Comments

• Options
    satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and they chase you all over the map like wolfs... b1wc.png
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited September 2013
    I am all for upping difficulty and challenge - but not from going from a 4 to an 8 out of 10 right off the bat.

Pugging this is a TRIBBLE shoot at best.(elite)
  • Options
    blackmarch0blackmarch0 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    This can't be possible. I'm playing one now (just died), there's got to be close to 30 (or more) Terran ships here, can't even get close to the Entity.

...and since when was the Crystalline Entity on good terms with the Terran Empire? Shouldn't they kind of be shooting at each other too?

I counted 7-10 rifts each with a good sized groups of mirror ships.. almos tall wil aggro together. makes this encounter unbeatable or nigh unto.

to the DEVs; please change it back to how it was and remove crystalline event event. I'm sorry but throwing masses upon masses of sihps at something is not good game design (we already have no win scenario anyways ... ).
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is a simple concept:

Don't shoot the Mirror ships.
    Shoot the CE only.
    Do not, under any circumstance, use any AOE.

Why is this so hard to grasp to some (Most) people.

Also, the Mirror ships were targeting me even though I never shot them. That is a major fail.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I beat the elite with a good group in my Eng Excel tank - we focased on the entity - it took 3x as long as normal for 80 marks - vs 50 for normal

tried 3 other times and everyone went after the mirror ships like they used to with the Tholins - needless to say it was a total ^*&%^%*&^%()*&^%( - waste of 20 min each time till I warped out.

Never again for 30 extra marks

(this post is not directed at any one person in particular)

I want the whole game to be like this at end-game. It's all, all of it, FAR too easy. The moment anything deviates from the current 5 minute quickie format, the forums are filled to the brim with complaints. How old are we?

I'd much rather it were necessary to actually interact with people in a MMO in order to successfully complete the content. It's frankly boring otherwise and I'd sooner just go back to single player games. And pugs are pugs, before we even get to opening that whole can of worms.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What did I do when I 1st went to the mission for the 1st time? Read the briefing. It took me a few minutes and i'm sure some of the other players thought I was a moocher.
  • Options
    captainpanixcaptainpanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They even drug the CE to the respawn point.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't forget, this NEW version of CE is immune to subnukes, so it keeps getting stronger. I saw the buff get up to over 120 (240% more damage) before it died once.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't forget, this NEW version of CE is immune to subnukes, so it keeps getting stronger. I saw the buff get up to over 120 (240% more damage) before it died once.

Dont use subnuke. Use Tykens rift

That works, always has
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    (this post is not directed at any one person in particular)

I want the whole game to be like this at end-game. It's all, all of it, FAR too easy. The moment anything deviates from the current 5 minute quickie format, the forums are filled to the brim with complaints. How old are we?

I'd much rather it were necessary to actually interact with people in a MMO in order to successfully complete the content. It's frankly boring otherwise and I'd sooner just go back to single player games. And pugs are pugs, before we even get to opening that whole can of worms.

I for one, enjoy a good challenge, but this is just stupid. The sheer numbers gets out of control. My highest seen MU ships is over 100 so far in one map.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Tachyon beams and charged particle bursts are still working wonders though.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Confirmed, Mirror ships do NOT fire on the CE.

The Mirror spam is out of hand. I flew my most tanky ship, my JHDC, and got blown to bits, and ground into tiny pieces in seconds... That ship never dies in other elite content, but here it was like I had no shields or armor at all. And my poor fighters lasted a millisecond, if that.

And the subspace attack has to go. The CE is not the Elachi, so it makes NO sense why it would have an Elachi special attack, unless the thought was to have Elachi ships there...

Talk about "Defense of New Romulus" scenario all over again. That mission was stupid hard in it's original form until you guys fixed it. Do you never learn from past mistakes???

