test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: The Voth

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    nope, there was a LOT more hate for Ephohhhhhhs.

Seriously, there was...just...it started AFTER New Romulus (the Adventrur Zone) was released and people outsiide of Tribble actually got a look at them.

excellent the T-Rex is safe then jumps for JOY :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tejmashkt wrote: »
    People will hate on anything. I think humans hate things just to hate things. No other reason. Most likely out of boredom.

Man, I really hate your post! ;) You forgot sleepiness for a reason to hate stuff.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    People tend to define themselves by what they hate.

Remember to be pro-stuff, not just anti-stuff.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What is it with this generation that they have to throw the word "hate" around to describe everything that's disliked or anyone who disagrees with something?
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • tejmashkttejmashkt Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Man, I really hate your post! ;) You forgot sleepiness for a reason to hate stuff.

I hate that you hate my post. And I hate that I hate that you hate... wait... now I am just going in circles. i hate that!
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I could care less about the voth im looking forward to the dyson sphere :)

I just hope they use klingons who dont deserve even tribble extermination duty..walking around behind the dinos with a bag cleaning up all the dino dung :D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why do you hate our Freedoms :D
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited October 2013
    I could care less about the voth im looking forward to the dyson sphere :)

I just hope they use klingons who dont deserve even tribble extermination duty..walking around behind the dinos with a bag cleaning up all the dino dung :D

you mean this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »

Haha yeah except having a sad klingon cleaning it up with a plastic shovel and pail :D
    edited October 2013
    Haha yeah except having a sad klingon cleaning it up with a plastic shovel and pail :D

might be some good honest work for them :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Robotech had some good ones. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Uh, I appreciate the gesture, but all I asked for was to be given those 10ft tall eggsuits demonstrated by Voth concept art. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited October 2013
    i know its a big if but if they are to open this type of game play to me be Metal Gear Rex VS Ray!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    But there is no system in game currently that allows weapon deployments that are part of the deployer, like no shoulder mounted rocket launcher for a random example. So if they add that then what makes it impossible for them to make the weapon targetable independently?

Sigh... I will try to make this very simple for you to understand then:
    • Player has ship
    • Ship has slots
    • Slots gets items mounted
    • One item can be a point defense turret
    • Mech would be similar to a ship

There... that was easy, wasn't it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love STO mech combat. :) How cool would it be to have a mech on the away team?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    • Player has ship
    • Ship has slots

even easier: a KIT, usable by all classes, it has a special skin (the mech) and 4-5 abilities
    or you need a set, like a mech weapon, a mech armor, and a mech KIT...once you grinded all 3 you get a uniform skin that looks like a mech.

i see ZERO problems to implement such a thing...it would just be a design decision.
    Go pro or go home
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Voth like so many other odd species was one of the dumber ideas created by script writer's for Star Trek. There were always episodes through out the entire Star Trek life time that made me go "really, are you serious?", and this new addition is no different. The whole Voth episode made me say "Right evolved dinos from earth in space, couldn't have been from earth as they all became extinct, and if not where is the fossils from their ancestors?". So now you want to use them as a villain species with the dumb addition of prehistoric dinos to boot with lasers attached to their heads and battle armor to boot!!! Seriously? Are you all in affiliation with the SyFy channel and their crew for ideas?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I stand corrected. STO has already gone SyFy. :(

With this pace, we might be seeing Audrey Parker and her barn.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helvetiamatt81helvetiamatt81 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the Voth.
    But the peaceful, curious, and also dogmatic Voth from the Episode.

Not the bad, agressive T-Rex "Voth" in STO. I'm really sad what they are doing to one of my favourite races in Star Trek here. There was so much potential in it (both Voth and humans are coming from Earth...I mean: WOW! Just go on with that story! Let's discover each other!)
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the Voth.

Not the bad, agressive T-Rex "Voth" in STO. I'm really sad what they are doing to one of my favourite races in Star Trek here. There was so much potential in it (both Voth and humans are coming from Earth...I mean: WOW! Just go on with that story! Let's discover each other!)

Discover....that's one of the things Star Trek was about.
    But herin lies one of the fundamental problems of a Star Trek MMO.
    It's an MMO first and Star Trek second. And I fear it's one of the things that turns a lot of people who have an interest in Star Trek and also computer games away.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love the Voth.

