test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typhoon Class

Comments

• killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    I hope that this gets put into an updated Enterprise era bundle. I really want a good NX bridge setup. I just started watching the series from start to finish, and I must say that the NX interior is my favorite of every Enterprise so far, except maybe the Sovereign class.

We really need a better Enterprise bundle than what we get now. They could include the MACO uniform and accessories, the Particle Rifle and Phase Pistol used by the crew of the NX (maybe the stun baton too), the interior layout of the NX, a Shuttle Pod ship and pet, and include the NX ship itself with the old uniforms too. I guess it's too much to hope for a beagle as a non-combat pet, right? Damn...

Anyway, I really want this uniform, and I would pay for an entire bundle to get it and other Enterprise era items. Let's hope Cryptic reads this.

That was actually my first thread lobbying for something when I came to the forums.

Over a year later...
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That was actually my first thread lobbying for something when I came to the forums.

Over a year later...

It was one of mine as well, actually, but I didn't even think about including the MACO uniforms until I saw that they were actually going to be in the game at some point.

I guess not many people enjoy the current Enterprise bundle... throw some exclusives in there, Cryptic.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I'll take Porthos VI Doff with a maco camo jacket on.

It's special ability...

Increases damage verses Caitain/Ferasans ;)

Ha ha i like this
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • sway82sway82 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I assume there might be a Feature Episode based on the Xindi arc of Enterprise in the future. There are already the Xindi Doffs ingame and the whole story has a great potential, with those Sphere Builders, Temporal Cold War and stuff. Enterprise got much more drive with the whole Delphic Expanse thingy and those MACO's in my opinion. :)
    edited March 2014
    sway82 wrote: »
    I assume there might be a Feature Episode based on the Xindi arc of Enterprise in the future. There are already the Xindi Doffs ingame and the whole story has a great potential, with those Sphere Builders, Temporal Cold War and stuff. Enterprise got much more drive with the whole Delphic Expanse thingy and those MACO's in my opinion. :)

I would love a xindi/ent FE as well.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I couldn't care how it arrives. Aslong as we ge the maco outfit in the end. :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2014

I agree, I just want to have the MACO uniform any way possible.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I could. If its lockbox/lobby related I wouldn't get it, so I care HOW it comes.
    edited March 2014
    I could. If its lockbox/lobby related I wouldn't get it, so I care HOW it comes.

I didn't think of that.

Crpytic... C-store... Nowah!!! Take my money!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2014
    If it's in a lockbox (doubtful) or part of a Lobi Store update from a new lockbox (much more likely), then that will be the one circumstance where I will never get it. I refuse to buy lockbox keys for lobi, no matter how much dilithium I have to trade.
    edited March 2014
    Seeing as the war is coming to an end soon cryptic... I'm going to need people wearing these Maco outfits while we assassinate high ranking officials.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As long as we get the camo pattern and full web gear as seen in "Enterprise" episode "North Star", I'm all for it. :D
    edited March 2014
    As long as we get the camo pattern and full web gear as seen in "Enterprise" episode "North Star", I'm all for it. :D

I recently watched the Enterprise episodes that I remembered featured the MACO Commandos, as well as the Mirror Universe episodes, and I now have a very good idea of what I want in the MACO uniform.

I think we'll definitely get the camo fatigues and combat boots specific to that uniform, as well as the belt, which includes the stun baton, by the looks of it, but no holster or pistol, and the backpack, that looks way longer than it should be in the shots that I've seen of it, and the curved part at the bottom extends way farther.

The one part of the uniform that I've seen no screenshots of is the black tactical vest that is worn over the fatigues, especially in the Mirror episodes. It's too bad, but we might not get that part of the armor.

I still really want the MACO's Particle Rifle and the EM-33 Pulse Pistol that are used by the Commandos extensively, and I REALLY want the extended barrel version of the rifle with the scope attachment for my "Sniper" tactical officer.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    looks like a kitbash between one of the old kits with the maco baton thing.

9jBPX6G.jpg

2invE2P.jpg

Looks really nice with the Tal Shi'ar uniform, if only we Romulans and Remans and access to the complete npc versions.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't forget the Beagle non combat pet.

