Install Arc
Options

Typhoon Class

Comments

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    The "Maco Tactical" is worn by the summon able catain Security officers from the starbase. As for the "Omega Reaper" ... No idea...

Cryptic?! Where is the Reaper visuals?!!!!

The maco suit I had seen before, too. But I'm not a fan of the maco suit (from the rep, not the one this topic is about, that is great) at all.

But that reaper helmet looks great.... Really want it^^

Actually I ran hive yesterday because I thought I heared somewhere this suit unlocks with getting the hive optionals in ground and space. Well I was obviously wrong...
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The maco suit I had seen before, too. But I'm not a fan of the maco suit (from the rep, not the one this topic is about, that is great) at all.

But that reaper helmet looks great.... Really want it^^

Actually I ran hive yesterday because I thought I heared somewhere this suit unlocks with getting the hive optionals in ground and space. Well I was obviously wrong...

first time i've heard that.

Anyway... Devs... Ent Maco?! :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Definitely would like a way to obtain all of these. They've been taunting us for too long.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I found this image of the entire lineup of MACO and Omega armor sets, including one new MACO (Tactical) and two new Omega (Reaper and Quietus)! Unfortunately, the visuals for the last Omega armor are unknown as of now, but Reaper looks amazing to me, and the MACO Tactical is something I've been waiting for since I saw it on the Caitian security team.

11601586983_6ff9e34234_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    I found this image of the entire lineup of MACO and Omega armor sets, including one new MACO (Tactical) and two new Omega (Reaper and Quietus)! Unfortunately, the visuals for the last Omega armor are unknown as of now, but Reaper looks amazing to me, and the MACO Tactical is something I've been waiting for since I saw it on the Caitian security team.

11601586983_6ff9e34234_b.jpg

you're right, there is another Omega visual... dam I had the same image yet failed to notice that.

Edit: Found a better image of the Omega Reaper.

omegareaper.png
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    you're right, there is another Omega visual... dam I had the same image yet failed to notice that.

omegareaper.png

Well, I love the shoulders, nice and flat, classic design. I also like the belt with all the grenades on the back and pouches in front. The rest of it seems a little weird. Thick chest plate, kind of an EOD type helmet and collar. I would love a pair of boots that have the armor on the back but no giant plate on the front. Also, I'd like them to fix the glitch that causes the feet to freak out when using anything other than the standard boots.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, I love the shoulders, nice and flat, classic design. I also like the belt with all the grenades on the back and pouches in front. The rest of it seems a little weird. Thick chest plate, kind of an EOD type helmet and collar. I would love a pair of boots that have the armor on the back but no giant plate on the front. Also, I'd like them to fix the glitch that causes the feet to freak out when using anything other than the standard boots.

It reminds me of the Quarians from Mass Effect.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It reminds me of the Quarians from Mass Effect.

That was my first thought when I saw the mask design.
  • Options
    docducksdocducks Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2014

What the hell? Where are they?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014

omegareaper.png

Damn son, that is one snazzy helmet!
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hanfg on a sec, I think some of the stock NPC MACOs have the tactical parts on them, I knew they looked familiar
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Hanfg on a sec, I think some of the stock NPC MACOs have the tactical parts on them, I knew they looked familiar

Yeah, the model has been around for a while. I first noticed it when I saw pieces that I didn't recognize on a tactical officer in one of the wallpapers featuring the three classes. I've seen in on MACO NPCs in the Dyson ground battlezone, as well as the Caitian Security Team.
  • Options
    kassaredkassared Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can the Devs please comment on when the Enterprise MACO uniform is going to be released?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kassared wrote: »
    Can the Devs please comment on when the Enterprise MACO uniform is going to be released?

I put the question into the last livestream's QA, but it didn't get picked. If enough people inquire about it, I'm sure we'll get an answer sooner or later. We know that it's probably going to be in a Xindi Lockbox, or an addition to the Lobi Store, it's only a matter of time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Post this thread everywhere? I like how you think my good sir.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I put the question into the last livestream's QA, but it didn't get picked. If enough people inquire about it, I'm sure we'll get an answer sooner or later. We know that it's probably going to be in a Xindi Lockbox, or an addition to the Lobi Store, it's only a matter of time.

