test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still nothing. 25316319
  • barondeltabarondelta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I?m also getting a crash with ticket 18897741. Interestingly, during the similar crash issues I had last month, it was crashing at around 70% of the progress bar on the Cryptic screen, where this time the bar reaches about there then the screen changes as if to go to the LoR screen, then crashes from there. So I?m not sure if it?s the same bug or not...

Have tried 3 times so far; will try a couple more, but reading this thread, my hopes are not terribly high...
  • getsgreasedgetsgreased Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server. The connection was idle for too long."

Anyone else getting this a couple minutes after black Cryptic screen with no scroll at the bottom?

I'm rebooting. I've got 10 gameclient.exe processes in my Task Manger and can't kill any of them, along with same crypticerror.exe's.

I'll be back...
  • macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Howdu, Folks...
    I'm putting this on here in hopes that someone may come up with a solution to a problem affecting myself and MANY others...
    When I try load game, it crashes as it tries to hook up to account server...ALSO... there is printing at bottom of LoR load screen about moving "materials files"...or something to that effect...
    Can any of U younger folks/techies give me any tips in regards to how I may solve this problem...? I miss my fleeties and several hundred friends in game...!!
    PLESE HELP US IF U CAN...!! And thx in adavance...!!
    :cool:
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Verifying and going to try a fourth time. Let you all know if what I did helped.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »

Way to much downloading to do that but thx

Indeed. But I'm trying it on my Notebook right now. If it works I'll try on the desktop, too, although it requires arc (please correct me if it doesn't)
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    akrilon wrote: »
    **RESOLVED**

Just a quick update to my previous post: a complete uninstall of STO and a total re-install using PWE'S arc client from the website, has resolved my issue. I can't guarantee that this will work for all affected players, as everyone's problem seems to be a bit different.

My issue was that the game client would crash while at the Cryptic loading screen, after launching the game from the launcher.

The entire uninstall/reinstall process took approximately 1 hrs for me. I hope this helps some others get in game. I'd take care to back-up your screenshots and other data files before doing a fresh install, if you choose to attempt this option.

Best of luck to you all!
    I'd be a little careful of this route.
    I just reformatted my desktop hd a week ago and was forced to use the Arc launcher to re-install the game.
    Hasn't worked on tribble or now on live, yet my laptop with the old launcher can still get me in the game.
    I realize that most if not all will be forced eventually into Arc, but it may make things worse.
    (I was going to reformat the laptop today...phew...glad I didn't. At least I can log in occasionally, even though it's too weak to play on).
    Just food for thought...
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'd be a little careful of this route.
    I just reformatted my desktop hd a week ago and was forced to use the Arc launcher to re-install the game.
    Hasn't worked on tribble or now on live, yet my laptop with the old launcher can still get me in the game.
    I realize that most if not all will be forced eventually into Arc, but it may make things worse.
    (I was going to reformat the laptop today...phew...glad I didn't. At least I can log in occasionally, even though it's too weak to play on).
    Just food for thought...

i will seen if i can do this using the steam client... i to dont use arc (why i would do this when the game is avaliable by steam???) so i will reinstall the game here if work i gonna make a head up here...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
    edited November 2013
    the uninstall and reinstall didnt work for me. and im not going through the format reload routine again.
    cryptic needs to step up and say they screwed up. revert us back. fix the problem THEN go live again.
    and a bonus for all of us who had to suffer through this wouldnt be bad either
  • leouanaleouana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the game client crash while at the Cryptic loading screen, after launching the game from the launcher.

it crashes just as it says connecting to account server.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to give you an update that the team continues to work on this issue, and work towards a resolution -- it is a top priority.

While we will be doing maintenance tonight, a resolution is not available yet, thus the issue can't be resolved in tonight's patch. I apologize, but I at least wanted to keep you in the loop.

I appreciate your continued patience, and please know that we want to get you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game crashes on the character select screen for me.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    edited November 2013
    Granted, I loaded the launcher twice by accident and closed the one NOT signed in but why would the error report come up with this ticket?

Done verifying. Trying now.
  • drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I reinstalled the game and used the files from the original for holodeck server it crashed gonna try reinstalling new files but when it crashed i got the the craptic pop up id 25316319
    edited November 2013
    The game crashes on the character select screen for me.

Mine does that as well... my misinformation... thx for correcting my boo-boo... They need accurate info to fix it... lol
    edited November 2013
    why can't it be resolved when there is already a solution/fix with this redshirtpatch...?
    edited November 2013
    Here is my tickets: 26340348 , 27271195
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to give you an update that the team continues to work on this issue, and work towards a resolution -- it is a top priority.

While we will be doing maintenance tonight, a resolution is not available yet, thus the issue can't be resolved in tonight's patch. I apologize, but I at least wanted to keep you in the loop.

I appreciate your continued patience, and please know that we want to get you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No worries, just try to get us back in when you can and soon. Some of us REALLY want that Tribble (might need to keep it away from my Cannibal Tribble on my KDF though unless the Cannibal doesn't eat Mark Tribbles?) and grind Lobi.
    revanpike wrote: »
    why can't it be resolved when there is already a solution/fix with this redshirtpatch...?

Because the problem might NOT be the same issue or can use the same patch?
    edited November 2013
    Here is my ticket: 26340348

He, he... I've sent in 20 so far... and am about to send another 10... er meant gonna try log on 10 more times... as a famous relative once said,"I shall return"
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »

Because the problem might NOT be the same issue or can use the same patch?

agreed. I don't care about tribbles or Lobis, but I care about getting this game started
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's crashing at the 75% loading screen for me on this Season 8 patch, at exactly the same point as before for many other people the last time it was fixed in the
    Release Notes: October 10, 2013
    "Resolved an issue that was causing some types of graphic cards to crash STO while attempting to load in from the launcher. "

Maybe it's a coincidence that the crash point is exactly the same as before at the 75% point of the loading screen or not. Did the developers somehow omit the code that fixed the crash on the Oct. 10, 2013 release notes?

If it is the same issue, then the crash is back by popular demand, and I want to know who demanded it to come back lol.

Ticket #18897741

Windows Vista 32bit, 4Gig RAM, Intel video
    edited November 2013
    Lets just hope it is server overload. A new season launch can do that.
    edited November 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    If it is the same issue, then the crash is back by popular demand, and I want to know who demanded it to come back lol.

It's the Solanae...they want their carrier back and this is their revenge.

Either that or Q is making a Duck-billed Tyrannosaur with a dolphin tail and sharkfins to put in a Space Tornado.
  • f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    akrilon wrote: »
    **RESOLVED**

Just a quick update to my previous post: a complete uninstall of STO and a total re-install using PWE'S arc client from the website, has resolved my issue. I can't guarantee that this will work for all affected players, as everyone's problem seems to be a bit different.

My issue was that the game client would crash while at the Cryptic loading screen, after launching the game from the launcher.

The entire uninstall/reinstall process took approximately 1 hrs for me. I hope this helps some others get in game. I'd take care to back-up your screenshots and other data files before doing a fresh install, if you choose to attempt this option.

Best of luck to you all!

Done that. Cleared manually first all of the prepatch and cache files, got the same Error ID (18897741), verified the files per Steam (15 missing still even after Launcher Start), redownloaded ~15mb Launcher Patch and 12 GB piggs again (took only twentyish minutes, hooray cable :D), crashing again with Same ID, so it seems that solution don't work for ID 18897741.

On a sidenote while tinkering today with my graphic drivers because my log was flodded with it the following:

14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Pixel shader (Shaders_Processed/Dyn/D3d/Effects Ssao_Prepass_9a156a19.Phl)
    creation FAILED - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
    14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Pixel shader Ssao_Prepass_D3d9_Ssao_Ssao_Prepass__3111840c)
    creation FAILED - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

wich btw didn't really matter and I nearly excepted it as standard for my card, as except for sometimes varied quality in the textures at highest settings it did just fine.

Anyway tinkering I ran into a 25941731 (I think, forgot to note it down, sorry) between switching from Original to WDDM Drivers and backwards. So I think that ID could point in the drivers direction, but since I got my standard 18897741 directly afterwards at the next starts again I didn't think of any particular meaning to the error ID change.

An interesting thing is that since the S8 Patch my logs are not flooded anymore with the D3DERR_INVALIDCALLs, wich could be:
    Good: They fixed the SSAO Shaders and just temporarily some Shadercode Override isn't computing correctly with older/"basic" cards
    Bad: They fixed the Shaders, but locked out compabilities wich kicks older and "basic" simply out... so long, thanks for playin' :\
    Or: It is also a distinct possibility that the error is not thrown because it crashes just beforehand ^^"

Edit: @pwebranflakes: Thanks for the heads-up, good to know that the team is working on it.
    May one ask if there is noone who observes the testing server forums for feedback?
    Just a humble question, you're doing a good job here :)

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
    edited November 2013
    Add me to the list. Crashes to desktop at the character select screen.

Ticket: 27271195
    edited November 2013
    Lets just hope it is server overload. A new season launch can do that.

He, he... another optimist...!! Cool...!! Thought I was alone on that thought... Here's hoping for that or another solution to yet be presented...
    Hava great day...!! [PS; will review yer Foundry mission whenever I get back into game]
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got 2 numbers

Gosh looks like we are mostly all here again with a few new faces, so hi there new folks! Although like turbomagnus.... I wonder when kyledewitt will come to break up the monotony for the next week while we wait for this fix...
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got 2 numbers

Gosh looks like we are mostly all here again with a few new faces, so hi there new folks! Although like turbomagnus.... I wonder when kyledewitt will come to break up the monotony for the next week while we wait for this fix...

Yes, indeed some familiar names are back. roflmao regarding monotony statement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    10 more percent and I SHOULD be back in the game. Just about finished reinstalling
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    good luck. let us know how that works for ya.
This discussion has been closed.