test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: The Voth

Comments

• zylovzylov Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dinosuar's with lasers, REALLY!? And Voth go Military. BULLCRAP. FIX TH GALAXY INSTEAD OF THIS TRIBBLE! Voth were peaceful, decended from herbovores. I friend of mine will never return now becuase of this TRIBBLE.
    THE VOTH THREATENED TO KILL A MANS FAMILY AND USE THE CREW O VOYAGER AS SLAVE LABOR AND YOU SAY THEY'RE PEACEFUL?!?! BULLCRAP!!!

I hope they add voth ships. They should be the trollmachines of the galaxy.:P
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whats with all the Caps btw?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm trying to work out if this is a troll thread or not?

We have the swearing, the random capital letters, the friend who left and was so angry with the changes he is never coming back, the off topic fix the galaxy request which really has nothing to do with season 8, the irrelevant information of them being herbivorous and somehow missing the whole aggressive tone of the Voth that was running through the episode.
    edited October 2013
    I'm trying to work out if this is a troll thread or not?

We have the swearing, the random capital letters, the friend who left and was so angry with the changes he is never coming back, the off topic fix the galaxy request which really has nothing to do with season 8, the irrelevant information of them being herbivorous and somehow missing the whole aggressive tone of the Voth that was running through the episode.

Yea, but 800 + Posts... Na... I think this is just someone who slept during class, perhaps not with a lot of years to back up their background?

Dosen't seem the usual trollishness to me.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I view this a couple ways.

1 - The Voth on Voyager as some pointed out. Was so into their "Doctrine". They was hostile to Voyager and crew. So I can see them being an issue when encountered. Until some kind of truce is made.

2 - It makes a good story to see what happened after the Voyager show. How they are now, if different from their Voyager visit. The odds is out there for good potential stories.

3 - Despite being Dinos, and some are not liking this idea. What is wrong with a Reptile more culture other than a "Human / Mammal" type. I'm sure if they ever allow us to visit Gorn Home world. I'm sure we will find all kinds of big lizards, turtle, etc there. It creates something different than the norm.

4 - Its a game, enjoy and have fun! That is what games are for!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simple, they did appear to be warlike. the Elder feared what the truth about doctrine would do to their culture. Or likely her power and influence in the government. And instead of working on the Voth deal with in game issues and request but players on certain ships.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Voth were peaceful, decended from herbovores.
    Simple, they did appear to be warlike.

How do they say in wargaming? What you see is what you get.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simple, they did appear to be warlike. the Elder feared what the truth about doctrine would do to their culture. Or likely her power and influence in the government. And instead of working on the Voth deal with in game issues and request but players on certain ships.

Say what? Really? Please tell me you're just trolling and aren't being serious.

First off, the Voth can't be peaceful, they're like right next to Borg space, that in and of itself bring a level of self-preservation and hostlility to any peaceful organization (*cough*Starfleet*cough*). Secondly, if it was all a bluff, I don't see the scientists not knowing it was all a bluff, and recanting. If she had no power behind her threat to imprison the scientists family and Voyager, she'd have been laughed at, the Voyager crew would have walked away.

So we have a race that explores one of the most deadly quadrants in the galaxy due to the Borg, which requires an amazing level of technology and military might in order to do so, are super-religious and need a police force, if not a full blown inquisition in order to keep their religion in power, and tend to threaten with incarceration if not death anyone who threatens their way of life, and has the power to do so.

Yeah, real "appears" warlike.

Also on your bit about "game issues and ship issues" I know one of my biggest complaints is lack of new content. This solves that issue, so they're fixing one of the game issues for me. Oh and the grind of the rep system, which they are fixing, of and the lack of alt friendly rep system, which they're fixing, need I go on.

Really, do your research before you open your mouth and sound the fool.
    edited October 2013
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Say what? Really? Please tell me you're just trolling and aren't being serious.

First off, the Voth can't be peaceful, they're like right next to Borg space, that in and of itself bring a level of self-preservation and hostlility to any peaceful organization (*cough*Starfleet*cough*). Secondly, if it was all a bluff, I don't see the scientists not knowing it was all a bluff, and recanting. If she had no power behind her threat to imprison the scientists family and Voyager, she'd have been laughed at, the Voyager crew would have walked away.

