Install Arc
Options

9.5 Confirmed for Thursday.

Comments

• Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Don't forget the ones in Europe who will complain about Cryptic bringing the game down during their prime playing hours, and how they spend money on the game and shouldn't have to put up with downtime when it's most inconvenient for them.

If I ever run my own MMO, I'm going to put downtime right in the middle of US primetime and then count the ones in the US who will complain about NikkoJT Studios bringing the game down during their prime playing hours, and how they spend money on the game and shouldn't have to put up with downtime when it's most inconvenient for them.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, it looks like I will be playing Neverwinter this weekend. I am certain will see the mushroom cloud from the STO-splosion from there.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looks like I'm blocking the message board and deleting my links to it. I am NOT going to sit here and listen to the TRIBBLE that's going to come tomorrow.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dooooooooom.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am NOT going to sit here and listen to the TRIBBLE that's going to come tomorrow.

Oh I am, I might go and buy some popcorn for the occasion :P
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What little I've seen of 9.5 hasn't impressed me either current stuff is equal to crafting or it's more power creep to a game that's so easy there's no clear reason why I need to grind more with no new content.

Threads like this only seem to highlight the tone of 9.5. Sure people will flock to try it and some will tackle it without much fuss all the way down to OMG I'm quitting/no touching it. We'll have the lockbox that will make it harder to tell how popular 9.5 is but really the vibe I'm picking up on isn't going to have me rushing to spend time in STO. I'll log in and touch base but that's going to be it.

With what feels like a rushed system and feedback ignored and people generally unimpressed or worse with the system it doesn't sound like 9.5 is going to be successful.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Dooooooooom.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, i think its safe to say DOOOOOOOOOOOM is coming, the forums say it......and they cant be wrong:eek:
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fire in the hole - Get down! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Fire in the hole - Get down! :D

*fires tribble cannon spewing tribbles across the grumpy klingon infested forums* :P
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Odyssey uniforms available tomorrow?! Brilliant!! Can't wait!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    alan1701h wrote: »
    Odyssey uniforms available tomorrow?! Brilliant!! Can't wait!! :D

Just looked at them on tribble, they look great!
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    If I ever run my own MMO, I'm going to put downtime right in the middle of US primetime and then count the ones in the US who will complain about NikkoJT Studios bringing the game down during their prime playing hours, and how they spend money on the game and shouldn't have to put up with downtime when it's most inconvenient for them.

Yeah that self entitlement most gamer's have these days "I'm an american lifetime subscriber and how dare you interrupt my gameplay because it's all that matter's in my life!" I love it when companies do maintenance during our primetime hours, makes me laugh at the people jumping out of windows over a silly video game like it was important xD
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Yeah that self entitlement most gamer's have these days "I'm an american lifetime subscriber and how dare you interrupt my gameplay because it's all that matter's in my life!" I love it when companies do maintenance during our primetime hours, makes me laugh at the people jumping out of windows over a silly video game like it was important xD

Same :D:D:D
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »

Cryptic has downtime?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Judging by what I've seen of Thomas Marrone's colour guides for them, they look absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to own them and put those guides into practice!!!

Those guides are available here btw: https://twitter.com/Cryptic_TtC/media

The colour guide for the captain's Odyssey uniform isn't there though, but that can be found here on the dev blog for the Odyssey uniforms: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6003273-odyssey-and-bortasqu%27-uniforms-coming-soon!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Cryptic has downtime?

STO cannot into downtime. :(
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    STO cannot into downtime. :(

This may come off as rude... That wasn't the intention:

Wha?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wha?
    I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Wha?

Just wanted to say that STO's downtimes seldom interfere with me playing, and I am German.

Mixed that with a bit polandball humor. Did backfire. Sorry. :D
    stoutes wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing.

Please stop, I am already dead. :(
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Well, it looks like I will be playing Neverwinter this weekend. I am certain will see the mushroom cloud from the STO-splosion from there.

the problem is they share servers. if STO blows up Neverwinter usually goes with it.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *fires tribble cannon spewing tribbles across the grumpy klingon infested forums* :P

a tribble minigun?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    are the forum servers ready?
    Shouldn't You/I/We be more concerned with the game servers? ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Shouldn't You/I/We be more concerned with the game servers? ;)

They'll go down anyways.
    The question is whether we will be able to fall back to the forums.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    They'll go down anyways.
    The question is whether we will be able to fall back to the forums.

It's been a sound tactic since the campaign of running this shootfest started; it crashes, we fall back to the forums, regroup and make battle cries until we can return to the front in full force :P
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    to be honest though, if there is a lot of backlash, it will be well deserved.. there is a boat load of issues that were reported through tribble testing, that have not even been looked at as far as we know.. and they are going to go classic cryptic and release it with the known bugs, issues, and weirdness lol...

don't make this about the whiners and complainers, make this about the lack of attention to any info passed on by us during the tribble tests...
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No pie for you.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Indeed.

And where is the announcement here on these fora to, you know, actually read?

Far be it for me to suggest that the community relations people do their job properly.......

Quite so. I don't know why don't they just delete the forum and the game webpage, they're obviously not up to Cryptic's "standards", plus it would save them valuable resources that could go into lockboxes, furthermore people won't get lost on the horrid new ARC infested website anymore.

It's not like they really use these venues anymore.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Quite so. I don't know why don't they just delete the forum and the game webpage, they're obviously not up to Cryptic's "standards", plus it would save them valuable resources that could go into lockboxes, furthermore people won't get lost on the horrid new ARC infested website anymore.

It's not like they really use these venues anymore.

Why are people still harping on the whole "not up to standards" thing. Honestly they were terrible missions IMO and deserved to be axed. Cryptics new standards are honestly, pretty great, all you need to do is look at the last few missions. And IMO whats not up to standards are not the forums, it is the people in them who provide uncontructive feedback driving the Devs away. (nothing against you personally, i havent seen enough of your posts to make that judgement)
This discussion has been closed.