the rampant player price gouging over there is one of the main reasons why I quit and never looked back about three months after launch over there.

And for those complaining that they've got dil burring a hole in their pockets but they don't play Fed? Not to worry, assuming these are a success I'm sure the often requested KDF captain's coat, high council robe, and Lursa and B'Etor style dresses will soon be available for 2 million dilithium each. OH! And some canon non-dreadlock Klingon hairstyles too. ;)
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I really wish people would stop comparing these to the lobi outfits. For one thing, there are more than one way to obtain the lobi outfits - buy keys with Zen, get lobi, buy uniform or you can buy the uniform straight from the exchange with EC.

There's only one way to get these new uniforms, and that with Dilithium. They're bind on pickup, so you can't sell or trade them.

It's really not the same.

Sure, you can buy Zen and sell it for Dilithium, but that just make the demand for Dilithium greater, which most likely isn't going to do much for reducing the price on the dil/zen exchange market. Maybe...probably most likely I'm looking at it the wrong way on the market thing, but the lobi store vs. dil store comparison doesn't really work.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    There is a short cut though. Open up yer wallet. I don't see why they couldn't be unbound on pickup though. Nothing else in the "special items" tab is bind on pickup. No joke, I used to make a KILLING selling transwarp coils YEARS ago.

Ah interesting, I never knew that. In my case MACO is the very first thing I ever got out of there :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I highly doubt anyone who puts any kind of time into any MMO has only one character.

I only have one on Neverwinter and Defiance. Used to run only one on WoW because I was focusing on her alone...

I have been proven wrong :)

I really am quite surprised by that as well, particularly with WoW (I had at least 3 characters on my first day trying to figure out what class to main, lol).

I'll adjust my statement and say that the vast majority of MMO players have more than one character.

I dunno... People on forums tend to be a bit more dedicated to the game, and this probably applies to games they used to play, too.

You don't need to be dedicated to have multiple characters, a simple "I wonder how this class plays" one day is all it takes. Note I did not say more than one main character :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Comparing the zen cost of a lobi costume to these is missing out on one massive difference though.
    If you opened the ~40 boxes you needed for the lobi you would probably get millions (or even billions if lucky) of EC worth of goodies to sell, with which you could probably buy other lobi stuff off the exchange with. Anything from a lockbox has more than just a zen price attached to it as it can nearly all be sold to other players.

For this 2mil Dilithium the only thing you get is a single character uniform, nothing else. I'd much sooner play the lockbox lottery than blow my dil/zen on that sort of pricing structure.
    They've actually managed to create something that is even worse value for money and more of a rip-off than the lock boxes...simply amazing.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Clearly they loved my post using all the face palms I could find so they did something even dumber in order to get me to use them again.

So without further ado, I give you ... All the facepalms. Part two.

tumblr_llbk43ege71qd5tdto1_500.gif
    star-trek-enterprise-animated-gif-37.gif
    X035o.gif
    jgee_f-maxage-0.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    But there is a "short cut"...

Cash for the Zen to convert into Dil... Which is still nearly 50 dollars, straight out of the box for the Maco outfit.

EDIT: And around 37 dollars for the 1.5 mil items, which I may add, are just a single piece of clothing (Jacket/vest)...
    For 1 character... :s

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I will re-do that maths next time I log in, so I can give you a precise number.
    Right. So I just logged in to do precisely that. Here we go.

Jem'Hadar Dreadnought: 800 Lobi
    Paradox Dreadnought: 900 Lobi

10-pack of keys: 1125 normally, or 956 during the sale

You (supposedly) get an average of 5 Lobi per box. That means you need to open 180 gamble boxes for the Paradox, or 160 for the Jem'Hadar. That comes to 20,250 Zen for the Paradox, or $202.50. For the Jem'Hadar, that is 18,000 Zen, or $180.00. So, they both are quite close to the sale price of a Lifetime Subscription if you just open gamble boxes.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Now, we look at selling keys. Keys are at 5,750,000 right now.

Jem'Hadar Dreadnought: 340 million EC
    Paradox Dreadnought: 330 million EC

If you sell 60 keys, that will give you 345,000,000 EC. You can buy that ship for $67.50 ($57.36 during the sale), and have EC left over.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Next, we look at a Lockbox ship, which is cheaper by nature. The Wells has been frequently falling to around 106 million this week. That adds up to 51 keys, which adds up to $57.50 ($48.86).

So, as you can see, buying ships off the Exchange means you only pay about 1/4 the price. Granted, Admiralty has caused the price of Lockbox ships to increase to the same Zen cost as a 3-ship set. But that is still better than paying $200. Leave that to the people who have nothing better to do with their pay checks. I will do the financially-responsible thing, and just buy the stuff off the Exchange for a significant discount.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    The fleet discounts do not apply to the Dilithium Exchange.
    When did I say that they apply to the dil exchange? They apply to the Dil Store.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I don't care what the math says...

$50.00+ Dollars, is a completely asinine price for ONE PIECE OF CLOTHING for ONE TOON!
    And anybody who pays that price either doesn't understand the value of money or doesn't give a chit.

smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    I will re-do that maths next time I log in, so I can give you a precise number.
    Right. So I just logged in to do precisely that. Here we go.

