test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    even after the maintence I'm having the same problem I was earlier, I can't get past the screen that says cryptic the one with the loading bar at the bottom
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    even after the maintence I'm having the same problem I was earlier, I can't get past the screen that says cryptic the one with the loading bar at the bottom

Patchnotes statet that the Issue will not be resolved with the last Maintanance.
  • skooby365skooby365 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyone else worried that they haven't got a clue how to fix it?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket number: 27271195

Just bring the server down and fix the error
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Still no success when I try to load.

Why devote a big chunk of developer time to patching in more nice-but-secondary fixes and polish when an apparently massive portion of your player base CANT ACCESS THE GAME.

I dont normally mind bugs because we're all human and mistakes happen. Even on quite bad ones I don't get angry since its a F2P game.

But for pitys sake, countless people (myself included) reported that Tribble was inaccessible and crashing over a month ago. Even as a silver player, Ive shelled out zen for purchases like an EC cap increase, BOFF slots and a Charal and have a right to be able use these purchases.

Why was nothing done?

Even this wouldn't be so bad if not for existing limited time events and rewards, notably the Dyson tribble, Q xp bonus and most crucially the Lobi FE rerun.

Ive already lost 15 Lobi because of this debacle, not to speak of marks, XP and suchlike. If it isnt fixed by this evening I will have lost out on 30 lobi, which for me is the difference in being able to afford a tachyokinetic converter.

I had been strongly considering purchasing a LTS whilst it was on sale. Unless something is done, and soon, they can kiss goodbye to that and all future purchases from this customer.
      Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
    • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
      edited November 2013
      it seems i have this problem.
      windows xp.
      as soon as the loading bar goes all the way across, crash to desktop.
      [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
      [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Time to play Armada II (Fleet Operations Mod) to bridge the time :rolleyes:
      Simplication Award Winner
      Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
    • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      K well I just got an update Via twitter from @PWE_BranFlakes "that a solution will have to come from their end - as it's a graphics related issue"

Why didn't you all tell me it was opposites day!
      How did everyone else know the actual quote had been altered? (Hence it's very meaning?)

Actual twitter quotes:
      "@PWE_BranFlakes well i have been trying everything they been posting as possible solution on forum short of tossing my PC out the door ;(

Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes

@revega solution will have to come from our end -- it's a graphics related issue."

Sorry, had to look myself because op's "quote" implied the fix wasn't sto's problem.
      And looking at earlier parts of the twitter conversation, they were referring to the Crash of 08 Problem.

(You can quote me on this, but please, don't change any of the words). hehe

I can almost hear it now... Season 13... "Yep,..Just like the big "Crash of 08!"
      Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
      Deceiver's Lair Fleet
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • mraeambiimraeambii Member Posts: 1
      edited November 2013
      Same problem as everyone else. Crash as soon as character login screen begins loading. Tried Steam and ARC Same on both. Running XP. Error Code: 25316319.
    • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Why didn't you all tell me it was opposites day!
      How did everyone else know the actual quote had been altered? (Hence it's very meaning?)

Actual twitter quotes:
      "@PWE_BranFlakes well i have been trying everything they been posting as possible solution on forum short of tossing my PC out the door ;(

Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes

@revega solution will have to come from our end -- it's a graphics related issue."

Sorry, had to look myself because op's "quote" implied the fix wasn't sto's problem.
      And looking at earlier parts of the twitter conversation, they were referring to the Crash of 08 Problem.

(You can quote me on this, but please, don't change any of the words). hehe

I can almost hear it now... Season 13... "Yep,..Just like the big "Crash of 08!"

Oops just went to re read my post and realized my mistake edited. But yes there is nothing we can do from our side at the moment. Solution has to come from a patch from them. Hope it comes soon tho.
    • axeldaxaxeldax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Hmmmm well they known about this for a bit over a month now but yes, I loaded Holodeck and crashed ;(

My problem is a bit different than yours tho, I make it to the Black Cryptic loading screen and crash never make it to the second loading screen.

