What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• Options
    astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    no weird unrelated images and long, long line break segments that make your post purposely difficult to read and easy to misinterpret.

Let it be known that I put images for reason. It's never unrelated or weird. And how could you find my sentences difficult to read. It's not like I am spamming the page with 1019p sized images like you are.
    When you post in a manner that is purposely confusing and expects to be attacked.

So now all my posts are just begging to be attacked by you. And you call me insane and paranoid? Ok.... <whistles> Guess 'no' means 'yes' in your language as well. LOL
    It also doesn't help to immediately jump on anyone who responds with even more of the same, and then accuse someone whose posts literally only counter things you say with facts with being on the payroll of the company. That just makes you sound paranoid. It's OK to be wrong, and it's OK for your opinions to not line up with mine. Just breathe.

That's exactly what you have been doing. You jumped my posts the minute you found something you didn't like. But instead of being rational about it and ignoring it, you rather get in a heated debate about how right you are about your opinion, while throwing out "I am Insulted card".

Grow up.
  • Options
    I am so happy for you.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    OOps quoted wrong person.

Yeah, the only difference I can tell is the new one looks more plastic and somewhat cartoonish. But if you prefer that, that's cool.

And I am referring to the old/new pics posted....have no clue what they actually look like in the game.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    One reason I am pleased with this expansion "encouraging" new characters is due to it's timing.
    With the movie and the TV show (to start up several months later) there will be an influx of new players as well as returning players! If the starting and leveling up areas are empty, many of those players will leave thinking the game is too far along for them or just dead.

By having us all make new characters (your choice of course), we will be able to group and level up with these new and returning players.. making new friends! The starting areas will be full of life and leveling up will be fun with more people in those areas.
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Yeah, the only difference I can tell is the new one looks more plastic and somewhat cartoonish. But if you prefer that, that's cool.

Wait until jaturnley posts. They will tell you how wrong you are with 8x 1080p references of original Enterprise images and tell you not to be so indirectly insulting for not finding it appealing.

For opinions are now FACTS!!

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Well I'm looking at the ship on the actual show right now and the new model for the ship in the game is a lot closer to whats on the screen, a lot.

Your TV is not my computer....and, well, who knows it may look nicer and on which screens? I think that perception would change on any screen.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    The Connie model is NOT the same, you need to go check your image vs what's in the new ones. The rest, sure, but I have seen ZERO posts saying that they aren't or complaining about it before yours, so not sure why you are even bringing it up.

At a 52% discount (before any extras they add in later on) a little duplication is OK. Certainly not grounds to go around insulting the other people here because you think there isn't enough value to make it worth the cost. If you don't think it's enough, you don't have to pay - period. The expansion content is free as per usual, so no big deal.

Oh excuse me for HAVING AN OPINION. (Using full caps because apparently it's thing...) :s

You need to point out the VAST differences of the models. Because from what I can see it hardly is noticeable or note worthy. Should be trying to convince yourself that, not me. I have no interest in buying something remotely SIMILAR.

You can have an option without insulting everyone around you, you know (and yes, you CAN insult people without naming names). Most people actually go out of their way to try to not insult people since they are more likely to respect their opinions when stating them in a rational manner. For example, I have no respect whatsoever for you, so your opinion means literally nothing to me.

As for the models:

Old and busted:

wp-phone-tos.jpg
    fed_fca_type1_02.jpg

The new hotness:

61c3ed79122fdf518fa2c74716a238171461891367.jpg
    LargeAngleConstitution.jpg?v=e750f719
    LargeProfileConstitution.jpg?v=e750f719
    LargeTopConstitution.jpg?v=e750f719

I know right. I own the T1 Connie and I use it for all my new Fed characters. I saw the difference immediately.

