test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• enyojarosenyojaros Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Usually look forward to anniversary events as they are a break from the usual grind but this year I'll be giving it all a miss.
    Likely wont even bother with the 'mission' I'll just watch it on youtube.
    This is the first time I've thought that an entire event was a complete waste of dev time, at least from my perspective. To those that enjoy this sort of thing - more power to you.
  • jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    You don't seem to get it.

The daily will most probably look like this:

- Take the Daily from Q hanging around ESD/Qo'noS
    - Beam down to the Academy
    - Find and approach a Mini-Q and talk to it
    - If he runs away, chase it down (takes a few seconds)
    - If he starts the shell game, pick the right box (takes about a minute)
    - Repeat four more times with other Mini Q's
    - Beam up to the ESD/Qo'noS
    - Turn in the Daily to Q and get your Qmendations/rewards

If you consider other players chasing down Q's, as well as the possibility of a failure, then those 2-5 minutes can turn into 5-10 minutes at worst.

Here is the thing. that is TRIBBLE boring content. How about this:

- Que up for somthing you like to do. Like a Foundry mission or a Borg STF
    - Get Qmedation for playing the above. you know something fun. The content the Devs spent time on. Not something they threw together.
    - Tell your firends what a great game STO is.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    at last somone who sees it the way i do, i was begining to think i was unique.

you two imo are a small group getting smaller ever grind they put out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    you two imo are a small group getting smaller ever grind they put out

^^^ this is the truth. a year ago, this whole discussion would have been very different.. now, its less fan boyish, and more realistic..
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jengoz wrote: »
    Here is the thing. that is TRIBBLE boring content. How about this:

- Que up for somthing you like to do. Like a Foundry mission or a Borg STF
    - Get Qmedation for playing the above. you know something fun. The content the Devs spent time on. Not something they threw together.
    - Tell your firends what a great game STO is.

The devs could have chosen several Foundry missions and make them qualify for the daily event, period, simple, no freaking idiotic looking miniQs chasing.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    The devs could have chosen several Foundry missions and make them qualify for the daily event, period, simple, no freaking idiotic looking miniQs chasing.

They could have been even more reasonable.

400 Qmendations the first time you run the new FE, 100 thereafter.

So, run the FE 7 times, get your ship.

Leave the mini q out of it completely.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »

That I would probably do with multiple toons.

The way they're handling this, though...I'll probably get halfway through the grind and then get fed up with all the kids griefing me at the Academy.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    That I would probably do with multiple toons.

The way they're handling this, though...I'll probably get halfway through the grind and then get fed up with all the kids griefing me at the Academy.

Yup, me too.

It's still a grind and we probably cant get past the 20 hour cool down.

But seven days, playing content thats surely going to be infinitely more interesting, is better than 15 days chasing blasted mini Q's all over the place.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I'd find that perfectly acceptable. I did SoI way more times than required and I wasn't that bothered by that.

This? This is completely unreasonable. I'd rather they just put the ship in the C-Store and be done with it.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited January 2014
    Yup, me too.

It's still a grind and we probably cant get past the 20 hour cool down.

But seven days, playing content thats surely going to be infinitely more interesting, is better than 15 days chasing blasted mini Q's all over the place.

oh don't worry, did you forget about the new cooldown token were gonna be able to buy that's on tribble..

and I find it funny that keys are on sale, as we predicted they would be...
  • jkuang13jkuang13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since they released the blog entry about the anniversary event (without changing a thing,) there's no point in posting here. They're not reading for feedback, constructive or otherwise.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1085861
    [SIGPIC]Working as intended.[/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    oh don't worry, did you forget about the new cooldown token were gonna be able to buy that's on tribble..

and I find it funny that keys are on sale, as we predicted they would be...

Keys almost always go on sale when a lock box is ending its run, i wouldn't read too much into that.

However, the cooldown tokens are entirely new and, imo, unwelcome
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Khan uniform isn't the Monday giveaway, it's a special thing for Arc.

Gotta P.T. Barnum people into using it somehow, I suppose. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2014
    now they are bribe us to use ARC now hahahhahahhahahahhahaha sorry cryptic/PWE not going to work on this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited January 2014

Wouldn't it make up for everything if it turned out that tomorrow's free giveaway was 15 cooldown tokens per character?

