What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »
    Is there a dev or a mod or any other official statement that I'm not aware of? I see "multi-mission" but not "multi-faction" ships. As far as I can tell, there is no ship for the KDF or Roms. Of course for me the difference is between a slight grumbling about lack of cultural identity as opposed to disgust at the most blatant "F**k you" to the KDF/Roms I have seen in some time.

One of the devs answered this on Reddit. The Eternal and Ouroboros are cross-faction; everything else is Fed.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Walter Koenig, reprising his role of Chekov, and Chris Doohan, filling in for his father as Scotty

I just have to ask: Where's Sulu??
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    starswordc wrote: »
    Is there a dev or a mod or any other official statement that I'm not aware of? I see "multi-mission" but not "multi-faction" ships. As far as I can tell, there is no ship for the KDF or Roms. Of course for me the difference is between a slight grumbling about lack of cultural identity as opposed to disgust at the most blatant "F**k you" to the KDF/Roms I have seen in some time.

One of the devs answered this on Reddit. The Eternal and Ouroboros are cross-faction; everything else is Fed.

The term used was: "faction agnostic". Which I take to mean an alien ship...unable to customize per faction.

Add: I found the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4i0k7w/agents_of_yesterday_album_of_new_ships/d2u1x0n

I really hate the way Cryptic and PWE are so vague with their game news. They must know they are going to end up provoking all the faction angst in their player base when they leave things hanging like this.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Except for the last 20 years it has been considered part of Official Canon by both Paramount and CBS.
    (and has been republished Four times)

And until Roddenberry got annoyed with Mr. Joseph, he considered it canon also.

It's the very first OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED piece of Trek Merchandise.

It was used as reference material for "The Motion Picture", "The Wrath of Khan" and was even part of the Writers Handbook for Phase II.

To try and demean it now is just petty.

B)

it never appeared on screen, it isnt canon. to call it canon is to call prelude to axanar canon as well.. twisting that logic there a bit huh?

Parts of the artwork did actually appear "on screen" in both TMP & TWOK.
    And parts of the verse were actually called out in TMP as background references.

Also, the folks that actually created those two movies, have been quoted through the years as saying that they purposely did that, so it would be considered part of the Official Canon.

I've been a really heavy Trek Geek for as long as the IP has been around.
    Devouring any and all info I could get my hands on for the last 50 years and I have an extensive library of Books, Magazines and Articles all about Trek.
    I don't expect anybody to take my word for it, but it's quite easy to look these things up for yourself with this new fangled thing called the internetz.
    B)

the saladin/hermies-class blue prints is on a screen as one of the ships in dock. and the freedom's name and registry is also on a master list of ships in orbit
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Is it just me, or do the Tier 6 temporal ships look like they were based on the Enterprise J?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    starswordc wrote: »
    The term used was: "faction agnostic". Which I take to mean an alien ship...unable to customize per faction.

Add: I found the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4i0k7w/agents_of_yesterday_album_of_new_ships/d2u1x0n

I really hate the way Cryptic and PWE are so vague with their game news. They must know they are going to end up provoking all the faction angst in their player base when they leave things hanging like this.
    I'm pretty sure their plan was to explain it next blog when they give out more detailed info. Also, I have yet to see an official comment stating that ONLY two of the ships are "faction agnostic" as Swall put it. It does seem like a viable interpretation, but it's not confirmed.
    Is it just me, or do the Tier 6 temporal ships look like they were based on the Enterprise J?
    I'm pretty sure that's intentional.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    gpgtx wrote: »
    Except for the last 20 years it has been considered part of Official Canon by both Paramount and CBS.

It was used as reference material for "The Motion Picture", "The Wrath of Khan" and was even part of the Writers Handbook for Phase II.

B)

it never appeared on screen, it isnt canon. to call it canon is to call prelude to axanar canon as well.. twisting that logic there a bit huh?

And parts of the verse were actually called out in TMP as background references.

Also, the folks that actually created those two movies, have been quoted through the years as saying that they purposely did that, so it would be considered part of the Official Canon.

Devouring any and all info I could get my hands on for the last 50 years and I have an extensive library of Books, Magazines and Articles all about Trek.
    I don't expect anybody to take my word for it, but it's quite easy to look these things up for yourself with this new fangled thing called the internetz.
    B)

the saladin/hermies-class blue prints is on a screen as one of the ships in dock. and the freedom's name and registry is also on a master list of ships in orbit

blueprints and names do not cover it, it has to be an onscreen ship appearance.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    That's your head-canon, not everybody else's.

Sorry, your ideas don't trump what was shown on screen.

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    gpgtx wrote: »

B)

B)

blueprints and names do not cover it, it has to be an onscreen ship appearance.

Nah, blueprints and names that appear on screens do still cover it. Like the Wambundu. It's definitely a canon ship as it's a class that appears on readouts often in TNG. We just never saw a model for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2016

B)

and you have yet to prove the blueprint themselves were not just an idea that never made it past prototyping even for the sake of your head canon that you consider them canon.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ya know, you can be a negative-nelly all ya want.
    I honestly don't care.

But your wrong on this one and all the double-talk you want to spout, isn't going to change the facts.

You go ahead and continue to believe what you want, while the rest of us accept what has actually occurred.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Lovely to get into the TOS period, it's LONG overdue.

However, upon reviewing the packs, I'm a bit disappointed by the ships. Notably, the Daedalus class ship was nearly 100 years old by the time the Constitution entered service, yet you've STILL relegated the most powerful Federation starship of the TOS era to mere Tier 1 status.