The new model is beautiful professional cgi quality in my opinion. Thomas does a great job !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    brianduselbriandusel Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm pretty excited for this new TOS faction. I've played quite a few characters where I make up a nice little history for them dealing through that time period. It's a nice shout out for the 50th, but yeah, I was going to buy the $130 pack today until I realized I wouldn't get the items yet. So... why bother? I'll just wait for the stats for the ships to come out and when they announce a release date for the expansion, then I'll get more serious. But I am looking forward to more info.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Please include some kind of mechanic for moving a lockbox ship to a different character, so I can delete my last Federation alt. All of this "Play FED or else!" leaves me not wanting to play FED at all. And, as-is, I already only use my FED alt to turn in contraband.

I'm not trying to be insulting, and I hope I am not coming of as such. I am genuinely serious.
  • Options
    oninotaki18oninotaki18 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Are Tellarites getting new face textures?
  • Options
    dlopezdev#6284 dlopezdev Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I hope you guys enjoy whats coming.
    "My opinion is my own"
  • Options
    captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Jaturnley wrote:
    So, you are saying that they literally captured the whole Voyager TV show experience PERFECTLY then? Because that's what that paragraph says to me - they took a show that had thin, often contradictory plots, annoying enemies and mostly unoriginal stories, and made an expansion that captured that feeling pretty much spot on. We even get to fire an unlimited amount of torpedoes and repair our ship instantly without needing any resources. Voyager was just Lost In Space: The Next Generation, complete with Seven of Nine playing the part of Robbie the Robot - what did you expect?

I kid, of course. Sort of. Maybe.

I mean seriously, the temporal cold war plotline was far better thought out than every plotline on voyager combined. I am not saying that the temporal cold war plot was good, but it DOES make for a much better story base to work from than anything Voyager came up with over 7 years.[/quote]

:) U wrote an error, Robbie the Robot was only in a couple of Lost in Space Esp., U meant to say B9 only called Robot or called Bubble headed Booby by Doctor Smith. Think your good to talk to and like your style! I read everyones comments to see what all the players were thinking, plus thank U for the links and new facts.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    The Connie model is NOT the same, you need to go check your image vs what's in the new ones. The rest, sure, but I have seen ZERO posts saying that they aren't or complaining about it before yours, so not sure why you are even bringing it up.

At a 52% discount (before any extras they add in later on) a little duplication is OK. Certainly not grounds to go around insulting the other people here because you think there isn't enough value to make it worth the cost. If you don't think it's enough, you don't have to pay - period. The expansion content is free as per usual, so no big deal.

Oh excuse me for HAVING AN OPINION. (Using full caps because apparently it's thing...) :s

You need to point out the VAST differences of the models. Because from what I can see it hardly is noticeable or note worthy. Should be trying to convince yourself that, not me. I have no interest in buying something remotely SIMILAR.

You can have an option without insulting everyone around you, you know (and yes, you CAN insult people without naming names). Most people actually go out of their way to try to not insult people since they are more likely to respect their opinions when stating them in a rational manner. For example, I have no respect whatsoever for you, so your opinion means literally nothing to me.

As for the models:

Old and busted:

wp-phone-tos.jpg
    fed_fca_type1_02.jpg

The new hotness:

61c3ed79122fdf518fa2c74716a238171461891367.jpg
    LargeAngleConstitution.jpg?v=e750f719
    LargeProfileConstitution.jpg?v=e750f719
    LargeTopConstitution.jpg?v=e750f719

I know right. I own the T1 Connie and I use it for all my new Fed characters. I saw the difference immediately.

But is it just a reskin? That is a question Cryptic should answer. They could just be redoing the look of the ship. There is no name difference.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    So what ships do players who dont buy the packs get?
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    It'll be interesting to see which (if any!) ships can be used on pre-existing alts (and vice-versa). I'm assuming the two cross-faction ones will be, but the T5 Ranger BC would also be very tempting for my ENT-themed character.
  • Options
    redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Wait a second!
    Erm, will the old Connie get a redesign or will be there a second Connie to buy?

I would totaly enjoy some STFs only for the TOS ships (lower tier) because atm there is nothings cool to play with her and it makes me sad that shes in the drydock waiting for her day to get in action.

