test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone must buy the new KDF battlecruiser!!

Comments

• gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My dilithium is waiting. :D
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    If you want to show support for Cryptic buy a sub

It is too fast for a sub.
    I don't forget what happened with kdf in last 2 years since I play this game .
    Maybe in another 2 years from now I will reconsider if things will ever change.
    In this moment I won't do such a thing

But for ship I would pay more if there would be a option to show my opinion about the last 2 year kdf ship design politic.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's fugly. Seriously fugly. Cryptic needs to fire their design crew and get some fresh blood in. They're CERTAINLY not wasting the money on actual coding and development. So they need to not TRIBBLE up the art design side of things.

It will be another ship with NO customization. It looks atrocious. The style and design is simply ugly. Not brute force like traditional KDF ships. Not hybrid force+style like TNG era ships. Just UGLY.

5th forward slot does NOT mean we need to buy it. I'd go for a 4/4 ship as long as I could CUSTOMIZE it.

Hell, I'd pay for an "Advanced" Fleet K'tinga Retrofit if I got more hull to it and if I could customize the looks however I wanted. Mix and match neck, pylons, nacelles, bridge, module, etc.

fireing their art team because you dont like how it looks........ right
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • alexveccialexvecci Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you want to show support for Cryptic buy a sub

I "supported" this game since the month later it was launched, and kept playing as much as my nerves would let me despite the more than true vision that reviewers and critics had of this game since day 1.

I still play it, and as i said to my fleet mates, the only thing that is saving this game from close the curtain is the pure and simple fact that it the last Star Trek game to actually DO have a working online aspect.

If Star Trek games such as Legacy, BotF, Elite Force, etc. had still a properly working online multiplayer, they'd have much more community support than this one, but this is something to be discussed elsewhere and not surely here.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As far as the look, I'd recommend holding on forming an opinion until you've actually seen it in space as the static images don't do it justice IMO. It looked much nicer in the shipyard than the official image or the most often posted leaked screenshot to my eyes.

As far as customization, probably a few skin choices and pylons up or down like the Avenger.
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Then EWP in place of Dem2. Though I would like to have a RSP for defense sake but see no way to do it without having a AtB1 - AtB2 setup.

RSP2 is Lt. Comm, so you could fit that. It's a small gain over RSP1, but still decent.
  • alexveccialexvecci Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1060781

Took them long enough to actually do ONE dev blog about it.....

I feel like that i'm a person with a lot of hurry when i compare my procrastination to theirs....
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    alexvecci wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1060781

Took them long enough to actually do ONE dev blog about it.....

I feel like that i'm a person with a lot of hurry when i compare my procrastination to theirs....

Just reinforces what we knew already.

Adding a material specularity map is NOT the same as adding customization to a ship. Having straight vs canted warp nacelles is a slap in the face. Inspired by the Vor'cha? I think not. The Vor'cha has an awesome amount of customization which you can choose to truly make a ship your own.

"Materials" options don't count.

Visually they mashed a Krenn into a Peghqu and stuck some ugly "armor plates" all over it in illogical patterns.
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in the new kdf true battle cruiser i see a lot of klingon, gorn, orion in the ships angles and shapes. i hope that the spec for the kdl Mogh Battle Cruiser will actually slight out class the avenger with a little bit turning rate per second in good klingon style adn maybe a tiny bit better hall too. we will see tomorrow the specs for the Mogh Battle Cruiser
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Just one ship.

But I laugh when I think about how much angst Cryptic would create if they were to give the KDF a 3-pack version of the Avenger.

You know, if it wasn't for all the KDF whining out there, I could care less if they released a 3-ship (or hell, make it a 6-pack (yeah, I just made SOME peoples' day) of KDF ships, based on whatever class/type you care to pick. Hell, I'd be like, "Cool, more ships for my 3 KDF gals to pick from. More ships for my Feds to fight alongside with, in STF's. More variety. Cool & good for them". But every time a new ship appears for the Feds (not so much against the Rihan, but still see a few complaints there too), Seems like all I see from KDF people, "No Fair. Feds got more ships. WAHHHHHHH!"
    So yeah, I don't care if a SINGLE NEW SHIP EVER gets made for the KDF. Til the KDF primes can get off their high horse, act more mature, and kick that feeling of self-entitlement, I have no sympathy for them.
    And yeah, I've heard (and read) about the whole "history of the KDF being ignored". So the hell what? Most people like to play as Fed, that means, most if the things will end up being made for them. It's pure logic, and common sense. Sheesh. Maybe if more KDF people would, I don't know, try to up people's level of enthusiasm for playing 1 (or more) KDF characters, and have fun with it, then gee, maybe more of the player-base will play KDF. And gee, when those numbers of KDF characters rise, then it would make sense for more things to be made for them, as more people would want them. Again, pure logic.
    But the rampant self-entitlement and general lack of maturity in KDF-players, made me think long and hard about even wasting my time with more than 1 KDF character. But you know what, I decided to , because I figured, hell, why let those TRIBBLE-ants kill my good time. I'll FIND ways to enjoy my KDF experience, from whatever angle I choose. (It actually ends up being, my characters get to use KDF equipment, and base themselves out of the Klingon territories, but their actually independent ship commanders. And when I'm actually playing one of my KDF characters, I try to present a positive, and mature aspect, so when others play alongside my characters, or run into them in whatever zone, they're like, "Hey, A KDF character, cool. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    U mad bro? careful before you burst a blood vessel.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    But the rampant self-entitlement and general lack of maturity in KDF-players, made me think long and hard about even wasting my time with more than 1 KDF character. "

