test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jaffastar wrote: »
    This morning was ok ... but after this small update is out of work again ... i think they did something wrong in todays update ...

for me it patched to 69 percent then stopped
  • sylverbeam7sylverbeam7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It still Crashes, it didn't fix it...

Erorr Ticket ID: 35705665

ATI Radeon 9600
  • papabeardpapabeard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same here, no fix at all.

I don't even get an error message, the error reporter just hangs forever!
    I also have to restart computer to even be able to open the launcher again!

Even tried ARC, no joy in that either!
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm starting to seriously doubt the competency of the devs. These problems are so widespread that their attempts to fix the problem serve only to make the problems worse. And the devs get paid for this?

LOLS
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • janovethjanoveth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    error 34318276

no change

just like the Legacy of Romulus crash.
    :)

Error 34310034
    edited October 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Looks like some people forgot the first Leper season we went through. What? It took 6 weeks to fix?

Don't hold your breath guys. Relax, read a book or play another game.

I'm just happy all the shows are coming back to entertain me when I get off work. And I'm also sleeping better. YAY!

last one took a week to finish. These guys have known about it for 7 weeks at the very least.
    edited October 2014
    PWE needs to fire all of the Cryptic developers. Cryptic has these graphics card crashes with every major update. Just when are they going to stop playing these games? We want an MMO game that actually works. Not one that remains as a pretty icon on our desktop.

The Star Trek Online desktop icon is like this practical joke that sits on my PC, constantly laughing at me because the devs keep crashing the launcher.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My client continues to crash to desktop after the Oct. 16 patch.

I have force verified the files and the game continues to crash on the Cryptic screen. Unlike a normal launch, there is no progress bar on the Cryptic screen and after 3-4 minutes the game crashes to desktop. I have tried everything suggested including launching in safe mode and compatibility mode. I have done this on both Holodeck and Tribble server but the game crashes on both servers. I have never received a crash code, which is always populated with Unknown.

Coincidentally, ARC Launcher is also failing now. At first, it was having trouble connecting to the Account server, but now ARC just crashes as soon as it is launched. Repair ARC does not work either.

I have documented all in another Thread titled Unable to Launch game

I have also opened up a support ticket, but I am still waiting for a constructive response.
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This will probably take a while. We are always last on the list of things to get fixed. The last expansion that came out LoR it took almost 2 months too get fixed. Better get used to the fact that this could be a very long wait.
  • lingglingg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not graphics card related. I'm running an Atom based processor on a Netbook with Windows XP and 1 gig of RAM (yep, it's always been laggy as hell so accordingly I don't combat).

Now STO has been working fine, well, as fine as would be expected considering the antiquity of the machine I am running, but I just pop on every once in a while just for ideas and concepts for my own development project.

The project is a 'real life' holodeck, based around Star Trek fiction. Crazy (and fun) development and research. Development is on this Windows XP system running the Atom processor leveraging Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual C++ with .net framework 1.5/2,0. Old school, but that's me, old school. I like coding with Visual Basic - makes dev fun for me - and the development like this with limited resources reinforces the elegant and careful approach and doesn't demand the latest and greatest in technological advancement which invariably seems to be causing more problems than it cures.

Case in point: STO's lag and crashes.

That, and I'm homeless and can't afford a top of the line computer!
    :cool: Check out Q - The FIRST Timelord's BLOG, here: https://universalbri.wordpress.com/

..... And check out my Open Source Work, here: https://sourceforge.net/u/universalbri/profile/
    edited October 2014
    It may not be a graphics card-related issue to YOU but it sure as hell to the rest of us.
  • blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so the game can at least be played in safe mode but other then safe mode still loading screen TRIBBLE. that sucks. has anyone reported this to perfectworld and cryptic? have they at least acknowledged that it is a known issue?
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks like some people forgot the first Leper season we went through. What? It took 6 weeks to fix?

Don't hold your breath guys. Relax, read a book or play another game.

I'm just happy all the shows are coming back to entertain me when I get off work. And I'm also sleeping better. YAY!

