What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: 4-year annviersary ships - The Dyson Science Destroyers

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am inclined to believe that it will be a cstore ship with 10 consoles.

And this ship will be implemented through the Spire down the road
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think fleet ones will be tier 3 in season 9 new fleet grind so a lot of ppl cant get them for a season or two. Before any one posts get a invite to a bigger fleets base it does not work with ships consoles only other wise i would of had the fleet Ar'kif 3 weeks ago when i tryed.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    I am inclined to believe that it will be a cstore ship with 10 consoles.

And this ship will be implemented through the Spire down the road

That doesn't make any sense..... the c-store has nothing to do with fleet holdings. Two separate methods of access.

If there will be 10 console version I would not bet on the c-store. They would probably go with something that isn't account-wide.
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    twam wrote: »
    I'd say there's a decent chance, based on past experiences.

Oddy/Bortas -> C-store 3 pack and event version available through fleetyards
    Ambassador/Kamarag -> both event and fleet version available through fleetyards

Then again, these didn't have the unfortunate grind element that is introduced now.

You're outdated. The latest trend is the lobi shop.:D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense..... the c-store has nothing to do with fleet holdings. Two separate methods of access.

If there will be 10 console version I would not bet on the c-store. They would probably go with something that isn't account-wide.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Odyssey_Star_Cruiser
    200k fleet credits. This was the 2 year anniversary ship. 9 consoles.

It has a cstore 3pack variant where it gains an additional console slot as well as other changes depending on the variant

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Odyssey_Tactical_Cruiser

I would say that sets a precedence for my reasoning to make sense...no?

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It has a cstore 3pack variant where it gains an additional console slot as well as other changes depending on the variant

I agree. I certainly hope a C-Store version is in the works, since i would buy a 3 pack before you can say warpcore breach;)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is no way to know when that pic that showed the 9 consoles was taken during its development cycle without dev confirmation. So it is possible that the Dyson Science Destroyer is a 10 console ship now. The devs could have decided after the ship was mostly designed that this ship is too cool to be given out through the FE and have a Fleet ship version and decided to make it like the Event Grind ships. The Risian Corvette and the two Breen Ships all have 10 consoles and were acquired in a similar manner as the Dyson Science Destroyer. So during some event and having to do some daily task a bunch of times.
  • Options
    sp00kstersp00kster Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    There is no way to know when that pic that showed the 9 consoles was taken during its development cycle without dev confirmation. So it is possible that the Dyson Science Destroyer is a 10 console ship now. The devs could have decided after the ship was mostly designed that this ship is too cool to be given out through the FE and have a Fleet ship version and decided to make it like the Event Grind ships. The Risian Corvette and the two Breen Ships all have 10 consoles and were acquired in a similar manner as the Dyson Science Destroyer. So during some event and having to do some daily task a bunch of times.

After looking at the pics on the Dev log, I'm inclined to think the 9 console version will be it... if you think about it, this ship comes with an additional Deflector and from what I could see on the ship, it may be special for that ship, ala Dyson Warp core on the Obilesk, and the cannons appear to be special as well.. so the Devs could reason that since there are 2 ship specific items, it replaces the extra console slot?

Either way, I'm looking forward to getting the ship.. it may not be the best thing out there, but the concept is interesting with the dual modes and the secondary deflector dish.
    The only thing I don't like is the 3/3 weapon configuration in Sci mode.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sp00kster wrote: »
    After looking at the pics on the Dev log, I'm inclined to think the 9 console version will be it... if you think about it, this ship comes with an additional Deflector and from what I could see on the ship, it may be special for that ship

2nd Deflector for all Science Ships is kind of already confirmed ... so NOPE

PS : more like History repeating itself ... "Oh boy Avenger ... with SPECIAL Cruiser Commands ... that's the real deal"
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sp00kster wrote: »
    After looking at the pics on the Dev log, I'm inclined to think the 9 console version will be it... if you think about it, this ship comes with an additional Deflector and from what I could see on the ship, it may be special for that ship, ala Dyson Warp core on the Obilesk, and the cannons appear to be special as well.. so the Devs could reason that since there are 2 ship specific items, it replaces the extra console slot?

Either way, I'm looking forward to getting the ship.. it may not be the best thing out there, but the concept is interesting with the dual modes and the secondary deflector dish.
    The only thing I don't like is the 3/3 weapon configuration in Sci mode.

The second deflector was rumored to be the flanking/cruiser commands of sci vessels..which I could see.

The dhc(if hawk does his proton upgrade. I'll be choked, yet again, at Cryptic's design flaws...), could ( part of a set with the deflector.

we are going to have to wait and see.

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Then why would they implement a grind to give out the TRIBBLE version, which according to statements it isn't, only to then put it in the c-store ? No one would bother grinding the ship if it was the TRIBBLE version of a pimped c-store account-wide unlock.

The Oddy is available from the fleet store, but originally it was a reward for the anniversary event.
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    most likely that secondary deflector slot is gonna be it's own thing.

so those of you thinking of stacking some nice deflectors on it better not get your hopes up to high.

LOL this. so much this.

The transformer ability takes the place of the 10th device slot.

So really this is a average to good ship at best, but still eclipsed by the ones out there.

