test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swim Wear Seen Off Risa

synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I know that's what they said, but I transwarped to Qonos and still had it on. lol. Maybe a bug, but, logged out. made dinne.r logged back in and am still wearing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by synthiasuicide on

Comments

• jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know that's what they said, but I transwarped to Qonos and still had it on. lol. Maybe a bug, but, logged out. made dinne.r logged back in and am still wearing it.

First rule of good bugs: You do not mention goog bugs
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    screenshots please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And they killed you there, for such recklessness? ��
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It will be fixed probably.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah i already posted a commentary about it in the event thread. I saw a few in Qonos as well lol :D

So, we need to be sure. Because if i can use the outfits out of Risa.. i am interested.. :cool:
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Darn, you just had to go and report this. I was hoping nobody would say anything, so that this "bug" would become a "feature".

I was SO hoping that my romulan female melee tactical toon would be able to tirelessly hack and slash through Borg, Dinosaurs, and Undine while wearing nothing more than a string bikini. ;)
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited June 2014
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It just wasn't happening on Qo'nos. I couldn't select the swimwear outfit no matter what I did. However, Admiral Kererek didn't seem to mind my outfit at all. And neither did the people of Nimbus.

*Image quality reduced on purpose. You never know who's browsing the forums on something other than their gaming rig.*
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jestersage wrote: »
    First rule of good bugs: You do not mention goog bugs

It's like fight club. You do not talk about fight club.
    r9xchaos wrote: »

Oh look. No one is dying. Seems like everyone was pitching a fit for nothing. :rolleyes:
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    It just wasn't happening on Qo'nos. I couldn't select the swimwear outfit no matter what I did. However, Admiral Kererek didn't seem to mind my outfit at all. And neither did the people of Nimbus.

*Image quality reduced on purpose. You never know who's browsing the forums on something other than their gaming rig.*

I'm sure there are A LOT of poeple who wouldn't mind this (me included ;)). Most of the female swimsuits cover more skin than the standard orion slave-girl outfit almost every female orion uses anyway.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Who wants to bet that Cryptic fixes this "terrible, gamebreaking bug" within a week, while truly awful stuff is waiting forever to be fixed ? :o
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014

What the hell that Gorn is wearing? :mad:
    Seriously, people have been fighting and creating forum threads to allow this TRIBBLE everywhere including battlezones? :o
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »
    Seriously, people have been fighting and creating forum threads to allow this TRIBBLE everywhere including battlezones? :o

Freedom, baby, yeah!
    edited June 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »

Who cares anymore? after the undine playable ships, parties and disco balls everywhere (even in space..), mini-characters with really strange configurations, stupid powers like the shard of possibiliities.. hmm, i dunno, people dont care anymore about seeing people in swimsuit out of Risa i guess, not even Gorns. I really dont like to see Gorns in swimsuit, but i will let female Orions, for example to wear it. Or just any female character. But since STO is not star trek anymore since ages ago, just a "parody" or something like that lol, it is really not so shocking to see a Gorn in swimsuit.

What i dont like are the colors... :D
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Who cares anymore? after the undine playable ships, parties and disco balls everywhere (even in space..), mini-characters with really strange configurations, stupid powers like the shard of possibiliities.. hmm, i dunno, people dont care anymore about seeing people in swimsuit out of Risa i guess, not even Gorns. I really dont like to see Gorns in swimsuit, but i will let female Orions, for example to wear it. Or just any female character. But since STO is not star trek anymore since ages ago, just a "parody" or something like that lol, it is really not so shocking to see a Gorn in swimsuit.

