test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The blog already has proved that they are NOT going to make any changes.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Every ship acquired free from events (Chel Grett, basic Odyssey, basic Bortasq, Plesh Brek, Risian Corvette, Ambassador) have been per character unlocks.

don't forget that fleet ships are per character ( at a cost of 4 ship modules which is twenty dollars, that is more or less a rip off, considering there are ships in game I can pay a lot less for that unlock for all my characters..)

ive said it a ton on the forums, the prices are way to high, the methods are way to boring and grindy, and the alternatives are too expensive in both time and recources..
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    A protection racket? Heh. That might be a step too far with the hyperbole. ;)

It's not hyperbolic at all. Although, it's more like paying to get the beating all in one go rather than just one punch in the face a day.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's the deal.

If as a child my parents had told me that for my b-day they had a (insert cool gift here) but that I would have to do chores for 15 days to get it, I would have told them to keep it. If they told me "no, you'll really want it. This it's the deluxe model", it would just upset me even more.

As an adult, If my significant other came home for our anniversary and told me he had an amazing gift for me but that I would have to work for it and wait 15 days, I would tell him to take the present and shove it up his TRIBBLE$.

Same principal here folks. We don't care how SUPER COOL this ship is. The fact that it's SUPER COOL makes it worse. It's screwed up to make us grind for these ships. Make us grind for set consoles, make us grind for armor and weapons. Don't make us grind for ships, especially not anniversary ships.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

you do realize that most of us already play on a daily basis, and we don't want to be forced into playing something we might not be particularly into playing, but rather playing what content we like..

beaming down to the academy and playing hide and seek, with 20 other people trying to do the same, is not my idea of fun..

and most here are not saying to just give us the ship, but to keep it in the spirit of the anniversary event, and focus on the fe, and reward us accordingly..

your comments about the repetition are there, and that is a big problem.. playing something more than once is fun, just not multiple times a day every day... asking a player to play something 16 times in a row is definatly a problem.. adding a ship to that makes it worse.. it wouldn't be so bad if you asked me to run something 15 times to get say a jet pack, or something that is cool, and desireable, but not necessarily game impacting..

the way I look at it is the event is all backwards.. the ship should be rewarded for completing just the FE, perhaps, the consoles should take a little extra work... at least you get the ship, and can move forward equipping it after, and feel some small feet of accomplishment and forward progression.. not get all the gear, and waite for the ship...
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    <snip>
    your comments about the repetition are there, and that is a big problem.. playing something more than once is fun, just not multiple times a day every day... asking a player to play something 16 times in a row is definatly a problem..

<snip>

the way I look at it is the event is all backwards.. the ship should be rewarded for completing just the FE, perhaps, the consoles should take a little extra work... at least you get the ship, and can move forward equipping it after, and feel some small feet of accomplishment and forward progression.. not get all the gear, and waite for the ship...

This is true. We have nothing against repetition and to prove it just look at the Obelisk/Bortas/Temporal missions. many of us did that mission somewhere in the region of upto 50 times due to the number of toons we have. The difference is we never had the restrictive timings or forced (griefable) content.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    donrah wrote: »
    No, the tokens are not a good option. The grind was added specifically to sell those tokens. It's like getting punched in the face and being offered to pay them to not punch you in the face.

What I meant by saying the tokens are a good option, is simply that those who want to use them to shorten the grindaversary, can do so.

I doubt the grind was specifically made to sell tokens, but perhaps a combination of ship grinding and token sales.

Also AFAIK, they have not yet mentioned the tokens in any Dev blog yet, so until they do, it's just speculations on our part...
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    very small number of post were constructive, the rest are "i will not play" fine, don't play it.

See, I take a different view. I am going to play it.

I'm just not going to enjoy it.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They should make this new science ship an account wide unlock. Do this stupid and boring grind 1 time and unlock it for all of your toons. Or, just give it to us for doing the anniversary mission once.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For those going on about how the devs said that they were taking in our feedback and did nothing to change it: You got to remember that unless it's something big like a forum vote for what we want to next see in the game, They won't make any dramatic changes. When it comes to trival matters like a grind, most of us are the minority.

I have 7 characters (considering getting an eighth during the event) and I know it'll take me a while to get the ship for all of them. However, I'm willing to spend a little extra time doing it for all of them because I really want those ships.

There's only been one ship I didn't have the patience for and that was for the summer grind. All the other ships that they've given away I have collected at least on some characters.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For the new anniversary Voyager mission, please make it playable by low level characters. I'm making a science toon, and don't have time to get the character to level 50.
    edited January 2014
    Level 10+, I believe.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, it is level 10 ... after february 27th it'll be level 50
    P58WJe7.jpg

• tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    most events are ML 10 so that roms can play them the moment they get access to their alliance, but after said event missions are placed somewhere in the leveling process.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suzy32 wrote: »
    I cant believe it has been 4 years. From day 0ne to today he games has become night and day. the game is on the right track. What this game really need is more Stf like the borg one in all the other faction. Happy Birthday Star Trek Online

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
    Yeah, I gotta agree there. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Qmen-question:

So these are like the winter photos of Q from what Ive gathered and the 400 Qmark bonus seems nice BUT

Should I run all days and save the extras for next year? or will it be a useless effort?
    edited January 2014
    no one knows, its upto you really.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And why does Q need two currencies ingame?

Shouldn't these QMs have been Q glossies?
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    And why does Q need two currencies ingame?

Shouldn't these QMs have been Q glossies?

because it's a different event, the winter event and anniversary are 2 different events.... thats like asking why they cant use their QPic's to get the risian corvette, it's to prevent those who run the race every single day to have a headstart on a completely seperate event.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    Should I run all days and save the extras for next year? or will it be a useless effort?

i wouldn't bother going the extra mile on this one. I don't see saving for next year being beneficial like with the Winter and Summer events.
    edited January 2014
    kintisho wrote: »

I'd be tempted to build up a backlog. Unless they listen to us, you can bet your bottom dollar that this grind will be back for the 5th Anniversary.
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This would work...if the people emphasizing how hard they're listening (that would be Cryptic) gave a [censored].

But the fact that they're "closely monitoring this thread" for all its "valuable feedback" and have since announced that we're still to grab our ankles and chase Q for a while makes clear the reality: "We care enough to make a pretense of listening, while we go ahead and do whatever we've decided anyway. Thanks for your feedback, hamsters, now get on your wheels and get to it if you want your so-called 'gift' from us. But hey, we're adding a new way to buy your way to the head of the line, so enjoy!" :rolleyes:

The solution is simple at this point, if they really won't listen to player feedback, speak with your wallet. An abundance of monthly golds suspending their payments around the same time, C-store purchases seeing a hefty drop, and overall player activity falling with an specific focus on avoiding the Anniversary event this year would send the message loud and clear. It just depends on if people really have the integrity to stick with it and not just roll over because they don't want to 'Miss out'. That 'missing out' is the hook that intentionally try to keep you from doing such. It's a psychological element of control.

The mentality of players being cash-cows and can just be milked for all they got without actually providing them a fun experience is a growing cancer in the industry. Compounding it, is that far too many consumers are complacent in it, and think they can't do anything to change it. But you can, by not patronizing those who practice it, refusing to fund these kinds of despicable mechanisms. Your money is what keeps games going, good or bad, if you refuse to support such things, they will falter. The smarter ones will recognize and adapt to the needs of the players to survive.
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited January 2014
    terongray wrote: »
    The solution is simple at this point, if they really won't listen to player feedback, speak with your wallet. An abundance of monthly golds suspending their payments around the same time, C-store purchases seeing a hefty drop, and overall player activity falling with an specific focus on avoiding the Anniversary event this year would send the message loud and clear. It just depends on if people really have the integrity to stick with it and not just roll over because they don't want to 'Miss out'. That 'missing out' is the hook that intentionally try to keep you from doing such. It's a psychological element of control.

The mentality of players being cash-cows and can just be milked for all they got without actually providing them a fun experience is a growing cancer in the industry. Compounding it, is that far too many consumers are complacent in it, and think they can't do anything to change it. But you can, by not patronizing those who practice it, refusing to fund these kinds of despicable mechanisms. Your money is what keeps games going, good or bad, if you refuse to support such things, they will falter. The smarter ones will recognize and adapt to the needs of the players to survive.

That's all very true, but without the numbers behind it, your personal contribution has little impact. For it to have influence, the masses must act in unison. That's easier said than done.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to build up a backlog. Unless they listen to us, you can bet your bottom dollar that this grind will be back for the 5th Anniversary.

At the current rate I will be jaw-dropped SHOCKED if this game has a 5th anniversary. I honestly feel it's going to implode with a mass-exodus of 90% of its player base leaving and upset. Maybe not the second they institute the latest grind, but this grind is literally paving the way for institutionalized grinding on an unheard of scale in STO. I think that before another year passes they will have driven the game into a horrible, fiery, grindy death.
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "As we shared with you earlier, these incredible new ships are also pre-equipped with a secondary deflector. In late February (next month), we?ll be releasing a 3-pack C-Store bundle of each factional Dyson Science Destroyer, and each of those ships will feature a fantastic new console, in addition to upgraded stats, including a 10th console slot."

in blog #45

well they're making us grind for a 9 console ship... and selling a 10 console in the C-store which will have 3 version packs for each faction!....

and they're making us grind for a 9 console version!!!...

:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i new they be one be it Cstore or fleet still would not put a fleet one past them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so everyone else is mad that we get a junk ship and have to pay for the real thing. sad to see such a change in you cryptic. At least the free ody we got a long time ago was good. These are not and you're making us grind for it.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm hoping that Cryptic decides to at the very least remove the cool down timer from this new Anniversary Grind so that the players can decided for themselves when they want to complete the grinding while the event is active but with the new pay for cool down reset ticket coming with the event I doubt that this will happen.

Has I said before I have no problem with Cryptic trying to make money but to use the Anniversary event in this way just reeks of wrong.

If no changes are made to the current plans for this unneeded Anniversary Grind then the final free c-store gift needs to be a useful ship for each faction to help quell some of the rage IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014
    FANTASTIC news for me - the 10 console.versions will be coming to the c-store as a 3 pack account wide unlock!! Not even having to go the fleet version route and account wide is Amazing!! Dream come true for us science players!! That and I will not do the mini-Qs grind. Ya!!
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sudonami wrote: »
    so everyone else is mad that we get a junk ship and have to pay for the real thing. sad to see such a change in you cryptic. At least the free ody we got a long time ago was good. These are not and you're making us grind for it.

They're making you grind for a 4 set bonus.