So we have a race that explores one of the most deadly quadrants in the galaxy due to the Borg, which requires an amazing level of technology and military might in order to do so, are super-religious and need a police force, if not a full blown inquisition in order to keep their religion in power, and tend to threaten with incarceration if not death anyone who threatens their way of life, and has the power to do so.

Yeah, real "appears" warlike.

Also on your bit about "game issues and ship issues" I know one of my biggest complaints is lack of new content. This solves that issue, so they're fixing one of the game issues for me. Oh and the grind of the rep system, which they are fixing, of and the lack of alt friendly rep system, which they're fixing, need I go on.

Really, do your research before you open your mouth and sound the fool.

So they deal with the borg. that doesn't mean warlike. They defend them selves. they had explorers heck the guy was a respected researcher. They just prefer studying you in secret. The ONLY reason for the whole Voyager incident was it brought out that their DOCTRINE was a lie. A lie which the leardship used to maintain their influence. And they used that influence to blackmail. Most races peaceful or warlike when you threaten the status quo it gets dangerous. And to have actual dinosaurs, not Voth with laser cannons!? please even you have to admit that's stupid.. And while the Voth have the ability to go to alpha quadrant that have no reason to for it increases the threat to their Doctrine. They are similar to the Gorn into keeping their boarders and not bugging anyone. So yes this is bullcrap and Cryptic should pay more attention to actual requests that improve the game or finish the story campain.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    Dinosuar's with lasers, REALLY!? And Voth go Military. BULLCRAP. FIX TH GALAXY INSTEAD OF THIS TRIBBLE! Voth were peaceful, decended from herbovores. I friend of mine will never return now becuase of this TRIBBLE.

Well I guess this is a farewell, It was nice NOT knowing you, admiralq1732, We will miss NOT you !!! :)

"Live NOT Long And NOT Prosper"
    edited October 2013
    Well I guess this is a farewell, It was nice NOT knowing you, admiralq1732, We will miss NOT you !!! :)

"Live NOT Long And NOT Prosper"

I'm not leaving yet. but again they will not get a dime from me again. There are better things they could have done then bring in the Voth.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    I'm not leaving yet. but again they will not get a dime from me again. There are better things they could have done then bring in the Voth.

I think you just contradicted yourself there my Friend... Couple mins ago you were complaining now you say you wont be leaving??? Just read what you said... Quote in Quote!!!

I friend of mine will never return now becuase of this TRIBBLE.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Like a Dyson Sphere?
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So don't play the new content, I for one think its pretty interesting and will be enjoying NEW stuff they provide FOR FREE

On the warlike issue, your making a very big assumption that their entire SPECIES is a single culture, Its entirely possible for there to be SEPERATE groups of one species Lets see, Romulan Republic/Romulan Star Empire , True Way/Detapa Council
    or how about real life, I'm human and i'm peaceful, Are there Humans out there who are currently fighting in wars?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • christopher101stchristopher101st Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whats up with all the hate. DinoLazers is awesome. Don't know what the big deal is. Our own military uses animals.....but they just strap bombs on there backs but we have lazers. The devs are doing a great job. Keep up the good work......!

Truly
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Seriously, you really need to watch Star Trek, because there are a lot worse elements of that franchise that the Devs can jump into. Greek God run amok, space amoebas invade, humans become salamanders, and so on.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Voth have something, and they must be taken care off....The Prime Directive be damned
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2013
    I'm sorry but he didn't contradict himself. He said his friend left. Now we all know it's his imaginary friend, but he didn't say he, himself was leaving.

Not imaginary friend. Mindwipe CJG of Star trek Legacy Ultimate Universe Mod.
    edited October 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    So don't play the new content, I for one think its pretty interesting and will be enjoying NEW stuff they provide FOR FREE

On the warlike issue, your making a very big assumption that their entire SPECIES is a single culture, Its entirely possible for there to be SEPERATE groups of one species Lets see, Romulan Republic/Romulan Star Empire , True Way/Detapa Council
    or how about real life, I'm human and i'm peaceful, Are there Humans out there who are currently fighting in wars?

but to go against what is known. they HAVE to have a really good reason. But again they need to deal with other issues before bringing these guys in in any form. and again dino's with lasers. COME ON!
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Come on Mods, work faster! The Voth have released trolls into the forums and are attacking every sector! You need to up your game in deleting/merging/katamari threads.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    but to go against what is known. they HAVE to have a really good reason. But again they need to deal with other issues before bringing these guys in in any form. and again dino's with lasers. COME ON!