What i dont like are the colors... :D

I wish they had made faction-specific swimwear. Shorts with scales, chainmail and similar stuff. And Cloaks for Romulan swimwear.... of course those cloaks would only work on the swimwear itself.... *runs away laughing like lunatic* :D
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    DAMN IT!! WHY MENTION IT?!!!! Bro, killin me, just killin me, overcookin my grits!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Who wants to bet that Cryptic fixes this "terrible, gamebreaking bug" within a week, while truly awful stuff is waiting forever to be fixed ? :o
    Yes, for a simple reason. CBS. They probably vetoed the bikinis outside of Risa, since they were the reason for not having bikinis last year.
    And not respecting their decisions could lead to a license removal. And nobody want that. I don't know if they would remove the license for this reason, but I'm sure they will not like if Cryptic do as they pleased and deliberately leave a bug that go against their decision. And that would lead to less stuff we might do, because it's vetoed. They hold the power when it comes to canon.

While your "awful stuff" is not going to get the license removed, and the game will still be there in a year, even if it's not fixed. Now, sure I want bugs fixed and all that, but some of them are high priority, even if you don't see why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Well, honestly i will hate to see everybody wearing swimsuits out of Risa, it will be really weird and the "feel" of star trek will be gone for good. I only wanted the swimsuits out of Risa to make some mixes with my actual outfits, since my orion female, for example does not have really too many options about that. I just wanted to have more "sexy" wearing options, but i will never wear a full and only swimsuit. And since cryptic seem to have a real hate to give us more outfit options, specially to caitians / ferasans / orions, it seemed another option to have more options lol. Of course i will never put a swimsuit in my caitian/ferasan... but my orion seriously need some extra clothes to be able to chose from.
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2014
    Can BOFFs wear swimsuits, too, or is it restricted to characters like Omega/MACO etc. costume options?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cryptic making a luxury cruise liner more powerful than a Galaxy class starship destroys Trek immersion far, far more for me than seeing people running around in swim suits.

Whatever, this game makes no sense anymore.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited June 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Cryptic making a luxury cruise liner more powerful than a Galaxy class starship destroys Trek immersion far, far more for me than seeing people running around in swim suits.

How a cruiser with 3 tactical console slots (it doesnt matter, even if it has a commander tactical station, you will never have the performance of a "powerful" ship) can be more powerful than the Galaxy class?? is the Galaxy class so bad?? :eek:, if thats the case, you right, this game has no sense, the Galaxy class should be far more powerful than the luxury cruiser.
    edited June 2014
    longasc wrote: »
    Can BOFFs wear swimsuits, too, or is it restricted to characters like Omega/MACO etc. costume options?

Who cares.. you cant use your boffs on risa , so.. (or i am missing something?)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lan451 wrote: »

You're not drinking enough. Drink enough and it makes perfect sense!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How a cruiser with 3 tactical console slots (it doesnt matter, even if it has a commander tactical station, you will never have the performance of a "powerful" ship) can be more powerful than the Galaxy class?? is the Galaxy class so bad?? :eek:, if thats the case, you right, this game has no sense, the Galaxy class should be far more powerful than the luxury cruiser.

Yep, the Galaxy really is that bad. Space Titanic with guns strapped onto it is better. That makes less sense to me than letting people run around in swim wear.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2014

Pink shorts ... on a Gorn? It burns us, it burns us!
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, honestly i will hate to see everybody wearing swimsuits out of Risa, it will be really weird and the "feel" of star trek will be gone for good. I only wanted the swimsuits out of Risa to make some mixes with my actual outfits, since my orion female, for example does not have really too many options about that. I just wanted to have more "sexy" wearing options, but i will never wear a full and only swimsuit. And since cryptic seem to have a real hate to give us more outfit options, specially to caitians / ferasans / orions, it seemed another option to have more options lol. Of course i will never put a swimsuit in my caitian/ferasan... but my orion seriously need some extra clothes to be able to chose from.

But Mirror Universe captains flying around in 8472 bioships doesn't ruin the "feel" of Star Trek? :rolleyes:
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Neverending Story ♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬ :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I can honestly say that the person playing that Gorn must be frakking colorblind.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I love the Remans in Swimwear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Called it...
    GwaoHAD.png