test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typhoon Class

Comments

• odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bad news, the leak got updated. Xindi clothes, no maco clothes. RAGE.

That just means that the MACO Enterprise uniforms will likely go into the C-Store! Even better! I hate grinding Lobi, even if I am about to get lifetime.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Bad news, the leak got updated. Xindi clothes, no maco clothes. RAGE.

I can see why they did the Xindi Reptilian Armour, ingame (like in the show) it's just a Nemesis Reman costume with wires on.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    I can see why they did the Xindi Reptilian Armour, ingame (like in the show) it's just a Nemesis Reman costume with wires on.

you know what didn't need wires added to it? the maco costume already in the game :(
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you guys don't chill with the spoilers our posts are going to get deleted and the thread will be locked, and god knows the powers that be would love one less thread begging for something they already halfway put into the game.

Back to the topic! What do we want?
    The MACO uniforms and guns and apparently a puppy!
    When do we want them?
    The soonest realistically possible thursday update!

Actually I am still holding out hope for nice normal house cats.
    I get a calico and it will be Spot
    I get a black Persian and it will be Isis.

:D

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maco Maco Maco
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Vaguely related;

Does anyone else think that the graphic for the MACO and Omega Force armors and costumes are reversed? It might be just me, but looking at them, the current 'Omega' costumes look more like they're linage-descended from the Enterprise MACO uniforms than the current 'MACO' armor?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Vaguely related;

Does anyone else think that the graphic for the MACO and Omega Force armors and costumes are reversed? It might be just me, but looking at them, the current 'Omega' costumes look more like they're linage-descended from the Enterprise MACO uniforms than the current 'MACO' armor?

I think I agree with that, they both have a contemporary Special forces look and both look sort of stealthy, while the MACO armor in game is more like a combat EV suit in appearance and is so far from being stealthed you might as well bring a Neon Sign above your head
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
    edited June 2014
    Vaguely related;

Yeah, I agree. I tend to use the Omega armor set appearance much more than the actual MACO armor because it looks like something MACO would use. It looks like the more modern version of the uniform from Enterprise, minus the camo.

I've never liked the MACO armor as much as Omega, but the new sets that are coming out sooner or later (another thing I'm hoping will be released soon) might change that. I just don't like the fact that the legs on the MACO armor have no armor... They're just part of the undersuit, while the rest of it is covered in thick armor plating. It makes for a very uneven look. Also, I don't like the standard MACO gauntlets, mostly because they aren't the same design or color as the rest of the armor and they cover the color (I use black) on the gloves, which really throws off the look. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but it seems like those were a completely different design to the rest of the armor.
    edited June 2014
    Eh, nothing about starfleet design screams practicality over elegance to me. Jumpsuit pajama uniforms, personal weapons that look like tv remotes and have no sighting mechanisms, saucer shaped ships connected to vital systems by vulerable exposed "neck" sections, etc... It doesn't surprise me that the non-starfleet affiliated MACO's sensible camo got co-opted into scifi-space-Cadillac-dom as part of 25 century starfleet.

Omega force seems to be a cross faction special ops force who are all about practicality. Compact AP carbine weapons, stealth abilities, stuff like tetryon glider. Everything about their gear just makes you say "oh wow, that's useful." I know one would expect to see more klingon contribution in a cross faction uniform, but what about klingon uniforms is really practical?
    edited June 2014
    Eh, nothing about starfleet design screams practicality over elegance to me. Jumpsuit pajama uniforms, personal weapons that look like tv remotes and have no sighting mechanisms, saucer shaped ships connected to vital systems by vulerable exposed "neck" sections, etc... It doesn't surprise me that the non-starfleet affiliated MACO's sensible camo got co-opted into scifi-space-Cadillac-dom as part of 25 century starfleet.

Omega force seems to be a cross faction special ops force who are all about practicality. Compact AP carbine weapons, stealth abilities, stuff like tetryon glider. Everything about their gear just makes you say "oh wow, that's useful." I know one would expect to see more klingon contribution in a cross faction uniform, but what about klingon uniforms is really practical?

