test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My thoughts,

Get rid of the quatiloons or w/e they are called. Put the ships on the feature episode as the final reward including the space piece sets we will have to rerun if we wish to get the full 3 piece set. And continue to have the little events going on for the anniversary. Don't make us grind something on the anniversary of the game.. its a bit cold to do that after we just finished doing a winter ship run.

You guys are doing good this year, don't deviate. Its actually ok to give things without making us run through hoops. I'm sure there is more grinds ahead. Allow us to have some fun for once = less grind :)

Just my 0.02$
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sadly I will Be skipping the anniversary event altogether as this daily mission of catching mini-Qs is one of the most annoying things in the game. And yes there was griefing, just like at the Acedemy event.

Last year a did it one time each on a few toon's just to get the balloon party popper. All I remember is having to race all around the map like some mad man, often getting to a Mini-Q too late as another player grabbed it, or worse - getting a Mini-Q and just like the particle finding a dud and continuing the mad dash and bash with other players.

Last year it was Bad and that was just for the limited party stuff that not every player wanted and that most did only once, this year as a daily I can only imagine the grief and say no thanks.

P.s. I am not a poster known for spreading doom and fear. This is just my personal experience doing that Mini-Q mission.

a friend of mine had the problem you describe. He has a poor connection and never could do the mini q thing and gave up playing this game altogether.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    Has this been conclusively confirmed to be happening? or are people just spreading fear because of what one might have said to be the case?

Please, God no. The PvP in this game is terrible. Let me grind in peace, either by myself or working WITH others.

I'm only going to be going after this ship on a single character, and it's already sounding terrible.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014
    Please, God no. The PvP in this game is terrible. Let me grind in peace, either by myself or working WITH others.

I'm only going to be going after this ship on a single character, and it's already sounding terrible.

You don't have to fight other players for the mini-Qs in the sense of a shooting match. There are a limited number of mini-Qs on the map that are 'good' and you have to compete with everyone else to get one that works. So you will have 20 people on the map running around trying to grab the mini-Qs. So you are fighting to find one that works and is not a dud - 5 times over to get the daily reward. If you are not aggressive, just like in the Acedemy particle game - it could take a long time and lots of frustration to get your marks as new people.keep coming into the map.
  • tigermorphtigermorph Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just got 8 tunes through the winter event, and now I find out that the anniversary ships are not the free give away, but another grind??? :eek:

Not a fun episode like the Obelisk Carrier, with Worf was?

This is STAR TREK Online, NOT Star GRIND Online!

Come on Cryptic, your our only hope for this game! And I Love the Game. This game is different, than DND Online, or All the other roll playing games, . . . or at least it was, before you putting grinding into it.

I don't want STO to become like other grind based games. . . But I hope you folks will keep it a intelligent game of not only protecting the Federation, and the Empire, but also exploration and first contacts.

Please keep it Trek! Thanks for your consideration.
    Tiger
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I did this stupid mini game my self during the second year i think and i hated every second of it I really want that ship but I DONT WONT TO GRIND!!!:mad:
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

I wanted to stop by and let you know we've been reading (and will continue to) this thread since it's inception and are considering your feedback -- it's not being fallen deaf ears and we appreciate the passion everyone has around the event and the new ships. Please just remember to keep your feedback constructive, as nonconstructive feedback is harder to consider.

I may have some additional information than this, but here is some more information about the event that I can share now:

• As mentioned, you'll get 400 Qmendations on your first play through of the new FE.
    • The "daily" to get 40 more has taken 2-5 minutes on average during testing, and you either complete one mini-game or another for the daily.
    • The event runs for 28 days (we say 25+ as we also have maintenances, etc.)
    • With only 600 more Qmendations needed, you'll need to complete 15 dailies in those 28 days (around once every other day, or so).

We've got this information and much more planned in upcoming Dev Blogs, so stay tuned and thanks again for your passion and feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I just wanted to quote this original comment from Brandon.

And highlight that it seems that they may well have been listening but according to the latest blog post, http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1085941, it has indeed fallen on deaf ears and they will go ahead with this particular grind regardless.

What price credibility?