You call that peaceful? Curious?
    The peaceful and curious Voth were just two lonely pariahs...

The rest seemed rather... aggressive in securing their believe system, so far as they were willing to destroy Voyager and "imprison" (we all know how that would have ended) the Crew, Gegen and his Companion if both hadn't revoked their findings...
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,873 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    • Player has ship
    • Ship has slots

Point defense turret doesn't see through cloak I don't think and it does rubbish damage so yeah...I could sneak up, strap a bomb to your rear, and be gone before you could make a 180 degree turn.

Those things will be walking targets...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited October 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Frankly, there are FAR more interesting races/foes that they could have used - the Kazon, the Krenim, Janeway, the Vaaudwar.

Kazon where nothing more then tugs in space and any one says they be better then the Voth needs to have there head looks at Borg didnt want them why would we i dont even recall the Vaaudwar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2013
    Point defense turret doesn't see through cloak I don't think and it does rubbish damage so yeah...I could sneak up, strap a bomb to your rear, and be gone before you could make a 180 degree turn.

Those things will be walking targets...
    Depends on how maneuverable they are. :P If they move like Veritechs that would be very difficult.... :D

Anyways, the only real way I can think of to make mech combat distinct from shuttle combat is to not use a crew mechanic for mech repair. And maybe not have boff seating either.

the other option would be to make it so that some missions can use either a shuttle OR a mech.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,873 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Depends on how maneuverable they are. :P If they move like Veritechs that would be very difficult.... :D

Anyways, the only real way I can think of to make mech combat distinct from shuttle combat is to not use a crew mechanic for mech repair. And maybe not have boff seating either.

the other option would be to make it so that some missions can use either a shuttle OR a mech.

I can't say I'm really familiar with those...

If these things are gonna have some kind of jets...permanent flight and not just jump jets...why take one over a shuttle?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited October 2013
    Obviously not. If they were we'd be seeing seasons based on professional wrestling, Quark's Quantum Kitchen, and Intergalactic Ghost Hunters . . . Oh wait I forgot that stupid Bonniekin mission.

I stand corrected. STO has already gone SyFy. :(
    Gein was more awesome than you. :D

But seriously.... I loved the premise of that mission. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited October 2013
    I can't say I'm really familiar with those...

If these things are gonna have some kind of jets...permanent flight and not just jump jets...why take one over a shuttle?
    A mecha may be something that primarily moves on the ground. But Veritechs would also fly. BEHOLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHZZXXqp24
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    With the personal Shield, Battlemechs would be a natural development.

During the Klingon miniwar and Dominion wars, we know that ground-troops were in action.

During the Mini-war, Starfleet only used shuttles/hoppers to bring in, and evacuate troops.
    We know this because of the soldier Jake stumbled upon while running like the little girl that he was.

He asked, quited worried, if Jake had seen a crashed hopper, clearly indicating that there was a risk it had been shot down, so we can reasonably assume that AA-weapons were used at least then.

We also know that the Klingons estimated that they could take a planet within a week using ground troups.

If it were as simple as just bombarding from space or by shuttle, it's unreasonable to use ground troops... Even for Klingons.

Mechs would be a natural evolution of ground troop support for most species... Even now, we are working on making battle suits, as well as Exo-skeletons.

Mechs are just the "heavy variant" of such a suit... Smaller and cheaper than a tank, stronger than your basic foot-solder.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • quazar1492quazar1492 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Normally I'm not a huge fan of 'cheezy' things and I would probably but dinosaurs in space in that category (I'm not a huge Voth fan). However I'm fine with tolerating 'cheezy' if its in the service of awesome and I would but armored dinosaurs with lasers in the awesome category so I'm actually really looking forward to the next season.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The thing is in the Dominion War the Allies could spare few ships. Most of their ships were for fighting the Dominion. For every AR558 i bet there were many other planets cut off with hostile troops around.

What I'm saying is there are few shuttles and starships around for providing air support. Unseen variety of atmospheric hoppers probably thats about it. Stands to reason ground troops would need the use for long range artillery or mortars, (we know the jem hadar use mortars, 'DS9 The ship') so I'd say some battle suits or tanks would be logical.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D