All one has to do is look at fed posts in the forums to see who is really the self entitled side, and spend ten minutes in ESD chat compared to qo'nos to see which side has more players "lacking maturity".
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You know, if it wasn't for all the KDF whining out there, I could care less if they released a 3-ship (or hell, make it a 6-pack (yeah, I just made SOME peoples' day) of KDF ships, based on whatever class/type you care to pick. Hell, I'd be like, "Cool, more ships for my 3 KDF gals to pick from. More ships for my Feds to fight alongside with, in STF's. More variety. Cool & good for them". But every time a new ship appears for the Feds (not so much against the Rihan, but still see a few complaints there too), Seems like all I see from KDF people, "No Fair. Feds got more ships. WAHHHHHHH!"
    So yeah, I don't care if a SINGLE NEW SHIP EVER gets made for the KDF. Til the KDF primes can get off their high horse, act more mature, and kick that feeling of self-entitlement, I have no sympathy for them.
    And yeah, I've heard (and read) about the whole "history of the KDF being ignored". So the hell what? Most people like to play as Fed, that means, most if the things will end up being made for them. It's pure logic, and common sense. Sheesh. Maybe if more KDF people would, I don't know, try to up people's level of enthusiasm for playing 1 (or more) KDF characters, and have fun with it, then gee, maybe more of the player-base will play KDF. And gee, when those numbers of KDF characters rise, then it would make sense for more things to be made for them, as more people would want them. Again, pure logic.
    But the rampant self-entitlement and general lack of maturity in KDF-players, made me think long and hard about even wasting my time with more than 1 KDF character. But you know what, I decided to , because I figured, hell, why let those TRIBBLE-ants kill my good time. I'll FIND ways to enjoy my KDF experience, from whatever angle I choose. (It actually ends up being, my characters get to use KDF equipment, and base themselves out of the Klingon territories, but their actually independent ship commanders. And when I'm actually playing one of my KDF characters, I try to present a positive, and mature aspect, so when others play alongside my characters, or run into them in whatever zone, they're like, "Hey, A KDF character, cool. "

Me thinkst someone hast left the keys in the dungeon door again.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    As far as the look, I'd recommend holding on forming an opinion until you've actually seen it in space as the static images don't do it justice IMO. It looked much nicer in the shipyard than the official image or the most often posted leaked screenshot to my eyes.

As far as customization, probably a few skin choices and pylons up or down like the Avenger.

RSP2 is Lt. Comm, so you could fit that. It's a small gain over RSP1, but still decent.

Im always wondering if a Antiproton build using 4 FLEET DHCs, A CritH-CritD Torp, (1) KCB, (1) OD AP beam array and a rear Torp might work as well with a Tac Boff setup as so;
    Ens- TT1
    LTC- BO1 CRF1 TS3

Use the sam AtB setup and add the Voth +13.1% AP damage console. The BO1 becomes useful as the only Beam Array that can use it should be the Voth OD AP array. Making a no brainer.

Thoughts?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited December 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    With all due respect, that's a matter of opinion. Plenty of players consider the Avenger ugly. I, like numerous other players, don't.

Saying that you dislike the design/feel that it's ugly is an opinion that you are, obviously, entitled to. However, to say that the Dev's are doing something wrong, and outright insulting them, simply because YOU, personally, don't like the end product is a little too opinionated.

Not really. To him, they ARE doing something wrong. To you, they are doing something right. It's all a matter of perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    madmopar wrote: »
    All one has to do is look at fed posts in the forums to see who is really the self entitled side, and spend ten minutes in ESD chat compared to qo'nos to see which side has more players "lacking maturity".

