What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, same prob here. I just hope they expand the duration of the CE Event for a few days so we all can finish our projects. Well thos of us who have problems...:(
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dartdukii wrote: »
    Well, same prob here. I just hope they expand the duration of the CE Event for a few days so we all can finish our projects. Well thos of us who have problems...:(

The already Expanded it by a few days, but yes they should again for us this will be the second day I cant log in
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My toaster ran 6 alts just fine today, no problems at all. (except those damn few seconds of freeze when the MU ships spawn -shakes fists-)

Win XP Pro service pack 3
    P4 2.80ghz
    1.50 gb of ram
    ATI Radeon HD 4600

I should buy a new PC, but i only use it to play STO, soo :P
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hm...

There's a couple of 8GB exceptions, but most of us with problems usually seem to have no more than 3GB of Ram...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    "Brandon Felczer ‏@PWE_BranFlakes morning :) Hope to have more info today and will post. Thanks for your continued patience."

I for one cant wait hope i can get in game soon
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Patience? I'm at the point of channeling Shanter...
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't mean to sound like a (word I can't say... Rhymes with pass) but can we we compensated for the loss of the shards please? I was dependant on that last little bit od dilith to get some awesome weapons for my Dk'yr science vessel tht I was gonna buy but I can't right now cuz STO is down
  • Options
    liannicky21liannicky21 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am having the same problem ive reformatted my laptop and reinstalled sto and still nothing! crashing at the cryptic loading screen... i hope the fix will happpen soon. need my STO fix!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hmm, we need to start a STO Anonymous...
  • Options
    wag33z1wag33z1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am also having the same problem with my game crashing since the 10-03-1013 patch.
  • Options
    liannicky21liannicky21 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree STOA (Star Trek Online Annonymous) i hope they get it fixed soon. ive been shaking since the update yesterday!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not my favorite way to start a day, especially not two days in a row, with the game crashing.

"Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...
    ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
    Communicating with Cryptic Error Tracker...
    Terminating crashed process...
    Sending Diagnostic Information...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!
    Waiting for description..."

Error ticket number: 20142668

Just like everyone else, it seems... What really burns me up is that I've been grinding Dil to exchange for Zen to unlock the Account Bank (for the now AB Lobi) and this is putting me behind my estimated schedule...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just want to post this for Bran to forward:

The patching process itself (last night 8-12PM central time) crashed multiple times with server timeout errors, but once the process completed I immediately 'force verified' with successful results and launched without any problems. Gameplay was slightly laggy but had no crashes. My system specs are:
    dedicated win XP SP2, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 6600, P4 prescott, WD caviar PATA.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'll give it a try
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nope, no go on force verify.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Good morning, Captains.

While the team continues to investigate, they have worked with the Tech Support team to create this support article: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4287/kw/STO

Please take a look at it when you can, as well at the suggested solutions provided (especially re: updating your drivers). If the issue is still outstanding, please do make sure to file a Tech Support ticket here, using the "Tech Support" category, and include as many details about your system as possible: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

We appreciate your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you in-game again soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nothing works here...not force verify.. not disable on demand...not safe mode.... win sp sp2 8 Gb ram.....
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Nothing works here...not force verify.. not disable on demand...not safe mode.... win sp sp2 8 Gb ram.....

Does the launcher 'launch' ? When you force verify can you see the failed file in the lower left launcher window, and does the launcher appear to be trying to download something when it finds the faulty file ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited October 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Does the launcher 'launch' ? When you force verify can you see the failed file in the lower left launcher window, and does the launcher appear to be
    trying to download something when it finds the faulty file ?

Nothing works as they say, not force verify i let it run all the way does not find nothing wrong, safe mode does not work, and yes launcher works once it changes to Engage I click on it and like I first posted the Black window where the Cryptic logo come up and the lading back moves to like two thirds of the way before it crashes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for bird-dogging this, Brandon. Nice to know there is concern about it. :)

Computer:
    Pentium 4, 3.60GHz, 3.25 GB RAM, ATI Fire GL V3100
    (yeah, I know, old vid card, but it was a *great* CADD workstation 5 years ago)

Gonna try it on my wife's laptop and see what happens.

Well, so far the laptop (Toshiba Satellite L505, Win 7, 2.0 GB RAM, AMD Sempron M100) has gotten farther. I got to the LoR splash screen. Slowly. I mean really slowly. This thing barely runs the game on a good day.

