test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typhoon Class

Comments

• onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    never know, with the leak of the Xindi lockbox....maybe there will be some Enterprise MACO stuff added into the c-store or lobi store
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    never know, with the leak of the Xindi lockbox....maybe there will be some Enterprise MACO stuff added into the c-store or lobi store

Since it appears to be the Reptilian armor going into the Lobi Store, I assume the MACO will end up in the C-Store. CaptainSmirk did give an impression that more uniforms would be added to the C-Store in the coming updates and that an update to the Tailor system might be coming as well.
    edited June 2014
    I don't really blame them haha. Yeah, we've got 30 pages, but it's maybe half a dozen people who start out all wanting one already made set of camo pajamas and end up asking for ships and consoles and sets and god knows what else we've brought up in here. They wouldn't know where to start.

Seriously though devs. Could we at least get some kind of response on the titular topic?

I understand their reluctance to speak out on any rumor or suggestion. I'm always on SmirkChat in-game, and I saw him get flooded with a ton of questions about rumors of new content, when bugs will be fixed, etc. If they started answering every question and topic, they would need a team of people working through the forums full time to get through everything, and more would keep coming.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    I understand their reluctance to speak out on any rumor or suggestion. I'm always on SmirkChat in-game, and I saw him get flooded with a ton of questions about rumors of new content, when bugs will be fixed, etc. If they started answering every question and topic, they would need a team of people working through the forums full time to get through everything, and more would keep coming.

I think the matter is that its not really a rumor, since we have cold hard facts that they do exist in some form in game, the matter now is when and if they will get released. Might be possible that a dev previously employed by cryptic had been working on them and never got them finished, and may never make it into game *shrug*. Just thinking out of the box here.

But I know just by looking at the artwork that they would be SO DAM silly not to put these in game. Especially the new appearnces for maco and omega.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if - as part of a MACO uniform - we'll also get a MACO insignia/combadge and what it would look like since the classic Enterprise MACO insignia were a chest-ribbon with a 'Command' star on it and a unit patch with a mako shark...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if - as part of a MACO uniform - we'll also get a MACO insignia/combadge and what it would look like since the classic Enterprise MACO insignia were a chest-ribbon with a 'Command' star on it and a unit patch with a mako shark...

I've been suggesting that "Combadge" and "Patch" uniform items go into separate categories for some time now. If I want to wear my NX (or Terran NX, if I'm feeling evil) patch AND my Starfleet combadge, I should be able to. The same would go for this.

I assume the Enterprise MACO patches will go something like this. The MACO patch that we all know and love (with the shark/skull) will be on one side, and the Military Assault Command Operations ribbon-like patch will go on the other side. They may have an option to wear one, the other, or both (similar to the Mirror Enterprise patches). The rank patches will be applied at different levels (Sergeant, Major) and the patches will be placed accordingly.

I hope to God it goes that way, because I want to start wearing the MACO insignia on ALL of my current uniforms!
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been suggesting that "Combadge" and "Patch" uniform items go into separate categories for some time now. If I want to wear my NX (or Terran NX, if I'm feeling evil) patch AND my Starfleet combadge, I should be able to. The same would go for this.

I assume the Enterprise MACO patches will go something like this. The MACO patch that we all know and love (with the shark/skull) will be on one side, and the Military Assault Command Operations ribbon-like patch will go on the other side. They may have an option to wear one, the other, or both (similar to the Mirror Enterprise patches). The rank patches will be applied at different levels (Sergeant, Major) and the patches will be placed accordingly.

I hope to God it goes that way, because I want to start wearing the MACO insignia on ALL of my current uniforms!

Agreed. It just wouldn't be the same without some more awesome patches. My characters wear the ENT terran patches on all their uniforms just because they're the only cool arm-patch options.
    edited June 2014
    Agreed. It just wouldn't be the same without some more awesome patches. My characters wear the ENT terran patches on all their uniforms just because they're the only cool arm-patch options.

I just hope that once more patches get added through new uniforms, they will split that category and allow us to wear a patch (maybe one selection per arm?) and a combadge at the same time. I like Starfleet as much as the next guy, but if I get that MACO patch, I'm never wearing another combadge again unless that happens.
    edited June 2014
    Who knows, maybe they could even add other assignment patches like "Utopia Planitia", "Corps of Engineers" and "Advanced Starship Design Bureau" among others to the selection if they seperate combadges and assignment patches.

Imagine commanding an Odyssey while wearing an "Odyssey-class Starship Development Project" patch or an Avenger with its Development Project patch...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,493 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    That would be interesting. Also we already kinda have the groundwork for that through the introduction of the kit parts, as you don't need to match parts on both arms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2014
    ...Eh...

