test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User

And that is probably the reason they don't make it available to the general public. Because it's not finished. What he could see on Tribble right now has mission-halting bugs and lacks any voice over.

The reason it's on Tribble is so they can see how well things work and identify bugs. It's not there to show the full glory of the final result, because the full glory of the final result is not done yet.

I know the Tribble build being riddled with bugs is to be expected but hearing the mission admiral suddenly go "I'm not afraid of the Tal Shiar" was so funny and I was enjoying watching the NPCs sliding across the map. It was a decent flavour of what's to come, cameos aplenty. I'm only in it for the temporal shenanigans as I don't like TOS but the first two missions were enjoyable enough.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Unless I'm missing something... if 31st century ships contemporary with the Enterprise J are available in a pack... and we have (until now) been dealing with 29th century Starfleet time travellers, then the implication is that actually at some point we *will* be going forward... perhaps even participating in the battle for Procyon V.

The Enterprise-J (and the battle of Procyon V) were late 26th century. That means that it is as old to the 29th century folks as the NX-01 is to our 2410 people. By the 31st century there should probably be AT LEAST half a dozen more Enterprises--we should be up to the Enterprise-R or so.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    There's plenty more letters in the alphabet.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

It looks like a mini Faction. You choose Temporal Agent as a starting point, choose your Faction & Race, that places you as a sub faction aligned with either FED, KDF or ROM it seems...

From what I gather... Sorry but there is only ONE faction.

You are FED mini faction. Once you finish the storyline you will open up unlocks for your account. There is a new storyline that is open to all factions in the game that can play... no different than the current featured episode storylines.

Your flying around in Fed ships...
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Will AoY be showing up on Steam sometime, or at least in the C-Store? I can't stand ARC and would rather not buy the expansion that way.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you can't buy something that's free​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    speaking of steam... @pwlaughingtrendy I dont know if thats your dept or not but there has been ZERO news from STO on steam since Apr 12
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User

The pack dude, the pack
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

The pack dude, the pack

Most Likely... but like the rest the cost will be more than $130 since that is the discounted price. On steam & Zstore after preorder sale ends... it will probably be roughly $160 to $175.

Assuming 25% off... $175 -> $131 or 20% off then $160 -> $128
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Please don't bring the Axanar discussion into this thread.
    Thanks.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bjornfried wrote: »
    They coudl at least put in the Ares class as seen in "S.T.Legacy's Ultimate universe mod". (She has three nacelles too) And the U.S.S. Ares from Axanar. Just to help them raise money, for theyr Lawsuit problem with TRIBBLE stupid CBS.

Different game means licensing issues, fan made creation means legal issues and not gonna happen. Supporting Axanar, lmfao, never gonna happen. Esp as STO is licensed by CBS
  • Options
    I could enjoy a TOS series, would like TWOK era better but I could still roll with TOS
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    To show my support for the new expansion I purchased the Temporal Agent Starter Pack. I like what I see on Tribble so far. Keep up the good work. :)

Edit: I also purchased the TOS interior pack to show more support for the new expansion. :)
    Post edited by zebulongiles on
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    As many have already said:

There will be a minor storyline arc introduced for current characters, on all sides. The main focus of this expansion however is the TOS era, where you will make a new captain and play through from start to finish.

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    foxwater wrote: »

There will be a minor storyline arc introduced for current characters, on all sides. The main focus of this expansion however is the TOS era, where you will make a new captain and play through from start to finish.

*rolleyes

So other than a few 'new' starter missions it's just another STO PvE replay and a rehashed DR event ? I wonder if the new BOFF's and powers will be restricted to the new TOS toon you'll be creating, perhaps binding the new story arcs to them as well.

Maybe this is a stealth flush of the old game and relaunch as the STO sequel. Maybe even account or faction z-store unlocks won't even work on the new toon.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

*rolleyes

So other than a few 'new' starter missions it's just another STO PvE replay and a rehashed DR event ? I wonder if the new BOFF's and powers will be restricted to the new TOS toon you'll be creating, perhaps binding the new story arcs to them as well.

Maybe this is a stealth flush of the old game and relaunch as the STO sequel. Maybe even account or faction z-store unlocks won't even work on the new toon.
    wow... so much Doom condensed into one post... you should check to see if Karl Urban is about to shoot you....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKu7aaa9Zk

The only new power I've seen so far is a boff ability named 23c Photon Grenade. And yeah, TOS doesn't start with the ability to use Fed boffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016

*rolleyes

wow... so much Doom condensed into one post... you should check to see if Karl Urban is about to shoot you....

The only new power I've seen so far is a boff ability named 23c Photon Grenade. And yeah, TOS doesn't start with the ability to use Fed boffs.

No really, it makes sense:

STO is being ported to consoles.
    the TOS expansion would be the ideal place to start the console port process.
    Continuing from there- cryptic would only need 1 team to continue developing content for all platforms since they'de all be on the same codebase.
    Eliminating store crossover between platforms/codebases ensures PC players playing on consoles have the same experience as those playing exclusively on consoles,
    And since common servers aren't expected, it leaves open the possibility in the future since console players would be at a massive disadvantage against PC players with years more experience and store purchases.
    This conveniently provides the method of combining all the factions into the single faction PvE game unanimously asked for by the players, with the factionless PvP option they think is a great idea.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options

*rolleyes

Continuing from there- cryptic would only need 1 team to continue developing content for all platforms since they'de all be on the same codebase.
    Eliminating store crossover between platforms/codebases ensures PC players playing on consoles have the same experience as those playing exclusively on consoles,
    And since common servers aren't expected, it leaves open the possibility in the future since console players would be at a massive disadvantage against PC players with years more experience and store purchases.
    This conveniently provides the method of combining all the factions into the single faction PvE game unanimously asked for by the players, with the factionless PvP option they think is a great idea.
    And in the process reduce profits by 90%.....

Nope. Not gonna happen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited May 2016

*rolleyes

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Consolers would undoubtedly have to repurchase their gear for the 'new' game.
    ;)

I mean since when has console DLC ever NOT turned a profit ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    And that compensates for losing 90% of your profit how?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

*rolleyes

Nope. Not gonna happen.
    And that compensates for losing 90% of your profit how?

Where did 90% come from ? The PC population of STO has been stagnate for quite a while so if it's not growing, it's dying. The console port population growth in the first few months is going to MUCH larger than the PC side growth, and ALL those consolers will likely be 'forced' to buy DLC (z-store items) where PC'ers surely already have those items.

Where's the profits ?

Obviously in the untapped market, not the one thats been milked over the last 6 years. You do the math.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    so if it's not growing, it's dying.
    stable population =/= dying
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Deleted, not sure why I posted that opinion in this tread.