Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    warpangel wrote: »
    a
    farmallm wrote: »
    The ones fussing is funny.

They don't have issues buying stuff from the Lobi or large items like KU ships, but they can't take a outfit. The Emotion is strong on this.
    Yes. The complainers must want these outfits very badly. After all, nobody needs a 10-page (and counting) thread filled with expletives and personal insults just to say "I don't think it's worth the price, so I'm not going to buy it."

Exactly as planned. Sinks like this are based on envy, after all.

Many gamers who really wants it, they will go for it. I know one fellow who loves the consul games. He gets every thing that game has to offer before calling it finished.

I think those prices are steep, but yet I think most things on this game is steep. Since my gaming time is limited. But you know what, I will do what I have to do to get it. IF I want it bad enough. Even though it will take me a long time. Like my Delta, I'm like 2 Andorian weapons away from having her ship ready to go. And it took me months to get there.

I like the TWOK engineer jacket and Maco. The Engineer jacket isn't that expensive. I can get it in due time. The Maco will take longer, since my AOY is low level. These prices are comparable to the Lobi. So of course they won't be cheap. Lobi store stuff is very expensive.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @roebotsixtyfive
    Not even close to right, with admiralty and such I often have more than 8k as soon as I collect all rewards, takes about 30 seconds to click through everything, another few minutes to set up new missions and then off to another character. Can easily cycle through 10 characters in 2 hours, might have to go mine some dill on one or two toons, maybe 5 minutes, especially when I have some mining claims (which mostly sit unused in my account bank) .

All this talk of "no human can do this" is just hyperbole, and not even very good hyperbole.

I agree, if someone wants it bad enough. They will "farm" it out. Eventually in time, I may get the 2 items I want. But don't expect me to do it in a short time period.

I think they did it for these reasons. One to get people to play more cause here is something you will love. Now play for it. Second is to promote sells. Buy Zen, throw on it on the exchange. And there is a lot of Dil for you. Now you can buy it that way.

Who knows IF enough complains and it don't work. They may lower the prices.

I'm glad they doing this to the Dil store. As it helps others get items as well.

• Options
    On the contrary that was the only thing approaching a point in roebot's little rant there.

I have 3 working on the Admiralty at this time. I hope to have a 4th once I get my Delta going. I got stuck gearing up her ship for an "Andorian" theme. Even with the 3 I have going at it, I saw my Dil amount really grow. By time I get my Delta going, AOY going, and my "Space Battleship Yamato" going. I know I will have a nice Dil amount coming.

• Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    Not gonna buy it, not for these prices and hardly ever if it's per character, even if i had 10 times the Dilithium for it.
    They clearly have lost their minds.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Sure we can. Then everyone can tell Azrael605 I told you so.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    There now is no chance in h*ll you are going to get the price reduced on this stuff. Too many farmers went out and bought this stuff as soon as it dropped that they'd have a riot on their hands if they did so.

For point of comparison, how much has the price been reduced on those ridiculously overpriced colored EV Suits over the years? None right. So don't count on it.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    There now is no chance in h*ll you are going to get the price reduced on this stuff. Too many farmers went out and bought this stuff as soon as it dropped that they'd have a riot on their hands if they did so.

For point of comparison, how much has the price been reduced on those ridiculously overpriced colored EV Suits over the years?None right. So don't count on it.

It's not completely out of the question. They could:

A ) reimburse early purchasers the difference

B ) make it account unlock for early purchasers as compensation

Or C ) not comment on demands for reimbursement (the Nagus giveaway is proof this can work)

It's highly unlikely though
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    @meimeitoo

Really? I have 16 characters now with my new AoY character, the last 6 of them have started with mk II vr equipment that was upgraded to mk x as they levelled before being scrapped or augmented with fleet, rep, and mission reward items. Then sometimes when I log onto a character I haven't used in a while I will just scrap their entire set- up and start over crafting and upgrading gear because I feel like it. I've never found it hard to do this.