Oh, one more thing, internal testing is one thing, but that will never work as intended in a live environment. Maybe this should have been tested on Tribble/Redshirt before going live...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I for one, enjoy a good challenge, but this is just stupid. The sheer numbers gets out of control. My highest seen MU ships is over 100 so far in one map.

OK, it's a little excessive, but experience tells me that by the end of the 21 days, the entity will be as easy as setting keybinds, sticking something heavy on the spacebar and popping off to the kitchen to cook dinner. It happens everytime something is made even just a little bit more difficult.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

• Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Confirmed, Mirror ships do NOT fire on the CE.

The Mirror spam is out of hand. I flew my most tanky ship, my JHDC, and got blown to bits, and ground into tiny pieces in seconds... That ship never dies in other elite content, but here it was like I had no shields or armor at all. And my poor fighters lasted a millisecond, if that.

And the subspace attack has to go. The CE is not the Elachi, so it makes NO sense why it would have an Elachi special attack, unless the thought was to have Elachi ships there...

Talk about "Defense of New Romulus" scenario all over again. That mission was stupid hard in it's original form until you guys fixed it. Do you never learn from past mistakes???

Oh, one more thing, internal testing is one thing, but that will never owrk as intended in a live environment. Maybe this should have been tested on Tribble/Redshirt before going live...

Heh, even more obvious than that mistake was when the CE could only be attacked with energy weapons. ONE person laying mines regenerated it; and now we seem to have similar thing happening. Player #8 shoots 1 AOE attack and the whole thing is over. At least until they get the ship count under control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    While investigating the MU aggro issues, I noticed that the Rifts are incorrectly set to respawn additional MU ships on far too frequent of a basis. Right now it's between 1 and 3 ships every 100 seconds.

We're changing that to every 600 seconds. So that should improve the number of ships you see when these hazards spawn.

Additionally, after extensive testing, I've determined that the MU ships DO fight the CE and Fragments, but that their Threat threshold is exceedingly low. So even a self-heal has a chance to pull a MU ship into fighting a player ship. We'll be addressing this to find a more reasonable middle ground.

Until these fixes are in, I can tell everyone the absolute best strategy for getting through the Mirror Ship phase: Ignore them completely. If you focus all of your damage on the Entity, you can force into the next phase of the encounter, at which point the Rifts and all Mirror Universe ships will despawn.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The more moochers the merrier. Easier to take first that way.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    While investigating the MU aggro issues, I noticed that the Rifts are incorrectly set to respawn additional MU ships on far too frequent of a basis. Right now it's between 1 and 3 ships every 100 seconds.

We're changing that to every 600 seconds. So that should improve the number of ships you see when these hazards spawn.

Additionally, after extensive testing, I've determined that the MU ships DO fight the CE and Fragments, but that their Threat threshold is exceedingly low. So even a self-heal has a chance to pull a MU ship into fighting a player ship. We'll be addressing this to find a more reasonable middle ground.

Until these fixes are in, I can tell everyone the absolute best strategy for getting through the Mirror Ship phase: Ignore them completely. If you focus all of your damage on the Entity, you can force into the next phase of the encounter, at which point the Rifts and all Mirror Universe ships will despawn.

At what point do you consider "the next phase", 64% or 34%?

At both points the MU ships are still there right up until the CE dies, so even that is not WAD... :confused:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Problem with this is that there are so many players that do not read the forums, so how will they get to know this?

There is no information at all from the pop up when entering the map telling you what NOT to do, so we will have ppl spamming BFAW and other AOE attacks...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Problem with this is that there are so many players that do not read the forums, so how will they get to know this?

There is no information at all from the pop up when entering the map telling you what NOT to do, so we will have ppl spamming BFAW and other AOE attacks...

Agreed, if you guys at Cryptic are going to introduce these new things.

They have to, A. Be tested by players, and B. The info has to be given to players in game.