And same ticket number as before from Tribble # 18897741

Same problem
      Same Error code

Axel Dax
    • hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Ticket number: 14431686

Even after the launch of Season 8 and the Emergency Maintenance last night when I just tried to log into STO at 6:51am I still get "Using ARC I keep getting this error when I try logging into STO

Fatal Error: SerializeReadOpen: invalid signature on file ./Localdata/bin/Dynsequences.Bin"

Am I going to have to uninstall then reinstall the game again just to get it to play? Because I really dont want to do that.
      "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
    • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      mattyou444 wrote: »
      ok got a fix been stuk in a patch loop on finnal part of 225mb patch it keeped crashing at 95%

my fix is this go in to game folder /star trek online / live < folder and
      delet .patch folder
      delet piggs folder
      delet prepatch folder

then start the patch client then go in the the clients settings and you will see

patching proxy set it to US
      then
      gameplay proxy st to US

then start the patch DO NOT do the verify just patch it will then down load the full 12.6gb and the game will start

good look ppl

-vince

I tried this and still nothing changed except it takes longer to load up to the LOR screen.
    • chron0vorechron0vore Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I have had this problem ever sense the update for season 8 and i Have uninstalled an reinstalled the game and it still won't work!
    • ardhen1ardhen1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I don't mean any content.
      I mean CODE, your new code crashed my video card on tribble. I could not use my good computer on tribble because everytime I tried to log in it would crash the vid card, I would see nothing but a black screen with the STO cursor.

Now, Holodeck does that, and funny it didn't do it until this morning when I patched.

Let me get this straight Cryptic. I paid for my STO, and My lifetime subscription long before you thought of going to F2P and "P2P FTW", and I have had it with your antics, the ninja nerfs are bad enough but when I can not run your game on my less than 1 year old computer, however (well.. I haven't patched it yet to see if you broke it also) it runs on my 4 YEAR OLD laptop that according to your specs should NOT play your game, however my computer which well above your specs can not????

I hate you cryptic. Ban me, I don't care, you broke my perfectly working game. FIX IT.

And to the trolls that want to support cryptic, go away and find someeone else to bother. Costume bug in new series on one of my toons. Crashing bug on my sto, should I file bug report #1,999,999,999. Idiots
    • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Can I have your stuff?

I kid I kid. I'm sorry you're having trouble. Hopefully the emergency maintenance will help.
    • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      suaveks wrote: »

Well here we are a month later and the problem has gone live. Error ticket # 18897741
    • tomgorgastomgorgas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I finished updating with the emergency patch, and updated my Java and it still crashes at the loading screen!

Ticket # 18897741
    • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      ardhen1 wrote: »
      I hate you cryptic. Ban me, I don't care, you broke my perfectly working game. FIX IT.

Idiots

Sigh, how about giving some specs. When did you updated your graph card? Info please.

And please people.. stop using the *meh, money, meh* comment. I also put my fair share of money in the game, did you ever see me whining when I came across a bug? Didn't thought so.
      maxvitor wrote: »
      Nerf is OP, plz nerf
      That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      OP your not the only one. A lot of us myself included are having this problem.
      fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
      edited November 2013
      chron0vore wrote: »
      I have had this problem ever sense the update for season 8 and i Have uninstalled an reinstalled the game and it still won't work!

yeah... you had this since season 8 and part of players base had this problem since tribble test :)

doing a heads up i have reinstalled the game (using steam client) dont worked...
      the problem is not on our pc's :cool:
      i to use WinXP (wich IS NOT part of the issue cause we have people crashing with Win Vista and Win7 to)
      just a tip DONT TRY REINSTALL THE GAME
      you will only lose time and even more patiance doing this...
      the best think we who are having this problem can do is wait
      AAAAND play others games in the meantime:cool:

EDIT: wee i got a new ticket number!!! #25941731
      remenber guys post here yours tickets number for tracking (is the number on the cryptic error prompt)
      9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
    • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Tried again this morning after that 225MB patch and the results are the same as yesterday. CTD as the launcher disappears to start the client, client doesn't even get a chance to start up.

Error Ticket ID 26531885

Win 7.

Guess I'm off to give SWTOR a go then.
      I need a beer.

• enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Same crash as yesterday, post-maintenance. Game launcher crashes to desktop when Legacy of Romulus screen transitions to character listing screen making log-in impossible. Maintenance had no effect. Error Ticket ID: 25316319.