Personally C-store is preferable for the account unlock, But Lobi-Store is better than nothing.
    I can see them potentially putting the Weapon in for the standard 50, and then the Armor for 200 if the examples of the hirogen and Undine armor+tailor unlock are anything to go by

I might question the Business sense of the Ferengi Lobi Crystal consortium selling Vintage Military clothing. I know there are shops that sell that kind of thing, But I don't imagine that its profitable enough to attract the attention of the Ferengi

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    We had a Xindi guy in Surface Tension. I've heard people take that to mean we're getting something to do with the Xindi soon. I don't know if that's the case. But I think if I were Cryptic I'd do a little Enterprise promotion before we get back to Voyager content.

Here's how.

Xindi Reptillian ship (Tac Destroyer) and Insectoid ship (Sci Destroyer) in a lockbox. Aquatic ship (Cruiser) in the Lobi store. Box would also have Xindi weapons, etc etc

Enterprise MACO in the Lobi store for Fed only. Xindi Reptilian costume in the C-Store for all factions.

Buff the D'Kyr to bring it in line with more modern C-store ships and give it a bridge. Possibly release some new Ent-era ships via the C-store (suggestions?).

Xindi Arboreal, Xindi Reptillian and a few more Xindi Humanoid (hairstyles, mainly) parts in the character creator for free for everyone. Suliban playable species for Romulan Republic in the C-store.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    We had a Xindi guy in Surface Tension. I've heard people take that to mean we're getting something to do with the Xindi soon. I don't know if that's the case. But I think if I were Cryptic I'd do a little Enterprise promotion before we get back to Voyager content.

Here's how.

Xindi Reptillian ship (Tac Destroyer) and Insectoid ship (Sci Destroyer) in a lockbox. Aquatic ship (Cruiser) in the Lobi store. Box would also have Xindi weapons, etc etc

Enterprise MACO in the Lobi store for Fed only. Xindi Reptilian costume in the C-Store for all factions.

Buff the D'Kyr to bring it in line with more modern C-store ships and give it a bridge. Possibly release some new Ent-era ships via the C-store (suggestions?).

Xindi Arboreal, Xindi Reptillian and a few more Xindi Humanoid (hairstyles, mainly) parts in the character creator for free for everyone. Suliban playable species for Romulan Republic in the C-store.

Sounds like good stuff, I did enjoy the Xindi, they had a cool dynamic.

My suggestion for ships Is to introduce the Triple Ring Vulcan class they saw on schematics only, give the same vulcan flavor, But have it more modern than the D'kyr, Even just having the Surak Class would be awesome( Not sure how the legal department would handle that ? )

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    IMO the problem with the Xindi is.... they are not very interesting at this point.

They were an interesting villain in the third enterprise season.... because of the situation, because we only learned about them in small steps, because of the whole placement in the expanse.
    They were tailored around that story and IMO only worked there. They were not even very interesting after we KNEW them, not knowing about them, them being an unpredictable threat, THAT was interesting.

Now? In (arguably :mad: ) 2410? They are just generic aliens. The expanse does not exist any more. The Spherers do not exist any more. There is no threat involving them. Even their own, internal conflicts are gone according to that ambassador in surface tension.
    So them being mentioned in that episode is more of a "see? They are still around" to show that this is still supposed to take place in the same universe.
    But I don't think they'll build much on that, given that most ppl didn't like enterprise and given how uninteresting they are in the current time to even people who did like enterprise like myself.

Personally C-store is preferable for the account unlock, But Lobi-Store is better than nothing.
    I can see them potentially putting the Weapon in for the standard 50, and then the Armor for 200 if the examples of the hirogen and Undine armor+tailor unlock are anything to go by

I might question the Business sense of the Ferengi Lobi Crystal consortium selling Vintage Military clothing. I know there are shops that sell that kind of thing, But I don't imagine that its profitable enough to attract the attention of the Ferengi

Honestly? From my POW releasing them in lobby store equals "nothing".
    And it would be kind of stupid. After all, originally they stated that the "lobby" and lockbox stuff was there to introduce "neutral" stuff that isn't tied to a faction and wouldnt be in the game anyway else.
    Sure they already broke that rule with the time ship TRIBBLE but still...
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I hope it goes into the C-Store, simply because of the account unlock and the fact that I hate the entire idea of the Lobi Store. However, I think it's rather obvious that a Xindi lockbox is coming. We got a new Xindi delegate from the Federation (specifically pointed out in the newest episode), confirmed MACO uniforms, AND a model of a Particle Rifle (albeit a much bigger design from the one in Enterprise).