It continues to make me sad that the most iconic, most famous and most significant Star Trek starship remains condemned to near uselessness.

All the ships have Temporal in their names, so I guess those are ships upgraded to counter the temporal incursion threat. Because otherwise how would those ships be able to compete with technology centuries ahead ?

The first part of the story might just be about discovering what's happening, and at that point you still fly a vanilla TOS ship.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Yep, it was confirmed that the T6 Temporal ships were inspired by the Enterprise-J.

Especially true for the Theseus-Sagittarius-Paladin trio. :smile:

The design eventually had to start leaning in that direction.
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options

However, upon reviewing the packs, I'm a bit disappointed by the ships. Notably, the Daedalus class ship was nearly 100 years old by the time the Constitution entered service, yet you've STILL relegated the most powerful Federation starship of the TOS era to mere Tier 1 status.

It continues to make me sad that the most iconic, most famous and most significant Star Trek starship remains condemned to near uselessness.
    I'm pretty sure that's a CBS mandate. So blame CBS.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I honestly don't care.

But your wrong on this one and all the double-talk you want to spout, isn't going to change the facts.

You go ahead and continue to believe what you want, while the rest of us accept what has actually occurred.
    B)

ignorance huh? thats none of my business. moving on.
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    I've been thinking and don't think I saw anyone ask. Since this T6 ships are from the future where both klingons and romulans belong to the galactic empire will they come with a battlecloak?
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Im hoping the no endgame connie has changed since they r now allowing t6 tos ships. Would b weired to be able to use a daed at t6 which is older the the con
  • Options
    I've been thinking and don't think I saw anyone ask. Since this T6 ships are from the future where both klingons and romulans belong to the galactic empire will they come with a battlecloak?
    I think that question will have to wait for the ship stats blogs later :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User

I'm pretty sure that's a CBS mandate. So blame CBS.

But the mandate doesn't make sense now. If you are doing an actual TOS era then the Connie should near the end of of the tree not at the front. She is a powerful ship. originally only 12 were planned. So having her T1 in the TOS era MAKES NO DARN SENSE!
  • Options
    I honestly don't care.

B)

ignorance huh? thats none of my business. moving on.

Never Underestimate Your Own Ignorance.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Yh the daed should b the t1 ship with the constitution at t4. Theres no temprol version of it atm so i will be very sad / disapointed if she doesent get the same teeatment as the other tos ship shown in the pack.

"Quietly prays for the constitution to get same treatment"
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2016

B)

and you have yet to prove the blueprint themselves were not just an idea that never made it past prototyping even for the sake of your head canon that you consider them canon.

Earth Spacedock isn't a construction yard; that's Utopia Planitia's job. It's at best a repair yard, and primarily a docking station. So why would they even be there if they didn't exist?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    capthaydencapthayden Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Yeah, I gotta weigh in on this one as well: When I first saw the announcement, I was thrilled. I love the TOS era and the TOS and Enterprise fans have been boned royally as their ships are useless at endgame. So if I had to reroll a character to play in the 23rd century, I'd be fine with that. But as mentioned, the connie is only T1 and "Temporal" doesn't appear in its name. I got the Exeter-class refit from the C-store and worked hard to make it viable for endgame (which it is, but it is challenging). I had hoped that with the introduction of t6 ships, the connie or at least a fleet or else an upgraded version of her would be elevated in status to a t4. But even in this 23rd century release she remains at the bottom.

Hopefully, if the connie gets a boost in later announcements, I'll jump onboard. But as it stands, it's not worth it to me to get a few titles and some nice looking ships, but still no connie improvements. I'll just keep flying my c-store connie refit in the 25th century, incurring rage throughout the galaxy.
    Foundry missions: "Salvaged" and "Preemption (Federation)" brought to you by the former "Tom_Riker01".

"An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback." ~Data
  • Options
    allanallanjosephallanallanjoseph Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @pwlaughingtrendy said:
    > We're pleased to announce Agents of Yesterday, the third full expansion to Star Trek Online!
    >
    > Delve into the past this Summer 2016.
    >
    > ~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Ive downloaded the temporal agent starter pack but im confused about how to activate it? any advice would be greatly apprecieated
  • Options
    allanallanjosephallanallanjoseph Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, Ive downloaded the temporal agent starter pack but im confused about how to activate it? any advice would be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    We'll see, I guess. There would be a good reason for temporal ships to at least have some cloaking ability. But ultimately I think the reason that the Federation isn't making a habit out of equipping its ship with cloaking devices is more a political statement than a technological limitation. If they can manage to cloak a Galaxy Class Dreadnaught, they should be able to cloak almost everything in the Federation fleet. That they don't means they do not want to.

The good guys don't sneak around so they can strike from hiding.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Hi, Ive downloaded the temporal agent starter pack but im confused about how to activate it? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Wait until the expansion is released, not just the announcement for the expansion? You can spend the meantime reading the blogs more closely.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

B)

Um - you realize that by that logic Star Trek Online is 100% non-canon, and all the STO ships are just 'fan made' as well, so again - I don't see what point you're actually trying to make with regard to ANYTHING that Cryptic (or CBS) decide can or can't be added to STO. :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

B)

Um - you realize that by that logic Star Trek Online is 100% non-canon, and all the STO ships are just 'fan made' as well, so again - I don't see what point you're actually trying to make with regard to ANYTHING that Cryptic (or CBS) decide can or can't be added to STO. :)

STO IS 100% non-canon...there's never been any doubt there​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.