What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

yaaayy new dil sink

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That has nothing to do with your saying there wasn't a problem. Bringing up another perceived issue does not negate the other issue. There are folks complaining about the unknown Dil cost already just fine without saying there wasn't a problem with BOFF training...

Does it currently cost Dil for a captain to train a Boff? No.

Does it look like it will? Yes.
    Did they give an example of it not costing Dil if you train your Boff yourself on the captain the Boff is bound to? No.

There's the problem.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another sabotage thread on something new and exciting .

People don't sit around and complain if they don't like the food at a restaurant.
    They get up and leave then they don't come back.
    I guess maybe there are people who might sit in the lobby and rant. But it would be abnormal and likely not taken seriously.

So why are you sitting around and complaining in this thread, you hypocrite?
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    something that was simple, worked fine,

No it didn't. It's a hell to put together a crew for a new captain. Just try it sometimes.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sisteric wrote: »
    Actually they did mention the NPC trainers as selling Manuals for the skills they currently can train.

True, they also covered the career skills trainable by Captains. They just left out the skills that were only trainable by another Boff, unless I missed that in the blog.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actually they did mention the NPC trainers as selling Manuals for the skills they currently can train.

And what reason was there to quote me?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So why are you sitting around and complaining in this thread, you hypocrite?

Sitting in the lobby complaining about the complainers is perfectly normal.

Somehow.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm looking forward to paying Cryptic for something that costs them absolutely nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    And what reason was there to quote me?

None. The forum did on it's own. I didn't select your message.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My takeaway from the blog post, possibly incorrect, is that you'll have the ability to craft training manuals for any of your character's trainable skills which tend to be the rank 3 ones. So instead of traiding around BOffs to have someone else train them in a skill, you now have the much simpler training manuals so that even bound BOffs can be trained.

They didn't specifically mention the current trainer NPCs that I saw: I could see those being phased out (not a good thing IMO) or turned into low level training manual vendors.

They mentioned the current trainers specifically...um...seriously, folks - read what's actually there.

"The primary method for obtaining Training Manuals is to purchase them from any of the current bridge officer training officers, who now will sell the manuals.
    Any ability that was previously trainable will have a Training Manual available for purchase.
    The other method in which players can obtain Training Manuals for the higher ranked abilities is to craft them in the new Officer Training crafting school."

"Many of the higher ranking Training Manuals will not be for sale at the bridge officer trainer.
    Players will need to craft those manuals in the new Officer Training school.
    Unlike the other crafting schools, the Officer Training school does not need to be leveled in order to unlock the recipes.
    In fact this school has no experience associated with it at all; players either have the recipes unlocked or they don’t."

"The Training Manuals for any Specialization can still be purchased from the bridge officer trainers, with the exception of higher ranking abilities and the Specialization Manual itself.
    All Specialization Manuals must be crafted.
    To unlock the recipe for crafting a Specialization Manual players must have spent 10 skill points within the desired specialization.
    To unlock the additional higher ranking ability recipes, players must spend around 20 skill points within the desired specialization."

The crafting will involve the higher level abilities - the Captain trainable stuff...and the higher level Specialization stuff.

BOFFs will have their books. Trainers will have their books.

They're providing a way for folks to train the high stuff from Careers other than what they are and for Specializations other than one has unlocked the training for themselves.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    While this does sound nice, I do have to agree with the OP on the Dilithium part. The game is already overly monetized IMO. Adding more isn't helping the problem. It's very sad to see the game moving in this direction.

I would like to see the actual dillithium costs before making any judgement on that. :)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm cautiously pessimistic. :P

For one, it's a boff *Trait* system we needed, not a heavily monetized boff training system.

For two, I fear the cost will be similar to what we see in the Upgreed system: aka, it will be outrageously expensive to train your boffs with anything good.

For three, this will *guaranteed* break the (already broken) loadout system.

For four, I can already tell you upfront, Geko, I'm not going to buy any skill back my boffs already had.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eltatus wrote: »
    Search dilithium sink or cryptic greed on the forums and you will find what we are talking about.
    Cryptic is greedy that's no false statement, but you claimed that current Boff training system functions fine which is false.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    You can be busy hating it. I'll be training my untradable BOFFs and gaining new Intel BOFFs.

YES and Cryptic will LOVE it. Spend copious Dilithium, EC, crafting mats...and ENJOY it.

IMO I will wait and see..neutral on this one yet.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TBF the current systems an aboslute feck up so anythings an improvement.. I cant really see it costing super duper amounts of dill unless you want every single thing in the book on one Boff and oif you do thats just a bit :rolleyes:

If it does cost silly amounts though just to train the obvious retrains we could do now for free then yeah thats a bit of a cash grab - but then again someone has to pay for this new sh** I suppose

Lets see the costs first.. One things a definite the current system is Cra*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    None. The forum did on it's own. I didn't select your message.