Rottweiler for balance (or some native beast a Terran warrior would keep as a pet).
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited March 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Rottweiler for balance (or some native beast a Terran warrior would keep as a pet).

Aslong as we get the epic outfits, who cares? :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,493 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Yes... bring us the MACO outfits. They would go great with Elite Fleet rifles.
    CRYPTIC! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! I WANNA MACO!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    CRYPTIC! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! I WANNA MACO!

This! And i would pay you guys very well for a whole MACO bundle! :D
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    13423169683_9451bf4946_o.png
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2014
    artan42 wrote: »

Owwwww.....
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2014

Well then... That's new. This makes me think that it'll be part of a lockbox/lobi type thing. It's pictured right next to the 29th century rifle, from the Temporal lockbox lobi-store additions.

But still, GREAT! It's a little longer than it should be, but I still can't wait to get it.
    edited March 2014
    Well then... That's new. This makes me think that it'll be part of a lockbox/lobi type thing. It's pictured right next to the 29th century rifle, from the Temporal lockbox lobi-store additions.

But still, GREAT! It's a little longer than it should be, but I still can't wait to get it.

Might be a different version of the Maco gun? Maybe a sniper?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2014

Maybe. The only weapons that I remember the MACO Commandos using are the standard Particle Rifle, an extended barrel version with a scope (a "sniper"), the EM Pistol, and the stun baton. I really wish they would have stuck with the extended barrel design for a sniper rifle, but this may be the new design that they're sticking with.
    edited March 2014
    WHOA! Where is that picture from? The Foundry?

It looks more like a heavy weapon version to me than a carbine. Maybe we'll see a whole set with sniper, full auto, split beam version etc.???

Well take ma zen for MACO stuff nau plx!!1 ;)
    edited March 2014
    This is the version that I'd love to see at some point, if they're already going to the trouble of adding other MACO equipment.

Particle_rifle_with_extended_barrel.jpg
    edited March 2014
    sway82 wrote: »
    WHOA! Where is that picture from? The Foundry?

It looks more like a heavy weapon version to me than a carbine. Maybe we'll see a whole set with sniper, full auto, split beam version etc.???

Well take ma zen for MACO stuff nau plx!!1 ;)

ESD, in the weapon guys room. (tribble)

Cryptic...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2014

Sweet jesus! Where is that, new ESD?

They're teasing us so hard. Anyone here see my thread on the hirogen bridge the other day from the new lockbox ships? The MACO stun baton is on display with the other weapons as well, another instance of the model at least being in game.

Doubtful, weapons scaling in this game upsizes everything. Especially for display weapons, there's all sorts of crazy proportions on sellers' gun racks throughout the galaxy.
    Maybe. The only weapons that I remember the MACO Commandos using are the standard Particle Rifle, an extended barrel version with a scope (a "sniper"), the EM Pistol, and the stun baton. I really wish they would have stuck with the extended barrel design for a sniper rifle, but this may be the new design that they're sticking with.

I sincerely hope we get the baton. I want that more than the uniform or gun, honestly. I want them all though.

I don't think we'd have to settle for a family of MACO sniper/fullauto/etc rifles. They've made it clear to us that they're able to make guns "transform" like the MACO rifle actually did, see the dyson particle beam for example.

In fact, not only that, but they've been tinkering with melees too, the lobi voth gun for instance. Why rifle butt someone with a collapsible stock? Theoretically speaking, I think it'd be really cool to have a full auto/sniper transformer gun with the stun baton for a melee....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014

A little longer? It's Gorn-zilla sized! Seriously, the handgrips look to be over 2 feet apart!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,493 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I might have to hop on Tribble and see for myself.
    And it had better not be Lobi store... I will go insane.
    Make me grind DL for Zen for Keys for Lobi... :mad:
    I'd rather grind DL for Zen for Enterprise MACO. Unless they're gonna revamp the Enterprise Bundle and add it. In which case... I already have the Enterprise bundle! :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doesn't help they also put the TR-116A rifle up there with that one. GRRR. Cryptic be trollin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!