None of this was done, which is why there are so many problems.
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    At both points the MU ships are still there right up until the CE dies, so even that is not WAD... :confused:

I've noticed it does despawn them...sometimes. The real unlucky part is getting the MU phase again at the very end, makes it really hard to stay alive with all that ship spam. :(
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I have been in the mission that the next phase had no effect on mirror universe ship they remained and had to be killed,
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Pugging was an epic and complete failure. Flying this with the fleet doing just as instructed here worked every time.

I'd say, until the fixes are in, only go in a premade group that knows what to do.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Real wisdom is not knowing how to hit your fire button, but when you should hit your firebutton.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Are you 100% certain that the Terran ships are not firing on the Tholians or CE, and not being chased by Fragments? That would be different than what was observed during local testing.

If left to their own devices, a good portion of the Terran ships are likely to end up aiding players against the Crystalline Entity. Unless something has gone wrong.

If everything is working as originally intended, then one potential 'solution' for this phase (if it appears - it doesn't always) is to ease off on the use of AOE abilities like Cannon Scatter Volley, Beam Fire-at-Will, Photonic Shockwave, Tractor Beam Repulsors, etc. Unless, of course, you WANT every nearby ship shooting at you, instead of one another...

I can safely say in 4 runs I was in them mirror universe ships wasn't helping. they in fact was seeking revenge on us all for killing all their buddies in the mirror event.

I've done several runs tonight and sometimes hardly any spawn. but on them 4 runs I mentioned theer was a crazy amount of spawns and they certainly set up a blockade preventing any one getting to the entity.

on 1 run the mirror spawns was camping the respawn point gank squad style
  • Options
    delgrantdelgrant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    The game I was in wasn't winnable. There were too many Terran Ships, an ever regenerating Entity and not enough of us.

^^this
    10 chars
    - Redneck Academy - / Legio XVI 'CARDASSIA'

All generalizations are false, including this one.
    - Mark Twain
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And the moral of this story is, "if it aint broke, don't TRIBBLE it up by adding loads of TRIBBLE into it", just annoys people
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What the frig?

As i recently read, stay tuned for the crystalline entity and its allies to have something new against you and using new tactics.... i never thought of

the whole Mirror Universe at once... well played cryptic. before i was able to easily defeat the entity on elite now i struggle on normal. not only because of the ship is now taking a serious bashing from the non stop horde of mirror ships but also due to massive LAG that comes with 56045285250 ships at the same screen.

THIS is way beyond frigged up.

first we wait all for the featured episode and now you bring the crystalline event again only to brake it again after it was finally fixed and beatable again?

on side note we were able to beat it.. but it took ages on normal. transphasic works well now, and elachi beams or rom plasmas whole team had them.

i dont say its not managable. but it really is hard for a daily grinding event. as for example i only have my main toon eqiupped with a ship that can beat it now. before all ships could do it.. so this means only my main will get the award now.

when you do a grinding mission that you have to attend every friggin day to get something worthwhile. it chould be possible to win without Rep 5 gear
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Pugging was an epic and complete failure. Flying this with the fleet doing just as instructed here worked every time.

I'd say, until the fixes are in, only go in a premade group that knows what to do.

Yup, it only takes one person to aggro the MU ships. Once that has happened in a pug, you can most certainly call it a failure from then on.

The only reason it completed in my groups, is because there were a couple like myself who were switched on enough to concentrate on the CE.
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    And the moral of this story is, "if it aint broke, don't TRIBBLE it up by adding loads of TRIBBLE into it", just annoys people

They're Cryptic. They break things. It's what they do. Kind of like a signature.
  • Options
    l9of20l9of20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMG so many Mirror Universe ships in their dam.

I know how you feel. My entire event was getting spawn pwnd by mirror ships. GREAT JOB PWE for fracking up a perfectly good event and making it dang near impossible to complete. YOU WANT TO TURN DOWN THE MIRROR SPAWN COUNTER PLEASE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Freaking jerkwads
    C&C of the Federation Outsiders