No. No it would not.
    edited January 2014
    im going to make a bet the CD tokens will be 500 zen a piece
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jkuang13 wrote: »
    Since they released the blog entry about the anniversary event (without changing a thing,) there's no point in posting here. They're not reading for feedback, constructive or otherwise.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1085861

Actually, this thread needs to pick up steam, along side of people not participating. I am tempted to not even log in at all during this, myself. Those who oppose this change should make the first days of the event the worst for activity and participation yet. Give them terrible player numbers as that seems to be what they care about and are trying to boost. Then when they wonder why its failing, they might then actually look to this discussion more seriously.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jkuang13 wrote: »

Sure they are. They're monitoring it closely, for the sole purpose of knowing what to expect when the Spring and Fall 1000-item grindfests are added. :P
    edited January 2014
    im going to make a bet the CD tokens will be 500 zen a piece

I'm going to take that bet and also bet that they don't sell.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sure they are. They're monitoring it closely, for the sole purpose of knowing what to expect when the Spring and Fall 1000-item grindfests are added. :P

This... if we do nothing more than b&m on the forums, but then go off and grind these ships out on 1, 5, 10, or 1000 toons... the later will speak more than anything written here.

My 6 toons will not be participating. Its the principal of the thing.

Not only do we have to grind for this, we'll probably have to buy the Fleet Version (with no discount) for that fabled 4th set piece that will be coming out later.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
    edited January 2014
    This... if we do nothing more than b&m on the forums, but then go off and grind these ships out on 1, 5, 10, or 1000 toons... the later will speak more than anything written here.

My 6 toons will not be participating. Its the principal of the thing.

Not only do we have to grind for this, we'll probably have to buy the Fleet Version (with no discount) for that fabled 4th set piece that will be coming out later.

Don't you mean the Lobi version?

Don't forget what they did with the Obelisk.
    edited January 2014
    ya as long as we keep jumping the ring masters hoops then they will just keep on with this type of stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited January 2014
    ya as long as we keep jumping the ring masters hoops then they will just keep on with this type of stuff

im gonna run the mission once, possibly another time for the consoles (if they work on other ships and not just on the new ones, and I hope they do cause that would be crappy.. rewards that only work for a ship that you might not want to grind for, or like).. and that is it.. I have no interest in the ships.. not only are they not canon (my thing, not saying it should be everyone elses), but they are fugly, and the juice isn't worth the squeeze..

I hope others help send the message that we are done with the uber grind.. a small grind here and there isn't bad, but long drawn out constant grinds suck.. especially when the means of obtaining the material you are grinding for is pretty lame..
  • thelordzeusthelordzeus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like when ppl complain about "free stuff."
    You dont want the free stuff, then dont grind for it :)
    edited January 2014
    im gonna run the mission once, possibly another time for the consoles (if they work on other ships and not just on the new ones, and I hope they do cause that would be crappy.. rewards that only work for a ship that you might not want to grind for, or like).. and that is it.. I have no interest in the ships.. not only are they not canon (my thing, not saying it should be everyone elses), but they are fugly, and the juice isn't worth the squeeze..

I hope others help send the message that we are done with the uber grind.. a small grind here and there isn't bad, but long drawn out constant grinds suck.. especially when the means of obtaining the material you are grinding for is pretty lame..

you know what funny i bet season 9 new rep new fleet grind and that just a few months away? any one else think this to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited January 2014

Well, welcome to the fora.

And what a sparkling first post it was too.

Thing is, free means gratis, for nothing, a gift.

Something obtained through grinding is not, therefore, technically free.

Or, as someone memorably wrote earlier, do you get a free pay cheque every week and the week worked is entirely coincidental?
    edited January 2014

and we who complain love post like this :) and ask for free when you give a gift at Christmas do you expect them to go do something for you for 15 day then they gget their free gift or do you just give it to them???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited January 2014
    and we who complain love post like this :)

It's the erudtition isn't it?

Sometimes a phrase can just be so well turned..........
    edited January 2014

Someone has missed the meaning of free.

Y'see kid, this isn't free. It has a price - 1000 Qmendations. And those Qmendations can only be earned at a rate of 40 per day, which means you have to spend at least 15 days doing the Party Patrol mission, assuming you got the 400 Qmendations from the new FE.

That means, you're working for a new ship. In which case, it's absolutely no different from putting it in the C-Store. Worse, in fact, since there are plenty of people who could grind out enough Dilithium for a top-end C-Store ship or the equivalent in Fleet Ship Modules in less than 15 days. And these ships aren't even as good as fleet ships (the advanced one will be, obviously, but that'll set you back 800 Lobi, mark my words).

Don't be confused. That you don't put up cashy money for this ship does not in any way make it free.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Computer activate self destruct sequence:mad: