test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had a dream last night that the year was 3159 and that Cryptic was still trying to work out the problem.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    turjan wrote: »
    If I've been driving to work over a bridge for years and then suddenly one day I arrive at the bridge to find it's been blown up, do I then blame my car because I can't get to work?
    I think not...
    This analogy doesn't work, unless the bridge requires your car to 'log in' to authorize you to cross the bridge, and that log in is what triggered the bridge to explode. And only your 'lane' of the bridge exploded (well, ok, you lane, my lane, his lane, that dude over there, etc.) while other 'lanes' of the bridge are unaffected.

Just because your machine hasn't changed does not mean it isn't part of the problem. Otherwise *no one* would be able to log in. There is something in the game code that does not like certain combinations of drivers and software - maybe a hundred or two hundred specific combinations in the literal thousands of possible configurations.

Quite frankly, I am often amazed that PCs work at all.

My 'lane' is still marked with the dreaded 7741 error. Not that I expected anything else today.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that the year was 3159 and that Cryptic was still trying to work out the problem.

Organs lost LMFAO: Spleen, Pancreas, now there went the liver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was away for 34 hours...

Before even trying: I reckon issue #18897741 has not been resolved?
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Maybe it's time for Cryptic to hire some *REAL* developers. lols
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Using that Swift Shader .dll I was able to log on. I cannot make anything out, though. The graphics are all garbled. :/
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep...Gateway now has gone to ****...I think Species 18897741 is pressing the attack now to strike at all the servers.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So do you think that I am safe by not logging in to expose my toons to the bugs? I figure to give it a few more patches and wait till the toon-destroying bug reports have abated.

"It's a Bug world." Oh No! The game is morphing to 'Starship Troopers Online'! Bugs are everywhere! Retreat! Retreat!! Where is the orbital bombardment? Retreat!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic needs to take STO offline because the launcher and in-game graphics are so scragged that the game is really becoming unplayable.
  • Options
    starcomet1starcomet1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I used the swift shader.dll program and got past the cryptic loader crash. But the game freezes it seems on the title screen when loading. I let it sit for about 5-6 minutes and nothing. This reminds me of the patch issue that occurred with the MMO 9dragons. Before they released patch 14 I think it was, the game went smoothly for me and frankly everyone. After they released that patch though, a small group of players (myself included), could no longer play the game due to major lag and/or timing out. Only those with very good laptops and desktops, like my friend, did not experience any issues. They kept telling us that they would try to find a solution and to check your computer hardware, drivers, etc but that never fixed anything.

I gave up on the game and decided to wait till I get a better computer to try it. I hear there is a newer version of it out now.
  • Options
    bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic, what's your beef with my Radeon graphics card? I'm starting to get sick of 18897741
    Good than its not just My Radeon X1550 Series As the only help I have gotten from support is a Suggestion that I update my drivers which btw are updated and then a little side note was told they can not reproduce the error on their end ....and that tells me there is little hope in the near future ~! and that goes against my normal hopeful out look on life
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I've got a Radeon too :eek:...

It's affecting Radeon (ATI-AMD) and NVidia
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It's affecting Radeon (ATI-AMD) and NVidia

And Intel Integrated Graphics...
  • Options
    valdepessumirevaldepessumire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    And Intel Integrated Graphics...

So basically everything.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty much. That's been part of the problem from the beginning; different video cards, different processors, different operating systems, different amounts of RAM, different internet providers, different aged computers, different types of computers (laptops and desktops both), you name it - the only common denominator has been that we can't get into the game. If there were some kind of commonality to work from, this situation would probably been resolved long ago...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    johnsonmyrejohnsonmyre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There -is- a common factor, we're all locked out, and a majority with 18897741.
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i am so fn tired of playing candy crush cryptic
  • Options
    turjanturjan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some/any info regarding problem would be greatly appreciated as opposed to the rare " We're still looking into the problem." It's like being put on terminal hold without the repeating, " Your call is important to us. Please stay on the line and the next available customer service representative will be with you shortly."

The moment I read that, this song started playing in my head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwekc5qgVeA
  • Options
    djlucas69djlucas69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i am so fn tired of playing candy crush cryptic

yes. I have regressed to Lego Star Wars, as sacrilegious as that is. See what you have done to me Cryptic??? :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    forced to play star trek conquest on wii
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regarding the Gateway: If you browse straight to gateway.startrekonline.com it could be that it will try to show the Tribble Chars, and when there are none he will show of course none. It is working for me here if I go to the auth.startrekonline.com for Holodeck, and authtest.startrekonline.com for Tribble.
    Btw... are we at 300 yet? This! Is!! 18897741!!! ^^"

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    forced to play star trek conquest on wii

i've been forced back to Battlestar Galactica Online... if this issue doesn't get resolved soon i think i'll loose interest in STO and just stay on BGO the only way that i can see this getting any better is if STO does the following:

1) Fix the game

2) gives us that tribble

3) Gives us 300 lobi, 250k Dilithium and 50mil ec as compensation and to restore faith in them (btw it will for me)

4) they organize an in-game party and bring those little sausages on sticks, and ice cream and a good DJ and all the good stuff

5) (optional) they name a planet after me

(just in case none of you have a sence of humor, no.4 and 5 r jokes...)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    f3dprod wrote: »
    Regarding the Gateway: If you browse straight to gateway.startrekonline.com it could be that it will try to show the Tribble Chars, and when there are none he will show of course none. It is working for me here if I go to the auth.startrekonline.com for Holodeck, and authtest.startrekonline.com for Tribble.
    Btw... are we at 300 yet? This! Is!! 18897741!!! ^^"

gateway. startrekonline.com is linked to Tribble? Have used Tribble only a short time before LoR

I always used gateway... for my 2 Holodeck characters.

auth.startrekonline.com isnt working either, and I just see the name for my main character.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm playing Pokemon, working on fanfic, watching youtube, and TV.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    I'm playing Pokemon, working on fanfic, watching youtube, and TV.

At the same time? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    At the same time? :D

I'm that talented. :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Gave up on wii, now listening to Star Trek: Into Darkness audiobook, read by Alice Eve aka Carol Marcus......;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.