Now thats just strange...

Well... thats it... you're connected to me now... I own your soul.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stop picking on orange. He/She is right. Look if you don't want it you don't have to spend anything. Obviously there is a demand for this. Anyone who takes an opposite or different opinion is an idiot I have seen this kindergarden mentality before here. Truth is all of you whine so much it is sicking! Everyone wants something for nothing but that doesn't happen in life. Change can hurt but that is also a part of life. I suggest you learn to adapt. Resistance is futile!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I'm cautiously pessimistic. :P

For one, it's a boff *Trait* system we needed, not a heavily monetized boff training system.

For two, I fear the cost will be similar to what we see in the Upgreed system: aka, it will be outrageously expensive to train your boffs with anything good.

For four, I can already tell you upfront, Geko, I'm not going to buy any skill back my boffs already had.

Is it though ? We have no clue what the costs will be..... :o
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does it currently cost Dil for a captain to train a Boff? No.

Does it look like it will? Yes.
    Did they give an example of it not costing Dil if you train your Boff yourself on the captain the Boff is bound to? No.

There's the problem.

It won't have to cost you Dil to train a BOFF. It can cost you Dil. Or you can buy the book off the Exchange without using any Dil.

And even if you do use the Dil, it's a one time cost - since the BOFF can always select that ability even if you select another. You don't have to keep retraining the BOFF.

And still, you don't even need the Dil to do it if you don't have the Dil for it - you can buy it off the Exchange or trade with somebody...that does have it.

If people spent a tenth of the time reading as they do typing, they wouldn't type complaints about things that were already explained...it just shows they don't freaking read.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    As I said elsewhere, I'm cautiously pessimistic. :P

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now thats just strange...

Well... thats it... you're connected to me now... I own your soul.

Do you really want this dark empty hole?:confused:
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic is greedy that's no false statement, but you claimed that current Boff training system functions fine which is false.

The minors issues that it have, it can be fixed with out adding the dil sink!

Also, if we compear the system with others, belive me.. is working fine by STO standars (cof cof.. pvp, foundry, xp lvling, loadouts, and so on).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    YES and Cryptic will LOVE it. Spend copious Dilithium, EC, crafting mats...and ENJOY it.

IMO I will wait and see..neutral on this one yet.
    Since when does "a small amount of Diltihium and Energy Credits" equate to "copious Dilithium, EC, crafting mats"?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    sgtschatz wrote: »
    Stop picking on orange. He/She is right. Look if you don't want it you don't have to spend anything. Obviously there is a demand for this. Anyone who takes an opposite or different opinion is an idiot I have seen this kindergarden mentality before here. Truth is all of you whine so much it is sicking! Everyone wants something for nothing but that doesn't happen in life. Change can hurt but that is also a part of life. I suggest you learn to adapt. Resistance is futile!!

Look orangeitis... You've got a fan... How cool is THAT?

(A word of advice... be careful with those... They end up being stalkers).
    Do you really want this dark empty hole?:confused:

I don't have alot... A dark empty hole is actually alot for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Is it though ? We have no clue what the costs will be..... :o

Geko is a clue. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Basically, if you can train a level 3 tac skill for example you can now make the manual for it and use it or sell it. You won't be able to make a manual for GW3 if you can't train it. But you can buy it on the exchange instead of trying to find someone to train an unbound boff for you.

All in all it seems unnecessary to me but I guess it's a slight improvement. I can upgrade a GW2 to a GW3 on one character.
    Perhaps we could craft manuals with one alt and transfer it to another, from tactical to engineering or science alt and vice versa.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder if this is fallout from the mass exodus? There aren't any players on anymore that will offer to cross-train, because most of the altruistic ones have packed up and quit. Also, the fiasco that is Romulan boffs, needing a fed-allied rom who also has an active purple fed boff as well as an active purple rom boff just to cross-train a fed, or similar nonsense... It was tough to train these before, and now is just impossible to find anybody who can train for you because everybody who COULD has left.

To me it seems like this is a way to bypass the lack of other players -- since it's pulling teeth to train a lvl3 skill of a different class than yourself -- and to charge dil for it while they're at it just because they want zen sales...
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look orangeitis... You've got a fan... How cool is THAT?

(A word of advice... be careful with those... They end up being stalkers).
    Someone that's recognizing irrational hatred towards someone doesn't automatically make them a "fan".

Seriously, what do you have against me? I'm asking anyone who has ever attacked/ad hominem'd me.