test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/2MyXrWt.jpg

(Event reputation has been extended with a 4th project slot)
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why grind? You can also purchase them through the Lobi store :bananadance:
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well that's gonna be very long anniversary.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nooooooo!!!!!

Well at least this means the free ship is going to be a 10-console competitive one rather than another 9 console "sample" item like the oddy, bortas, ambassador or obelisk.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unless they surprise me with the specs on those Science ships, I doubt I'll see much point in grinding for one. I'm not big on the cheesy space magic.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Why grind? You can also purchase them through the Lobi store :bananadance:

Yes, you can do that. But that requires an unspecefied ammount of Lobi. Aaaand Lobi can only be gotten from lockboxes, or the infrequent Lobi events.

I seriously hope it not like the winter/summer events, making us grind like crazy for a paltry 40 Qmentadtions.... That would suck...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    guess this means i have to reserve another 20 odd days for hour a day to these baseless grinds. i honestly thought getting the ship would be a simple matter of heading to a contact and getting the proverbial keys to the ship and be done with it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rohthagarohthaga Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fingers crossed its something good :o
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meh. I only play with canon ships, so yet again, enjoy the grind to everyone.. lol...

I do find it kind of shallow and pedantic that the anniversary event has been turned into a grind.. what happened to having a featured episode that rewarded you with it at the end.. and why does cryptic think the player base loves the grind? I mean when sitting around the table, do they all chuckle when they come up with a new grind.. saying " oh, this will really get them in an uproar"? cause at this point, they know its not very popular.. (and cryptic, there is a difference between people doing the grind cause they want something and liking the grind..)..
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...how long is this going to last????? I mean, Winter event just ended, how long...

And these had better be 10-console ships. Or I won't even try for them.

Ah, well. I can use the extra slot. It's nice of Cryptic to do that for us, so that we don't need to cancel our Breen ship projects or the CE projects.

EDIT: And seriously, I don't really mind the grind too much, but this is just getting ridiculous.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    ...how long is this going to last????? I mean, Winter event just ended, how long...

http://i.imgur.com/mJXk0qI.jpg
    puttenham wrote: »
    I mean when sitting around the table, do they all chuckle when they come up with a new grind.. saying " oh, this will really get them in an uproar"? cause at this point, they know its not very popular.. (and cryptic, there is a difference between people doing the grind cause they want something and liking the grind..)..
    Well that's the point, sadly. You can grind each day and "earn" your "totally free starship", or, if you have no time or patience, can spend your money/Lobi instead.

Truth be told, I'm not sure which option I prefered more - a free 9-console variant with a purchasable 10-console upgrade (C-Store, Fleet-Store, Lobi Store), or this grind. I know Cryptic has to earn money, but still, there's a limit as to how much grind players can take. Especially since it's probably going to be something tedious and pointless, like the winter race.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/2MyXrWt.jpg

(Event reputation has been extended with a 4th project slot)

WTF, Really?

We just got through that BEAR of a grind via the Winter Event - this darn ship better be worth my time and effort.

This is why F2P is a "F" up business model, seriously it is, it ruins games and its community.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Where are you getting these pictures?

Just curious, and a little sad now
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    And the grinds just keep on coming. Couldn't they just make it an enjoyable mission like last year?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »

Likely from Tribble. And yeah, I'm mildly annoyed, too.
    edited January 2014

Latest Tribble build. Open your Event Reputation window and click "Info".

http://i.imgur.com/DxraMFb.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/im4f3KD.jpg
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    meh. I only play with canon ships, so yet again, enjoy the grind to everyone.. lol...

I do find it kind of shallow and pedantic that the anniversary event has been turned into a grind.. what happened to having a featured episode that rewarded you with it at the end.. and why does cryptic think the player base loves the grind? I mean when sitting around the table, do they all chuckle when they come up with a new grind.. saying " oh, this will really get them in an uproar"? cause at this point, they know its not very popular.. (and cryptic, there is a difference between people doing the grind cause they want something and liking the grind..)..

This, so much this.

The previous anniversary missions gave the ship as a reward, same with Sphere of Influence.

Why change this Cryptic? Was Tim Russ that expensive?

I hope they reconsider this, and give the ships as mission rewards, instead of another useless grind...

Talk about sucking the fun out of everything with the stupid grinds Cryptic...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014

tribble most probably.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All this griniding is stupid and ridiculous, I for one am not doing it because its stupid and annoying, and its a sci ship. Who gives a hot diggity damn. I dont care how pretty it is I AM NOT grinding for a POS ship
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whaaaat? In past years they just had some mission and then it was ours, this is stupid. Maybe it will work like this, doing the mission will give you the amount you need and theres your ship, else why bother. I wont grind for it, I have enough fleet and ZEN starships anyway, just sad to see it take this turn,
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yay, more grind...and I was looking forward to lazy doffing too...
    edited January 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Yes, you can do that. But that requires an unspecefied ammount of Lobi. Aaaand Lobi can only be gotten from lockboxes, or the infrequent Lobi events.

I seriously hope it not like the winter/summer events, making us grind like crazy for a paltry 40 Qmentadtions.... That would suck...

I know, that's why I banadanced ;)

Of course the "grind" will be padded out as much as possible to "provoke" purchases for keys. That's the business model of the game, after all.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited January 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    WTF, Really?

We just got through that BEAR of a grind via the Winter Event - this darn ship better be worth my time and effort.

This is why F2P is a "F" up business model, seriously it is, it ruins games and its community.

Its a sci ship, so unless you like to be cheesy, then no its a POS
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh my, I managed 54 signed autographs of the thousands needed for a ship, so I am not even going to try this event.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited January 2014
    Its a sci ship
    Source?

/10char
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Um. Everywhere? Go on tribble and look =_=
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll wait for the fleet or ZEN variant, if they are this desperate for cash it will end up there for 3 0r 4 thousand ZEN.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
    edited January 2014
    bannon3 wrote: »
    I'll wait for the fleet or ZEN variant, if they are this desperate for cash it will end up there for 3 0r 4 thousand ZEN.

Ha. I wonder what special console it will have.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Latest Tribble build. Open your Event Reputation window and click "Info".

http://i.imgur.com/DxraMFb.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/im4f3KD.jpg

this is just freakin' great... not just that I will have to go over this pathetic grind session again with all my toons if I want this damn ship, I will also tied to Academy/QFS/ESD. AGAIN. I hope these ships will very well worth it. Any new info on them BTW?
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Hi Captains,

This image was taken from Tribble, but I wanted to provide a few important notes about this. The free ships this year are not your average Anniversary ship; they've got some extremely amazing bells and whistles, and even 2 new mechanics being introduced for the first time (more info soon). Because of this, you'll need to work a tad bit harder for a free ship over just running an episode one time. However! You will receive a package of 400 Qmendations as a one-time reward the first time you complete the Featured Episode, "A Step Between Stars." That means you only need to collect 600 more, which at 40 a day from completing a short daily, will take 15 days out of the 25+ days the event runs. There should also be a Lobi option for additional/ substitute Qmendations.

All of this info and much more will be coming up in our Dev Blogs next week, and I think once you see the ships, you'll see why a little extra effort for the ships will be more than worth it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited January 2014
    Ha. I wonder what special console it will have.

One which will consume Dilithium or ZEN on activation.
    lFC4bt2.gif