test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

yaaayy new dil sink

Comments

• themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you have to be fing kidding me right? They figured out how to monetize BOFF training? :D

Next up will be sector-space fuel and system-map fuel! In order to travel X units of distance at Y speed you will need to spend (insert currency here) which can be converted from Zen! Once you run out of fuel your ship will move and maneuver at 1/17,194th speed until you buy more fuel.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Someone that's recognizing irrational hatred towards someone doesn't automatically make them a "fan".

Seriously, what do you have against me? I'm asking anyone who has ever attacked me.

I've never attacked you? You're overly sensitive..? How come?

Maybe you should adjust your comfort zone... You tend to blow up in the face of anyone who disagrees with you.

And I agree... It dosen't make it a fan... However, I am afraid to make you even more upset if I continue to elaborate, so I won't.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mancom wrote: »
    It's Cryptic. Revamping stuff that is working just fine and making it worse in the process is what they do.

It would have been a trivial change to remove the issues with the current system regarding captain-trainable abilities and untradeable boffs by simply adding all the relevant abilities to the skill trainers. There was no need to monetise yet another part of the game.

If I understand this right, while some changes aren't needed but at least it makes some things easier...easier to find certain abilities.

Like for example...GW III...don't find many people who spec into grav gens...like take from my Human Sci who has 6 points in GG and give it to my Orion Eng for her Sarr Theln...it's hard enough to find someone who can train GW III...even harder on the KDF side.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe it's going to be cheap given the track record we've seen so far?

It surely doesn't read as expensive, but otherwise I don't need to believe anything. I can just wait until the costs are revealed and then express myself accordingly. :)
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will reserve my opinion until I see the amount of dil, mats to craft the manuals and the requirements are. As long as they don't mess with what my officers have now I am good . If they cut my legs out from under me like they did with the crafting system, then we are going to have a problem. Going from making Aegis to not being able to make a shield charge in 1 update didn't feel to good.
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do you honestly believe it's going to be cheap given the track record we've seen so far?
    I'd like to be optimistic, dilithium price of Boff at ESD vendor is not huge. I was pleasantly surprised with price of Intelligence officers.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It won't have to cost you Dil to train a BOFF. It can cost you Dil. Or you can buy the book off the Exchange without using any Dil.

I have a feeling it will be a dil cost to apply the training, just as we see with tech upgrades you can buy off the market. Either way we need a lot more info before burning everything down. It's just easy to assume the worst given the current trends.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »

Maybe you should adjust your comfort zone... You tend to blow up in the face of anyone who disagrees with you.

And I agree... It dosen't make it a fan... However, I am afraid to make you even more upset if I continue to elaborate, so I won't.

^^ QFT. He's made his stance clear in 100% of all posts on this forum. He's a rabid fanboi that has knee-jerk and harsh reactions to anything he doesn't like.
    edited January 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    I have a feeling it will be a dil cost to apply the training, just as we see with tech upgrades you can buy off the market. Either way we need a lot more info before burning everything down. It's just easy to assume the worst given the current trends.

The blog says that the training itself costs expertise, no mention of any other cost. :)
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks promising and allows me to do things like train my liberated borg officer at least. And I look forward to firing a host of my BOFFs.

Only question is how much it's going to cost to do so. The upgrade system was great too, but too expensive to level quality after reaching Mk XIV.
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since when does "a small amount of Diltihium and Energy Credits" equate to "copious Dilithium, EC, crafting mats"?

Since the launch of DR.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    People who contribute nothing to the forums except "I love everything about the game" are as worthless as those who just hate everything about the game. I tend to just ignore both extreme trolly sides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited January 2015
    ^^ QFT. He's made his stance clear in 100% of all posts on this forum. He's a rabid fanboi that has knee-jerk and harsh reactions to anything he doesn't like.

Well this was the first hostility that person has ever shown towards me... And for no apparent reason too..
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    you have to be fing kidding me right? They figured out how to monetize BOFF training? :D
    Geko talked about his desire to monetise boff abilities and sell new ones even back in 2011(?) during a podcast and mentioned that the only thing preventing this at the time was the lack of technology to do it. Now they obviously have implemented the tech and will probably start selling new boff abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if we also see new boff abilites as part of lockboxes, just like traits.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gregkane wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9052733

Looks like a nice new dil sink for us all yaaayyy

Yep - D'Angelo left out the main theme of the PWE's directive to the STO Dev team in his recent Blog for 2015.

In short: "Monetize EVERYTHING!"

