test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I'm assuming the ships in the ops packs are the ships we'll get anyway in the Expansion since these versions are specifically Temporal Daedalus class or what have you and just like with the Romulans there'll only really be one to choose from when you rank up.

We won't "get them anyway" (we'll have to buy them) because there will be alternate "freebie" ships as we level. There's a pic of the Pioneer (a nice looking little ship, imho) on the current info page, hinting at more being available to keep is era-appropriate while we play through the Episode arc.

Yeah what I meant by get them anyway related purely to the design. Like say Daedalus (easiest to remember) will be available however the Temporal Daedalus will be zen store/ops pack
  • firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Out of curiosity, will the Nautilus be able to use costumes from the Research Science Vessel and the Sagittarius be able to use costumes from the Heavy Cruiser?
    Post edited by firstaid#5667 on
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You can make your T6 Nautilus look like the Daedalus if you own it.....
    The same goes with the T6 Theseus, if you own the Perseus. The T6 Sagittarius, if you own the Gemini. And the T6 Paladin, if you own the Ranger. So you can have an endgame T6 temporal power vessel that looks retro. Cool huh!? I wanna do that.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    Dang, I thought I was not going beyond 6 'toons... :o

I must admit I also had not originally planned on going beyond 6 toons either. I have one of each from FED (TAC, ENG, SCI), so to add a TAC ROM I'd have one of each there as well, so only my KDF ENG might get lonely. So perhaps I may try the new character and still buy two more, this of course leads to more ships needing to be acquired down the road.

Now it did seem pretty clear in the original annoucement, like Delta Recruitment they'll give an additional character slot. So we'll likely only get one new character to explore with, possibly each faction has different events to correct, yet this is still a great gift for the community, and those who want more can acquire them if they so choose. We'll possibly see a return to some gifts once again from the Temporal Agent, and for those who buy additional characters to earn a few additionals bonus handouts.

This was exactly what occured at the Temporal Agent during Delta Event. I had looked forward to seeing something like this when the tribble mission from Cardassian series was removed, and wanted to see a return to some more missions with time travel, be they in an event weekend at Starfleet or Klingon Academy Holodeck's recreated, or integrated into the story by the temporal agent. I remember then suggesting Chechov or Sulu returning because they are so well regarded by many early star trek fan's; both have great vocal variety and would make for some fun story telling. I can only say I'm truly looking forward to how this all comes together but it will be exciting! Hopefully we'll even get some added voice introduced to Scotty's character for the existing mission we meet up with him on the Starbase when the Devidians first attacked as we had heard from Spock.

For now we'll just have to wait as information is released. I like many have implied it will intigrate throughout the existing story arc's if not right away later on down the road coordinated with temporal agents. As of today it's looking like it's own faction or mini faction like Romulan's are to FED or KDF. I suspect we'll choose Temporal Agent then choose are faction allegance either FED, KDF or ROM. Those temporal agent I suspect will start back in the 23rd Century progress through the 24th then onto the 25th century merging in when the Iconcian's start to try to tear apart the alliance? Yet I've also hear talk of some future missions to the 29th century yet we have those in FUTURE PROOF so hopefully regardless if your FED, KDF or ROM or a Temporal agent the story aligns at around level 40 so all Captain's can still play together, join fleets, and challenge STFs.

I'll admit I would still like to see a few more time travel missions or perhaps the ones for FED will be updated with Scotty getting some voice acting from his son for the missions you find yourself back on the starbase with Bones & our Miracle Worker.

Regardless I think it will make a great addition & I'm looking forward to it.

<3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Something just occured to me being a LTS holder. If they are making TOS a fourth faction (mini or half faction similar to the Roms whatever), then adding to the veterans rewards to allow for a TOS veteran ship and little veteran uniform baubles and TOS veteran shuttle, etc, would go along with a new faction then.
    Then along that same line of logic they could add a new playable species exclusive to LTS holders, just like they made a playable Talaxian with the Delta Rising expansion.

IF it is indeed a new faction then this is a logical conclusion.

Now what species (of any real significance) remains unplayable from the TOS era they can make playable for the LTS? Tholian? Cheron? M113? Horta? Mugato? Tribble? Coridanian Pygmies?
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I'm assuming the ships in the ops packs are the ships we'll get anyway in the Expansion since these versions are specifically Temporal Daedalus class or what have you and just like with the Romulans there'll only really be one to choose from when you rank up.

Assuming you play more than 10 levels in the TOS era....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Something just occured to me being a LTS holder. If they are making TOS a fourth faction (mini or half faction similar to the Roms whatever), then adding to the veterans rewards to allow for a TOS veteran ship and little veteran uniform baubles and TOS veteran shuttle, etc, would go along with a new faction then.
    Then along that same line of logic they could add a new playable species exclusive to LTS holders, just like they made a playable Talaxian with the Delta Rising expansion.