So it is now 2 days that many players have not had log-in capability. And the deadlines for master key discounts (tomorrow), missions for Lobi Crystals and Worf, approach. Would you please extend the deadlines, as our work schedules don't allow us to log-on at all hours of the day, even assuming the crash problem gets fixed by tomorrow?

One more thought about the C-Store sales that always end on a Thursday. Most people that I know get paid on Friday and can't get off work until the evening. Why not alter the ending of your sales to Saturdays? Just a suggestion to boost your sales.
      edited November 2013
      Same crash as yesterday, post-maintenance. Game launcher crashes to desktop when Legacy of Romulus screen transitions to character listing screen making log-in impossible. Maintenance had no effect. Error Ticket ID: 25316319.

So it is now 2 days that many players have not had log-in capability. And the deadlines for master key discounts (tomorrow), missions for Lobi Crystals and Worf, approach. Would you please extend the deadlines, as our work schedules don't allow us to log-on at all hours of the day, even assuming the crash problem gets fixed by tomorrow?

One more thought about the C-Store sales that always end on a Thursday. Most people that I know get paid on Friday and can't get off work until the evening. Why not alter the ending of your sales to Saturdays? Just a suggestion to boost your sales.

They wont be extending the deadlines, hope im wrong but they didnt extend the last event for the few people who had this same problem when the CE Event was on and we missed out on 7 days of the event. Also we only have a few days to claim the New Solanae Tribble till November 21st.
    • trev2165trev2165 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      I have no idea how to fix this lovley problem i have. Loaded 8 patch went to load and play and now crashing as the character list is loading on holodeck. anyone please help

error ticket #-25316319
    • illwilledillwilled Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      dave18193 wrote: »
      Just tried again, hoping it had undergone an internal fix and still no dice.

(latest) error ticket ID is 25664664

I got that patch, and still crapping out on the throw as well.

Windows 7-64 bit (recently recieved a few updates BTW, compatibility issue?)
      Intel i7, 8G Memory, NVIDIA 560m card. [Even tried turning off all sound before hitting the character select.]

I also noticed the button for "Create Content" is grey & unselectable. But, I guess that's probably by design until the critical errors are fixed.

If this isn't fixed in the next couple of hours then..
      CRYPTIC, Please consider this an official request to extend the lock box key sale.

This is extremely inconvenient.:mad:
      Gonna go hit up SWTOR while I wait for a fix. You can do it!, pls hurry. D:
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Cryptic, you broke your product, how about closing the servers downs and actually repair the errors :mad:
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • mrgoodrippsmrgoodripps Member Posts: 8 Arc User
        edited November 2013
        This has to be one of the biggest cluster ****s I have ever seen from a "game company". for real not even the ******* that work for blizzard wouldn't have patched over a update this ****ed up. Are we sure the PWE isn't a US government subsidiary? this has all the ear marks of a political cluster ****, you know, where they know its coming and dont do **** about it. Now a question to the people that have dealt with PWE a lot, is this normal? And how long do they normally take to fix **** ups this bad? I ask these things because if this is normal I will not only take my business else were but also that of every one I know. One more question, dose any one know how to get into the game business or weather forecasting? i would really like to have a job that i can **** up at this much and still get paid. So I think if this isnt cleared up tomarrow morning i will simply hit PWE where it hurts in the pocket book buy uninstalling it from my comp and getting my fleet to leave also, all of use are monthly subscribers.

Ticket #25316319
        edited November 2013
        No nothing this big has happen before or at least that I know of only once and that was the beginning of all of this the 10-03-13 patch that hit Holodeck and all other servers ( Tribble and Redshirt), took them a week to do a fix for Holodeck but the fix first came out to Redshirt. A fix was never found for Tribble as we where unable to log into after they implemented the fix to Holodeck.

The crash from Tribble was well reported and they known about it for over a month and they still implemented the patch to go live, my guess is that since there where only a handful of crash reports on tribble since mostly no one test they wanted a bigger group, which they got now to see if this was a wide spread occurrence or an isolated one.
      • mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
        edited November 2013
        Nothing new from me either, new patch applied, still crashing at loading characters every time, what ever i do (tryed to verify files, cnaged to proxy EU and US, all options in options, window mode, full screen), and game crashing every time no matter what i do.
        ehhh.....
        Xsara
      This discussion has been closed.