Well, the Toshiba runs the game. Very. Slowly.
    In the launcher window, top right, there's an "options" thingy. If you press it you get a window with several check boxes.
    nope, no go on force verify.

Same here...2/3rds then out. I am trying to allow through the firewall by exception... but still nothing...cryptic error handler again.
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    axeldaxaxeldax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for your help Brandon !

Like the others :

1) My launcher is working because I have access to the "cryptic loading" window
    2) I have tried the safe-mode (without success), the force verify (nothing seen), disable on demand patching (to patch again).
    Nothing !
    I have the same drivers as before, no new program running ...

Regarding the tickets, let me just say that the last time I sent one ticket, I have never received an answer !!!
    Globally, I always solve my problems thanks to the forum.

This time it is the worst situation I have seen ! (I started playing at the beginning of 2012).

Axel
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Nothing works as they say, not force verify i let it run all the way does not find nothing wrong, safe mode does not work, and yes launcher works once it changes to Engage I click on it and like I first posted the Black window where the Cryptic logo come up and the lading back moves to like two thirds of the way before it crashes.

Hmmmm, I've heard that one a few months ago. Lemme look in the 'bug reports' forum, I seem to remember a fix for this- IIRC there's a cache file that needs to be deleted.

<edit> doh, didn't realize I was already IN the support forums- check out the shadercache.hogg file stickied thread. Dunno if it's the fix but may be worth a try.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited October 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I've heard that one a few months ago. Lemme look in the 'bug reports' forum, I seem to remember a fix for this- IIRC there's a cache file that needs to be deleted.

<edit> doh, didn't realize I was already IN the support forums- check out the shadercache.hogg file stickied thread. Dunno if it's the fix but may be worth a try.

can u post the link for it.

Never mind yeah i saw that post last night

just found this from last year similar thing:

rain2100 wrote: »
    Aug 14 2012

I am having an issue after the latest patch.
    Everything was working BEFORE the patch ST.20.20120729.12.

I have downloaded the the full install and patch 2x and am
    getting the SAME Error

Corrupt pig file detected\nRead failed for file:
    Platformbin/Pc/Shaderbin/Shadercache.Hogg:

Its a fatal Error. I NEVER got this error BEFORE.

Cryptic did something to bork my ability to even get PAST
    the black cryptic load screen ... It stalls before 50%
    and times out after 3 minutes or so .... with the modal popup
    window stating that a fatal error has occured and that
    the Shadercache.Hogg is corrupt.

This file is downloaded and or created each time the
    game starts to load and the video mode is changed.

I dont know what is causing the error ... its NOT the
    Game Hogg images ... I have redownloaded ALL the
    files 2x and am getting the SAME error.

Something was done to BORK the LOAD process for the latest
    Patch ST.20.20120729.12 .... Now I NEVER get past the Load
    screen and CANT ever play the game.

THIS is BS !!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Deleting the file doesn't work either... deleted preference... that was a fail also. I'm. Doing uninstall/reinstall. At the moment but don't really expect it to work. Reports so far said it didn't... but its the last. Hope I have....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Deleting the file doesn't work either... deleted preference... that was a fail also. I'm. Doing uninstall/reinstall. At the moment but don't really expect it to work. Reports so far said it didn't... but its the last. Hope I have....

no deleting the file did not work, yes it re downloaded the file but that was all, ive been wanting to uninstal/re install but it will take forever let me know if that works for u
  • Options
    holger591973holger591973 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So uninstall and re-installation has not helped me ..... still the same error ....... even with tribble
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Did you try deleting the entire cache directory and deleting all the files in windows temp directory before relaunching ? Sometimes windows likes to use already downloaded copies of files from the temp directory when it's told to re-download a file.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    tamerethtamereth Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm now having this issue too.
    Patch went fine yesterday, I played for a short while this morning without issue. Now when I launch gets to the cryptic loading screen then I get a gameclient.exe has stopped responding.
    I've forced a verify etc and no help.
    What has changed from this morning?

I'm running windows 8 with 4GB of RAM.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tamereth wrote: »
    I'm now having this issue too.
    Patch went fine yesterday, I played for a short while this morning without issue. Now when I launch gets to the cryptic loading screen then I get a gameclient.exe has stopped responding.
    I've forced a verify etc and no help.
    What has changed from this morning?

I'm running windows 8 with 4GB of RAM.

But u didn't have any problems after the patch right u logged in normally??? Wow so what the hell is happening then. Some previous post have said that they experience lag after the patch but where playing. It seems it beginning to spread