test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    FANTASTIC news for me - the 10 console.versions will be coming to the c-store as a 3 pack account wide unlock!! Not even having to go the fleet version route and account wide is Amazing!! Dream come true for us science players!! That and I will not do the mini-Qs grind. Ya!!

yay for you. and i seriously mean that. if you want to buy the three pack it means you can skip the new grind they added. the fact that they are messing with the anniversary event is still wrong though.

Not to mention that now that a zen version is confirmed, this sip will replace the veteran ship and now the vet ship is a worthless piece of junk. I along with thousands of others payed to support the game and get the perks for doing so, and now they are taking a stab at us.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The 3 pack is factional as confirmed though so 5k zen per faction. Guess no chasing mini-Q's for me then.

Only reason to do the anniversary ship is to get a special 4 piece bonus you can't get from the store versions.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    FANTASTIC news for me - the 10 console.versions will be coming to the c-store as a 3 pack account wide unlock!! Not even having to go the fleet version route and account wide is Amazing!! Dream come true for us science players!! That and I will not do the mini-Qs grind. Ya!!

This could be good for the KDF since the faction is really lacking in the science department. So now KDF players will have another C-Store science option besides the Varanus and they wouldn't have to grind their brains out.
    I only hope the C-Store ones will come with a faction specific skin and not this inapropriate 'Dyson purple'.

In between all the wrong decisions they made for the anniverary, they at least had the honesty to tell people that there will be a C-Store pack before the grind started, so people like you that want the ships wouldn't even have to consider a boring miniQ grind.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Except, if you want all the whistles and bells for these shiny new ships, you'll have to both grind and pay.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2014
    With the fantastic news that there will be a account wide cstore 10 console versions of the new Dyson hybrid ships coming at the end of February - us long suffering Science heavy Romulans and KDF players will finally have fleet worth T5.5 science ships!!

I want to add a special thanks for making these 10 console versions cstore account wide unlocks rather that account only fleet ships locked behind a T5 shipyard or a T3 spire.

I know many might balk at the idea of these - but cryptic has made the right move putting these ships into the Cstore vs the fleet system. We all knew a 10 console version was coming and I am glad that they will be cstore.

Now my romulans and Klingon toon's will finally have decent end game science ships. I already have enough fed science ships so I may pass on those.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're poking the bear with this one
    GwaoHAD.png
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you say bear i say Smaug :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    You're poking the bear with this one

I have a forum history of making supportive posts on all the last cstore ships. Nothing has changed.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly I'm surprised they aren't going into the Fleet system via the Dyson Spire. I mean if ever there were a ship to bind to that particular holding, these would be the ones.

Still, gotta love the fact that the 4-piece set requires the grind, but for the 10-console ship you have to buy the c-store version, so an absolute top-of-the-line version requires a 2-week grind AND $50. Honestly, the level of dickery right there is making me laugh in sheer amazement. :D
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    should I do the pointless grinding for the dyson ship or wait for the c-store version I read that its a 10 console slot from the c-store version
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Depends on if you want the yet to be revealed 4-peice set power from having this ship and the C-store variants.
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What this means to me

grind dilithium for zen

dont bother with the Q grindfest.

Thanks guys!
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    should I do the pointless grinding for the dyson ship or wait for the c-store version I read that its a 10 console slot from the c-store version

Depends, things are still a little hazy, but it looks like you'll need a component from the grind version to add to the c-store version in order to get every whistle and bell.
    edited January 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    What this means to me

grind dilithium for zen

dont bother with the Q grindfest.

Thanks guys!

However, you can't spend your way to the whole new experience.

To get all the whistles and bells, you'll need the grind version and the cstore version.

Grind and Pay

It's the new Cryptic Way
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't believe in the grind win scenario, I'm lazy, and will throw money at the problem... but that's me
    GwaoHAD.png
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I can tolerate a little Grind&Pay, if the rewards are this great and it's used REALLY sparingly.

But if this is the new normal? Not cool.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, the level of dickery right there is making me laugh in sheer amazement. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We get very little from actually getting the ship so I would wait and see if the store ships appeal when they come out. The ship selection is good enough that this specific one is not necessarily the 'must have' sci ship.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Depends if the 4-piece is worth it. After all, its not just a question of grinding out the parts, but also using those parts in place of things like an Amp core or Fleet Adaptive shields.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It depends what the grind is. If its a two minute a day thing for the 15 days, I say sod it - You may as well 'grind' the 15 days it requires if you want the ship.

Virtually everything that's 'known' about a C-Store version is, as far as I'm aware made up of conjecture, rumour and random people souting nonsense.

That's if you want and need a science ship of course.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The fact that both the Klingons and the Romulans don't have a decent array of science ships is precisely why i'll grind the event. As it stands, they're not going to be any worse than the Sci ships I currently fly, and they look a hell of a lot better. So i'll grind it out on my Rom and KDF sci for that reason, and on my Fed sci for good measure.