I still argue that the kit parts currently listed under 'Belt' need to be moved to 'Hip Layer' so that they can be worn with a belt and thus not end up looking like they're just stuck on there with double-sided duct tape or something...
    edited June 2014
    Who knows, maybe they could even add other assignment patches like "Utopia Planitia", "Corps of Engineers" and "Advanced Starship Design Bureau" among others to the selection if they seperate combadges and assignment patches.

Imagine commanding an Odyssey while wearing an "Odyssey-class Starship Development Project" patch or an Avenger with its Development Project patch...

I wish they would have done something like that for Anniversary ships. Getting a free Odyssey development patch to wear for testing the USS Odyssey, for instance.

If patches do become a separate category, I image we'll start seeing more of them popping up here and there, for event rewards or from new uniforms.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ...Eh...

I still argue that the kit parts currently listed under 'Belt' need to be moved to 'Hip Layer' so that they can be worn with a belt and thus not end up looking like they're just stuck on there with double-sided duct tape or something...
    yeah, that's a good point. Some are like wearing a utility belt that has no buckle. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We need more backpacks too!

entmaco2.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,757 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    ...Eh...

Agreed. I have brought this up before.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited June 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    We need more backpacks too!

entmaco2.jpg

It's the only part of the Enterprise MACO gear that I never really liked, unfortunately. What's with the rounded piece at the bottom?

However, I have been wishing for backpacks for the Omega and MACO armor sets for a long time. The Omega gear could look so much better with an ODST style backpack like this:

BackpackArticleFig10.jpg
    edited June 2014
    +1 for more stuff.

So devs... Ent Maco?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited June 2014

I mean, they already make patches for most of the new ships they release. Armitage, Vesta, Avenger all have mission patches, I'm sure there's others. They could just stick those on our sleeves and I'd be happy. Not like you need to change the text, you can't read it on high detail anyway, just headcannon to yourself that it's your usual individual ship mission-patch deets.
    edited July 2014
    Just got Lifetime today. That's $200 more for you, Cryptic. Put that towards the MACO uniform!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,493 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I can see the Patches being usable on the Winter Jackets too. Almost like custom flight jackets right there!

And I would like some backpack options to go with my Combat Uniform made out of an Odyssey uniform and some Engie Kit parts. I would replace the Engie pack in two seconds. It works, but looks a little odd for a Tac or Sci to have a pack with what looks like a wrench on it. But its really the only thing that makes my Combat Uniform look decent.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I can see the Patches being usable on the Winter Jackets too. Almost like custom flight jackets right there!

And I would like some backpack options to go with my Combat Uniform made out of an Odyssey uniform and some Engie Kit parts. I would replace the Engie pack in two seconds. It works, but looks a little odd for a Tac or Sci to have a pack with what looks like a wrench on it. But its really the only thing that makes my Combat Uniform look decent.

I also use an Odyssey uniform (with Panel and Pocket pants and Bulky boots) for my away team, with gear from their profession strapped on, and I would love to add the MACO backpack to that, or whatever other backpacks they come up with that don't look like something from Ghostbusters.
    edited July 2014
    Just got Lifetime today. That's $200 more for you, Cryptic. Put that towards the MACO uniform!

That's really funny, I was thinking the same thing as I bought lifetime yesterday, too!
    edited July 2014
    I also use an Odyssey uniform (with Panel and Pocket pants and Bulky boots) for my away team, with gear from their profession strapped on, and I would love to add the MACO backpack to that, or whatever other backpacks they come up with that don't look like something from Ghostbusters.

Odyssey is the closest we can get to the "Combat Ops Blacks" seen in DS9, with the Academy uniforms a close second. And yea... I would trade out the Engie pack for an actual backpack instantly. Although the Jem'Hadar minigun kinda looks good attached to the Engie pack. Actually looks like it attaches to it instead of clips through like most weapons.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Will we ever get this uniform?

screenshot_2013-04-07-11-50-23_zps5fa151a0.jpg

And while we're at it, what about these?

Starfleet_security_officers_in_armor,_2285.jpg
    edited July 2014

No! No! No! No! and NO!
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

And these, this, this, and this.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2014
    Right now we're like this...

1113944051archer.jpg

we want to be like this...

thexindi_047.jpg

Why are they so happy you say? Well... they have the Maco Uniform.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited July 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Why are they so happy you say? Well... they have the Maco Uniform.

So true... I want my damn camouflage!
  • arms14vearms14ve Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ah the MACO uniform STO's version of Recon :P

Can I haz MACO :P
    edited July 2014
    Not sure where this is from... but regardless... MACO!!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/art/M-A-C-O-Military-Assault-Command-Operations-397899709

Failing that... sex up the sierra midriff uniforms

midriffmirror2409.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!