Lol, all I see in Qo'nos zone, is crickets, most of the time.
    And no, I think I can look at forum posts,AND peoples in-game behaviours, to judge maturity levels.
    Also, I stand by what I have said, there are plenty of Fed primes that have said they would like to see more KDF content, but maybe 2% of the KDF prime population that I see, are glad when the Feds (or the Rihan) get any kind of content. The other 98% go "WAHHHH GIVE US MORE STUFF."
    , oh, and btw, asking "Are U MAD bro?" in response to what I've said, not really. Just terribly sick of seeing the same bs over & over. Wish more people would grow up, and realize, it's not all about them.
    And btw, there IS a differnece, in say, putting a wishlist up, and saying, "This is what I'd like tosee" and it just happens to be about what you mainly have fun with, vs, "WAHHHH THE OTHER SIDE GETS STUFF. ONLY I DESERVE TO GET MY SHINIES."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    Me thinkst someone hast left the keys in the dungeon door again.

Just have to say, "Huh?"
    Not really getting the reference.
    Then again, maybe having a dungeon to throw people in wouldn't be such a bad idea.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I already have my 2500 Zen waiting to go for the Mogh and yes it might be an Avenger clone but it will be a better version of the Avenger IMO.

KDF players have spent years using Dual Heavy Cannons on Battle Cruisers with lower turn rates than the Mogh and now we finally are getting a 5 forward Weapon Slot toting, integrated cloak having beat stick to play with.

I am also wondering what the nature of the Moghs special console will be, call me crazy but I would love to see something the Wave Motion Gun that would work like the Phaser lance on the X but actually be worth using
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "WAHHHH THE OTHER SIDE GETS STUFF. ONLY I DESERVE TO GET MY SHINIES."

Which is exactly the point I was making when I made my comment about the angst you'd see if Cryptic were to give the KDF a 3-pack verion of the Avenger. The crybabies Fed-side would be coming out of the woodwork. It goes both ways (actually it goes 3 ways, there are plenty of whiners Rommy-side as well, shut up about Tovan Khev!).

I personally cannot wait to buy the Mogh, mainly because I want to support the KDF and convince Cryptic to invest more into the faction.
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    errab wrote: »
    I already have my 2500 Zen waiting to go for the Mogh and yes it might be an Avenger clone but it will be a better version of the Avenger IMO.

KDF players have spent years using Dual Heavy Cannons on Battle Cruisers with lower turn rates than the Mogh and now we finally are getting a 5 forward Weapon Slot toting, integrated cloak having beat stick to play with.

I am also wondering what the nature of the Moghs special console will be, call me crazy but I would love to see something the Wave Motion Gun that would work like the Phaser lance on the X but actually be worth using

"...Dynamic Defense Deployment System, a versatile rapid defense deployment weapon designed specifically for the ship." http://bit.ly/1jKe2j7

Isn't this the special console? I never really paid attention to the special weapon the Avenger-Class has but looking here it doesn't sound like it would be the same thing.
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
    edited December 2013
    errab wrote: »

They tried that with the Bortas. It was called the Autocannon. It sucks just as bad as the phaser lance. Damage isn't all that great, and cooldown is way to long to ever really use twice in an engagement.

No, if anything they need to STOP with the ship-only consoles. *IF* they add such a feature to a ship, add it to the SHIP, not to a console. There aren't enough console slots as it is. These things need to be native to the ship itself, like battlecloaks or the phaser lance on the gal-X. No console, just make it an option to place on the power tray.
  • highcasualtyratehighcasualtyrate Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "There's nothing on this ship that doesn't have a use in combat."

This quote taken straight from the dev blog...how can they say this and NOT give it BattleCloak? We will see tomorrow when the stats are released, but man that's just cheese if they don't give it battlecloak. The veteran Klingon ship has battlecloak. I'm going to be highly disappointed if they wuuuuuuuus out.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "WAHHHH GIVE US MORE STUFF."

Thats 99% of fed posts. They want everything and demand they get it. Even when they do get it (carriers) they complain about it(atrox). They want raiders, they want orions, they want cloaks, they want(and got) all the KDF consoles worth having.

Feds still manage to cry and complain when given almost all the devs time and attention. We have two year gaps in between new ships, and pretty much the same uniform options we had at launch. Meanwhile gluttonous fed players get constant streams of new content and not only cry for more but demand what scrap everyone else has.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited December 2013
    "There's nothing on this ship that doesn't have a use in combat."

This quote taken straight from the dev blog...how can they say this and NOT give it BattleCloak? We will see tomorrow when the stats are released, but man that's just cheese if they don't give it battlecloak. The veteran Klingon ship has battlecloak. I'm going to be highly disappointed if they wuuuuuuuus out.