I think it will be just like with the romulan pack. If you don't buy the pack, you can buy the ships in the store (at least I hope so, cause I don't have the money for a pack).
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    quote="amayakitsune;12924128"]So what ships do players who dont buy the packs get?

I think it will be just like with the romulan pack. If you don't buy the pack, you can buy the ships in the store (at least I hope so, cause I don't have the money for a pack).[/quote]

Yes, but the Romuland also had ships available during level up, will TOS characters have a selection of TOS ships to use as they level up too?
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Maybe they do something like in "Night of the Comet": Your normal ship will mount Holo-emiter to make it look like some TOS ships in the mission?
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User

It's a pre-order. You'll have access to them on launch day.

Though they really should just have that said, cause there is zero mention of it.

But is it just a reskin? That is a question Cryptic should answer. They could just be redoing the look of the ship. There is no name difference.

Erm isn't there the word "temporal" in the name....?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    THAT has neither been denied nor confirmed...

Of course, it also hasn't even been mentioned as being a possibility by anybody from Cryptic/PWE at any point since the start of the game in 2010.

b6656e8518dfe8b8ed677dd94770ec33.jpg

indeed. although if there was a TOS dreadie, it wouldnt look like that above with the 3rd macelle attached to the back of the saucer near the impulse reactors. it would likely be another cryptic own design rather than one from fandom.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Love the Tos shops but

Can they be used by the 'normal' fed faction?

Are we going to see Tmp varients of these ships
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

You tell me why Cryptic would put that there for purchase as if it was ready with no clear pre-order note on the information page.

I don't know. Why don't you tell me why Cryptic didn't label the page with Pre-Order sticker in bold across the page?

Because you jumped in to the question I posted to Cryptic and said it was a pre-order like you knew when there was no clear message that the pack was a pre-order. You were also condescending about it.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    paspinall wrote: »
    It's a pre-order. You'll have access to them on launch day.

Though they really should just have that said, cause there is zero mention of it.

Erm isn't there the word "temporal" in the name....?

Go read again. Not on that ship. The word appears on the other ships. So it raises the question is it just a reskin? copy/paste from the page http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/918-temporal-special-agent-pack

T1 Constitution Class
    A legendary 23rd century Starfleet vessel, the Constitution-class Cruiser regularly went where no one had gone before. A durable, versatile ship, it handled a variety of missions, including exploration, first contact, research, and system defense.
  • Options
    captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    As I said I have read all Posts here only, I have a few things to say, we all have the right to have all Star Trek series and all movie items and beings in this game we want!!!

The title says Star Trek On-Line Game; Not Next Gen, not DS9, and not Voyager only game, people!

I agree that Connie needs to be a t6 starship, it was the top ship for TOS, not the bottom, Cryptic people fix it!!!!!!!

We all need more facts about this add-on before going warp speed nuts about so little, but we still need to ask Questions to get more details.

Alot of this so far looks like this could be nice, interesting, and fun, but some things could have been handled differently and better.

An Original Series only "play zone or universe" would be great to keepout future tech and ships, so everyone could play on/at where it all started, but I hope we can have The Original Series new stuff added to main stream universe too.

There was too little TOS and Enterprise Series stuff in game to be fair to all fans of all Star Trek shows and movies. The game needed equal balance to all Series fans.

TO CBS: if are the cause of this unfair treatment to The Original Series; Fans can and will hate U for this and not want to watch that new show and keep going to fan Web Series that give us all what we want to see!!!
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Id have the ship order like this

T1 daedalus
    t2 perass
    t3 ranger
    t4 constitution
    t5 gemini
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    There's one thing that came to my mind.
    Since TOS is supposed to be a unique faction (i suppose), i really really hope that Cryptics devs give us the choice wehter we want our characters to advance to Admiral or to stay Captain (and being reckognized).
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User

I would figure, just like LoR, TOS characters will get one or more free ships per tier.
    The only one, I figure, we know of is the Pioneer Class. The T1 Starting Cruiser. It can be found in the ships section here.

Thank you for the time...

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content