What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: 4-year annviersary ships - The Dyson Science Destroyers

Comments

• Options
    samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So this thread is to be constructive ONLY... if you want to B*tch go to the KDF sub-forum where no one can hear you.

So I have a particular thing about the upcoming 4 year anniversary ships to discuss that I thought warranted its own thread rather than being buried under 130+ pages of the other thread.

These ships are awesome and I have NO problem with a little grind to get them BUT I do have a problem with grinding for a NINE console ship that I will then have to pay more money to get from the LOBI or fleet store... The screenshot suggested that the ship will only have 9 console slots.

So Cryptic you have TWO choices: either remove the grind and give us the 9 console version for free OR keep the grind and give us the FULL 10 console fleet version.

I think the player-base will be most displeased with a grind AND a fleet version.

If 9 consoles is the trade-off for its new abilities then that is fine but I would like to know.
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What happened with no B*****? Read your last 3 sentences. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    samt296 wrote: »
    If 9 consoles is the trade-off for its new abilities then that is fine but I would like to know.

Geko confirmed that it's only got nine console slots due to it's inherent abilities.

Which is total TRIBBLE, really. I cast-iron guarantee you that there'll be a 10-console version in the Lobi store, with the final piece of the new Set exclusively available on that ship.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I suppose my question is, if your intention is to get a fleet version (has this even been confirmed as being in the works, I honestly haven't paid that much attention) and don't like the structure of the present anniversary event to get as you call it a subpar ship..
    Then why acquire the lesser version? Would it not then be better to wait and get the fleet version?
  • Options
    ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol your a bit rude much? KDF subforums is not a place where people b***h all the time, there are more complaining threads in the Federation sub forums than the KDF xD

but back on topic these ships look very interesting but I hate grinding all the time for things and yes it is an MMO grind is kinda a big thing in it but for the anniversary couldn't ya like give us a 9 console one for free like you did with the Obby? lol THEN you can Lobi it to upgrade or get an FSM lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    (has this even been confirmed as being in the works, I honestly haven't paid that much attention)

There's been no mention of a Fleet or Advanced version. I'm merely speculating based on what they did with the Obelisk/Advanced Obelisk and it's asssociated Set, and the vague mentions of the gear that makes up the new Set which includes "a fourth piece, the acquisition of which will be revealed soon".

Two pieces of the set come from the FE (if i've read correctly) and one comes on the Dyson Science Destroyer. So where's the fourth piece? My money is firmly on a Lobi store version. I'll be gobsmacked if it's not.
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can also obtain 3 new purple peaces of equipment for this ship this way which were not available during last anniversary. And secondary deflector is like a console so you have more powerful 9-console sci ship than other 9-console ships. They never reveal if they will put fleet version or lobi version, we will have to wait for a few weeks.
  • Options
    samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    I suppose my question is, if your intention is to get a fleet version (has this even been confirmed as being in the works, I honestly haven't paid that much attention) and don't like the structure of the present anniversary event to get as you call it a subpar ship..
    Then why acquire the lesser version? Would it not then be better to wait and get the fleet version?

I wouldn't get the fleet version probable, but some would... they better atleast give a module discount.
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Geko confirmed that it's only got nine console slots due to it's inherent abilities.

Thank god. That means I can completely skip the anniversary event! If I wanted a 9 console ship, I'd buy one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank god. That means I can completely skip the anniversary event! If I wanted a 9 console ship, I'd buy one.

Me too, will do it for the space suit, but I only fly 10 console Fleet level ships now....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Supposedly, the gimmicks of the Science Destroyers(namely the full transformation) supposed to make up for the missing 10th console.
  • Options
    sevenatsevenat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Slow down tiger...

Let's wait and see what comes out. Then we can decide. To my knowledge they have not confirmed 100% all the details in question. (maybe im wrong on that? sorry if i am)

Lets clean up your ideas a bit better too...
    So Cryptic you have TWO choices: either remove the grind and give us the 9 console version for free OR keep the grind and give us the FULL 10 console fleet vers

Just put this: My idea is ........
    I think the player-base will be most displeased with a grind AND a fleet version.

Grind version is the base version everyone has access to (read: simple and easy for all to aquire). Fleet is not something everyone has access too. If you do have access, you have to do some

things to get it. You don't walk into the bank and get the keys to the vault for free.