Aren't Battlecloaks usually reserved for Bop sized ships? I think the Vet ship got one because its a one off special ship . I'd be very surprised if this gets a battlecloak when no other battlecruiser does
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
    edited December 2013
    rrincy wrote: »
    Aren't Battlecloaks usually reserved for Bop sized ships? I think the Vet ship got one because its a one off special ship . I'd be very surprised if this gets a battlecloak when no other battlecruiser does

And yet the massive rom ships have them, much larger than a bortas, even.
    edited December 2013
    Thats romulan ships , they ALL have battlecloaks , different kettle of fish entirely
    12th Fleet
    edited December 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Which is exactly the point I was making when I made my comment about the angst you'd see if Cryptic were to give the KDF a 3-pack verion of the Avenger. The crybabies Fed-side would be coming out of the woodwork. It goes both ways (actually it goes 3 ways, there are plenty of whiners Rommy-side as well, shut up about Tovan Khev!).

I personally cannot wait to buy the Mogh, mainly because I want to support the KDF and convince Cryptic to invest more into the faction.

I, on my own, and for those FEW KDFers that act reasonably mature, I would've liked to see more stuff done for the KDF side of the house. (And yeah, the point about Tovan's been beaten to death already, lol, for the Rihan).
    But it seems like, most of the time, when something's done for the KDF, a lot of people that are Fed-prime, are saying, "Hey, that's cool. Might give me incentive to go play over there, or make a KDF character up.", Or even just, "Hey, that's cool". But every time the Feds get something, just about every KDF-prime is screaming "UNFAIR". I just get sick of it. Hell, I could care less whether that new ship, item, or whatever the heck comes out, is Rihan, Fed, KDF, or shared. It's something new to look at at, and see if I want to utilize it. If it's content, it may be something I'd be interested in playing through.
    Just seems like most of the KDF want want want, and don't care about anyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    madmopar wrote: »
    Thats 99% of fed posts. They want everything and demand they get it. Even when they do get it (carriers) they complain about it(atrox). They want raiders, they want orions, they want cloaks, they want(and got) all the KDF consoles worth having.

Feds still manage to cry and complain when given almost all the devs time and attention. We have two year gaps in between new ships, and pretty much the same uniform options we had at launch. Meanwhile gluttonous fed players get constant streams of new content and not only cry for more but demand what scrap everyone else has.

Alot of your post, ties into another post I made, a few days ago. IE KDF gives up a console to share, and it's cried about. Fed's share a console, KDF are like, "Eh it's not even worth using". So tell me, who got screwed if the KDF has such superior equipment to begin with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    I, on my own, and for those FEW KDFers that act reasonably mature, I would've liked to see more stuff done for the KDF side of the house. (And yeah, the point about Tovan's been beaten to death already, lol, for the Rihan).
    But it seems like, most of the time, when something's done for the KDF, a lot of people that are Fed-prime, are saying, "Hey, that's cool. Might give me incentive to go play over there, or make a KDF character up.", Or even just, "Hey, that's cool". But every time the Feds get something, just about every KDF-prime is screaming "UNFAIR". I just get sick of it. Hell, I could care less whether that new ship, item, or whatever the heck comes out, is Rihan, Fed, KDF, or shared. It's something new to look at at, and see if I want to utilize it. If it's content, it may be something I'd be interested in playing through.
    Just seems like most of the KDF want want want, and don't care about anyone else.

To be perfectly fair , its not completely accurate saying just one side or another is all WANT WANT WANT. There are players on all three factions like that
    There are as many threads made by KDF players wanting new ships as their are threads made by fed players wanting battle cloaks or full carriers.
    12th Fleet
    edited December 2013
    rrincy wrote: »
    To be perfectly fair , its not completely accurate saying just one side or another is all WANT WANT WANT. There are players on all three factions like that
    There are as many threads made by KDF players wanting new ships as their are threads made by fed players wanting battle cloaks or full carriers.

I don't have a problem, with people publishing their wishlists. I DO have a problem with people going "TRIBBLE the x side, we deserve everything.", and especially if x side gives something up to be shared, the y side saying "Oh, it's sucks anyway, we didn't want that., it's a POS." And then in the same breath saying "We're so ignored. We never get anything". I mean, come one, if the other side's stuff sucks that bad, that doesn't seem to me, like you were so ignored, maybe it means you had better equipment to begin with, and thus, the other side needs more of other stuff, to compensate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Well to be fair , two years between ships is a bit harsh ...
    I imagine the outcry on the federation side of things would be exactly the same if the situation was reversed
    12th Fleet