What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

Does Chris Doohan have the same accent as his father had? In that case, this is going to be even more awesome :)

-> http://www.startrekcontinues.com/ check it out yourself ...

Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Here's a better question....Are the devs FORCING players to buy the new packs just to play the arc, or will players that don't buy the packs be stuck with a T1 ship?
  • Options
    darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    will probbly function same as romulans did
  • Options
    frenchtoasterfrenchtoaster Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    No, you shouldn't be pleased about this. Not one bit.

I mean, this would be an awesome seasonal update to launch in September, which would've made more sense around the time of the 50th anniversary. But a rushed "expansion" in the summer? And what makes this an expansion anyway? A fed oriented micro-faction in the TOS era? With no new gameplay mechanics or systems, excluding specializations or reps? Color me disappointed.

Now I'm wondering what you actually have planned in September since you're holding a celebration of the Original Series this early.

I don't follow you, this isn't released as content yet. It will probably be released in August/September.
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Whee is the expansion pack located
  • Options
    darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    so to answer the question were you forced to buy the romulan pack to make a romulan, no
  • Options
    canadacjcanadacj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I originally bought this through Cryptic, but now use it through Steam. Will the Temporal Agent Pack be available on Steam or do I have to revert to using ARC?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i also wonder what ship designs cryptic are bringing out for those on on rank up for free. i can imagine the soyuz and miranda class being in operation at this point but those ships like likely be a higher tier, *fingers crossed t5 at least with upgrade ability*

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Oh, I think a little PSA is in order:

>>> YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY THE 120 DOLLAR BUNDLE TO PLAY THE EXPANSION <<<

When Delta Rising came out, quite a few people went out of their way and bought the Delta pack thinking they bought the expansion. It would be really nice of Cryptic to clarify this publicly and without a doubt.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    steven74205steven74205 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I want to get excited about this, I really do, but until I know more, I'm rather ambivalent. Yes, it's good that there's new content, yes, it's good that you get to play in TOS-Era ships (because really, who doesn't love a bit of classic-Trek?) but, the game we currently have starts in 2409, and all the content goes from there. So, how would these new characters that we create fit into the existing infrastructure?

On the plus side, once we've ground our way through the new content, there's shiny new baubles for the other toons. But, I'm going to reserve judgement until I know more about it.
  • Options
    murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    No, you shouldn't be pleased about this. Not one bit.

I mean, this would be an awesome seasonal update to launch in September, which would've made more sense around the time of the 50th anniversary. But a rushed "expansion" in the summer? And what makes this an expansion anyway? A fed oriented micro-faction in the TOS era? With no new gameplay mechanics or systems, excluding specializations or reps? Color me disappointed.

Now I'm wondering what you actually have planned in September since you're holding a celebration of the Original Series this early.

I don't follow you, this isn't released as content yet. It will probably be released in August/September.

It says summer 2016, but here in my country is already autumn
    IInLzhi.gif
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Do current players get a free character slot or 2 just for this event? Is all 3 factions, Romulan, KDF, AND Fed going to be included? Will we get a new ship as we climb the ranks? Are the new ships only available for purchase from the C-store? If the ships are available for purchase only, then are those that can't afford $130 for the new pack going to be left out in the dust? Many more questions than answers.

I am going to bump this persons questions, and add one, what if any content is going to be added for "existing" characters?.

Or are we just expected to pretty much abandon them and participate with a new character in this new era.

Some answers about this need to be released, and if there is "no" new content for existing characters, well lol.

Im going to trumpet the more questions than answers statement, and no this isn't a "complaint" post.

• Options
    canadacj wrote: »
    I originally bought this through Cryptic, but now use it through Steam. Will the Temporal Agent Pack be available on Steam or do I have to revert to using ARC?

likely through PWE's preferred system.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    canadacj wrote: »

The Pack is just a bunch of special ships & costumes (which will probably also be available in the C-Store in-game) ... the actual Expansion is "free", and it's not going to matter how you'll log into the game ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    I have a few questions:
    1) Will old captains be able to play the new episode arc, or will this be locked to temporal recruits?
    2) How many new missions are each of the factions going to get for this?
    3) Will temporal recruits be able to play both these new missions, and the old?
    4) Other than the ships in the pack, how many new ships are the factions going to get? (Will Klingons and Romulans get any?)
    5) Can we get a more specific date than "summer" for the launch of the new expansion?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Federation Part II- The Electric Boogaloo.

Thanks for the reminder that there are better things to do than play this game when summer comes around. That was the point, right?
  • Options
    I have a few questions:
    1) Will old captains be able to play the new episode arc, or will this be locked to temporal recruits?
    4) Other than the ships in the pack, how many new ships are the factions going to get? (Will Klingons and Romulans get any?)
    5) Can we get a more specific date than "summer" for the launch of the new expansion?

I'm sure all of these questions will be answered in the coming days/weeks as they release more announcements, as it is written in the release: "This is only the first of many blog posts with detailed information on everything that’s shipping with Agents of Yesterday, so stay tuned and I’ll see you in game!"
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgavD96jds

And on another note thanks but no thanks.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    bravo cryptic... you have successfully figured out how to get me to spend $130 on STO again...
    I am excited as all hell for this expansion, but at the same time, disappointed as all hell it seems to be Fed only
  • Options
    I don't understand how some people have already brought the pack. How is this possible?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Have to admit, I'm not a massive TOS fan. However, I am super excited for this and totally plan on picking up that ship pack as some of those ships just look beautiful. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    Oh I see it. As Much as I like to get it. 129.00 is a bit steep for me. I'll just play the game normal and buy the ships that interest me.
  • Options
    delliboy wrote: »
    I don't understand how some people have already brought the pack. How is this possible?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/918-temporal-special-agent-pack

You can purchase it
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    how long is the $99 offer gonna last for the "temporal special agent" pack?
  • Options
    rather have more information before i spend anything.
    Research is always a must before buying something.
  • Options
    frasier13frasier13 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Looking forward to this (mainly because it's some new content). My excitement level will depend on how much and quality of said new content. If I could level a new toon all the way to 60 in the new expansion I will be happy...if I have to complete my leveling in DR/Iconian War stuff I would rather take shots of Drano.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Im also a teensy bit hopeful we get to advance into movie era?? please PLEASE?! IM BEGGIN HERE!!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    hope this isnt a one sided facion expansion otheriwse it will be just incomplete, if the roms and klinks are not included
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I have a few questions:

Intersting questions also,

1) My guess is this will be new char, temporal recruit exclusive, as i said, "my guess".
    2) Im going to say no.
    3) Also going to say no, again, speculation.
    4) Klingons, Romulans?, where are they going to base from, i would think they would have to redo both Qo' Nos, as well as Romulus to do this so they have a base to operate from, i honestly don't see Cryptic doing this, i may be wrong, i'll bet im not.
    5) Cryptic?, lol.