What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing after todays patch 10-03-13 [Resolved! Welcome home!]

Comments

• Options
    profchimeraprofchimera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The team is continuing to investigate and I will absolutely post info once I have it. From initial investigations, this is looking to be an issue surrounding RAM. Thanks for your continued patience as we continue to investigate.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is there anything you can tell us about RAM more specifically?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Is there anything you can tell us about RAM more specifically?

Nothing for sure yet, but it may have to do with the amount of RAM you have. What amount of RAM are you all running, and on what version OS? I'll pass this data along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Add me to that list of people having this issue. Brandon whats going on?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Nothing for sure yet, but it may have to do with the amount of RAM you have. What amount of RAM are you all running, and on what version OS? I'll pass this data along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Windows 7 x64, 8GB of RAM.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well, there goes the ram thing, lol...

windows vista, 2 gb ram
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Windows Vista with...

One gig of RAM?

I thought I had more than that... but according to the paperwork (I pulled it out and checked), that's all it's ever had...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Windows 7 x64, 8GB of RAM.

LOL ... well, it's definitely not just affecting very old computers like mine. ;)

As I mentioned in a (much) earlier post, I'm running Windows Vista, 3GB RAM, 128MB video card (ATI Radeon X1200). Everything ran just fine before, albeit on relatively low video settings when in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sarlik wrote: »
    LOL ... well, it's definitely not just affecting very old computers like mine. ;)

As I mentioned in a (much) earlier post, I'm running Windows Vista, 3GB RAM, 128MB video card (ATI Radeon X1200). Everything ran just fine before, albeit on relatively low video settings when in combat.

Perhaps there's another problem as well then... hmmm...
  • Options
    wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same problem here all day. OS Vista. Ram 4GB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sarlik wrote: »

Yep same (not spec wise) but everything ran just fine an hour before the patch, then the patch came and nada maybe its something else they did not do much change on the patch tho so hmmmmmmmmmm

and by the way this sucks im missing my daily Crystalline Entity run missing out on my shards and my daily dilithium hope they get this fixed soon
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Same story here, basically;
    I played last night, went to bed, got up, did other things while waiting for the patch, updated, then went to log in and play...

And like everyone else, it seems, got to the "Cryptic Loading" loading screen and got crashed.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    chimera335chimera335 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm also having the same problem. I was rather relieved to see it wasn't just me.

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3, with 2 GB of RAM.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Firstly, let me thank you for helping out with this issue.
    I'll tell you for sure later when I get home, but from the top of my head it's either 512 or 1GB on Windows XP service pack 3.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well, I restarted my computer and tried again and it's still not loading - 75% and crash, just like it has been.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for bird-dogging this, Brandon. Nice to know there is concern about it. :)

Computer:
    Pentium 4, 3.60GHz, 3.25 GB RAM, ATI Fire GL V3100
    (yeah, I know, old vid card, but it was a *great* CADD workstation 5 years ago)

Gonna try it on my wife's laptop and see what happens.

Well, so far the laptop (Toshiba Satellite L505, Win 7, 2.0 GB RAM, AMD Sempron M100) has gotten farther. I got to the LoR splash screen. Slowly. I mean really slowly. This thing barely runs the game on a good day.

Well, the Toshiba runs the game. Very. Slowly.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    mordechai103mordechai103 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can add me to the list as well,

win 7, 2gb
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks but unfortunately it didn't work out for me.... but do appreciate the assistance!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    How do you start up in safe mode? I've tried running the .exe with the usual switches and nothing seems to help.

In the launcher window, top right, there's an "options" thingy. If you press it you get a window with several check boxes.
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Windows XP ...8gb
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    susanudansusanudan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    same problem here when will be fixed??
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still crashing after cryptic load screen every time since yesterdays patch, which makes me sad.
    Vista 2GB
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OK, so here are the specs:

Win XP - service pack 3 - 1GB RAM - ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 series (256MB)

This is what Cryptic's crash tools reports:

Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...
    ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
    Communicating with Cryptic Error Tracker...
    Terminating crashed process...
    Sending Diagnostic Information...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!
    Waiting for description...

I'm not sure if the patchxfer.log missing is the cause of the error/crash or if it's something the error tool uses.

One of the tickets is 14196316
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven't had any of the crash issues that many of you are experiencing, but that said alot of the posts are indicating the same issues I have recently reported to tech support regarding me accessing Tribble.
  • Options
    demonofrazgriz96demonofrazgriz96 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Initializing...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!

WIN XP SP3 4GB RAM
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Initializing...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!

WIN XP SP3 4GB RAM

Yep that's te same thing I get when I crash. It won't gather any information as it can't find that patchfixer.log

Seems its just not old computers then hope they fix this ASAP. As I stated missing doing daily dilithium grind on all 5 characters and doing the Crystalline Entity Event for the Shards as well on all 5 character.

If they fix this hope they at least extend the event by what ever amount of days we can't access the game.
  • Options
    axeldaxaxeldax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have also the same problem.
    3 Go RAM

Axel Dax
  • Options
    drachehexedrachehexe Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the same problem when trying to launch the game outside of the Arc launcher since the patch. If I run the game from within the Arc launcher the game launches fine.

However, I use a program called TriDef to play the game on my 3DTV and it doesn't work running the game from Arc. It needs to run the game directly from the exe file but the game crashes at the Cryptic logo screen if I try to run it without using the Arc launcher, even if trying to run it without the 3D front end.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ... still... not... fixed...

need... my... daily... .ss...t.......ooo... fixxxx!!!!

CRRRRYYYYPPPPTTTIICCCCCC!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ... still... not... fixed...

need... my... daily... .ss...t.......ooo... fixxxx!!!!

CRRRRYYYYPPPPTTTIICCCCCC!!!!!!

I know same here STO is not just a game for me it's life without it I'll die play it daily for hrs on end
  • Options
    coden991coden991 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, I have similar problem that you guys suffer.

I play the STO via Steam. Today, I started launcher, and wait for patching. But as you know, it was much slower than other times. So, I reinstall STO, And patching again. However, It was still slow. Unavoidably, I wait for long, long time. Finally, patch was finished, But game has so, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much LAG!!

Now, I reinstall STO Again, now. But... It is slow, too. I hope i can find solution. :(