That's why I liked MACO uniforms when I saw them in Enterprise. Starfleet's dress uniforms (and even the more practical Enterprise jumpsuits) aren't the greatest in terms of being able to withstand general wear and tear associated with away missions, and even running a starship. The camo fatigues worn by MACO, and the other accessories they carry around, is a much better choice for a starship crew that expects to see combat more frequently.
    edited June 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    That's why I liked MACO uniforms when I saw them in Enterprise. Starfleet's dress uniforms (and even the more practical Enterprise jumpsuits) aren't the greatest in terms of being able to withstand general wear and tear associated with away missions, and even running a starship. The camo fatigues worn by MACO, and the other accessories they carry around, is a much better choice for a starship crew that expects to see combat more frequently.

The fragile look of the Uniforms, and their obvious impracticality on away missions is one of the reasons I would like to get the ENT excursion jackets as well as the MACO outfit, It was worn in the desert climates a few times, And I think there was a cold weather jacket worn a few times

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    I think I agree with that, they both have a contemporary Special forces look and both look sort of stealthy, while the MACO armor in game is more like a combat EV suit in appearance and is so far from being stealthed you might as well bring a Neon Sign above your head
    And the real shame is, it does have a 'stealthy' coloration option... which for some silly reason is exclusive to the photonic personnel manning Facility 4028 (reference). Whether it should also count as an EV suit (as the Nukara set armors do) is another debate entirely.
    Eh, nothing about starfleet design screams practicality over elegance to me. Jumpsuit pajama uniforms, personal weapons that look like tv remotes and have no sighting mechanisms, saucer shaped ships connected to vital systems by vulerable exposed "neck" sections, etc...
    Addressing those in order...

• the uniforms are, admittedly, a mixed bag (I use the S31 threads myself, and the merc outfit would be a decent basis for a duty uniform were it usable as such...)
    • also not fond of the phaser pistols' form factor (why I would like to see the visual model divorced from beam type in the new crafting system);
    • related: we'd like to have a talk with whoever thought PWAs should be fired from the hip by default.
    • to be fair, the 'neck' issue isn't exclusive to Starfleet designs, it's just that they have some of the more obvious examples.

Omega force seems to be a cross faction special ops force who are all about practicality. Compact AP carbine weapons, stealth abilities, stuff like tetryon glider. Everything about their gear just makes you say "oh wow, that's useful."
    Agreed.
    I know one would expect to see more klingon contribution in a cross faction uniform, but what about klingon uniforms is really practical?
    I would imagine that adverbero considers them more practical than their Starfleet counterparts.
    edited June 2014
    Considering that for all the fur and leather, at least the Klingon options look like they offer some kind of protection, I'd say that's practical enough.

(It's the fact that - until Armor visuals were put into the tailor, at least - Klingon footwear seems to have a universal spiked-toe thing going that bothers me...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Their plans for the new crafting system include "ultra-rare" upgrades to the existing MACO, Omega, KHG sets (and others), so hopefully these will unlock the unused costumes for those.

Since Season 9.5 will involve an Enterprise race that'd be the perfect opportunity to release the Ent MACO costume in the C-Store.

So all in all I'd say it's looking like we may actually get all of these costumes. Fingers crossed.
    edited June 2014
    Their plans for the new crafting system include "ultra-rare" upgrades to the existing MACO, Omega, KHG sets (and others), so hopefully these will unlock the unused costumes for those.

Since Season 9.5 will involve an Enterprise race that'd be the perfect opportunity to release the Ent MACO costume in the C-Store.

So all in all I'd say it's looking like we may actually get all of these costumes. Fingers crossed.

If they are finally releasing the new variants of the MACO/Omega/Honor Guard armor sets (Tactical, Reaper, Quietus, Che'ron) via the crafting system, I'll be happy. It'll give me a reason to grind it up, at least, since everything else seems to be a random chance of getting a useful item or vendor trash.