Just relax, we know your upset, we understand your worried, but just try to temper that with some vulcan logic okay?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Supposedly, the gimmicks of the Science Destroyers(namely the full transformation) supposed to make up for the missing 10th console.

Yet we have Fleet level veteran ships, which these new ships copy. It is all but guaranteed that there will be either Fleet or more likely lobi store versions..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Yet we have Fleet level veteran ships, which these new ships copy. It is all but guaranteed that there will be either Fleet or more likely lobi store versions..

ehh, i dunno, they could do a multi-faction c-store bundle and just caled it "dyson ship bundle" and you can claim it on any char, however you canonly open the box of your faction, then anyone wanting the fleet version could get a discount.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ummm... I fail to see why this thread deserves its own place. This is nothing more than more of the same regarding complaining about the new ship design and the anniversary grind. Thread merge inbound??? So much for not complaining right?
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    ehh, i dunno, they could do a multi-faction c-store bundle and just caled it "dyson ship bundle" and you can claim it on any char, however you canonly open the box of your faction, then anyone wanting the fleet version could get a discount.

That would be cool, but it will most likely be a 800 lobi box that gives you a faction specific version.. ;)
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's been no mention of a Fleet or Advanced version. I'm merely speculating based on what they did with the Obelisk/Advanced Obelisk and it's asssociated Set, and the vague mentions of the gear that makes up the new Set which includes "a fourth piece, the acquisition of which will be revealed soon".

Two pieces of the set come from the FE (if i've read correctly) and one comes on the Dyson Science Destroyer. So where's the fourth piece? My money is firmly on a Lobi store version. I'll be gobsmacked if it's not.
    You could also say that it could come with a Fleet version from the Fleet store at some point in time. Just because the Obelisk has an "advanced" version from the Lobi store, doesn't mean any and all free ships from this new ship on will have upgraded ships from the Lobi store.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yet we have Fleet level veteran ships, which these new ships copy.
    *shrug* talk to the devs about it, they're the ones who decided.
    It is all but guaranteed that there will be either Fleet or more likely lobi store versions..
    But Al Rivera already confirmed that these are fleet-level ships.

Listen to him here. http://priorityonepodcast.com/po158/
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sevenat wrote: »

Grind version is the base version everyone has access to (read: simple and easy for all to aquire). Fleet is not something everyone has access too. If you do have access, you have to do some

things to get it. You don't walk into the bank and get the keys to the vault for free.

Just relax, we know your upset, we understand your worried, but just try to temper that with some vulcan logic okay?

Perhaps a smidgeon more of that Vulcan logic, eh?

Event runs for around a month, and this particular grind is set up so that you have to be here for 15 of those days to take part in the mini Q game.

Thus, if you can't make 15 of those days, you have no access to that ship.

Your definition of 'all' is getting smaller.

You can argue that the shortfall can be made up with lobi.

However, lobi is a cash derived ingame currency, thus paying with lobi makes it no longer 'free'.

So this statement, "simple and easy for all to aquire", is logically and factually incorrect.

Given that this is the anniversary event, the fact that the specific way this grind has been set up inevitably excludes some players from acquiring the ship has certainly raised hackles.

Perhaps you can understand why.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You could also say that it could come with a Fleet version from the Fleet store at some point in time. Just because the Obelisk has an "advanced" version from the Lobi store, doesn't mean any and all free ships from this new ship on will have upgraded ships from the Lobi store.

No, you're right, it doesn't.

But i'm not going to surprised when it turns out that this one does, and that you can't get the full set bonus unless you drop Lobi on it.

All the decisions that have come to light over the last few days - the Anniversary Grind, Qmendations for Lobi, Cooldown Reduction Tokens - suggests new heights of greed have been reached by Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    *shrug* talk to the devs about it, they're the ones who decided.

But Al Rivera already confirmed that these are fleet-level ships.

Listen to him here. http://priorityonepodcast.com/po158/

Did not know about that, as I have not listened to the interview..

I was going on past releases of this nature, but still, it is Gecko doing the interview, and he has been wrong on so many other STO related things, that his word means very little.
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    9 consoles or 10 consoles does it really matter since most of ppl in sto are carebears. All the current ships/weapons/universal consoles/rep sets are already totally overpower for pve.

The hardest pugs - STFes - can be finished under 10mins. It used to be very hard to completed optional within 15min back in the day. In order to do so, everyone must work as a team. Now, STF elites are more like normal STFs where all you need to do is just blasting stuff. It's getting so bored that I flight no c-store/fleet ship, so I can get the thrill for not dying. I can actually finish a whole cube in STFe -space cure- nowaday with my c-store/fleet ship. Yes, I can single hand kill all the gens/spwn ships and the cube. It's too easy; it's getting boring.

As for pvp, even with 10 consoles, if you're crappy in pvp, you gonna die anyway... 1 extra console wont help... tbh. Just be graceful that you get a free ship that can even outclass most paid ship in game.

Grind? What grind? Please refrain from using the term grind in STO. There is no grind in STO. If playing 10min a day is grinding for you, then you are the most lazy person in the mmo world. There is no mmo out there that can be compared to STO in term of free stuff, fast lvling, easy-to-get-high-end-gears.
  • Options
    galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would also like to point out the fact that OP just called the KDF out for whining when today is not only the one year anniversary of the greatest whine thread of all time, but there are people who want to stage some sort of in game protest today celebrating that anniversary.

And, you know, last time I checked, the Galaxy wasn't a KDF ship.
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a TRIBBLE ship even with it's little gimmick... 3/3 with an optional 4/3 ONLY in tactical mode... so yeah grind your rear off for a ship that is pretty much inferior to a fleet Mogai, because you CANNOT SWAP OUT the proton dual heavy cannon it comes in... so you better forgo those awesome Fleet Spire tactical consoles (or do you get them all +cannon? what about +beam? Does it work with both? Can you use the experimental proton beam with it? Why would you given its horribly low DPS?) and get those crappy +proton ones from the Dyson rep. But all that is worth it because science right? These ships will be everywhere for a little while and then fizzle out because there are better options already in game that dont limit you the way this one does.

Basically 3/3 like a T3 ambassador with a gimmick attached and a special set that will put it on par with current free ships, but nowhere near any decent and certainly not top of the line. Science powers you say? Plenty of other better options out there with MORE consoles and doesn't FORCE you into certain consoles in order to get the most out of it.

I basically said the same thing twice, sorry. Just can't say im excited.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll be picking up at least the Rom one for my rom sci char..... biggest kicker for me is the secondary deflector.... when are they gonna release the blog for these hings already?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    It's a TRIBBLE ship even with it's little gimmick... 3/3 with an optional 4/3 ONLY in tactical mode... so yeah grind your rear off for a ship that is pretty much inferior to a fleet Mogai, because you CANNOT SWAP OUT the proton dual heavy cannon it comes in... so you better forgo those awesome Fleet Spire tactical consoles (or do you get them all +cannon? what about +beam? Does it work with both? Can you use the experimental proton beam with it? Why would you given its horribly low DPS?) and get those crappy +proton ones from the Dyson rep. But all that is worth it because science right? These ships will be everywhere for a little while and then fizzle out because there are better options already in game that dont limit you the way this one does.

Basically 3/3 like a T3 ambassador with a gimmick attached and a special set that will put it on par with current free ships, but nowhere near any decent and certainly not top of the line. Science powers you say? Plenty of other better options out there with MORE consoles and doesn't FORCE you into certain consoles in order to get the most out of it.

I basically said the same thing twice, sorry. Just can't say im excited.
    So, you claim that it's a horrible ship without any proof to back your claim up in any measure? Good to know that there are still some people who will do anything to jump to any conclusion without any information that says anything contrary to their own beliefs.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    matrix0 wrote: »
    Grind? What grind? Please refrain from using the term grind in STO. There is no grind in STO.

Are you like, playing the same game the rest of us are? All STO is these days is grinds.
  • Options
    andyp85pneandyp85pne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When will these vessels be released? Want one bad....

"The Needs Of The Many Out Way The Needs Of The Few!"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Are you like, playing the same game the rest of us are? All STO is these days is grinds.
    Are you really trying to get people to believe that the game is a "grind" fest? If you are, you'll be disappointed in knowing that not all the stuff that happens in this game would be considered a grind to some people. For most, it would be, but then again, for the individual, that doesn't matter.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Me too, will do it for the space suit, but I only fly 10 console Fleet level ships now....

called a second deflector. Probably makes up for not having 10 consoles.

Frankly I plan to pick them up for my science characters. And probably both for my roms. IDK might just do them all for the hell of it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1