IF it is indeed a new faction then this is a logical conclusion.

Now what species (of any real significance) remains unplayable from the TOS era they can make playable for the LTS? Tholian? Cheron? M113? Horta? Mugato? Tribble? Coridanian Pygmies?
    Efrosians! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    delliboy wrote: »
    Whee is the expansion pack located
    delliboy wrote: »
    Whee is the expansion pack located

Yes where is this pack located I can not find it
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I don't know if this has been asked yet, there are 25 pages worth of posts when I made this post.

But I was wondering if we'll see more Andorian, Tellerite, and Vulcan ship's from the TOS era as player usable ships?

Would it also include the future Vulcan ship shown in Star Trek Enterprise episode "Future Tense", the one with three Warp Rings instead of the one Warp Ring the D'kyr has? Or maybe a version of it, since the data shown for the three warp ring ship as retrofitted, so it's quite possible the design was around during the 31st Century with other 31st Century ships we have already seen, I believe.

Guess we'll wait for answers to these and other questions from future dev blogs about the new expansion as more information is released? :)
    All the ships shown so far have been Starfleet themed and not themed on any race.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I see the REDSHIRT server is gone again.
    So when it comes back I'm assuming all the AoY stuff will be on Tribble.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Probably not all at once. :)
  • misoratkovacmisoratkovac Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    We're pleased to announce Agents of Yesterday, the third full expansion to Star Trek Online!

Delve into the past this Summer 2016.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Please STOP with time travel and hisotry! You have all time/space at your disposal and yet you are going back. WHY? I started to play STO because story is after TNG era...An now we are going to TOS era. What is next? ENT, meeting with Vulkans. WW3, WW2, WW1,...killing Indians....Discovering America?....and at the end Q with that temporal anomaly. Tears.

Where are Playable Cardasians? Dominion....

We are shifting foes like socks. elachi, iconians, voth, bla bla bla....

U can make one new expansion and u can try to balance game. It is all about dps and eng/sci captains/ships are more less useless. Rewamp STFs. Make tanks more relevant. Make sci/repair/heal/debuf more relevant. Make 1engi,1sci,3dps Queues for stfs. Put some Gear limitations for entering Adv/elite STFs. Make raids. with 10 or/and 20men. Make loot reward better. Make ppl play weekly raid(large team) STFs - Fleet actions. Story was good before. It is still good. But game is completely BUYtoWIN. and just farm marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks, marks,...

I would like someone to answer me why You cant go itno the future? is 1409/1410 final years in Star Trek universum? :)

I love ST but this is too much...stupid story...hi story...no new things...no story....no exploration...I am sad.
    Flota/Fleet: TNT Grupa
    Drzava/Country: BiH/Bosnia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2016
    It seems that you are totally ignoring the fact that this year is the 50th Anniversary of the Classic (and FIRST) Star Trek Television Show.

To expect the game designers to completely ignore that is more than a bit on the self-indulgent side.

You should actually be very happy.

If it weren't for the 1960's show, you'd have absolutely NOTHING to look forward to because this game wouldn't even exist.

Take a moment and think about it...

You don't have to like Classic Trek, but you really should have a bit of RESPECT for it.

B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • misoratkovacmisoratkovac Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    It seems that you are totally ignoring the fact that this year is the 50th Anniversary of the Classic (and FIRST) Star Trek Television Show.

To expect the game designers to completely ignore that is more than a bit on the self-indulgent side.

If it weren't for the 1960's show, you'd have absolutely NOTHING to look forward to because this game wouldn't even exist.

You don't have to like Classic Trek, but you really should have a bit of RESPECT for it.

B)

I do like classic trek and I have respect for it.
    Voyager is latest (by Star Trek date) TV show. After that there was TNG movie Nemesis. And STO at the end.
    Would you be pissed if they make new TV show 2017 as direct seq to TOS because of "50 years anniv."?
    There are different ways to celebrate anniversary. Events, lockboxes....But Expansion....is too much.

Flota/Fleet: TNT Grupa
    Drzava/Country: BiH/Bosnia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2016
    daveyny wrote: »

B)

I do like classic trek and I have respect for it.
    Voyager is latest (by Star Trek date) TV show. After that there was TNG movie Nemesis. And STO at the end.
    Would you be pissed if they make new TV show 2017 as direct seq to TOS because of "50 years anniv."?
    There are different ways to celebrate anniversary. Events, lockboxes....But Expansion....is too much.
    I would be extremely pleased actually, but I certainly don't expect that.

It's only "too much" in your estimation, most everyone else is ok with it.

You do realize that the game designers aren't just going to stop creating new stuff for the game once this particular expansion has been added, right?

