test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: The Voth

khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
Rep project or ultra rare loot drop, I don't care! I want to have the option to go full detard in shiny servos!! :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
Post edited by khayuung on

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you talking about this if so i indeed agree plz cryptic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »

Yes, yes these guys!! :cool:

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree and I like the Tholian-style that you encounter on New Romulus.
    edited October 2013
    cryptic could open up a new type of pvp game play with this!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can have the Voth mech, if I can have the Breen CRM 114. :D
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited October 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    You can have the Voth mech, if I can have the Breen CRM 114. :D

Deal. >:3

I even mentally dreamed that the Voth Battlemech gives +50 Combat Armor and +50 Personal Shield Generator in exchange for a -50 Kinetic damage res, because the multi-jointed legs make it vulnerable to grenades and explosives.

Engineers will have a bigger role in ground combat! :D

Dual high density beam rifles, secondary fire mode includes microphoton torpedo launchers, and ROCKET PUNCH.

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, **** it. I want Heavy Gears in there. I don't care why because we can just have everything in STO now, I guess. Or Guymelefs. Just do it, put them in there. The game still feels a little bit like it could have laid next to a DVD box of a Star Trek show once.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited October 2013
    ppl are to closed minded now days this why star trek will never really make it back to the tv ppl would be to closed minded to what ever they do

to put it plan and simple its got to be my vision of Star Trek or the highway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ppl are to closed minded now days this why star trek will never really make it back to the tv ppl would be to closed minded to what ever they do

I am impressed that people who liked Star Trek the way it was are always called "close minded" while everything that turns the franchise into a generic pile of random sci-fi is considered to be ultra progressive :D

Alienating has nothing in common with evolution of what we had. If the game that is called "Star Trek Online" has literally nothing in common with the shows any more, why call it Star Trek Online anyway?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I am impressed that people who liked Star Trek the way it was are always called "close minded" while everything that turns the franchise into a generic pile of random sci-fi is considered to be ultra progressive :D

Alienating has nothing in common with evolution of what we had. If the game that is called "Star Trek Online" has literally nothing in common with the shows any more, why call it Star Trek Online anyway?

Everything in trek is generic sci-fi until it is shown and becomes cannon. the show evolved over decades. always doing different things. some was popular, some was never heard of again. why should the game only show us stuff we have seen and not expand on it?

alienating is highly subjective. i dont feel alienated by anything they have added. sure some people will hate it, just as some people hate paris and janeway turning into lizards and having babies. should they never try to do anything new because some people might hate it?

lets take the borg. one of trek's most loved races. pretend they never existed and cryptic invented them. can you imagine what people would say?

"a cube? is that the best ship you can come up with?"
    "cybernetic zombies? really? why are you introducing fantasy TRIBBLE?"
    "why are you making new things instead of giving us what we already have established?"

if the tv show worked off of what people got upset about then they would never have added anything at all. some of us like new things.
    edited October 2013
    You must also remember that Star Trek itself wrote the book of several "generic scifi" tropes. Giving nods to each franchise is a time-honored tradition of nerds and producers as well.

Therefore, calling all this "generic scifi" is in fact a compliment to Cryptic!

• omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013

to put it plan and simple its got to be my vision of Star Trek or the highway

Agreed, people would complain that omg that's not startrek, even though its not like the full breadth of the Startrek universe has been explored.

Even if new stuff makes sense in relation to the old material, thier will be people who complain.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ohohoho...

And the Titan and the Mammoth Mk 2
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited October 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    ohohoho...

No way they're fitting inside a starbase corridor. :eek:

But I don't mind having a shuttle mission to take out some 4-legged stompers!

edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    No way they're fitting inside a starbase corridor. :eek:

But I don't mind having a shuttle mission to take out some 4-legged stompers!

Easy... we just make the corridors bigger... people shouldn feel that much difference...

Alternatively i could settle for the Wolverine
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    Let's throw the metaphorical "everything and the kitchen sink" into this game because possibly, maybe, in another universe it could have been in Star Trek.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Voth Battlemechs and Dino T-rex cavalry versus Federation/ Klingon Tanks and APC's

Yeah bring its On!!! :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ohohoho...