Jem'Hadar Dreadnought: 800 Lobi
    Paradox Dreadnought: 900 Lobi

10-pack of keys: 1125 normally, or 956 during the sale

You (supposedly) get an average of 5 Lobi per box. That means you need to open 180 gamble boxes for the Paradox, or 160 for the Jem'Hadar. That comes to 20,250 Zen for the Paradox, or $202.50. For the Jem'Hadar, that is 18,000 Zen, or $180.00. So, they both are quite close to the sale price of a Lifetime Subscription if you just open gamble boxes.

Now, we look at selling keys. Keys are at 5,750,000 right now.

Jem'Hadar Dreadnought: 340 million EC
    Paradox Dreadnought: 330 million EC

If you sell 60 keys, that will give you 345,000,000 EC. You can buy that ship for $67.50 ($57.36 during the sale), and have EC left over.

Next, we look at a Lockbox ship, which is cheaper by nature. The Wells has been frequently falling to around 106 million this week. That adds up to 51 keys, which adds up to $57.50 ($48.86).

So, as you can see, buying ships off the Exchange means you only pay about 1/4 the price. Granted, Admiralty has caused the price of Lockbox ships to increase to the same Zen cost as a 3-ship set. But that is still better than paying $200. Leave that to the people who have nothing better to do with their pay checks. I will do the financially-responsible thing, and just buy the stuff off the Exchange for a significant discount.
    Is there supposed to be some kind of point to this?
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    No one is saying Lobi store isn't messed up aswell. Most people just don't notice since its easy to throw in a few bucks and buy keys to get lobi.
    OR they buy the Lobi costumes off exchange for EC.

MEANWHILE, zenstore costumes still only cost 550zen, contain more parts, AND are account unlocked.
    So the dil and lobi costumes still cost 7-8 times more than the zen costumes, and contain less than most the zenstore costumes.

The dil store costumes are still overpriced! Knowing how much lobi cost doesn't change that.
    Besides, you also get other things beside lobi from opening lockboxes. The 4500 zen for 40keys doesn't go into buying the lobis alone.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    daveyny wrote: »

$50.00+ Dollars, is a completely asinine price for ONE PIECE OF CLOTHING for ONE TOON!
    And anybody who pays that price either doesn't understand the value of money or doesn't give a chit.

smh

Sorry, but 50 bucks is not that much if one goes out at Saturday where I live. Traveling to neighboring town to meet with a buddy, getting something nice to eat, watch Star Trek Beyond in cinema, go to a pub for a few beers. Did that last weekend. Money is all gone but I had a good time.

Now tell me, why shouldn’t I spend the same within a videogame I play for 3 hours during weekdays for something I like to have? :)

(Not that I needed too, I sit on millions of Dil after 4 years of STO)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    $50 for the Temporal ship pack which could be used on all of my characters

or

$50 for a uniform on one character?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I think 500k-1m would be a better price range for these outfits.

I think at 1.5-2m that hardly anyone will buy them and they wont sink out much dil.

@borticuscryptic

still too expensive. for 32k we can buy a rep gear (useful thing). 500k no thx, 200k no thx, 100k no thx. for me, my AOY toon is already a dil sink. (f..... upgrade system)
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

I think at 1.5-2m that hardly anyone will buy them and they wont sink out much dil.

@borticuscryptic

And they really, really should be account-wide. That would also get a lot more buyers. (Not me, not for a while at least - like I said, I have bigger plans for my Zen stash right now, but if the time comes when I can afford to get rid of that much dilithium, it certainly won't be for anything less than an account unlock or a metric ton of character unlocks like giving reputation sets to most of my characters.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016

@borticuscryptic
    for me, my AOY toon is already a dil sink. (f..... upgrade system)

Fascinating, how do u managed that? Before AoY I had 9 toons sitting on 2mil+ unrefined Dil. A month later I have 9 toons still sitting at 2mil+ unrefined Dil and 1 new one sitting at 0,5mil. Sure there are some kick starter costs involved but they will pay off in the long run as I can now refine 80k instead of 72k each day.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

smh

Sorry, but 50 bucks is not that much if one goes out at Saturday where I live. Traveling to neighboring town to meet with a buddy, getting something nice to eat, watch Star Trek Beyond in cinema, go to a pub for a few beers. Did that last weekend. Money is all gone but I had a good time.

Now tell me, why shouldn’t I spend the same within a videogame I play for 3 hours during weekdays for something I like to have? :)

50$ spent with your friend is the not the same thing that 50$ spent for a virtual object.
    Not that I needed too, I sit on millions of Dil after 4 years of STO

great for you, but you don't represent all the players. Have a thought for newcomers, they must be already disappointed by the kelvin lockbox joke, and now these insane prices. there is like a elitism smell in the air.

• Options
    edited July 2016

smh

50$ spent with your friend is the not the same thing that 50$ spent for a virtual object.
    Not that I needed too, I sit on millions of Dil after 4 years of STO

great for you, but you don't represent all the players. Have a thought for newcomers, they must be already disappointed by the kelvin lockbox joke, and now these insane prices. there is like a elitism smell in the air.

When I was new in STO a few years back I also opened the Dil store and saw EV suites for insane prizes (think 300k). I thought to myself “damn that's expensive I can’t afford it, but perhaps someday I can”. New players interested enough in STO will keep on playing whether they do it in a maco suit or not…
    animated.gif