Maybe they'll make a fleet (doubt it) or Lobi (highly likely) that is slightly better.
  • Options
    cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The second deflector was rumored to be the flanking/cruiser commands of sci vessels..which I could see.

The dhc(if hawk does his proton upgrade. I'll be choked, yet again, at Cryptic's design flaws...), could ( part of a set with the deflector.

we are going to have to wait and see.

What proton upgrade? Link?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Then why would they implement a grind to give out the TRIBBLE version, which according to statements it isn't, only to then put it in the c-store ? No one would bother grinding the ship if it was the TRIBBLE version of a pimped c-store account-wide unlock.

The Oddy is available from the fleet store, but originally it was a reward for the anniversary event.

The weaker version of the ship is what you get. The grind serves as another reason to log into the game.

Obviously the new direction is to always have a grind active for the community to work on.

Makes sense I guess...i don't like that modem but it's obviously what they are going for

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The 10th Console is probably replaced by an innate power that allows the ship to transform between the two different modes. The Veteran Ships have a unique console that allows them to switch between Regenerative and Tactical Mode. So if they went with a console and people removed it or deleted it, then it would be stuck as a Science Vessel with its unique weapon unavailable for use.

Hard to see in the pic, but it looks like it has a unique Deflector to go with the unique Dual Heavy Proton Cannons. I assume that the secondary deflector is only functional in the Science mode to go with the Proton Cannons only being functional in the Tactical Mode. So it is doubtful that there will be a Fleet or C-Store version
  • Options
    kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what i want to know is does it get Bonus Power when in Tactical mode?

the secondary deflector is still there in tactical mode on the Romulan Pic you can tell its in tactical mode because of the 4/3 weapon setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014

• Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping that we get the 10 console version once we redeem the Qmendations. This is the best scenario. This is also in line with the Holiday ships, where after one is done grinding, one attains a fleet-level 10 console ship.

Worst case scenario, we'll get a 9 console version of the ship after grinding, and have to do a Lobi upgrade for the 10 console version. That would be horrible. I wouldn't mind a Fleet version being available, since my fleet is 9 days away from completing the spire, but that's still not ideal.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ya...there hasn't been an anniversary ship where we get the better one and the downgraded version is available through other means.

I'm willing to wager it'll be the 9 that everyone can get access to but the 10 will be spire/cstore or lobi.

After the backlash if the advanced obi in the lobi. I'm guessing it'll be cstore. Buy a version for your faction or pay extra for all three....or some kind of bs like that

• Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What is the price of the new anniversary ships? Both the 9 slot and the ten slot?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    600 lobi so some 120 lock boxes or 15 days for farm

and if will work like every ship before it should be the last version so no other version for ship modules or zen
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah no thanks for any...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    600 lobi so some 120 lock boxes or 15 days for farm

and if will work like every ship before it should be the last version so no other version for ship modules or zen

If there is no other upgraded version then when i get it, thats IT. good. i would hate to grind from a ship and STILL have to grind for the upgrade....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There has been no dev blog specific to the anniversary ships. The only thing kinda sorta release is a screen shot showing 2 deflectors, 9 slots and what appears to be a proton dhc.

I have a feeling that there will be an advanced version to be obtained here....question is lobi / cstore / spire store?

• Options
    kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There has been no dev blog specific to the anniversary ships. The only thing kinda sorta release is a screen shot showing 2 deflectors, 9 slots and what appears to be a proton dhc.

I have a feeling that there will be an advanced version to be obtained here....question is lobi / cstore / spire store?

well from what i read the deflector was or is going to be a special item as well with these ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    IMO the 10th console was replaced by an innate ability to switch from Science to Tactical mode. If you look at the Veteran ships and D'Kora, they include a console to switch between modes. If the Science Destroyer had a console for that, then removing it would make the proton cannon completely unavailable. Therefore, no advanced version of it. The Event Grind ships (Risian Corvette and Breen ships) don't have an advanced version so the Dyson Science Destroyer shouldn't either since it is an Event Grind ship.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kyuzos7 wrote: »
    well from what i read the deflector was or is going to be a special item as well with these ships.

Deflector is a rare item with the infinity symbol to indicate it doesn't have a level which indicate it is a special item with some unique ability. Dual Proton Cannons for Tactical mode and some unique Secondary Deflector ability for Science mode.
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Price?...Merely your soul mawhahahahaha!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The Price?...Merely your soul mawhahahahaha!

dont tempt me.......i want this ship so bad i can taste the bloody thing....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dont tempt me.......i want this ship so bad i can taste the bloody thing....

The JHDC with JHAS pets or getting all 3 Voth ships so you can play a Federation character with Battle Cloak have the price of 1 Soul. However, the Dyson Science Destroyer only costs a very tiny portion of your soul. You won't even realize it is missing.

Only the devs know if there is a 10 console version and how to get it. If it is through the C-Store, then 2500 Zen with maybe a 3-pack bundle that costs 5000 Zen. If it is through the Lobi Store, then 800 Lobi. If it is a Fleet ship, then 20,000 Fleet Credits and 4 Fleet Ship Modules. However, I believe there is no 10 console version due to the reasons I specified in my previous post. So it just costs time to run the FE and do a 5 minute event each day for 15 days or some Lobi or Zen if you are impatient.