I also hope that with the introduction of the Xindi into the story (I'm not sure if this is even happening yet) and the Xindi Lockbox, the Enterprise MACO uniforms will be put into the C-Store.
    edited June 2014
    Who knows, maybe if we are going through a 'Return To The Expanse', we might even get some wild west clothes like from Skagara (Ent: "North Star") - they'd be great for Nimbus III...
    edited June 2014
    I just found something else related to the MACO armor on my fleet's starbase! One of the "Starfleet Security", a Caitian guarding the transporter chamber, was wearing a set of black MACO armor with red lights. It also had the leg plating of the new Tactical MACO set, which we haven't seen released yet, and the rest of it was the Operational set. I tried to take a screenshot of it, but Imgur didn't want to connect to my account or upload images for some reason. So, this confirms that STO NPCs have a much better version of the MACO outfit that can be made different colors that we don't have, both the armor itself and the lights that cover it.

When can we get this, Cryptic!? WHEN?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    If they do put the Enterprise MACO outfit into the C-Store... that WILL be my next C-Store purchase.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2014
    I just found something else related to the MACO armor on my fleet's starbase! One of the "Starfleet Security", a Caitian guarding the transporter chamber, was wearing a set of black MACO armor with red lights. It also had the leg plating of the new Tactical MACO set, which we haven't seen released yet, and the rest of it was the Operational set. I tried to take a screenshot of it, but Imgur didn't want to connect to my account or upload images for some reason. So, this confirms that STO NPCs have a much better version of the MACO outfit that can be made different colors that we don't have, both the armor itself and the lights that cover it.

When can we get this, Cryptic!? WHEN?

Yes, our Mutual Catian Security friend has a snappy dress sense doesn't he.

I got rather familiar with some of the MACO unreleased parts since the MACO "captain" NPCs that are usuable in the foundry have them.
    Those guys really get around, theres only around half a dozen of these guys

edited June 2014
    Yes, our Mutual Catian Security friend has a snappy dress sense doesn't he.

I got rather familiar with some of the MACO unreleased parts since the MACO "captain" NPCs that are usuable in the foundry have them.
    Those guys really get around, theres only around half a dozen of these guys

Why do the Caitians get all the best MACO toys? First, the security team gets the Tactical variant, and now the starbase guards get black armor? And both with different light colors? What's the deal here?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why do the Caitians get all the best MACO toys? First, the security team gets the Tactical variant, and now the starbase guards get black armor? And both with different light colors? What's the deal here?

because the cats are awesome :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited June 2014
    They are unionised, and they elected a very effected Representative

Can you say no to this face ?

6a00d83451f25369e20120a57dbadc970c-pi

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Pray for mercy from... PUSS... in Boots!

Funny thing is... I have a female Caitian with MACO gear... and she doesn't get the fancy stuff. Just the standard, adapted, and Accolade.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2014
    Can you say no to this face ?

Very easily...
    edited June 2014
    I'm tempted to sing that song from "Aristocats"...
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Caitian security fleet asset teams get a special MACO too.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have to make this thread have 10000000 replies before we get any sort of contact from dev's lol.

I really want to see those outfits in game,

maco outfit "enterprise era"
    new maco ground appearance set
    new omega set

would be hella sweet
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
    edited June 2014
    Have to make this thread have 10000000 replies before we get any sort of contact from dev's lol.

Challenge accepted...

new omega set

YES! All of these! Plus the ability to customize said armor with more color options!
    edited June 2014

new omega set

would be hella sweet

I don't really blame them haha. Yeah, we've got 30 pages, but it's maybe half a dozen people who start out all wanting one already made set of camo pajamas and end up asking for ships and consoles and sets and god knows what else we've brought up in here. They wouldn't know where to start.

Seriously though devs. Could we at least get some kind of response on the titular topic?
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Take My Money.