SO just because right now you aren't getting exactly what 'you' want, it doesn't mean that it won't eventually be added to the game.
    B)
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Agents of Yesterday Seems like a new game more than just a expansion, So I take it we can't use are old captains doing this?
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    Agents of Yesterday Seems like a new game more than just a expansion, So I take it we can't use are old captains doing this?
    It will be a new faction, AFAIK.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    For the recruitment event there will be account wide unlocks or rewards, as I understand it.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Well. No t6 connie or ship I can super impose the look on I see. It also appears that the zen ships are freaking amazing looking in the lower tiers and then for some inexplicable reason go to being those nasty TRIBBLE futuristic space wedges or sovereign class styled as you approach t6. Well that turned me off. I want t1-6 TOS only era spacecraft, I don't want more cryptic akira v12 in the 29th century b.s. I know you will be able to wear the costumes of the TOS era on those monstrosities but at 129.99 flying tos era versions of those things are just beyond my scope at the moment. if it was a collection of ships much like they did with the Romulans then maybe, they all coincided and fit together. we'll see I guess, but frankly I wanted a bit more than that PW, Cryptic.
    And They have already said that what we have seen so for isn't the bulk of it.
    There is apparently much more to come.
    B)
    Yeah, LoR added a LOT more stuff than JUST the Romulan faction.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    qjunior wrote: »
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Sparhawk (Eddings fan?), most of the new ships appear to be for a new faction. Your existing characters won't need new slots for them.

Only the Oroborus and Eternal have been confirmed to be cross-faction

Where do people get the idea from that there will be a new faction ? It irritates me that this is some fact everyone talks about, while nothing so far really suggests that. :#

They confirmed new faction today if I read it correctly:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9962533

It looks like a mini Faction. You choose Temporal Agent as a starting point, choose your Faction & Race, that places you as a sub faction aligned with either FED, KDF or ROM it seems... It's looking like the first missions to around level 40 will be entirely new following a different timeline, yet will integrate in or around the time the Iconcian's start using servitor races to change the alliance.

I suspect everything will merge in around the same period, and temporal agents roles if that's your Captain is to ensure the Iconcian's don't destroy the alliance, we've also seen talk of travel to the 29th century... But that's already occured in FUTURE PROOF. So hopefully be the time Captain's are level 40-60 we'll once again be on a unified path forward even as Temporal Agents who role is to preserve the timeline.

:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Unless I'm missing something... if 31st century ships contemporary with the Enterprise J are available in a pack... and we have (until now) been dealing with 29th century Starfleet time travellers, then the implication is that actually at some point we *will* be going forward... perhaps even participating in the battle for Procyon V.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    so I have a buddy with a lifetime sub and he was super excited for AoY then he got on tribble... his SPOILER FREE opinion is:
    some good artwork, some nice reproductions of some classic scenes in very tiny maps, but typical cryptic writing, spock being the worst of the worst. Just thrown together, and two missions super short done. Nothing special, and I count 4 more missions in the "Agents of yesterday" with nothing else showing. I mean I liked it, and I felt like it was written for a 6 year old also and super rushed. I hope they got quite a bit more story arcs to go, the map shows it could be nice, but ugg writing and their one dimentional designs.

this is super depressing
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You do not have to buy the pack you know, the expansion, like the entire game, is free to play. The pack is just extra toys.
    I know that very well, but I was truly willing to spend $ on TOS era ships (extra toys I hunger for), not skins on 29th century ships.

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    so I have a buddy with a lifetime sub and he was super excited for AoY then he got on tribble... his SPOILER FREE opinion is:
    some good artwork, some nice reproductions of some classic scenes in very tiny maps, but typical cryptic writing, spock being the worst of the worst. Just thrown together, and two missions super short done. Nothing special, and I count 4 more missions in the "Agents of yesterday" with nothing else showing. I mean I liked it, and I felt like it was written for a 6 year old also and super rushed. I hope they got quite a bit more story arcs to go, the map shows it could be nice, but ugg writing and their one dimentional designs.

this is super depressing

And that is probably the reason they don't make it available to the general public. Because it's not finished. What he could see on Tribble right now has mission-halting bugs and lacks any voice over.

The reason it's on Tribble is so they can see how well things work and identify bugs. It's not there to show the full glory of the final result, because the full glory of the final result is not done yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

this is super depressing

And that is probably the reason they don't make it available to the general public. Because it's not finished. What he could see on Tribble right now has mission-halting bugs and lacks any voice over.

The reason it's on Tribble is so they can see how well things work and identify bugs. It's not there to show the full glory of the final result, because the full glory of the final result is not done yet.

considering the quality of writing in STO lately? I'm betting that is what we'll see in the finished product... I hope you're right but I'm bettin against ya