Yes, really. I only truly Upgraded my main. And I already spent so much on it, that I was deemed a very loyal customer, worthy of receiving the gold ship + swag box. :P But seriously, I can really only afford one fully Upgraded toon. I can't begin to fathom the cost of having to get all my good consoles Epic on my alt too. But if I ever decided to do so, was my point, I would need every drop of Dilithium I have for it. So, no wasting it on MACO Costumes for me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    I have 11 Toons, but I don't not use any of them as "farmers".
    That is not the way I play this game, I play to have fun, not make it a second job.
    <shrug>
    That's pretty much my take on all of this.

2016. The 50th Grind-iversary of Star Trek. :p Assuming this is an experiment, I'm comfortable waiting for the anniversary date to pass. I may also wait for the week of Halloween. Cryptic usually offers a discount on costumes that week.
    Post edited by psiameese on
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    They made two mistakes. There's an extra zero on the right (maybe two) for each price and where it says character bound it should be account bound.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Ahhhh!

These outfits have been requested for a long time. The prices on them is retaliation for people getting mad that a few people got a gold plated ferengi ship.

It certainly isn't an experiment to see if it would fix the dil/zen exchange, because that's actually a little higher then yesterday.

No. It's an experiment to see how much they can TRIBBLE off the community.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    He's partially right. It's an experiment or a 1-sided negotiation. If people buy then the next thing will be 3 million. If not it will be 1.5 million. It's pretty much that simple - they are starting ridiculously high so that if they come down a little later they will seem nice.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    If it costed, say 100000, wouldn0t they sell more of them?
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    No. It's an experiment to see how much they can **** off the community.

How companies really work according to STO forums posters.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    A fleetmate of mine and I actually came up with a good idea. Make the outfit boxes NOT be bind on pickup. STILL acts as a sink, but gives some of the casuals who can't grind out that much DL without spending a year to do so a way to get it via selling on the Exchange.

Average price that way would probably be around 50 mil again, like the Lobi outfits typically are.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    unfortunately the uniform prices are not far off what they should be. I just wish they were account wide or just put in the z-store. I'd rather just bite the bullet once and buy an account unlock.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    [quote="johnnymo1;13012743"]unfortunately the uniform prices are not far off what they should be. I just wish they were account wide or just put in the z-store. I'd rather just bite the bullet once and buy an account unlock.[/quote]

Provided you use Lobi as your benchmark...

Now, base that on Zen and you get a different figure... assuming 500 Dil/Zen, you are looking at 275k Dil (500 x 550 = 275,000) for a full account unlock outfit.
  • Options
    lugianitelugianite Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ok. I am going to be blunt.
    Cryptic... You done TRIBBLE up!
    Seriously, the only people who can get these are : The people who are willing to dump money into your game, or Farmers. Sorry you cannot think of a better pricing or reason for this TRIBBLE. I honestly think you should release them on the Zen store for 5$-10$ each account unlock! And for roughly 50$ of work, you have CHARACTER unlock? What the hell? No! NO! NO!! You DON'T do this TRIBBLE... EVER with that.

Luckily, I have a few suggestions to make this gripe go away...
    1) Take away 2 zeroes. Keep character unlock.
    2) Take away 1 Zero, Account wide unlock.

This should not take 3 to 5 months of work for that. And before some idiots respond with 'This game needs a dilithium sink', there are /plenty/ of those... Look at upgrading if you have THAT much dilithium.

Thank you for reading, and just know, I love the AoY content and think it feels amazing! Just this TRIBBLE... needs to disappear.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    A fleetmate of mine and I actually came up with a good idea. Make the outfit boxes NOT be bind on pickup. STILL acts as a sink, but gives some of the casuals who can't grind out that much DL without spending a year to do so a way to get it via selling on the Exchange.

Average price that way would probably be around 50 mil again, like the Lobi outfits typically are.

Actually anything less than 250-300 mil EC would be a loss compared to using that same amount of dil/zen to buy keys and sell them on the exchange. (I'm basing this on the 50 bucks it cost me to buy 2 million dil at a 400:1 exchange rate)

So, these uniforms, when converted to EC, have about the same price as some lockbox/lobi ships ... wow
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    The prices might be a bit excessive, but I get the feeling its an experiment.

I don't know that they can justifiably lower the prices once even a single person buys one, but perhaps we can expect other things to be added at more reasonable (on the order of 500k-1m dil) prices depending how this goes.

Interestingly, I have yet to see a single person wearing any of these on Holodeck yet.

Secondly, I think we should all have learned from the Gold Nagus of Unwavering Support that Cryptic is quite comfortable doing whatever they want while maintaining strict radio silence and a "deny 'til you die" attitude. They would have less than no problem ignoring the biblical flood of eTears spewing from the whale blowholes that would result from dropping prices on these if they choose to. I almost sort of expect it, so Geko could make sure everyone gets a taste of what both sides of his epic trolling pimp-hand's five fingers have to say to their faces. I'd kind of admire it, honestly.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I saw 4 different people today wearing these outfits, so I'm going to guess that the number of units sold is more than 0.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    I saw 4 different people today wearing these outfits, so I'm going to guess that the number of units sold is more than 0.​​

Make that 6. A buddy of mine and I purchased it and tailored around at fleet Dil mine. We are extremely shy and were afraid that we would get more hate tells like the ones we got for our JJ ships. :#

Hard to deliver to peeps that neither for latest lock box ships nor for the M.A.C.O. outfits any RL money was necessary. Think in my case I got both for just playing the game the past 21 days given the refinement cap of my 10 characters. EC is a bit faster to grab. Don't get me wrong, we support STO from time to time with RL money just found it in these cases not to be nessesary.

I’m not that sad that the M.A.C.O. outfit is char bound. Nothing new after Lobi outfits and I would not see any reason to have the outfit on multiple of my alts (only 1 toon of mine is a M.A.C.O. and he got it).

The outfit itself is quiet cool. One gets an exclusive jacket, pants, gloves, shoes, belt and back pack (as chest gear) with it so at least a bit for ones investment of choice. All interactive with the regular uniform catagory. Atm it looks like 1-2 color options are a bit broken because they don’t change anything on the outfit itself. Hope cryptic fixes this. Even if not there is more than enough room to customize the outfit towards individual preferences.

HUE!

latest?cb=20080503231312&path-prefix=en
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    A million, just for one single uniform? TWO MILLION? And for that matter, you want to charge that much for a single-character uniform? There is NO WAY I am going to pay that much! Have you not done a bit of maths? Are you bound and determined to make us stop buying things? Because, in all honesty, you are doing a great job.

I will say here that I have been campaigning for years that the MACO uniform becomes available, and I am glad to see that finally be a thing. So, at the very least, thank you for doing that.

That said, I will NOT pay that much for any uniform, especially for one that is per single-character.

Once I jumped in game, I checked the Dilithium Exchange. As we all know by now, uniforms were recently raised to 550 Zen, but are account-wide unlocks. At current Dilithium Exchange prices, 550 Zen is 222,200 Dilithium. At the cost of a million Dilithium, that is 2,475 Zen, the price of a Tier-5 ship. Two million Dilithium is 4,950 Zen, the price of a Tier-5 bundle pack, such as Odyssey or Vesta.

So, for all of those uniforms, cut that price down to about 250,000 Dilithium, and make it an account-wide unlock. Either that, or make each be 50,000 per character, so it will add up to the same 250 once you buy on it each character. Do that, and I will absolutely buy it, and proudly wear it. It may even become my primary Starfleet uniform. We needed actual combat fatigues anyway.

The next thing you put something into game, do the maths to equalize the price.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.