As I said before I will be giving this a miss. The grind (and that's becoming an ever present theme in the forums) when used to this degree is boring, tedious and certainly NOT fun. I will use my time more productively.
    server_hamster6.png
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I guess I will be doing this only on my Romulan science officer as there really is not any true science ships for the Romulan Republic (the Ha'nom sux in my opinion).
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As others have said Bran, why post that you are listening to our feedback, then post a Dev blog that shows that you have infact not done so.

When so many have said that grindaversary is a very bad idea, you should come up with better solutions. Since we have to replay the new FE 3 times if we want all the gear, why not say play it a fourth time to get the ship(s)?

I have heard the rumors of a reset token, but so far no info on this either how much it will cost, or if it will work on the grindaversary. If it does work on the grindaversary, that is a nice option, if the tokens are not stupidly expensive that is...

But the main thing that grinds my gears is the fact that you told us you were listening, and then go ahead with the original plans regardless of our feedback.

Why tell us the above when it was not true? Does give us a sour taste in our nouths, and blunts your/Cryptic's credibility...
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I guess I will be doing this only on my Romulan science officer as there really is not any true science ships for the Romulan Republic (the Ha'nom sux in my opinion).

Wait, so the grind is per-character? If I have, for example, 4 characters that are more-or-less "main" I need to run the event 4 times a day?

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on the mini-mission, but it seems like the ship should be account-bound...
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait, so the grind is per-character? If I have, for example, 4 characters that are more-or-less "main" I need to run the event 4 times a day?

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on the mini-mission, but it seems like the ship should be account-bound...

Yes, from the sound of it, it's going to be the exact same thing as the winter event and Q photos
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Event ships have always been per character which is why many folks are complaining here. For many years STO had a content drought so we never had a lot to do but repeat content over and over. To ease the monotony we made many many alts to vary the experience and for that we are now being 'punished' by these methods.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited January 2014

Every ship acquired free from events (Chel Grett, basic Odyssey, basic Bortasq, Plesh Brek, Risian Corvette, Ambassador) have been per character unlocks.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Every ship acquired free from events (Chel Grett, basic Odyssey, basic Bortasq, Plesh Brek, Risian Corvette, Ambassador) have been per character unlocks.

Technically, they are not even unlocks. You can't reclaim those event ships if you dismiss them. ;)
    edited January 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Technically, they are not even unlocks. You can't reclaim those event ships if you dismiss them. ;)

Very true. Also you can add the Kamarg to that list as well.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    I just wanted to quote this original comment from Brandon.

And highlight that it seems that they may well have been listening but according to the latest blog post, http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1085941, it has indeed fallen on deaf ears and they will go ahead with this particular grind regardless.

What price credibility?

As I said before I will be giving this a miss. The grind (and that's becoming an ever present theme in the forums) when used to this degree is boring, tedious and certainly NOT fun. I will use my time more productively.

Isn't it sad when one finds they are more looking forward to this new lock box than the 3rd year celebration event. I too won't be participating in the event. I'll take advantage of the free stuff when I am on, but not grinding for the anniversary ship. I'll buy a Hirogen ship off the exchange or via the lobi store with the 800+ lobi I already have.

It is obvious they aren't listening to us, or simply don't care. I think their statistics after the month is over will show this year was the lowest stats yet of people participating in the anniversary celebrations. Oh well their loss not ours.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well this is a **** storm here. while i support all the people that are angry because this new an. event. at the same time i understand cryptic point of view of making you play the game on a daily basis as i am sure they get some extra money out of it. now i will be harsh on both sides.

1. community
    if the game in a test server last 5 min, this means you will finish it probably in 3 min. if you have 10 toons, this will be 30 min. a day, what can you do so much better whit your time in this game? not much. also, why do you all think you should have this new ships on ALL of your toons. I play this game for a long time, i have an. oddy and bortas on 3 of my toons, OUT OF 10. i didn't have all toons then, so they don't have those ships, big deal.

ships are free as you are playing a game and you don't have to pay for them, and you would play the game reword ship or not, so it is not work as some one compered it to it. you don't get payed when you play basketball whit your friends.