Some of us remember that fiasco.

blondie987 wrote: »
    so the game can at least be played in safe mode but other then safe mode still loading screen TRIBBLE. that sucks. has anyone reported this to perfectworld and cryptic? have they at least acknowledged that it is a known issue?

Yea they have been told. We will be lucky to get a we are working on it response from em. Let alone anything useful. Oh yea they might tell us "It's not the game its your computer that doesnt meet the requirements." We have gotten this a number of times in the past.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • kidcarnivalkidcarnival Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm getting the same thing; crash to desktop from DR screen, after that weird flash of a bluescreen. The "support" I got so far was "send us your PC info", "the patch fixed this" (NO IT DID NOT), "change your graphic settings IN GAME" and now "run a tracert and send the log"... executing the command opens a window for ~10 seconds, then closes without finishing and without letting me copy anything (clicking in it also closes it).

I get the same error codes others have posted, and what I haven't seen so far: I don't have to click "engage", it auto-starts the game now. This is since the patch, but of course it still crashes all the same. Updated drivers, tried all combos of proxy/no proxy/safe mode/patch on demand/...

I wish I could just opt out of DR altogether.
    edited October 2014
    Lol that thread exploded. I had my eyes glued to every post in there. I loved how we came up with the order of persistence. That kept me going while I was suffering withdrawals symptoms.

how many pages did we hit? 600?
    edited October 2014
    I thought it was closer to 900 pages.

deokent what if its this time next year? LOL

Ahh Well if it stays for a while I have a Kepler Transport that will need some attention next year.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
    edited October 2014
    I thought it was closer to 900 pages.

deokent what if its this time next year? LOL

Ahh Well if it stays for a while I have a Kepler Transport that will need some attention next year.

I think one of them hit 990 pages before it got locked.
    edited October 2014
    This is much worse because Cryptic's annual Christmas event starts in a few weeks with the new Breen giveaway ship.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just got kicked and then timed out to account server, yay! :rolleyes:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited October 2014
    We are the forgotten ones.
    edited October 2014
    New Patch up on Tribble and still crashing.

I did get a different number then last time.

Last Time: 33898269

This Time: 33880952

"The Forgotten Ones"
    edited October 2014
    1. No, that's 8. we're talking about LOR.

that was nearly 1,000.

2. Frost knew about it, yeah. There were warnings. I suppose the admin folks didnt care and ignored the warnings from the staff
    edited October 2014
    Notice how brandon was on top of things last time? I really miss him... poo :(

Askray has personal issues to deal with, unavoidable so she's out of it for another week.

I think that LOr release broke Brandon's spirit.
    edited October 2014
    We are "The Forgotten Ones" The expansion came out Tuesday. We heard ONCE from someone and they haven't been back since. Not even a courtesy, we are working on things and will have you taken care of as soon as possible, nothing, nada, zilch.
    edited October 2014
    That's what you call the generic reply from Cryptic. It's basically an automated recording which actually means "we're tired of you guys whining so shut the hell up".
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    This is much worse because Cryptic's annual Christmas event starts in a few weeks with the new Breen giveaway ship.

Im set for that to go. I ground three characters through that last year. One for the Chel Gret One for the Plesh Brek, and the third for whatever ship comes this year. And with the discounts applied to them I'm good, as long as I get Two days in there.
    kemcha wrote: »
    That's what you call the generic reply from Cryptic. It's basically an automated recording which actually means "we're tired of you guys whining so shut the hell up".

Exactly.

I just spotted Brandon and invited him to say hello here. Please don't bite.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
    edited October 2014
    noooo!!!!

the patch failed.

again....
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah its just not having a bar of it :( ive been trying since yesterday afternoon, and again ive been trying since 8am (GMT) looks like this is going to carry on over the weekend if the first patch is anything to go by
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Day four check-in. No joy, still can't get in. See you all on day five.
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please don't ask me why this worked...but I am in

Uninstalled video drivers
    Uninstalled video card
    Deleted direct x 11
    Booted in windows safe mode
    Reinstalled everything
    Booted normally
    Game works
    Go figure
    Admiral Jisil T'ror