I also like the new policy of NOT posting an official announcement thread on the forums (notice how neither D'Angelo's Blog, nor the Boff training update Blog had a "Discuss this on the Forums"; meaning either Smirk is asleep at the CM wheel; or there's a new PWE directive NOT to officially put stuff like this up on the forums for fear of a negative reaction thread to the increased monetiztion aspect of everything Cryptic has revamped in STO of late.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So.....

Does this mean we keep our current BOffs training that we worked so hard to achieve?

Or are we nerfed again having to start from scratch with nerfed BOffs?
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    looks good and look forward to seeing what can be done...just wish it didnt have to use our dil
    4058756.jpg
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    People who contribute nothing to the forums except "I love everything about the game" are as worthless as those who just hate everything about the game. I tend to just ignore both extreme trolly sides.

Doesnt that leave about 5 posts a year to read :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Or it is a way to revamp a horrible and ancient game feature while keeping it in line with recent updates ? I know it's outlandish to suggest motives other than pure evil on Cryptics behalf, but c'mon ! :D

I suppose... I just don't recall them mentioning it any time soon. Most things that don't get mentioned as pipe dreams every year or so are just flat-out ditched, as have so many potential ideas in the past. And... when you consider how most of their ideas are hampered by the ability to actually code their own game properly, and how most limitations are from the archaeic game engine? I figured the training revamp simply fell into that category, and was deleted from the "to-do" list.
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What happens to all those uncommisioned Boffs I have lying around as spares .. Will I take there skills as books that now get shared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to wait and see what this system is like first before I nerd rage. The fact that I don't have to spend another month or two leveling another crafting school is a big relief. But I have a feeling this update will break bridge officers. I would suggest finding ways to "back-up" your boffs now before the update hits. Save their appearances, de-equip them, have spares on the roster, etc. :P
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am overly sensitive. And insecure. It's a long story.
    You call what happened on the first page merely "disagreeing" with me?

And look at this post. THIS should be in my comfort zone? Really? That guy does it all the time. There's no excuse to attack anyone like that.
    If you don't insult me, I have nothing at all against you.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, we had something that was simple, worked fine, and required no Dil. Now we've got something needlessly complicated, we know will be bugged to hell, that does require Dilithium.
    Just stop Cryptic. Seriously. Stop.
    I've tried defending the game lately, but I think I'm over it at this point. The game is clearly moving in the wrong direction.

Yep - D'Angelo left out the main theme of the PWE's directive to the STO Dev team in his recent Blog for 2015.

I also like the new policy of NOT posting an official announcement thread on the forums (notice how neither D'Angelo's Blog, nor the Boff training update Blog had a "Discuss this on the Forums"; meaning either Smirk is asleep at the CM wheel; or there's a new PWE directive NOT to officially put stuff like this up on the forums for fear of a negative reaction thread to the increased monetiztion aspect of everything Cryptic has revamped in STO of late.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I see that there is hope for you =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    On the surface it sounds like a positive step forward, so I'll reserve judgement on whether it's good or bad. Three points I'll need clarification on:

1) the emphasis on the word permanent, and;
    2) the dill cost, and;
    3) availability

The post needs clarification.

Am I the only one who's noticing that recent changes seem to be less group & community building, and more focused on an insular game?
    edited January 2015
    I am overly sensitive. And insecure. It's a long story.

You call what happened on the first page merely "disagreeing" with me?

And look at this post. THIS should be in my comfort zone? Really? That guy does it all the time. There's no excuse to attack anyone like that.

If you don't insult me, I have nothing at all against you.

None of all that had to do with me..? I am extremely confused...

We both accept whats coming... Only difference between you and me, is that I don't like the changes... You seem to do, but I havn't attacked you for it (hence the confusion).

So what if someone bashes you... The person is likely thousands of km away...
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so from using EC only to now needing to use dil to train boffs?

can I change their traits too? otherwise this totally sucks.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So.....

Does this mean we keep our current BOffs training that we worked so hard to achieve?

Or are we nerfed again having to start from scratch with nerfed BOffs?

has any of the latest newly introduced features come without a nerf? -> no
    so you know what you can expect now
    edited January 2015

I vote for terrible company communication between the CM's and the Arc people. :D
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All I can say is I'm waiting for the s**t or sting to hit the community fan. Be it bugs, timegate, resources whatever it will come. Gone are the days when I'm excited or cautioned optimism I expect a TRIBBLE up and it will be a pleasant surprise if they don't. It's true Crypticcan pull some quality out of somewhere sometimes but expect a shoddy product and then time to 'try' and fix it which there is no certainty that they will.

Take this and past experiences with Cryptic as a warning and take precations before they can TRIBBLE it up.