With a new species, possibly playing a big role in a future episode series, plus uniforms and a weapon that match that theme, I smell a lockbox and lobi store additions. Maybe we'll get a couple of Xindi ships too.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

I would much rather have the Enterprise NX bridge design, I've been waiting for that ever since I saw that it wasn't included in the Enterprise Bundle. I actually made a thread about that a while back, when I thought that these new uniforms and weapons would be part of an updated bundle, similar to the Deep Space 9 one that came with uniforms and weapons.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    Sounds like good stuff, I did enjoy the Xindi, they had a cool dynamic.

My suggestion for ships Is to introduce the Triple Ring Vulcan class they saw on schematics only, give the same vulcan flavor, But have it more modern than the D'kyr, Even just having the Surak Class would be awesome( Not sure how the legal department would handle that ? )

Aww but I just bought a D'Kyr so I want that buffed! Haha. Actually I think it would be very cool to have the 3-ring ship or the Surak. Maybe they could do a 3-pack with a set bonus.

Revan, I think you are at least somewhat correct that they were made very interesting by the situation. I still personally find them very interesting even in this time frame, being that they are one of the Federation's success stories in turning enemies into friends and allies. I'm honestly not expecting Cryptic to do anything with them storywise, just suggesting that I would like to fly their ships. I've got a Fed-Alien made up to look like a Xindi and I would get their ships in a heartbeat. And my thought is that if Cryptic were to do a Xindi lockbox, why not do a bunch of other Enterprise promotions such as the Enterprise MACO outfit.

I'm also intrigued by your assertion that "most people didn't like Enterprise." I'm curious if that is true. I certainly liked it and we've sure seen a lot of support here for this MACO design from Enterprise.

enoemg, a c-store pack would be cool as well. I'd buy it. TAKE MY MONEY CRYPTIC!!!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Honestly? From my POW releasing them in lobby store equals "nothing".
    And it would be kind of stupid. After all, originally they stated that the "lobby" and lockbox stuff was there to introduce "neutral" stuff that isn't tied to a faction and wouldnt be in the game anyway else.
    Sure they already broke that rule with the time ship TRIBBLE but still...

Possibly, But going by their previous form, the alternative is Probably through a Rep system, to get the weapon, shield and armor for the unlock

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hope it goes into the C-Store, simply because of the account unlock and the fact that I hate the entire idea of the Lobi Store...
    I for one think the various consumables should not be in that store in the first place. For instance the Tholian web grenades and radiation crystals should be moved to the Nukara rep store; the nanoenergy cells should become available as recipes (much like the ones you can get from 'Boldly They Rode'); and so on.

And speaking of Nukara... whatever became of the vanity drones? The fact that the reps' vanity items have use-time limits and GPL costs is kind of silly, given that they are non-combat 'pets', but that's a discussion for another thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I for one think the various consumables should not be in that store in the first place. For instance the Tholian web grenades and radiation crystals should be moved to the Nukara rep store; the nanoenergy cells should become available as recipes (much like the ones you can get from 'Boldly They Rode'); and so on.

And speaking of Nukara... whatever became of the vanity drones? The fact that the reps' vanity items have use-time limits and GPL costs is kind of silly, given that they are non-combat 'pets', but that's a discussion for another thread.

Yeah. The Lobi store is full of things that should just be in the C-Store or Reputation tracks. And "vanity pets" should just become non-combat pets, at least the Tholian drone (it'd be a bit weird to have Romulans and Remans considered "pets"). But, as you say, a discussion for another thread.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's like - all that "Well, we're trying to balance the Lobi Store content between lock boxes" aside - what's the flippin' point of having the DS9 uniform in the Lobi store for 200 for a single character unlock when you can buy the exact same uniform in the C-Store for 550z and it's an account unlock?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I feel like all those should stay lobi unlocks but they unlock the recipe so that you can make your own.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    I feel like all those should stay lobi unlocks but they unlock the recipe so that you can make your own.

Agreed <10 chars

• Options
    edited May 2014
    westx211 wrote: »

I'd be down with that.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Lobi Store doesn't make much sense to me, as it would be a Fed only thing. Most of the stuff in the Lobi Store are cross faction, with the exception of the DS9 uniforms. I think it would be better to release the Ent MACO outfit via C-Store or enhance the existing Enterprise Bundle by adding it to that and including the MACO rifle. Would kinda bring the Enterprise Bundle up to par with the TOS and DS9 Bundles a bit. Maybe throw in a Shuttlepod too?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)