test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fixed that for you
    :eek::D:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
  • gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not seeing anything in the Tribble server section of this, and that worries me.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not seeing anything in the Tribble server section of this, and that worries me.

That still does not mean there aren't some poor saps in the office today working on the problem for a little while.

Also, someone opened up another thread over in Gameplay Bugs...and someone over there thinks that saving up for new hardware will help everything and that Cryptic needs to stop supporting our "subpar computers" and save up for a "new stuff".

I tried reasoning with him...anyone here with a 18897741 error on a rig less than a year old want to take a stab at explaining to him WHAT is going on and that Cryptic said it is not the En d User's fault but theirs...? I don't like arguing with fools on the net.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    That still does not mean there aren't some poor saps in the office today working on the problem for a little while.

Also, someone opened up another thread over in Gameplay Bugs...and someone over there thinks that saving up for new hardware will help everything and that Cryptic needs to stop supporting our "subpar computers" and save up for a "new stuff".

I tried reasoning with him...anyone here with a 18897741 error on a rig less than a year old want to take a stab at explaining to him WHAT is going on and that Cryptic said it is not the En d User's fault but theirs...? I don't like arguing with fools on the net.

Maybe a Troll
    edited November 2013

i have a home built pc that is more powerful than most. 4.40GHZ duel core, 64 bit, with enough space for 16 gig RAM.(only use 4) upgraded cooling and heatsink so will be overclocking to 5GHZ soon.

the only thing i have that is sub-par is the radeon 1650 pro card i have

so i think he has lost his point, i cant get a more powerful pc than this
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Still, we at two weeks and NOTHING. I'm starting to feel like I'm just flushing money down the drain at this rate of incompetence.
    edited November 2013
    I don't like arguing with fools on the net.

same, especially if they are not reasonable
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    same, especially if they are not reasonable

Care to make a stab at bursting his bubble than? I'd love to see him get pwned by one of us and your rig may just be the proof that keeps him quiet.
    edited November 2013
    Care to make a stab at bursting his bubble than? I'd love to see him get pwned by one of us and your rig may just be the proof that keeps him quiet.

sure, where is he?
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    @gostlymaniac14
    fortunately i havnt spent anything yet, i was going to buy the module for the promethious (transforming ship)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    sure, where is he?

He is in this thread.
  • valdepessumirevaldepessumire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To update on my predicament (The Launcher AutoUpdater not loading).

I was getting a connection, and a astonishingly slow download before it cycled back to the start again (and did this for a good 10 mins or so, before bombing out, presious error log stated this error code was "33")

NOW it says:
    "The patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function" (Error log states this is now error code "14")

To me this says they are tinkering behind the scenes.
    Still itd be nice to get an update of sorts.

Additionally the error sounds like the "Tech support" (if you can call them that as theres no support as far as I can see) team replying to our messages/tickets/blogs/forum posts.
    edited November 2013
    Still, we at two weeks and NOTHING. I'm starting to feel like I'm just flushing money down the drain at this rate of incompetence.
    To update on my predicament (The Launcher AutoUpdater not loading).

I was getting a connection, and a astonishingly slow download before it cycled back to the start again (and did this for a good 10 mins or so, before bombing out, presious error log stated this error code was "33")

NOW it says:
    "The patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function" (Error log states this is now error code "14")

To me this says they are tinkering behind the scenes.
    Still itd be nice to get an update of sorts.

Additionally the error sounds like the "Tech support" (if you can call them that as theres no support as far as I can see) team replying to our messages/tickets/blogs/forum posts.

wont get much support on the weekends. their are 2 hosts available to you. steam and arc, whichever one you dont have, try it. hope that works
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    wont get much support on the weekends. their are 2 hosts available to you. steam and arc, whichever one you dont have, try it. hope that works

Already tried with both, same issue occurs.
  • nongothnongoth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got back in

Swapped my radeon graphics card for a nvidea card out of my old pc.

when I started up launcher to try, same old authentication question then click engage.

I had a error window pop up about having an old graphics card with the option to adjust my graphic settings or run default settings, chose default and it worked:D.

Anyone with a spare graphics card should try it.
    edited November 2013
    nongoth wrote: »
    I got back in

when I started up launcher to try, same old authentication question then click engage.

I had a error window pop up about having an old graphics card with the option to adjust my graphic settings or run default settings, chose default and it worked:D.

Anyone with a spare graphics card should try it.

You lucky lucky person! you had a game compatable card lying around all of this time!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    He is in this thread.

howd i do?
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    ANNOUNCEMENT!

i have wiped the list details off this thread, to stop people asking for a password they have no right to. however all members of the persistent officer rank are welcome to pm me for the lists
    nerf.jpg]
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This Persistent Officer stuff still confuses me :confused: am i a Persistent Officer???

I'll try the same....
    A Brother of mine gave me 2 spare Graphic Cards i will try them tomorrow (Nvidia Geforce 8600GT and Nvidia Geforce 9600GT)
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
    edited November 2013
    This Persistent Officer stuff still confuses me :confused: am i a Persistent Officer???

yes you are.

you are number 133 with codes # 18897741 + 26882959 + #25935954
    nerf.jpg]
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013

This is not a launcher issue. this is a CLIENT issue. it has nothing to do with any host's.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    edited November 2013
    Okay, it has now reverted back to:

"Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support."

Wonder if they are actually doing anything on it today?!?!
    edited November 2013
    howd i do?

Very well, thank you.
    edited November 2013
    This is not a launcher issue. this is a CLIENT issue. it has nothing to do with any host's.

indeed. however steam will install another launcher that may work.

my steam launcher wouldn't work so i went to ark. the launcher was crashed so bad that it wouldn't self update, i have a load of other steam games so i didnt want to mess with steam.
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Really what they should do right now is restore Redshirt to just before S8 and allow us infected an opportunity to play. Use Tribble to determine WTF?.
    edited November 2013
    Really what they should do right now is restore Redshirt to just before S8 and allow us infected an opportunity to play. Use Tribble to determine WTF?.

WOW! that is actually quite a good idea!
    nerf.jpg]
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He is in this thread.
    Well, all that comes to my mind reading that first post of him is: "Ignorance is bliss." I don't think that person is worth of bothering about.
    Thumbs up for helping the others in that thread, captin. :cool:
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *walks in, sees everyone is still here, sighs*
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

*gets phaser, euthanises everyone* job done STO
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

Hopefully we see a fix this week.

On an unrelated note...this also shows the mistake of making the C-store for STO in-game only. If it was still available through the website, we would not have to wait till they fix it to claim our tribble (nor would I have 4300 Zen waiting for me...does Zen expire on the Holodeck? It better not or I will be VERY ticked I spent $43.00 of my money and not get to spend a single Zen) if they get the fix in within time.
This discussion has been closed.