Due in no small part to the absurd level of cash-grabbery that has surrounded this celebration, I refuse to part with any of my saved Lobi or cash for more, nor will I pay for any of the bundles. This kind of caper should not be encouraged.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited January 2014
    Me? I'd grind and not pay for the C-Store variants. If for no other reason than to prove to Cryptic that not everyone will just accept their blatent underhanded tactics, and that we're not so stupid as to think that if we go along with it this time, it won't become commonplace in the future.

I'd like to think other people would join me, but...
    I don't believe in the grind win scenario, I'm lazy, and will throw money at the problem... but that's me

...Yeah. Can't say I blame you though, Neo.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, so now that most of the information about what's going on with the anniversary ships is now out, I guess I'm still a bit confused on the whole matter. You guys are just super annoyed with the fact that you have to work to get what we know currently about the ship? Let me break down everything we now know.

1. It's a 9 console, 7 weapon science ship when transformed. 7th weapon is a cannon and fused into the ship as far as we know.

2. first ships to come with a 2nd deflector dish.

3. Only chance (that we know of) to get the warp core if one wants the four piece set bonus).

Predictions on abilities
    1. I'm gonna guess that all three ships come with sensor analysis and the subsystem targeting by default since they are science ships.

2. Klingon ship will be able to cloak (standard cloak), Romulan ship gets Battle Cloak (since everything but the temporal ship gets a cloak)

3. Since there's a singularity core, ship will have the singularity powers in addition to cloak and science powers.

In the end, I still think that the pros justify the cons for the required grind. Add in that the Qmmendations are gonna be for future anniversaries, they're doing everything they can to let people reuse the tokens that they will probably have left over.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited January 2014
    Honestly I'm surprised they aren't going into the Fleet system via the Dyson Spire. I mean if ever there were a ship to bind to that particular holding, these would be the ones.

Still, gotta love the fact that the 4-piece set requires the grind, but for the 10-console ship you have to buy the c-store version, so an absolute top-of-the-line version requires a 2-week grind AND $50. Honestly, the level of dickery right there is making me laugh in sheer amazement. :D

This is not exactly true. The consoles will come from running the Featured episode. I don't consider this much of a grind. If you want the free 9 console version then yes you have to do the 15 day grind. I would rather spend up to $150 for 9 new ships on all of my toons then spend the time doing the mini-Qs mission.

This is my choice. For me this is a far superior choice and why I am so happy that this year the ship will be account wide cstore. I am extremely supportive of account wide ship unlocks vs fleet/spire or lock box.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like I said in the other thread, this will be very good for the KDF players. Finally a science ship to complement the Varanus in the deserted science rooster. I forgot the Romulans there (in the other thread), but yeah, Romulans also are low on science options so it will be a wellcomed adition for them as well.

Regardless my opinions of how poorly the anniversary is handled, I think having these in the C-Store is a better option than making them fleet, cause fleet ships are per char unlock and since KDF players have the majority of their fleet ships without an apropriate T5 C-Store variant they get no discount there. This will bring fully fledged sci.ships to the KDF & Rom factions, which is a good thing, especially for all the science captains that had to make due with completely different classes of ships that had just a slant of sci in them.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know i am not the only one who sees this, but these new dyson ships are basically a "grind to get" version of the veteran 1000 day ships. I didn't like the idea of them from the start because us subscribers payed to support the game and now the people who played for free are getting something that was exclusive to subscribers.

Now they say there will be a 10 console 3 pack of the dyson ships in the c-store, so now everyone can buy what is basically a better version of the veteran ships. Not to mention that you make your subscribers pay more to get a fleet ship module for the fleet version of the very ship they got as a thank you for supporting the game.

Now don't misunderstand me here, i am happy that science players will get a nice ship to fly and it will be a c-store item and not a fleet item, but now you are messing with the players who are supporting you and it is going to hurt cryptic.
    edited January 2014
    sudonami wrote: »
    I know i am not the only one who sees this, but these new dyson ships are basically a "grind to get" version of the veteran 1000 day ships.

Don't even need to grind for them. They'll be in the C-store next month, at fleet level.
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Big difference, the dyson destroyers have completely different layouts and cannot use atb
    johngazman wrote: »
    Don't even need to grind for them. They'll be in the C-store next month, at fleet level.

The cstore version doesnt come with the warp core, so you need to grind for the 4 piece bonus
    jFriX.png
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow. I started out thinking this whole "change Anniversary event to grinding" was high-order douchebaggery.

Little did I know how far it went- we're talking ultimate douchebaggery here. The grind still doesn't get you everything, you get to grind and pay.

At this rate, the 5th Anniversary event will roll out the new "Cover Charge" mechanic, where you have to pay to get into the Dev Blogs to even get any information, and you don't want to know the entrance requirements for the mission you'll have to do 50 times to become eligible to gamble for the actual reward...which will of course be in an "Anniversary Lockbox" that can only be opened with "Anniversary Keys" obtained from running some random griefable mini-game 35 times. :rolleyes:
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What exactly have the Dyson ships to do with the Veteran ships ? :confused:

Also the word "Free" really needs to be redefined when it comes to games. Most people fail to see that time is always more valuable than money. It?s like saying you get your salary for "Free", you only need to work 40 hours a week to get it. :o