Either humans use some method to get to the Delta Quadrant using the Dyson Sphere and the Voth are sent in to exterminate us or they have some business with the Dyson Sphere and we just stumble on them. Either way, most Voth are not friendly with humans and most likely have standing orders to shoot any human on sight and vaporize the body due to filthy contagions that we carry. After all, the Voth Leaders have to give some reason to their soldiers to wipe out any Human DNA they encounter.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Might have something to do with the last letter in the Greek alphabet.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not imaginary friend. Mindwipe CJG of Star trek Legacy Ultimate Universe Mod.

Nobody is going to miss Mindwipe. And you can stop touting Ultimate Universe or CJG when zero work has been done on that mod for over five years, it was an unbalanced mess of sloppily ported ships with not much in the way of quality control and CJG was guilty of cooking the downloads on Filefront. Kinda busted when the mod had six times more downloads than the game sold copies.
    Barihawk.jpg
    edited October 2013
    vladdie wrote: »
    Nobody is going to miss Mindwipe. And you can stop touting Ultimate Universe or CJG when zero work has been done on that mod for over five years, it was an unbalanced mess of sloppily ported ships with not much in the way of quality control and CJG was guilty of cooking the downloads on Filefront. Kinda busted when the mod had six times more downloads than the game sold copies.

WRONG. It was balanced, we FIX Legacy. And did it with the approval of DC Fontana, one of the original TOS writers. They reason for no work is the game is old and the group is not fully together anymore. and the fact it is dowloaded like crazy shows it improves the mod.
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Come on Mods, work faster! The Voth have released trolls into the forums and are attacking every sector! You need to up your game in deleting/merging/katamari threads.

Troll. I think not. Did anyone here cried out for Voth to be in game? I didn't see any. why can't they work on what we want them to work on? Is that such a difficult request to do?
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Troll. I think not. Did anyone here cried out for Voth to be in game? I didn't see any. why can't they work on what we want them to work on? Is that such a difficult request to do?

there was a pretty high profile poll asking what we wanted, people voted for Voyager, and many people anticipated the Voth being added in

They are adding additional FREE CONTENT, stop complaining about it
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do a search for voth and you will see threads asking about them all the way back in 2010. So obviously 'we' wanted them in the game.

'We' are not just you and your 4 friends in your fleet. 'We' are hundreds of thousands of players who all want something different. You may not like the voth but you are not everyone.

Please stop acting like yours is the only opinion that counts or that you represent anything more then just you.
    edited October 2013

I was going to entirely destroy this post by counter-arguing with ..
    adverbero wrote: »
    there was a pretty high profile poll asking what we wanted, people voted for Voyager, and many people anticipated the Voth being added in

They are adding additional FREE CONTENT, stop complaining about it

... and ...
    stf65 wrote: »
    Do a search for voth and you will see threads asking about them all the way back in 2010. So obviously 'we' wanted them in the game.

'We' are not just you and your 4 friends in your fleet. 'We' are hundreds of thousands of players who all want something different. You may not like the voth but you are not everyone.

Please stop acting like yours is the only opinion that counts or that you represent anything more then just you.

But then these guys did it for me...
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013

From the start of the game there has been approx 2 million players. do you know what ever single one wants? no of course not.

have you any idea how difficult it is to make anything based on what such a large group of people want? if i asked what people want right now, id get a 50 different answers.

the end of the day, this is not a democracy. they may follow roughly want people are asking for but its their game and they have to make the choice. if the voth fit the story that they are telling better than any of the other races then its their responsibility to make what they think is best.

Did we have any input in the making of a single episode of trek? no. they writers did what ever the hell they wanted, tell the stories they want to tell and they hope that people like it.

you are free to hate the voth and to think that they should have done something else, but you are one person, with one viewpoint.