Easy... we just make the corridors bigger... people shouldn feel that much difference...

Alternatively i could settle for the Wolverine

Those bring back a lot of memories. For the record, i would not mind seeing that breen weapon CRM 114 either.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm all for being able to use the Voth battlemechs. As soon as I saw them, I wanted one. Or 5, gotta kit out the whole away team in mechs ya know?

Although I'd also settle for an old school RX-78. Nothing like a classic Gundam to get things going.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Rep project or ultra rare loot drop, I don't care! I want to have the option to go full detard in shiny servos!! :D

Only if they have ED-209 voices...... You have 5 seconds to comply...... :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,873 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While you're at it might as well paint a big bullseye on the back...hope you love being flanked and ganked...the bigger your mech is the harder it will fall.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited October 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    While you're at it might as well paint a big bullseye on the back...hope you love being flanked and ganked...the bigger your mech is the harder it will fall.

Only untill we can mount the point defence turret on it's head...

And you KNOW it will happen eventually.. After all: Dinos with Lazers (Something must be very wrong in the head of whoever thought of that).
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Federation has guns that can shoot though walls, Grenades with a blast radius of a mile, metals that can resist phaser fire, transporters the size of a coin, you would expect them to have some really awesome combat armor. Instead most of their ground forces get a rifle and a red shirt, a few lucky ones get a chrome vest and a fancy helmet. With the amount of firepower even just a hand phaser has, stuff like those Voth Mechs would probably be considered basic armor in the 25th century.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Depends on what goes into them. As many, including Cryptic, have pointed out, the Voth are more advanced than humanity. To a staggering degree. For all we know, each Voth mech has shields on par or surpassing those of the Elachi. In addition to neutronium armor. Obviously not 'pure' neutronium, or whatever rendered the Doomsday Weapon all but invulnerable, but considering the sheer age and technological advancement of Voth civilization, trying to say that their stuff is 'basic'... yeah, how 'bout no?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013

And you KNOW it will happen eventually.. After all: Dinos with Lazers (Something must be very wrong in the head of whoever thought of that).

You mean Al "Geko" Rivera? Need I say any more.... :rolleyes: ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited October 2013

So? Just take out that turret...could take out the turret and shove a couple grenades up its backside before then can even make a 180...

Star Trek...takes place a lot in space and on stations and such...how many times have you seen full out battles in open scenery?

That's why there isn't battlemechs in Star Trek...you put them in a closed space and they can become very vulnerable, especially when you could transport in right behind them where they're vulnerable.

Star Trek takes place in a lot of closed spaces. :P
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaevwrynn wrote: »
    Depends on what goes into them. As many, including Cryptic, have pointed out, the Voth are more advanced than humanity. To a staggering degree. For all we know, each Voth mech has shields on par or surpassing those of the Elachi. In addition to neutronium armor. Obviously not 'pure' neutronium, or whatever rendered the Doomsday Weapon all but invulnerable, but considering the sheer age and technological advancement of Voth civilization, trying to say that their stuff is 'basic'... yeah, how 'bout no?

I think you misunderstand. Given how powerful even basic level small arms are in Star Trek, something like a Voth Mech should be something that every infantryman would be equipped with.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    tlamstrike wrote: »
    I think you misunderstand. Given how powerful even basic level small arms are in Star Trek, something like a Voth Mech should be something that every infantryman would be equipped with.

Like I've been saying...it would be easy to flank those things with those basic small arms. Those things aren't going to turn as fast as a humanoid.

Let me take a technique that is used today...laser guidance...but this is the 25th century...we have much more advanced technology and even transporters. So it would be that much easier to paint the target and transport a bomb right between its legs.

I doubt those mechs are gonna make quick getaways...
  • radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There was no such thing as Voth battlemechs and from their extremely superior technology which have been developed couple millions of years further than us there is no need for such thing for them.
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]