2. cryptic. repetition is your worst enemy and i am boggled that you don't understand this. when we had crystalline even, i grinded all my 7 toons (at that moment in time it was 7) and when i picked up rewords i didn't play the game for more then 2 months, and i was sure i wouldn't play star trek any more, it burned me completely, luckily for me and you i love ST IP to much, and you did put season 8 out so there was something new to play (but to be clear if there was no new content I would not be back to play this game for a long time, as experience after crys. event was sickening, and that bonus at the end of the day meant nothing).
    leave this event as it is, rushing bad solutions will not solve the problem, so leave it as it is, and it will be what it will be, a sickening grind fest (you really did miss here, badly ;) ).

but for next events, if i may, a little proposition (to petition the lord with prayer ;) ).

make as one an. mission that will give 40 whatever for the end game, but make it so that whatever els we play we get 5 of it out those per any missions, stf, ad. zone, story line missions, etc... that way at least we can avoid the biggest problem and that is repetition.

P.S.
    and by all means if some one WANTS to buy an. prize, put the price on 5000 zen or 800 crystals and let them.

all the best and keep up the good work.

Oddball

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    Stupid Grind
    Stupid Mini Game
    Stupid Anniversary!!!

^^^^ This 100000000000000000000000000000000000 times
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I cant believe it has been 4 years. From day 0ne to today he games has become night and day. the game is on the right track. What this game really need is more Stf like the borg one in all the other faction. Happy Birthday Star Trek Online

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tigermorph wrote: »
    This is STAR TREK Online, NOT Star GRIND Online!

Correction: This was STAR TREK Online, now it is Star GRIND Online. Now with less Trek and more grind.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Correction: This was STAR TREK Online, now it is Star GRIND Online. Now with less Trek and more grind.

Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers? :P
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »

Explorers? What is that? :confused::confused:
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014

you mean those poorly generated and repetitive exploration missions you can do out in the "unexplored" area maps? you can still do those
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    Explorers? What is that? :confused::confused:

No-one knows anymore.

Also Cryptic, fyi - this is how you do an Anniversary Giveaway.
    edited January 2014

Not really, no. Game might as well have been called "Star Trekkin" all along from what I've seen. Only been here since 2nd Anniversary though, maybe 'twas different before that.
    "Ah- we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill
    We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men!" ;)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The solution, I think, is the featured episode itself. It's 400 "Qmendations" for the first run, right? Maybe make it 20-25 "Qmendations" on every subsequent playthrough. Much more desirable than party patrol.

Also, remove the time gating. And let us share Qmendation between characters on the same account.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited January 2014
    Not really, no. Game might as well have been called "Star Trekkin" all along from what I've seen. Only been here since 2nd Anniversary though, maybe 'twas different before that.
    "Ah- we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill
    We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men!" ;)

That's the joke.
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited January 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    As others have said Bran, why post that you are listening to our feedback, then post a Dev blog that shows that you have infact not done so.

When so many have said that grindaversary is a very bad idea, you should come up with better solutions. Since we have to replay the new FE 3 times if we want all the gear, why not say play it a fourth time to get the ship(s)?

I have heard the rumors of a reset token, but so far no info on this either how much it will cost, or if it will work on the grindaversary. If it does work on the grindaversary, that is a nice option, if the tokens are not stupidly expensive that is...

But the main thing that grinds my gears is the fact that you told us you were listening, and then go ahead with the original plans regardless of our feedback.

Why tell us the above when it was not true? Does give us a sour taste in our nouths, and blunts your/Cryptic's credibility...

No, the tokens are not a good option. The grind was added specifically to sell those tokens. It's like getting punched in the face and being offered to pay them to not punch you in the face.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    donrah wrote: »
    No, the tokens are not a good option. The grind was added specifically to sell those tokens. It's like getting punched in the face and being offered to pay them to not punch you in the face.

A protection racket? Heh. That might be a step too far with the hyperbole. ;)
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    The solution, I think, is the featured episode itself. It's 400 "Qmendations" for the first run, right? Maybe make it 20-25 "Qmendations" on every subsequent playthrough. Much more desirable than party patrol.

This would work...if the people emphasizing how hard they're listening (that would be Cryptic) gave a [censored].

But the fact that they're "closely monitoring this thread" for all its "valuable feedback" and have since announced that we're still to grab our ankles and chase Q for a while makes clear the reality: "We care enough to make a pretense of listening, while we go ahead and do whatever we've decided anyway. Thanks for your feedback, hamsters, now get on your wheels and get to it if you want your so-called 'gift' from us. But hey, we're adding a new way to buy your way to the head of the line, so enjoy!" :rolleyes: